The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old November 12th, 2012, 05:47 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Relaxed
Do you ever wish that your favorite, or any pokemon could get that one good move, or that certain stat buff? Or have you ever disregarded some pokemon, like starters for example, for pokemon that outclass it?
Well here you guys can discuss about some buffs you'd like to give to that pokemon that would make them better in general battle, or even some that'll bump them up a competitive tier. Possibly an abillity that would give them the edge? Remember any buff you give your desired poke is viable as long as you don't overpower them or give them rediculous stats.

To start, I would like if Emboar had better defences to better suit his good hp. Say 80 Def and 75 SpDef? Also amp up his speed to 75 and his attack by 5 and lower his special attack by 5.

Lastly I would like to grant Emboar the mighty Close Combat.
Old November 12th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Syltti
Lilligant's Loving Trainer

Nature: Calm
Hm.

I kinda wish Gardevoir had better base physical defense or speed. Her base def is 65.. maybe 75 or 80 would be a nice boost. She also has base 80 speed, so maybe 90~100. Or, if her speed were to stay the same, grant her Analytic in place of Trace.

/evilgrin

FC - 4012-4737-6781
Y Battle Record: [0 Win(s) - 1 Loss(es) - 0 Tie(s)] - Latest Battle Video: N/A
"Ryana.. She's a Necromancer. Hers, however, uses a very peculiar system and grants her amazing abilities that no other necromancer has managed to replicate. Necromancers can control zombies, skeletons, and ghasts; Ryana specializes in zombies, but has a secondary handle on skeletons. People see Necromancers as horrible abominations. Ryana is nothing of the sort. It would take less than a day for anyone to realize that."

Fuyou Ayame - Elven Alchemist. Loving Mother. Royal Guardian.
Old November 12th, 2012, 07:59 PM
CourageHound

Ehh. I'd think analytic would be to fast for base 80 speed. Magic Guard would be cool tho
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Syltti
Lilligant's Loving Trainer

Nature: Calm
You'd be surprised, considering my Gardevoir has very few Speed EVs. Although, yes, she'd still out speed select Pokemon, it's just those that out speed her who get hit hard. Er.. well... harder. xD

FC - 4012-4737-6781
Y Battle Record: [0 Win(s) - 1 Loss(es) - 0 Tie(s)] - Latest Battle Video: N/A
"Ryana.. She's a Necromancer. Hers, however, uses a very peculiar system and grants her amazing abilities that no other necromancer has managed to replicate. Necromancers can control zombies, skeletons, and ghasts; Ryana specializes in zombies, but has a secondary handle on skeletons. People see Necromancers as horrible abominations. Ryana is nothing of the sort. It would take less than a day for anyone to realize that."

Fuyou Ayame - Elven Alchemist. Loving Mother. Royal Guardian.
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:26 AM
sunshinesan
Pokesho fan

Nature: Bold
Starmie <3

with

Regenerator

instead of trollnalytic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syltti View Post
Hm.

I kinda wish Gardevoir had better base physical defense or speed. Her base def is 65.. maybe 75 or 80 would be a nice boost. She also has base 80 speed, so maybe 90~100. Or, if her speed were to stay the same, grant her Analytic in place of Trace.

/evilgrin
Trace is awesome on Gardevoir. Why would you wanna get rid of it? D:
Switch in on a flamethrowering Heatran? Check.
Switch in on a thunderbolting Electivire? Check.
Switch in on a scalding Gastrodon? Check.
Gardy is awesome with TRACE >:D

p.s. base 100 speed Gardevoir will push her to OU, I guarantee it. Leave the defense alone, it suits her style, she can't have everything.

Currently playing as of 10/26/2012: POKEMON WHITE 2
FC: 3826 6533 5813
Crazy Shenanigans - Click Me
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Castform

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Give Flareon Flare Blitz! It would make it actually useful.
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:30 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Other than what's mentioned above, I'd give Snorlax Slack Off so that it has a reliable recovery move. That, and what it does around half the time is sleeping/slacking off.

Old November 13th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Hikamaru
out of this world
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I would give Starmie Regenerator instead of Analytic since starfish do regrow their limbs and also it's too fast to utilize Analytic well.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old November 13th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
Even though Hydreigon can already wreck opposing teams in OU with ease, I'd like a Speed revamp, to something like 122 Base Speed and an Attack devamp, to about 80. A Physically Sweeping Hydreigon is rare anyway, so there really isn't any need for that Attack being so high. It doesn't need more bulk, but would be better with more.

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:22 PM
CourageHound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjagon View Post
Even though Hydreigon can already wreck opposing teams in OU with ease, I'd like a Speed revamp, to something like 122 Base Speed and an Attack devamp, to about 80. A Physically Sweeping Hydreigon is rare anyway, so there really isn't any need for that Attack being so high. It doesn't need more bulk, but would be better with more.
Lol I saw that sentence "...to something like 122 base speed..." and I was instantly like, holy crap!! XD. I cant imagine how many hydreigons i'd run across on the battlefield after that.
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Yeaaah. I wouldn't agree with Hydreigon because it's already up there. If anything Pokemon in the lower tiers competitively, especially in NU, could use a revamp. I agree with Flareon getting Flare Blitz or just .. nintendo creating some more Physical fire types for the poor Eevee to use. That or switch it to Special Attack but we already have several Special Attack eeveelutions.

