The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.


View Poll Results: You think N is Zoroark
Yes 20 25.64%
No 41 52.56%
Dont Know 17 21.79%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old October 29th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
N had a Zoroark in the last battle, not a Zorua. You get to find all of his Pokemon except the ones he used in the final battle. No one says whether he released them or kept them, but he owned a Zoroark in B/W.

Only time a Zorua was shown was in his Flashback which was believed to be the Zoroark from his team, but it can't be since it was such a low level when given to you in B2W2. The Zoroark belonged guarding the castle belonged to N and was waiting for his Master's return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
In fact, they cared about him more than the others, I wouldn't go as far as saying they were freaked out...
He was talking about N's real parents, not Concordia and Athena. The two told us that N had two HUMAN parents that were freaked out by his powers. Which was why he was abandoned and abused. N sought refuge in the Pokemon from a nearby forest and grew to hate humans for the hatred of his powers.
Reply With Quote
  #27    
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Ragonkai's Avatar
Ragonkai
Dragon Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: England, Isle of Wight
Age: 23
Gender: Male
I think it could make for an interesting twist but I don't expect there to be a Black and White 3, so his story would have to carry onto the next gen.

Even then though you could say Zoroark is copying N the human.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28    
Old October 30th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Pinta77's Avatar
Pinta77
Scatterbug Breeder
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Jose
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Very very interesting point. I don't pay much attention to the story line, I just press A a bunch when people are talking.

I think it's possible that the "N" could be Zoarark. If he is, then I'd be impressed with nintendo. That would be a neat plot twist.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29    
Old November 2nd, 2012, 05:59 PM
272
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowing Mewtwo View Post
I'd have to go with no, but I'm kinda on the fence. You see, previous evidence has suggested that Zorua/Zoroark can't talk. I found it a little freaky that the guy turned into a Zoroark, but I'm very stubborn, and the event Zorua never talked, nor did the event Zoroark in the original BW games. And we mustn't neglect the flat-out disproof of this theory at the hands of those two girls with funny hair, saying N was ditched by his family because they were freaked out by him. Sorry if I'm digging in my heels, but that's my opinion. If you don't like it, can't help you. =\ If you're that desperate for attention, go start a mob. (Forgive my cynicism,all you sensitive hearts out there)
no cause zorua can talk. cause in pokemon zorark and the masters of illusions
movie zorua uses telepythy
__________________
yes im a spriter now! :D and my proof is right here

made bye me...
Reply With Quote
  #30    
Old November 7th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Blaze the Cat's Avatar
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
I have nothing to add, except that I think that the backpacker in Lostlorn might not have been a Zoroark, but the transformation might have been an illusion created by a nearby Zoroark. I know it's a long shot, but still, think about it.
Reply With Quote
  #31    
Old November 8th, 2012, 11:59 AM
mysticflower's Avatar
mysticflower
Parasol Lady Madeleine
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
I wonder if we are reading too much into this. It didn't take much plot space and it is unlike Pokemon/Nintendo not to tie up loose ends. Just my thoughts.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32    
Old November 15th, 2012, 08:02 PM
ChaosZX's Avatar
ChaosZX
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostPheonix View Post
Well, I don't think so. It seems likely, but at the same time,
Spoiler:
Ghetsis was N's father, right? Or did I understand the story wrong? With father I mean he brought him up. If he did, he would doubtlessly have known that he was a pokemon. I'm sure Zoroark wouldn't have been able to keep up an illusion for years like that.
Ghetsis does keep accusing N of not being human. Maybe.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33    
Old November 15th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosZX View Post
Ghetsis does keep accusing N of not being human. Maybe.
Because of his ability. His parents abandoned him because they saw him as a "monster". The people of his hometown didn't like him for what he could do so he secluded himself and befriended Pokemon because they accepted him.

Concordia and Athena referenced that they also had similar backgrounds.
Reply With Quote
  #34    
Old November 15th, 2012, 08:39 PM
ChaosZX's Avatar
ChaosZX
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Are you talking about this line?
Quote:
"N was an orphan. I heard that right after he was born, he upset people with behavior that suggested he could talk to Pokémon. When he was living in the woods with Darmanitan and Zorua, Ghetsis took him in. We are also orphans Ghetsis took in. Our task was to take care of N."
That is vague, especially when they weren't there.

And in the same game you can talk to N in N's castle and he says something like
Quote:
This is the place where Anthea and Concordia took care of me as a human.
"as a human?" That's a weird translation error if it is one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35    
Old November 18th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Correspondence
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
There are evidence that tells us he might be a Zoroark but at the same time there are things that shows us he is human so i really can't be sure.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36    
Old November 18th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
N's history said he was born in a small town. His Parents and everyone in the town did not like him and viewed him as a monster because he could speak to Pokemon. This led his parents to abandoning him in the wild where he was later found by Ghetsis who used N's power for his own personal gain.

