The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 13th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Abyssolwind
Writer. Furry. Psychopath. ^_^

Nature: Quirky
Okay… since the plot bunny thread is “dead”, I’m under the impression someone will tell me off since it’s been a month, so I’ll put it here and hope I don’t get hammered for it.

I’m mulling over several plots for what I should work on. All of them different – although all of them rather dark. They span from mystery dungeon to conquest to completely original, but I like to think they’re all original, and the kind of thing that hadn’t been done yet. I’m just so unsure which one I should do…

Doom and Desire.
The Protagonist named “Ark” is a ranger. Not a Pokémon ranger – he’s an unofficial caregiver for Pokémon who live in a wildlife preserve – which he lives next to . Two weeks before the story, he nearly died – but was brought to life with a machine. Problem is – Ark is a technophobe, and fears his spirit has died, even though his body was brought back. While exploring a forest (not in the preserve), he finds a trainer attacking an Absol. Seeing as Absols cause disasters, the trainer is socially justified in his actions. But before the Absol is killed, Ark asks to capture it first. That way he can return the body when its dead, and carry it home so he can skin it and make a cloak. The trainer agrees and sells Ark (who carries no pokéballs, being afraid of them) a pokéball, which he captures the Pokémon with. The other trainer then kills the Absol. Ark brings the Absol to the Pokémon centre, and revives it.
While the Absol is somewhat grateful, she is also stubborn. Seeing she isn’t fully healed, Ark keeps her in his house overnight so she can heal – whether she likes it or not. During the night however, the Absol inadvertently casts a curse on him – using doom desire (I know that’s inaccurate, but it’s fiction). Ark has two weeks to live – then he will die. So he and a reluctant Absol set off on a journey to find the wish-granter Jirachi – the only one who can save him.

Way of the warrior.
Every pokéball in the world is connected to the grid. A giant network which is connected to every ball in the world via satellite uplink. This keeps track of every capture and prevents any pokéball tampering as well as allowing lost trainers to be located via GPS by pinging their pokéball. A brilliant system. Simple. Effective. Genius. Totally safe. If all goes to hell and Pokémon somehow become compromised and lose control – there’s even a failsafe. Total Recall. But it’s all safe… Until Team Plasma gains acess to that grid
What happens when they initiate failsafe Total Recall – returning every Pokémon in the world to their pokéballs and locking them in there? What happens when only Team Plasma can unlock their pokéballs? When only they have any Pokémon power? Someone has to fight back – and those someones are the Pokémon rangers. But their capture stylers can’t control Pokémon as effectively as a trainer with a pokéball. Fortunately for them – there is another way. Long before the time of pokéballs, the secret rested… In Ransei. The way of the warrior. The ability to link with Pokémon. It’s the only way to stop Team Plasma, and Celebi’s going to show the rangers how to learn this ability.
Rangers travel back through time to learn to link with Pokémon, while all the while their friends form a resistance against team plasma – trying to combat their movements with wild Pokémon being controlled. The rangers (and former-team-plasma-leader N, whom has defected) in the past must learn to link with Pokémon, gather a team (or a small army), find Dialga and then return to their own time to fight back team Plasma.

Sixty-four-squares.
Three years ago, the war between Johto and Kanto came to an end. But not before sixteen Johto soldiers entered celebi’s sacred temple – which also happened to contain sixteen Johto soldiers in hiding. Celebi saw this opportunity as a way to settle his conflict with his rival – mew, and called him. Together, they captured and erased the memories of all the humans in the temple. The humans were reverted to young ages (thirteen or so) by celebi, and given extraordinary powers by mew.
Three years later, three orphan children are brought together by fate, and by their mysterious necklaces – each adorned with an onyx chess piece. They soon find themselves caught in their own private war with the white team from Johto – and are forced to wage the final conflict between mew and celebi. They can run, they can hide, or they can die.

Lowbrid.
Emile is part-Pokémon, part-human. Life as a scientific experiment is never easy – especially when all the bad guys seem to want to get their hands on you. So what do you do? You fight… seems easy, right? Wrong… because wherever there’s a hybrid human with awesome Pokémon power, there’s someone like Emile. A hybrid Pokémon with miserable HUMAN powers… oh joy…
This is because the “pokémorphs/hybrid” story is all too cliché. So to mess with the cliché, I turned it upside down. Emile is a Riolu who lacks any Pokémon power, growing up as an experiment and leashed to a mad scientist by his drug-dependency. He just wants to train and live – his scientist creator seems too concerned with his DNA, and Team Rocket, for god-knows-what reason – want him too.
He’s been told he’s genetically unstable – so when he evolves, anything could happen. He could possibly gain Pokémon power. But what he doesn’t expect… it to evolve into a FEMALE Lucario…

