The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Drawing Contest Theme!
Legendary Water Types 10 30.30%
Starters 17 51.52%
Best Of [insert region] 11 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 8th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzikk View Post
Rawr, welcome Synerjee (can I call you amanada :D?)

I didn't know Kingdra was that good :O

I recently got a horsea from dream world, so maybe I'll try to evolve it and try it out :3

What makes Kingdra good? o-o
Thanks for the welcome, krazzikk. :D And yes, you may call me that. Oh, and it's not 'amanada' - lose the 'a' there LOL. xD

Kingdra being a strong pokemon, that's just what I'm perceiving. Judging from its stats, it sure is very all-rounded. All-rounded pokemon are awesome. And it's part-dragon type! So that leaves it with only ONE weakness - the dragon-type itself. And I think its moveset is not bad as well. :D

You should give it a try - it might be very worth it! Get back to me when it's a full-grown Kingdra!

Oh, and can I enter the drawing contest? :3 I can't draw well - I'm not an artist. But I would love to give it a try. :3

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old November 8th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Krazzikk

Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
Thanks for the welcome, krazzikk. :D And yes, you may call me that. Oh, and it's not 'amanada' - lose the 'a' there LOL. xD

Kingdra being a strong pokemon, that's just what I'm perceiving. Judging from its stats, it sure is very all-rounded. All-rounded pokemon are awesome. And it's part-dragon type! So that leaves it with only ONE weakness - the dragon-type itself. And I think its moveset is not bad as well. :D

You should give it a try - it might be very worth it! Get back to me when it's a full-grown Kingdra!

Oh, and can I enter the drawing contest? :3 I can't draw well - I'm not an artist. But I would love to give it a try. :3
Of course you can join the drawing contest! :D
I'm not sure anyone will even participate besides you

I'll try it then~! It seems to have a decent moveset, and it has decent stats, but I never really know how good a pokemon is until I actually use it.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Krazzikk; November 8th, 2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old November 8th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Autumn Reverie

Quote:
Of course you can join the drawing contest! :D
I'm not sure anyone will even participate besides you

I'll try it then~! It seems to have a decent moveset, and it has decent stats, but I never really know how good a pokemon is until I actually use it.
Haha I'm sure other people will join. They even voted for it. If they voted, they would join, no? :P

Yeah, same goes to me. I would use Kingdra if only I could evolve Seadra. Without trading, Seadra is not worth it. :<

Old November 9th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

With wi-fi that's a possibility though, as I'm pretty sure there's something dedicated to trade evolutions in Trade Corner, but if not, it should be pretty easy to find someone willing to do a trade evolution with you :p

I've heard from quite a lot of people that Kingdra was pretty good, but never got to use it, because that was after I got out of Pokemon, and at the time I didn't know how to evolve it any further, and was quite generally not very interested in the Horsea line at all. But then again, I mostly went for either the Pokemon I knew were good, or the ones whose designs I liked, which might explain why I always had such trouble beating the E4's in like every game lol.

I guess we can start a new topic?

Which Water type Pokemon do you like the least? Why?
Old November 9th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
I have to say Magikarp, it's so silly-looking and way too many Fishermen use it, and there's also this running gag with a Fisherman with 6 Magikarps in every game that I get so bored of.

Trust me, I hated a lot about Magikarp, especially its cry and I always had trouble when training them.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old November 9th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Autumn Reverie

I don't like Huntail. It looks ugly. It might be strong or whatever, but if it looks ugly, I don't like it. Period. :/

Oh and just to answer you Olli, I can't trade as I don't have WiFi for my emulator. I play the games using my emulator now that I'm overseas and not at home. :(

Old November 9th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Falling Wishes
"We're in space. SPAAAAAACE."

Nature: Modest

First is Tentacool, if you don't have a repel in the water every flipping second one of those appear and if you can't run, "Tentacool uses Poison Sting." "Pokemon became POISONED!!!!" Argh blarg!

Last edited by Falling Wishes; November 9th, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:43 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
[Back from the grave of partial inactivity]

Well answering the topic...

I dont think there was a water type pokemon I actually disliked till 5th gen(only one). Theres some I feel indifferent to but none I disliked. That was until I saw Simipour. Idk, its design seems kinda uncreative in a way...I may be biased tho due to how they aesthetically genderlocked it to female. Yea...both Simipour and simisear. Simisage(my monkey) looks awesome tho :3 with its rockstar pose.