There was no error in translation. N has never been treated as a human. Everyone around him saw him as a monster. His parents were both human based on the information given by his history. They were humans living in the village that abandoned him and scorned him for his ability to speak with Pokemon. Anthea and Concordia are the only people to see N as a human and not some strange extraterrestrial who can speak with Pokemon. They weren't freaked out by it.

Its the same story that was used for the Children of Viridian Forest in the Manga. Giovanni and Lance both went through hard times and were seen as monsters because of their powers. Giovanni eventually gave up and lost his powers while Lance (who in the manga actually had a lot in common with N as Lance wanted to destroy the known world so Pokemon could live peacefully).

N's history says that he is human but was never treated as such because of his powers. People with Birth defects in our world are treated the same. People that don't fit in with society or have odd occurrences happening to them aren't ever viewed as humans either. You can even push as far as X-men "special power haters" where is you had any ability that wasn't within normal human parameters you weren't human in any way, shape, or form according to society.
Reply With Quote
  #37    
Old December 16th, 2012, 05:04 PM
OrangeNess's Avatar
OrangeNess
Layton Lover
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere...
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosZX View Post
Are you talking about this line?
That is vague, especially when they weren't there.

And in the same game you can talk to N in N's castle and he says something like
"as a human?" That's a weird translation error if it is one.
There's only one way to resolve this. Play the Japanese version and then get to that part, take a picture of the screen, and have someone read it.
__________________
Perhaps so, but we've seen it happen with our very own eyes. The answer is out there, Luke - we just need to find it. -Professor Layton
Reply With Quote
  #38    
Old December 17th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Lateon's Avatar
Lateon
The Eon Follower
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York... Small town, not the city.
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Lateon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lateon Send a message via Yahoo to Lateon
I don't think so. This was already stated, but it isn't like Nintendo to leave something like that out. I mean it is possible, but I really don't see it happening.
__________________



Forum Activity
Wifi Activity


Currently Working On




Reply With Quote
  #39    
Old December 22nd, 2012, 02:34 AM
ChaosZX's Avatar
ChaosZX
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
N's history said he was born in a small town. His Parents and everyone in the town did not like him and viewed him as a monster because he could speak to Pokemon. This led his parents to abandoning him in the wild where he was later found by Ghetsis who used N's power for his own personal gain.

There was no error in translation. N has never been treated as a human. Everyone around him saw him as a monster. His parents were both human based on the information given by his history. They were humans living in the village that abandoned him and scorned him for his ability to speak with Pokemon. Anthea and Concordia are the only people to see N as a human and not some strange extraterrestrial who can speak with Pokemon. They weren't freaked out by it.

Its the same story that was used for the Children of Viridian Forest in the Manga. Giovanni and Lance both went through hard times and were seen as monsters because of their powers. Giovanni eventually gave up and lost his powers while Lance (who in the manga actually had a lot in common with N as Lance wanted to destroy the known world so Pokemon could live peacefully).

N's history says that he is human but was never treated as such because of his powers. People with Birth defects in our world are treated the same. People that don't fit in with society or have odd occurrences happening to them aren't ever viewed as humans either. You can even push as far as X-men "special power haters" where is you had any ability that wasn't within normal human parameters you weren't human in any way, shape, or form according to society.
Like I said, the dialogue were this is stated isn't very detailed. And his parents aren't mentioned neither is anything about a village. Unless I'm missing something and it was stated elsewhere.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40    
Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:44 AM
CycloneGU's Avatar
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
What freaks me out slightly is the Memory Link flashback with the Zoroark visiting the house in Driftveil in B2/W2. That Zoroark proceeds to show you N's flashback. Clearly this could be looking back at the Zoroark's memories specifically, but it also contributes to the "N = Zoroark" theory.

Cyclone
__________________


Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Reply With Quote
  #41    
Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:03 PM
AdrianD's Avatar
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Two days to vote on this poll. Im surprised this thread was revived, it didnt reach the month old stage from last post. Vote people vote
__________________
X- 2406 5987 8799
PS3 - Mkeborn87
Reply With Quote
  #42    
Old December 23rd, 2012, 08:10 AM
The_Consumer's Avatar
The_Consumer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ireland or Leicester
Gender: Male
It's interesting to think that N could be a Pokemon. I really don't know, I hope so!
Reply With Quote
  #43    
Old December 23rd, 2012, 09:38 AM
Starfire Dragon's Avatar
Starfire Dragon
Togepi
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: MO USA
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Ok i have read all the posts so far & you all forgot something

Pokemon Conquest

In the Land of Ransei warriors can communicate with pokemon. If N's ancestors came from Ramnsei & eventually fell away from the old ways forgetting them then the story would fall into place. The parents not knowing of the warriors ability would be freak-out when N was born with them Does this answer a lot or am i just wrong?
__________________
A dragon stomps on to the forum! Letters are falling everywhere! Oh No! He's going to torch everything! RUN!!! (Puff!!!)(?) Guess his show was hotter than his fire! Yes i know im a dork Get over it :D
Reply With Quote
  #44    
Old December 23rd, 2012, 09:46 AM
CycloneGU's Avatar
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire Dragon View Post
Ok i have read all the posts so far & you all forgot something

Pokemon Conquest

In the Land of Ransei warriors can communicate with pokemon. If N's ancestors came from Ramnsei & eventually fell away from the old ways forgetting them then the story would fall into place. The parents not knowing of the warriors ability would be freak-out when N was born with them Does this answer a lot or am i just wrong?
You might be onto something.