Pit dog.
Grail is a human pit-dog. A warrior who fights for the amusement of Pokémon. Kidnapped at 14, his beloved Lucario was taken from him and held hostage by psychotic wild Pokémon. If he wants to keep her alive – he must fight. He must fight and win. Because if he loses a fight – his mate loses her life.
Grail has survived for an entire year. The longest anyone has ever survived in the pit… ever. He is allowed to return home after every fight – bloody and bruised and unable to tell his parents the truth – but he is monitored. His master’s step-daughter, an Absol named Aash, and her master’s servant Hypno monitor him – alerting him when it’s time to fight, and making sure he doesn’t tell anyone about his secret life.
The pit is more dangerous than it used to be. Grail is becoming stronger with each fight, but lately, his opponents have begun to… change. Freakishly distorted humans, itching and writhing in pain, but wielding mighty and unexpected strength. They have been mutated.
Soon Grail’s master fears his opponents have become unacceptably strong. When he learns the source of his opponents’ strength, he implements the same procedure on Grail – transforming him into a part-Pokémon chimera.
Grail’s part of an underground human-fighting league, fighting other captured humans in order to save himself, and his Lucario – who is used as a bargaining chip to keep him fighting. When he finally escapes them, he soon learns that his is not the only “pit” in the league. He also learns that the league will stop at nothing to kill him.

Contras Umbra.
Pokemon mystery dungeon story. After an exchange student dies mysteriously in his sleep, a class of schoolmates inherit mysterious orbs in accordance with his will. Nek minnit - they find themselves trapped in a world of mystery dungeon as pokemon, and are forced to fight their way to the centre of the realm against evil shadow pokemon. Next day they wake up as humans again, confused and unsure about what happened. But the next time they sleep - they're back in there...
Pokemon mystery dungeon with a twist. The protagonists keep their memories upon entering the pokemon world, but they also return to their own world, jumping from one to the other, and having to defend BOTH from evil pokemon.

Any suggestions, comments or anything of the like? I'd like to hear opinions - which would you rather see? Wha could be some pros and cons of above stories?
Old October 14th, 2012, 03:19 AM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
Quote:
Okay… since the plot bunny thread is “dead”, I’m under the impression someone will tell me off since it’s been a month, so I’ll put it here and hope I don’t get hammered for it.
Actually, it's fine to post in that thread even if the last post is a while ago when you want to share your ideas. No worries though, I'll just merge your thread with it.

Taking a quick glance at the first two for the moment... firstly, kills, or faints? If the former how does the reviving thing actually work then, to bring things back from the dead?
Quote:
During the night however, the Absol inadvertently casts a curse on him – using doom desire (I know that’s inaccurate, but it’s fiction).
Not so, actually. You'd want to keep things accurate, as a reader who knows the basics about Pokemon when reading that would surely have a double take at an Absol suddenly using Doom Desire like that. It's like a Chikorita using Water Gun suddenly in a battle; it doesn't make sense.

Of course, it doesn't mean it can't happen, but if you don't have a buyable explanation for it then it's going to hurt the believability of the story. (There's more about that in the first post). Alternatively I'd suggest thinking up some other event if you want the guy to be cursed and then search for Jirachi with an Absol (which is a neat premise in itself, imo).

Way of the warrior sounds interesting, certainly; mixing rangers with conquest certainly is different (and as far as I know there is little in the way of conquest fic out there compared to the rest too). One thing that came to mind though; if Celebi can take them to the past, why not just take them to just before team plasma appear so they can stop them?
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Abyssolwind

Firstly - kills. Yes. My pokeball theory is that when a pokemon in a pokeball is taken to a pokemon centre, it can be re-healed to a previous stage - much like a computer's backup - even if it's dead. The dying and reviving creates a connection between them - they're alike in that regard.

Doom desire - i do have a reason for that. Asbol's pokedex entry states that it causes (or predicts in some cases) disasters. My fictional theory is that an absol enters a cursed state while asleep, and casts doom desire upon an individual - or a town - which is nearby.

Celebi... okay, i'll have to think around that. That's a good point...
Thanks for the help, btw.
Old October 15th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Honestly, I really like Way of the Warrior. I'm a little into scifi dystopians so there's probably some bias in there, though.

Sixty-Four-Squares is interesting as well, it never occured to me that there could be a war between the regions... That actually gives me quite a few ideas, personally :p As far as the story though, you definitely have a lot of options with just that general plot.

