The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 10th, 2012 (10:05 AM).
Flaze
Unhatched Egg

The only legit shiny I can remember finding was a Shiny Doduo in Leaf Green.

Once I even saw Wally catch a Shiny Ralts on my Ruby, which stunned me when I saw it lol
Old November 10th, 2012 (10:31 PM).
Tsukimaru
Double battles veteran

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukimaru
my shiny pokemon story is in Emerald :3 and it`s quite a cool one

I was at safari zone completing my pokedex (i was missing Miltank, Stantler and Tediursa by that time).
I found some tediursas but all of em fled :/. then, when i was bored watching the tv, i just let the volume of the GBA at max to hear the pokemon roar, when suddently i hear a tediursa cry, followed by the shiny sound.
I didnt look at the gba, but i said (did i just hear...?) i watched and it was a green tediursa!!!
i was really excited yet dissapointed at the same time since all the tediursas i found so far fled.

well, i aproached (my heart was a bout to pop out when did that), and it didnt flee. then i aproached one step more, AND IT STAYED!!! i said to myself (ok, you can do it. this is the one... WRAAAAA!) and pressed the safari ball. it spinned 2 times and came out of the ball and i was like fuuuuuuu.. but it didnt flee :D then i threw another safari ball, and i caught it :D

i still have it, and im proud of my feat (which was complete and absolute luck hahaha)

/showthread.php?t=188702

Diamond FC:1719-2198-5393.
Platinum FC:3395-0270-3626
HeartGold FC: 4297-5796-7530

Check out my battles and comment please xP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9P1Zd4exY4
Old November 12th, 2012 (09:53 PM).
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
I caught a shiny Smeargle in Expert Emerald (the hack here) yesterday. Seriously awesome even if it is a Smeargle. That's my third ever. :D

Credit to whomever drew that Hilda picture. Lemme know if that's you.

~*~ 3DS FC: 3540-0366-4191 ||| Mii name: Andy ||| IGN: Amanda ~*~
Old November 15th, 2012 (03:13 PM).
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
A while ago this year, I was minding my own business looking for a shroomish in Petalburg Woods, and I had just beat the grunt, I was frantically looking for one with an Adamant nature, and then BAM. Shiny shroomish. I had only gone through like 8 of them. I was like "Sister, come here I found a shiny!" and she was like "Yeah right :/" and she came out and it had Red spots on it rather than green spots. And I caught it so I was pretty happy about that.

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old November 15th, 2012 (03:31 PM).
Flydro
doobz

Nature: Calm
I used to have 3 shinies on Ruby: Swampert, found as Mudkip in just 12 resets, Swellow, found in a random wild encounter, and Zigzagoon, also found by chance. Unfortunately I no longer have them because my little brother lost all my old GBA games except FireRed which has never even seen a shiny.. so yeah

*hunting:

Old November 15th, 2012 (09:20 PM).
ShayMontgomery
Pokemon Master est.1996

Nature: Bold
I can't believe that I have never come across a shiny in my Ruby game which has over 500 hours on it..
Old November 19th, 2012 (02:34 PM).
metal64meli
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to metal64meli
I caught a shiny pikachu in Ruby and a shiny exeggcute in leaf green.
I caught the pikachu without even noticing it was shiny, It just appeared while I was at the safari zone, I threw the ball and caught it. Two days later I was looking at my pkmn's nature, and I saw the shiny symbol on pikachu, I remember jumping out of the chair.

With the exeggcute, I was at the safari zone (again) and the first pokemon that showed up was that one, I kept on throwing food and rocks to the thing so it wouldn't escape. I threw two rocks in a row and then a ball, eventually I caught it and evolved it to exeggcutor, I still have it in my team
Old November 19th, 2012 (03:16 PM).
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I caught a shiny zigzagoon, and that's it
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old November 22nd, 2012 (11:21 PM).
Pinta77
Swadloon Trainer
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
My first shiny was an azumaril that I got in a trade. Then I found a zubat, but it was on my friends game. And that's all for gba.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old November 30th, 2012 (05:28 AM).
Shirehorse7
Unhatched Egg

I found a shiny Manetrike that appeared suddenly

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Old December 1st, 2012 (05:44 PM).
Penta Penguin
The biggest underdog in the world

My first and only shiny that I encountered was a Carvanha, and I never caught it either due to critical hitting it I've never caught any, but never found any shinies after that.

Next project: Pokemon Dark Nebula?

~Youtube~
Old December 1st, 2012 (08:49 PM).
Feebas
Unevolved

Nature: Lonely

Old December 1st, 2012 (09:16 PM).
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
My only shiny ever was a Machop in Emerald. So happy that day. Pea soup Machoke was so awesome.