I can also go behind giving Starmie Regenerator since it's a star fish and analytic doesn't help it much. I guess.
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:40 AM
CourageHound

Me personally I would give mightyena's entire movepool and stats a revamp cause usung it effectively can be verysituational and not to mentio he has like nnnoo movepool, its rediculous.
Old November 14th, 2012, 06:11 AM
sunshinesan
Pokesho fan

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjagon View Post
Hydriegon is one of the most well designed and balanced pokemon in the game. It is also a pseudo-legendary, so if you want the absurd 122 speed, something's gotta give. There's really no reason to buff Hydriegon.
An extreme example would be, I would like it if Mewtwo got a speed buff, something like 146 speed, and its attack is a little low, 110 is nice, but 130 would be better.
Don't fix what isn't broken... to break it.

EDIT: You did mention a attack nerf. But as you mentioned, it isn't a physical attacker, so the nerf wouldn't have any actual consequences, thereby giving it virtually a free buff.

Currently playing as of 10/26/2012: POKEMON WHITE 2
FC: 3826 6533 5813
Crazy Shenanigans - Click Me
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:34 PM
PiemanFiddy
Spreader of the T-Virus

Hmmm..

I wish Alakazam had more physical defense.

I wish Chansey had more Physical Attack/Defense.

I wish Legendaries weren't so hard to catch.

I wish shinies weren't so ridiculously rare.

I wish Buizel wasn't such a trashy water-type (for singleplayer)

....that's about all I can think of really.
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
I had a feeling most people wouldn't agree, lol. But it is my favourite pokemon so why not lol. Something i'd like to see is like a stat increase in Altaria, it is good support in NU, but better stats could get it into UU, maybe even OU.

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Keyaki

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
Quote:
To start, I would like if Emboar had better defences to better suit his good hp. Say 80 Def and 75 SpDef? Also amp up his speed to 75 and his attack by 5 and lower his special attack by 5.

Lastly I would like to grant Emboar the mighty Close Combat.
YES!!! GOSH YES THIS!!!

I love Emboar but his defenses and speed suck. Plus I hate the idea that he's pretty much a rushing boar with all brawn and barely nothing to back it up.

Also, give Unfezant boost in Sp.Def and Spd. Its Speed is a little above average but it can be a little better. Also, give it Brave Bird. Seriously, it needs another strong STAB besides Return.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 16th, 2012, 04:07 PM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
SCYTHER NEEDS MORE SPEED HUEHUEHUE
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old November 29th, 2012, 01:18 PM
CourageHound

Hmm...who agrees that shuckles needs an evolution and a viable recovery move? Best eviolite user?
Old November 29th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
The only one I can think of is Slaking without Truant. But that'd be pretty ridiculous.

Old November 29th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Hikamaru
out of this world
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Milkshake View Post
The only one I can think of is Slaking without Truant. But that'd be pretty ridiculous.
Truant is there to stop Slaking being too overpowered, same goes with Archeops having Defeatist or Regigigas having Slow Start.

Also, I think Beheeyem needs more Speed to help with those below-average defenses.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old November 29th, 2012, 05:33 PM
PokeRaidenFighter350Z
Battle Subway Editor

Nature: Careful
I would give Feraligatr a stat revamp, I know he has a good base Attack stat but it could at least go up to 110 and his's speed should be at least 4 points higher. As for his hidden ability, I would like for him to have Intimidate because why sacrifice added effects for power when he can lower his enemy's Attack as he enters battle. That'll also help because he also has a good base Defense.

All forum members BEWARE..!
Credits to Xulek
Old November 30th, 2012, 04:34 PM
CourageHound

I'd give Typhlosion more speed and special atack capping speed at 110 and spatk at 119. I'd raise and lower his hp and defenses ever so slighty so that hp to 75, def to 80 spdef, 80 and lower attack to 70.

New Abillity: Flare Up- Each time this pokemon this pokemon initiates an attack move its sp attack raises one stage(that is before Typhlosion executes the attack)
If you guys think thats too O/P then it just raises SpAtk moves by 1.5% at the cost of 1 stage of def and SpDef

Possible Set:

Typhlosion @ LifeOrb
Trait: Flare Up
~Focus Blast
~Flame Charge
~HeatWave/Flamethrower
~Hidden Power Grass/Rock
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:07 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Rattata having generally better stats. It's so darn cute and I like the moveset...even if it isn't perfect. Yeah, they only get STAB for normal moves but they're fun for shredding wild Pokemon. Perhaps not actual battles with other trainers (or friends), though. My highest level Pokemon on HG (which I reset) is a Rattata along with my Totodile. n_n
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old December 1st, 2012, 10:50 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Revamped Pokemon Part 1: Movepools for Types in General

Grass types in general: Rock Slide, Natural Gift, Nature Power, Earth Power
Electric types in general: Grass Knot
Ice types in general: A freeze equivalent to Scald, if we get one
Psychic types in general: A new Fire move associated with pyrokenisis
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:21 PM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Give Flareon more Physical moves especially STAB moves.
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links