The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 28th, 2012, 07:22 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuJake View Post
Odd problem here. So I caught a Ditto on Pokemon Black a week or so ago, and used it to breed with my Serperior to make a Snivy. Everything worked, and then I did it again, so I could have 2 snivy's. I put the 2 Snivy's in my PC box. Saved etc afterwards. Left my ditto in Daycare and put my Serpierior back in my team. Saved afterwards at that. Then I didn't play my game at all during those few days, then yesterday, me and my friend battled on Pokemon black next to each other. His DS battery died during the battle so I just turned my game off without saving. Now, today, I go on and I can't find Ditto, Snivy or the other Snivy. Not in the daycare or the PC box. What's going on and do I have to get another ditto again ... what just happened?
That is weird, but if you can't find them then my guess would be you would need to do it all again!!
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old November 9th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Thunderpunch
Pokemon Master

Nature: Adamant
How can I get a Gen III only move on my Gen V pokemon (e.g. Mega Kick on a Raichu) if Gen III games' internal batteries have run dry by now? My ruby's already has so I presume most gen III games have run dry by now. So how am I supposed to get those gen III only moves?

Old November 9th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderpunch View Post
How can I get a Gen III only move on my Gen V pokemon (e.g. Mega Kick on a Raichu) if Gen III games' internal batteries have run dry by now? My ruby's already has so I presume most gen III games have run dry by now. So how am I supposed to get those gen III only moves?
The internal batteries only affect things like berry growing and the Shoal Cave's tides and not moves learned, so you can still transfer any Pokemon that have learned the move in the Gen 3 game.

You will need to transfer that Pokemon to Gen 4, and then Gen 5.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old November 9th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Also, it's not proper to say all copies have internal batteries that have run dry. You simply cannot know if this were true.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old November 10th, 2012, 02:11 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderpunch View Post

Firstly, Mega Kick cannot be taught in R/S. It can be taught in FR/LG, where there is no in-game clock and in Emerald. It can also be taught in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness if I can remember correctly.
Old November 11th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Pikapia
The One Who Will Destroy Everything

Nature: Jolly
I feel kinda silly for asking this, but what are EVS and IVS? I keep seeing them every where on this forum, and I wanna know!
Old November 11th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikapia View Post
I feel kinda silly for asking this, but what are EVS and IVS? I keep seeing them every where on this forum, and I wanna know!
Here's your answer:

IV stands for Individual Value, and they are randomly generated things that affect your Pokemon's stats.

EV stands for Effort Value, which is points contributed towards a stat when you knock out a Pokemon or use a certain item.

Old November 13th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Ok, today I bred a level 1 male Kabigon (Snorlax) with a Metamon (Ditto) (leveled in the 50s) because I want a female Kabigon to breed with the Full Incense so I can get a Gonbe. So I made the egg, and kept saving after traveling so far so that if it hatched and it was male I could reset and not have to travel far again to try again. I got to wear I was maybe 10 steps from it hatching, and tried multiple times, and every time it hatched it was a male. Finally I started to wonder, so I checked its nature. Every time its nature was the same, too (Jolly).

So I am confused; I thought the gender and nature weren't decided until the moment it hatched, and yet it's looking like this instance has somehow been predetermined. What gives?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:46 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
Ok, today I bred a level 1 male Kabigon (Snorlax) with a Metamon (Ditto) (leveled in the 50s) because I want a female Kabigon to breed with the Full Incense so I can get a Gonbe. So I made the egg, and kept saving after traveling so far so that if it hatched and it was male I could reset and not have to travel far again to try again. I got to wear I was maybe 10 steps from it hatching, and tried multiple times, and every time it hatched it was a male. Finally I started to wonder, so I checked its nature. Every time its nature was the same, too (Jolly).

So I am confused; I thought the gender and nature weren't decided until the moment it hatched, and yet it's looking like this instance has somehow been predetermined. What gives?
That's because the egg's nature, gender, ability and IVs are set upon receiving the egg. This is why it's a better idea to save before taking the egg.

Old November 15th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Geminisign
Unhatched Egg

Hi there! i have a question to ask about how many EV points I am getting per knockout.

I have two pokemon in my party:

High level Vaporeon with Pokerus. Equipped with Macho brace.
Low level Dratini with Pokerus. Equipped with EXP share.

I am battling many Basculin (+2 speed EV) and using only Vaporeon to fight. How many speed EV points will my Dratini get?
I know Vaporeon presumably will get 8, but will the macho brace's effect be carried on to my dratini?

Thanks (:
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:23 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminisign View Post
Hi there! i have a question to ask about how many EV points I am getting per knockout.

I have two pokemon in my party:

High level Vaporeon with Pokerus. Equipped with Macho brace.
Low level Dratini with Pokerus. Equipped with EXP share.

I am battling many Basculin (+2 speed EV) and using only Vaporeon to fight. How many speed EV points will my Dratini get?
I know Vaporeon presumably will get 8, but will the macho brace's effect be carried on to my dratini?

Thanks (:
Whoever is holding the Macho Brace will get the doubled EVs (Vaporeon in your case; you're right on how many EVs it got). Dratini will only get 4 EVs, since it's not the one holding the Macho Brace.

Old November 15th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Geminisign
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Whoever is holding the Macho Brace will get the doubled EVs (Vaporeon in your case; you're right on how many EVs it got). Dratini will only get 4 EVs, since it's not the one holding the Macho Brace.
Thank you, perfect answer.