Old December 4th, 2012 (02:31 PM).
Junior1205
Unhatched Egg

Woah, you guys are very lucky. I've only got to catch and meet one shiny in emerald. It was a shiny geodude. I was so happy when I found it, that I almost drop my gba :3. Oh well Good times xD.
Old December 5th, 2012 (07:05 PM).
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

I found a shiny lotad when I borrowed my little brother's game. I caught it, traded it to one of my games, and I still have it to this day.

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old December 7th, 2012 (09:09 PM).
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Excluding the shiny red Gyarados and hatching a shiny egg Pokemon in Generation II (which I shouldn't be mentioning in this section) I have seen and captured several shiny Pokemon:

Spinda- this happen as I ran out of Max Repels because I was trying to get a lot of ash in order to build furniture for my secret base and I just ran into a shiny one and captured it; I released the original colored one right after. This was in Pokemon Emerald

Zigzagoon- this happen in my Pokemon Sapphire version. I was strolling through Petalburg woods trying to hatch an egg and I ran into a shiny Zigzagoon by accident because I thought I had a Max Repel on.

Mawile- this happen in my Pokemon Ruby version. I was searching for a Mawile in general in Granite Cave and after searching for about 10 minutes, I found one

Tentacool- this also happen in my Pokemon Ruby version. I don't remember when, but when I was surfing to go to another town, I thought I had a Max Repel on, but I did not have one and then I just ran into a shiny Tentacool.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old December 18th, 2012 (11:28 PM).
Lost Christmas
What you lookin' at?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
I think my first shiny in pokemon emerald was a Shroomish, and I only had a Tailow left with peck so I ended up killing it with a crit, in that same playthrough I did come across a shiny Wingull and snapped him up quickly! However, I don't see shinies in the light most people do and I either release them or don't bother transferring them over to the next gen when I restart.
Pair(s) | Sig Credit | Completed Challenges
Old December 21st, 2012 (03:50 PM).
Gameb0y
Pokemon Trainer Since '98

Nature: Relaxed
Actually the most shinies I ever got from a game were from Saphire. I found 3 shinies which were voltorb, swablu, and a zubat just like you. But I regret giving it a nickname, especially something so stupid. I called it "aKaTsUkI", and as you can see by the name I gave I was pretty young at the time. It does feel good to still have it with me after like 8 years as I migrated it so it can be with me on the dsi
Old December 27th, 2012 (09:28 AM).
DelightedTurk
Hipsterest Hypno in the land

Nature: Calm
I remember finding my first ever shiny to this day, a red Duskull just to the west of the Safari Zone (I can't remember the Route name, apologies). I was so confused by it I called my friend over and he told me to catch it, and I obliged. I then traded it to my other friend who raised it into a majestic Dusclops. I then got it back, before someone deleted the save on me. I was never that upset before in my life at that stage, it had my shiny Dusclops and legit level 100 Swampert...
Old December 31st, 2012 (11:18 AM).
Qzan

So far playing R/S/E I never got any shinies. But got 3 in FR/LG:- Pidgey (Vermilion), Caterpie (Viridian Forest) and Machoke (Cerulean Cave).
Old December 31st, 2012 (11:44 AM).
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

I got a shiny Dusclops and a shiny Slugma in Ruby (played that game waaaay too much xD), a shiny Zubat in Sapphire and a shiny Tentacool in Emerald. The Dusclops was my first shiny, not counting the Gyarados in GSC, so imagine what I did when I encountered it :p
Old December 31st, 2012 (12:37 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I have a shiny Koffing in Emerald, but I haven't bothered transferring it over yet. I encountered a shiny Sableye in the past, but I ran from it.

Old December 31st, 2012 (01:38 PM).
sab
Now too much of a life.

Nature: Timid
After over 700 hours on emerald, and more than 400 on ruby, I can say that I have never seen a shiny, and probably never will...
Old January 1st, 2013 (04:15 AM).
~CreamyChoco~
Happy new year to everyone

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~CreamyChoco~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~CreamyChoco~
i was about 5 years old when i first got pokemon gold and i really loved it very much and i encountered a shiny pokemon after i received the egg from Mr.pokemon and i could not catch it @_@

Shines i caught
Old January 1st, 2013 (09:35 AM). Edited January 1st, 2013 by ranso33.
ranso33

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ranso33 Send a message via Skype™ to ranso33
Please help!!!!
I have never seen a shiny pokemon before, and I have played every single game (including originals and remakes). To be honest, I did capture a shiny Gyarados in Silver, but that was part of the storyline so it doesn't count.
Could anyone tell me how this works? I mean, is it just pure luck or do you carry an item to be able to find them? Can someone do the calculation of the probability of finding one, and is there anything that can be done in order to increase your chances to find a shiny?

Extra questions: Is there any chance of having your starter pokemon as a shiny? And from which game on did shinys start to appear?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links