What was the region again? :D

Cyclone
__________________


Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Reply With Quote
  #45    
Old December 23rd, 2012, 10:08 AM
Starfire Dragon's Avatar
Starfire Dragon
Togepi
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: MO USA
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Its called Ransei

For those who have not played the game Pokemon Conquest. The Land of Ransei is divided into 17 kingdoms, warriors are the only ones who can communicate & use pokemon by linking with them. You are a new warlord that is trying conquer all the kingdoms & bring peace to Ransei.
The warrior's ability & N's ability are very similarly. Which is why i think N's ancestors came from Ransei
__________________
A dragon stomps on to the forum! Letters are falling everywhere! Oh No! He's going to torch everything! RUN!!! (Puff!!!)(?) Guess his show was hotter than his fire! Yes i know im a dork Get over it :D
Reply With Quote
  #46    
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:02 AM
DowntownDumpling's Avatar
DowntownDumpling
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cincinnati
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
The most convincing piece of evidence I've seen is the one about Zoroark entering N's castle and then never being found. My mind isn't made up, though, especially after hearing "N's Zoroark," but then again, that could be a character who just doesn't know. It could be that no one really knows but N himself. Zoroark could easily pull off the illusion of being a human for a long time, but actually growing up as one with relatively accurate timing would be difficult, especially if he didn't have anyone to imitate (because there is no "other" N). However, I don't think the developers thought this far ahead, so I'm going to hastily vote "yes."
__________________
"Spend a little time each day tricking out your obituary."
-Me
Reply With Quote
  #47    
Old December 27th, 2012, 12:04 PM
CycloneGU's Avatar
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by emberjed View Post
The most convincing piece of evidence I've seen is the one about Zoroark entering N's castle and then never being found.
I'm going to debunk this one now by pointing out N's final battle in B/W. There's a Zoroark in his party. Since this party is not available at part of "N's Pokémon" in B2/W2, I am now convinced that this Zoroark appearing in B2/W2 around N's appearances is in fact his Zoroark.

What is interesting is that none of his seasonal battles (B2/W2, don't click them if you don't want spoilers) uses it.

Cyclone
__________________


Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Reply With Quote
  #48    
Old December 29th, 2012, 08:46 AM
☆aqua☆'s Avatar
☆aqua☆
Ace Trainer!! :p
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Under your bed
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostPheonix View Post
Spoiler:
Ghetsis was N's father, right? Or did I understand the story wrong? With father I mean he brought him up. If he did, he would doubtlessly have known that he was a pokemon. I'm sure Zoroark wouldn't have been able to keep up an illusion for years like that.
Those two girls who were in n's castle (now in driftveil city) say n was an orphan. Squirtle thinks that would have been funny though

No. Cuz if u bring the zoura u can get in driftveil city to victory road when u meet n (when u go the first time) he says something about it.
__________________
I'm not a rapper
Reply With Quote
  #49    
Old December 29th, 2012, 07:49 PM
AdrianD's Avatar
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I'm going to debunk this one now by pointing out N's final battle in B/W. There's a Zoroark in his party. Since this party is not available at part of "N's Pokémon" in B2/W2, I am now convinced that this Zoroark appearing in B2/W2 around N's appearances is in fact his Zoroark.

What is interesting is that none of his seasonal battles (B2/W2, don't click them if you don't want spoilers) uses it.

Cyclone
If Zoroarks are master illusionists whats not to say that a pokemon wouldnt be able to train another pokemon. If you remember correctly there was a hiker in I think Lostthorn Forrest turned into a Zoroark and scurried away.
__________________
X- 2406 5987 8799
PS3 - Mkeborn87
Reply With Quote
  #50    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:56 PM
Ultimate PKMN Trainer Red
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 12
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
N would have shown itself if he was a Zoroark. But his hair really looks like A Zoroark's one...+ maybe that's why he wanted us to release pokemon in B/W. Because he was a Zoroark, and had an trainer who...well you know. So the REAL answer is...

We don't know. I mean, It's not even shown in the main story, not even in the after game, so the right answer is we don't know. IF they continue N's story in other games, then MAYBE he could be a Zoroark, like you say, if they do not continue N's story in other games, then no. He isn't. And I think the Zoroark who leads who to N's castle isn't yours, is N's...proof:
What if you didn't train the Zorua you receive from the old plasma admin? The Zoroark that leads youto the castle will be a Zorua? I don't think so.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.