Previous Topic...

I've been itching to use/start training my event keldeo. I didnt want to use him in my b2 team cuz hes a legendary and his EVs would get messed up if I did. Thus I'll start EV training him soon to be the ferocious swordsman he was made to be.
Old November 10th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Krazzikk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling Wishes View Post

First is Tentacool, if you don't have a repel in the water every flipping second one of those appear and if you can't run, "Tentacool uses Poison Sting." "Pokemon became POISONED!!!!" Argh blarg!
Well doesn't Poison Sting only have a 30% chance of poisoning? o3o
But I can see how that would be annoying seeing as they're everywhere

But I don't think I dislike any of the Water type Pokemon, besides maybe Kingler who is op in Random Battles with his silly crab hammer

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 10th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Ralaia
~Smooth as Ice~

Nature: Calm

Golduck, no doubt about it. It looks weird, it's probably not good in battle and it's just plain ugly. D:

Old November 10th, 2012, 08:11 PM
CourageHound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralaia View Post

Golduck, no doubt about it. It looks weird, it's probably not good in battle and it's just plain ugly. D:
Ugly is a subjective term. And I actually like Golduck D:. Anywho Golduck is outclassed but a good specs attacker(for its tier)
Old November 11th, 2012, 03:15 AM
AwesomeAsCrawdaunt
Shizariger on EGC

Entry Form:

Name: AwesomeAsCrawdaunt
2 Partners: Drake the Seadra and Awesome the Crawdaunt (with ADAPTABILITY)
Why do you want to swim with us?: Always been a big Crawdaunt fan, but developed into Water in general. One thing I really love about it is the fact that its HMs aren't completely useless in battle. Surf and Waterfall come to mind.
Least favourite water type?: Being a competitive player (but not a good one), I can say nothing else other than Politoed. Wash Rotom comes a close second.

Solstice is back. So why should you care? Because if you join it and set "Shizariger" as your Referrer, you will get my eternal love.
Old November 11th, 2012, 09:19 AM
B99B12
Unhatched Egg

Name: B99B12 (Just call me "B" )
2 Partner Pokemon: Blastoise, And Milotic
Why do you want to swim with us?: I REALLY like water type pokemon! While some are not the greatest looking, (Feebas) majority are beautiful.
Answer Current topic (What is your least favourite water type?): I'd have to say, hands down Simipour. Not only is it (in my opinion) Bad looking but it's awkward to have a male (Much like lopunny).
Old November 12th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Olli

At the top of my head, I can't really thikn of any Water types I generally dislike. I mean, there are several that I wouldn't use on my team, and several that I think are downright ugly, but there aren't really any of them I dislike. However, the one I like the least would probably be Huntail, just because of its rather repulsive design. I mean, I know it was intentional, being as Gorebyss was made as beautiful as possible, and Gorebyss as ugly as possible, but I just think it surpasses nearly every Pokemon in that category, closely followed by that fifth generation eel Pokemon. There isn't any other reason why it's down there, but that's just because I can't think of any Water type Pokemon I like less than that one for any reason. None of them have been particularly annoying Pokemon to battle like Magnemite and such, and I've almost always had something to counter them with.
Old November 12th, 2012, 06:23 AM
TheAC29
A new adventure begins now

Nature: Modest
Well, it's hard to think of which water-type pokemon we like the least, but to me I'll say Magikarp. The design was okay, but its first attack "Splash" was not really an effective attack just think that Magikarp is taking baby steps and evolved into a strong Gyarados :D

Old November 12th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Krazzikk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralaia View Post

I second this, in fact when I saw CourageHound quote this I thought it was my post ;p

I mean, just look at it!

Old November 13th, 2012, 04:38 PM
CourageHound

Yeessss! In my Pokemon diamond run i was so blinded by Golduck's awesomeness(it was on my team), he was like my fav water type for the entire story and post-story line.
Old November 16th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Mononoke Hime
viva emptiness

Nature: Sassy
Name: Mononoke Hime

2 Partner Pokemon: Vaporeon and Suicune

Why do you want to swim with us? Because, as I've already said in some thread, the majority of my favorite pokemons is water-type.
I'm a borderline between the elements of water and air.
Water makes me calm, and is the element of change. Without change, the Universe would collapse.
Also, I love to imagine how could be to surf in a pokemon like Gyarados, Lapras or Suicune. These are diferent surf "styles", and in my head they're amazing. I also do this with fly, but that's not the case here.
By the way, blue is my favorite color. ♥

Which Water type Pokemon do you like the least? Why? Hmm, let's see... I really hate both Marill and Azumarill. The design freaks me out. They're Easter eggs.
Old November 16th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Olli

Welcome to the club Mononoke Hime! Hope to see you around here in the club, and hope you'll have fun :D

Seems like the topic has survived long enough, so why don't we try with a new one?

