Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Events & Groups
Notices

Events & Groups Want to join or set up a tournament? You're in the right place! Here you can find competitions and events as well as clans and other groups.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. Posts in this forum do not add to your total post count. Four-word rule and character-limit do not apply here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:45 PM
wolf

Advertise here
I'm sure there a few other Pokémon that are related to fall too like Sawsbuck (fall version) and Carnivine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Also everyone should use the creepy old lady avatar but that'd be optional.
lol! Everyone should change their usernames to something Halloween-themed or creepy on the next CD (that abbreviation sounds weird now fff).
Old October 18th, 2012, 08:00 AM
wolf

Annnd we need to decide on the date soon. Does Saturday, October 27th (for EST?) sound good?

Another idea: we could have an exclusive emblem for this Community Day that's Halloween themed (i.e. Gengar on it instead of Emboar).
Old October 18th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Forever
let it go

It sounds quite wonderful Wolf !! Wait except it's not actually Halloween. ;(

But ya, Gengar > Emboar sounds great too. n_n
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old October 18th, 2012, 08:13 AM
wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
It sounds quite wonderful Wolf !! Wait except it's not actually Halloween. ;(
Because a lot of people would be busy on Halloween. 8( The weekend before Halloween should be good enough.

Quote:
But ya, Gengar > Emboar sounds great too. n_n
Well, that was just an example. There's probably something that fits it more.
Old October 18th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Forever
let it go

Actually ya, people barely play OU here let's choose a NU mon instead!!

tbh it's a matter of finding images really, but if a NU Pokemon then I vote Misdreavus or Haunter.
Old October 18th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Pixelrush
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
27th October sounds like a pretty good date. Close enough to Halloween anyway. :)

On the subject of emblem, I'll definitely vote for Banette. It's a scary Pokémon AND a NU one...not a very good one, but still! ^^
Old October 18th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Fire Flyy
metaphysical poet

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolflare View Post
I'm sure there a few other Pokémon that are related to fall too like Sawsbuck (fall version) and Carnivine.

lol! Everyone should change their usernames to something Halloween-themed or creepy on the next CD (that abbreviation sounds weird now fff).
wait which creepy old lady?

?

maybe lets do a trick or treat battles thing

banette is also a really cool pokemon, should probably have an evolution though
Old October 20th, 2012, 06:34 PM
wolf

Okay so, the first post has been stylized to a more appropriate Halloween theme. The tournament themes have been updated, along with a schedule that accompanies them. All tournaments will be "Best of Three" this time around just so you all know (instead of flip-flopping like last time). Planning has now ended, and now we just wait until CommDay is here! Also, a Halloween-themed emblem will be added soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Flyy View Post
wait which creepy old lady?

Quote:
maybe lets do a trick or treat battles thing
Didn't Smogon do this? What is it anyway?

Last edited by wolf; October 20th, 2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old October 20th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Fire Flyy
metaphysical poet

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolflare View Post
Okay so, the first post has been stylized to a more appropriate Halloween theme. The tournament themes have been updated, along with a schedule that accompanies them. All tournaments will be "Best of Three" this time around just so you all know (instead of flip-flopping like last time). Planning has now ended, and now we just wait until CommDay is here! Also, a Halloween-themed emblem will be added soon.

Didn't Smogon do this? What is it anyway?
Reminds me of the hikers

The trick or treat thing was just me being stupid to get 25char, but uh I guess you could do something where like users can be 'houses' and you get 'candy' if you win, not really sure lol
Old October 21st, 2012, 09:07 AM
wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Flyy View Post
The trick or treat thing was just me being stupid to get 25char, but uh I guess you could do something where like users can be 'houses' and you get 'candy' if you win, not really sure lol
Oh, I thought I saw something similar on Smogon. I'm probably thinking of that Darkrai moveset named "Trick or Treat" lol.
Old October 21st, 2012, 07:19 PM
littlebrother

Nature: Serious
I may not be able to make it for the 27th, haha, since it's technically gonna be a good chance at actually going to a Halloween party without having to worry about work in the morning. But if there are gonna be any people hanging around on the 28th or 26th I'll be happy to chill with them. :D
-littlebrother

Everyone knows that the internet is managed by millions of tiny gnomes and
goblins working in sweatshops in Africa and Eastern Europe. Do you really
want to encourage that by staying on here all day?