I am also trying to get a shiny Eevee, only hatched a few hundred eggs so far with Matsuada method. Can I still try get a shiny Eevee if I save the game about 5 steps before hatching, and keep on soft resetting? Or is it already determined to be shiny or not the moment you receive the egg?
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminisign View Post
I am also trying to get a shiny Eevee, only hatched a few hundred eggs so far with Matsuada method. Can I still try get a shiny Eevee if I save the game about 5 steps before hatching, and keep on soft resetting? Or is it already determined to be shiny or not the moment you receive the egg?
(inb4 PlatinumDude)

The nature, ability, gender and IVs are all set upon receiving the egg, this also includes shininess.

As PlatinumDude said in an earlier post, it's best to save before receiving the egg.

Old November 15th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Geminisign
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
(inb4 PlatinumDude)

The nature, ability, gender and IVs are all set upon receiving the egg, this also includes shininess.

As PlatinumDude said in an earlier post, it's best to save before receiving the egg.
Thanks man, I'll just keep cycling....
Old November 21st, 2012, 02:52 PM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Hey just wondering.

In Opelucid City, there's a guy who has a time machine and needed a Pokemon from the opposite game who knows Charge to power it. Anyone can help me here?

I have White, what are Pokemon exclusive to Black that know Charge?

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old November 21st, 2012, 03:10 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
Hey just wondering.

In Opelucid City, there's a guy who has a time machine and needed a Pokemon from the opposite game who knows Charge to power it. Anyone can help me here?

I have White, what are Pokemon exclusive to Black that know Charge?
The Pokémon doesn't need to be exclusive to Black. You can, for example use a Blitzle from Pokémon Black that knows Charge.
Old November 21st, 2012, 05:46 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
I'm having trouble with the GTS trading.

Firstly, why aren't all existing Pokemon requestable? I wanted to request a Hitokage (Charmander) but the option wasn't there.

Secondly, I am having troubling finding anyone in GTS Negotiation Trading. Last night I went here after my first idea (normal GTS trading) fell through for the about reason. It worked like a charm and I made several trades and found various people like clockwork. Then all of a sudden I couldn't find anyone, and when I tried again tonight I had the same problem. I waited minutes on end with an apparently strong Wi-Fi connection while the game sat on the "searching for others who want to trade" screen. It keeps cycling through people but never gives me anyone. Why is everything so apparently desolate suddenly when before it was going so well? I even tried searching for people with no specific criteria so I'd have a better chance of finding someone. Still nothing.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old November 21st, 2012, 06:22 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
If you haven't seen one, you can't request it. idk much about GTS, but I know enough to tell you that you're better off going to our Trade Corner here and asking someone for a Charmander in the Quick Trade Thread. GTS is absolute crap because all people ever request are underlevel Reshiram and Zekrom or weird things like that. So since you have Wi-Fi for your DS, you're better off finding someone in Trade Corner.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 01:27 PM
TheTimidHoodlum
Too Scared To Post Anything

Hi, I wanted to ask a question: I'm trying to train some of my Pokémon to reach around the 50's - 60's levels, and I have a Larvitar that a friend of mine traded with me (I gave him a Boldore, which evolved into a Gigalith soon after). He's level 13 right now, and what I wanted to ask: Should I grind thoughout each area (Until I get a certain level, where I will switch to another area), or do the exact same, but with Audinos only?

Oh God This is scary
Old November 22nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Audino is your best bet. Honestly the most efficient way is to find the highest level Audino that your highest level Pokemon can take on, and then either give the lower level Pokemon an exp. share or give it a lucky egg and switch it out on the first turn. Plenty of exp that way.
PM
Old November 22nd, 2012, 02:59 PM
PiemanFiddy
Spreader of the T-Virus

I don't know what all this 'hype' about Audino's is. I would like a clearer explanation on this.

In my personal opinion, as long as you've beaten the Elite Four, you can attach an EXP Share to your Larvitar and level it off of the REALLY high-levelled pokemon for some experience if need be. I find it to be easier that way since the shared EXP is like 2,000-3,500 in some areas (which equals to around.. 6 levels at level 13? IDK)

Anyway, good luck with it :D
Old November 22nd, 2012, 03:15 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Each Pokemon in existence has a base amount of experience they will give you, which is modified by things such as wild vs. tame, the level of your Pokemon, and its own level. For example, killing a Ditto would net you the base experience of 61, and a Patrat's base experience is 51. An Audino's base experience is 390. That's massively high; only Chansey has higher, and Chansey is difficult to find in the wild (impossible in the fifth generation). You get WAY more experience fighting Audino than any other Pokemon. And considering any place where high-level Pokemon are, Audino are, if you choose to battle normal wild Pokemon you're crippling yourself because Audino grinding is exponentially faster.
PM
Old November 22nd, 2012, 03:39 PM
PiemanFiddy
Spreader of the T-Virus

So you're telling me that the EXP I get for killing Audino is significantly higher than other wild Pokemon?

I always used to think it was based off of the Weight and Level of the Pokemon instead of JUST the level. =/

Anyway, thanks for the advice. Wow, that does seem like a good idea XD.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 06:29 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

It's not based off weight at all, just clarifying. Only level and species, from what I know.
Old November 24th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Raichupacabra
Villain

If you already used your beast on Zoroark and Celebi on Zorua, would the beast and Celebi still work on another file. I'm assuming no, but I want to be completely sure.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here