Are there any current Water type Pokemon you'd see likely to gain a new stage in their line in the future generations? If not, are there any you'd like to get one? New stage counts for both pre-evolutions and evolutions.
Old November 17th, 2012, 07:52 PM
97alpha97
Unhatched Egg

Name: 97alpha97
2 Partner Pokemon: Suicune (Poseidon) and Feraligatr (croc)
Why do you want to swim with us?: who doesn't love water Pokemon (all that needs to be said)
Answer Current topic: What is your favorite Water Type Pokemon and why? Blastoise because of how easy it was to beat Gary in red, it was like taking candy from a baby
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Krazzikk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97alpha97 View Post
Name: 97alpha97
2 Partner Pokemon: Suicune (Poseidon) and Feraligatr (croc)
Why do you want to swim with us?: who doesn't love water Pokemon (all that needs to be said)
Answer Current topic: What is your favorite Water Type Pokemon and why? Blastoise because of how easy it was to beat Gary in red, it was like taking candy from a baby
Welcome to the club Alpha! :D

Is there any other reason you like Blastoise? Do you like his movepool, or design? I personally thought his Rockets where awesome, so I instantly loved him as a kid. <3

Old November 18th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Autumn Reverie

Are there any current Water type Pokemon you'd see likely to gain a new stage in their line in the future generations? If not, are there any you'd like to get one? New stage counts for both pre-evolutions and evolutions.

I would like Qwilfish/Luvdisk to have an evolution in future generations. If it had an evolution, it would definitely be a choice for my water-type needs in my team. With an evolution, it would have higher stats and would be so much more useful. I also only prefer to train Pokemon that can evolve, so Qwilfish/Luvdisk is out of my choice list as for now.

Old November 18th, 2012, 01:45 PM
CourageHound

I'd like to see an evolution in both Golduck and Biberall. Golduck, cuz i dunno what he would look like but it would certainly be cool and an even better choice for a good water type. Biberall cuz, i dun care what anybody says, I think biberall is pretty cool and needs another saving grace, due to his new ability, moody got him a short period of supremacy before he was banned beyond ubers.
Old November 21st, 2012, 06:30 AM
Krazzikk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
Biberall cuz, i dun care what anybody says, I think biberall is pretty cool and needs another saving grace, due to his new ability, moody got him a short period of supremacy before he was banned beyond ubers.
Lol I had no idea moody was banned beyond ubers so I was lead to believe you meant Bibarel was in ubers

lol...

But I concur with that statement. Bibarel is pretty cool in my opinion. He has a really cute persona and design and another evolution would make him completely viable! In NU tier battling Musharna's are pesky little pokes with their stupid calm mind spam /baton pass. With Bibarel's Unaware ability, he can cut through all that BS. He may not be that effective against Musharna himself as the only viable move he has against Musharna is Hidden Power Dark :\

But, in conclusion I think a new evolution in the Bibarel line would be ultra exciting for me, being a sort of newbie competitive battler, and Bibarel would finally be a nice choice in a team.

Long live !!!

Old November 21st, 2012, 01:40 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Lol I had no idea moody was banned beyond ubers so I was lead to believe you meant Bibarel was in ubers :P

lol...

But I concur with that statement. Bibarel is pretty cool in my opinion. He has a really cute persona and design and another evolution would make him completely viable! In NU tier battling Musharna's are pesky little pokes with their stupid calm mind spam /baton pass. With Bibarel's Unaware ability, he can cut through all that BS. He may not be that effective against Musharna himself as the only viable move he has against Musharna is Hidden Power Dark :\

But, in conclusion I think a new evolution in the Bibarel line would be ultra exciting for me, being a sort of newbie competitive battler, and Bibarel would finally be a nice choice in a team.

Long live !!!
While I'm not a huge competitive battler, I still think that Bibarel is nothing better than an HM slave. Maybe a new evo would make him like the equivilant of an Azumarill, but probably nothing more. Unless they went all out and made him have stats equivilant to Arceus or something.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here