Why not stay up all night to get lucky instead?
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:41 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
this all sounds fun but could we have a tournament with the real games too? i'm not much of a fan of the battle server and my computer is REALLY slow lately

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old October 25th, 2012, 02:57 PM
wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebrother View Post
I may not be able to make it for the 27th, haha, since it's technically gonna be a good chance at actually going to a Halloween party without having to worry about work in the morning. But if there are gonna be any people hanging around on the 28th or 26th I'll be happy to chill with them. :D
Sorry, but moving it to Sunday would make it inconvenient for everyone planning to stay until midnight or so (weekday comes after). ;( Community Day will (probably) always be on Saturday in the future, unless it's winter or summer break. But yeah, activity usually lasts for another day after CD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterman View Post
this all sounds fun but could we have a tournament with the real games too? i'm not much of a fan of the battle server and my computer is REALLY slow lately
There isn't much of a demand for it (I've only been asked once before this). However, I might set up a poll for whether or not we should introduce Wi-Fi tournaments on the next Community Day once this CD is over.
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:53 AM
wolf

I'm going to end Community Day 7 early. We simply don't have enough people online to continue this. Hopefully the next CD will be more successful than this one. Also, I think we should hold off on starting another CD for a month or two (Thanksgiving or Christmas theme perhaps).

pc battle server • skype: awolffromspace • avatar source
Old November 4th, 2012, 07:17 AM
wolf

I'm just bumping this to let everyone that CommDay 8 planning has started. There is a poll for deciding the date, so please vote if you're interested!

Old November 14th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Thunder_Chad

November 22nd at about 5 PM eastern time is a good time for me
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
I voted for the 22, but I'm fine with either
Old November 15th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Nature: Timid
Either is hmmmmm... fine, I guess. Yay, community day!
Old November 15th, 2012, 03:41 AM
shnen

Not sure I can make either, but 22 december is far more likely for me
Old November 16th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Zeffy
mischief managed

I'm up for two commdays really but woohoo did raise an interesting point. What if there weren't enough people for either? Personally, I have no problems in attending since I have no obligations on both days but the possibility of not enough people showing up still stands (I think this is also the problem with past commnights, hopefully it wouldn't happen). Hopefully we can push this through!
Old November 16th, 2012, 04:43 AM
shnen

don't see the downside to two commdays aside from more work for wolf and it being his idea suggests to me that he is up for that.
Old November 16th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Zeffy
mischief managed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnen2 View Post
don't see the downside to two commdays aside from more work for wolf and it being his idea suggests to me that he is up for that.
I thought of the same thing as well, actually even asking people "who would say no to two comm days?!" I think woohoo voted no because he thought, basing from the past comm days, that comm day = promotion day due to auths being given out after the last comm days. Not quite sure though so don't quote me on that one. I just want to push this through. :3
Old November 16th, 2012, 08:26 AM
wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_Chad View Post
November 22nd at about 5 PM eastern time is a good time for me
That's on Thanksgiving; most people are busy that day, and I certainly will be. That doesn't give us much time to prepare anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy View Post
I'm up for two commdays really but woohoo did raise an interesting point. What if there weren't enough people for either? Personally, I have no problems in attending since I have no obligations on both days but the possibility of not enough people showing up still stands (I think this is also the problem with past commnights, hopefully it wouldn't happen). Hopefully we can push this through!
True, but Nica and I figured that the previous Community Day was unsuccessful because of the lack of advertisement and notice. And if the NYE CommDay doesn't work out, it's no big deal. It really depends on you guys if you all are interested enough in participating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnen2 View Post
Indeed I am, but I might need extra help for hosting it. I can't guarantee that I won't be busy on either days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy View Post
I thought of the same thing as well, actually even asking people "who would say no to two comm days?!" I think woohoo voted no because he thought, basing from the past comm days, that comm day = promotion day due to auths being given out after the last comm days. Not quite sure though so don't quote me on that one. I just want to push this through. :3
Well, some may get sick of CommDay if there's too many of them haha. Speaking of promotions, I could hold off on them until the NYE CommDay for the purpose of giving it an activity boost.
Old November 16th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Forever
let it go

I can help if you need it, given I can use the ~all powerful~ declare command!
Old November 16th, 2012, 10:22 AM
wolf

Annnd I take that back, I'm afraid I'm not sure whether or not I'll be busy on New Year's Eve. I don't want to back out on this much later on when we have already planned everything. As a result, I'm going to stick with only one CommDay on Dec 22nd. Besides, many others will be busy on NYE anyway, but this doesn't mean that those who will be here can't celebrate New Years Day. And hey, if there are enough people online, there can still be tournaments. Anyway, moving promotions to the NYE CommDay would be silly, since they're more appropriate for the Christmas-themed CommDay (presents!).

Also, let's hope that Dec 21 won't be the end of the world, haha!

Last edited by wolf; November 16th, 2012 at 11:15 AM.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here