For Lowbrid, you can branch off this significantly with the new Pokemon ReBURST series, I don't know the details but it's on Bulbapedia if you want to use it for any reference or just for ideas.
Old October 15th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Abyssolwind

There's not much on ReBURST - but i get the general idea. Sixty-four squares is rather alike it, plotwise. The idea for 64 squares though, is that each human with a chess piece has two pokemon moves they can use. When they get together with another human who has a chess piece, the first of them can transform into pokemon form, while the second maintains the first's form. The pokemon is dependant on the two's moves.

So the main three have:

1: Razor wind, psychic.
2: Psycho cut, detect
3: Teleport, agility

1 and 2 can come together and make absol
1 and 3 can come together to make gardevoir
2 and 3 can come together to make gallade.

Two pokemon can be active at once - as long as one remains to maintain the other two's transformations.

Thanks for replying. I'm still thinking them over - possibly i will combine a couple of them into one...
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

Nature: Calm
Ok, I've been toying with this plot idea for a while now, but so far, I've been completely unsure as to how I can go about organizing it and turning it into a basic Chapter-based fan fiction. I've attempted to put together a decent plot for several fan fictions in the past, but I could never properly set the bits of information, character-histories, and interesting ideas into a proper plot that I could go about writing. I feel I've come the furthest with this one when it comes to setting up basic character histories and the world the events take place in, but I still have -VERY- little and I was hoping that someone more experienced when it comes to writing fan-fictions could tell me what they think about the basic premise for my Fan-fiction and hopefully assist me in getting it off the ground.

Anyways, Here it goes:

Spoiler:
The story takes place just before the events of pokemon emerald, fairly close to the start of Brandon/May's journey. Team Aqua and Team Magma are still fairly un-heard of in the region, yet they've been in existence and plotting their rise for several years.

It centralizes around a pokemon Scientist/Professor by the name of Haruza and his aide, Ethan. I've yet to establish what town in Hoenn that their story begins in, but when I do, this is how it'll go.

Haruza is a well-established pokemon Professor living in the town of [input Hoenn Town here]. He had been conduction studies in the town for at least a decade and to the inhabitants, he was a fairly mysterious character, leaving his lab on very few occasions, and even then, for short periods of time. One day, much to people's surprise, he reached out to the town in search of a budding young training to become his aide and assist him in his various projects. This is where Ethan comes into play.

Ethan had lived in the town all of his life, and though he had been given his partner, Poochyena, two years back, his mother had been struck with a very rare condition and he had been forced to stay home to take care of her. When he learned of the Professor's search, he saw it as his chance to interact with and meet new pokemon-- The next best thing to actually traversing the region.

After meeting the Professor and taking the job, he was instantly put to work on simple jobs such as running errands, cleaning up after the pokemon, and cataloging the Professor's findings. Though he showed up for every day for a while, the Professor never really opened up to him and he remained a secretive and mysterious character for Ethan until one day, while the professor was out in the field, a couple of Magma grunts raided the lab in search of his findings.

With difficulty, Ethan and his Poochyena managed to defeat the grunts in a pokemon battle. When pushed into a corner, however, the two men pulled out a pair of bright blue gems from the inside of their uniforms. From those gems, brand new pokemon were created, seemingly out of nothing....A pair of Slugmas were the created pokemon, yet for some strange reason, the pokemon were made up of water as opposed to the usual magma. Ethan and his already weakened Poochyena were overwhelmed until the Professor returned from his studies, and using his trusty Blaziken, he managed to fight off the attackers who left the pokemon behind. Within minutes, the new pokemon began to destabilize and die.

At this moment, while standing over the bodies of the dead pokemon, the Professor finally revealed a bit of his past to Ethan. A decade earlier, before he'd arrived in town, the Professor had been a scientist and an archaeologist working with several of the founding members of Team Magma, long before the idea of the idea of the team had even been conceived. They'd had a great interest in the Legendary Pokemon, Groudon, and using several ancient texts, they located a cavern deep below the Earth where they believed the pokemon to rest deep below the surface of the Earth. Instead of the pokemon, however they discovered a large cache of never-before seen crystals of assorted colors, each color representing a specific type of pokemon. After some experimentation, they realized that the gems could be used to CREATE pokemon, an act that they had originally thought to have been solely within the domain of Arceus. Each gem could create a pokemon of a specific type, but they weren't limited to pokemon that were already users of that element. Each gem could be embued with the image of any pokemon in existence and create a duplicate of it made up of the element that the gem represented. These type-spliced pokemon were incredibly powerful, though unstable. Pokemon created through this method died as quickly as three minutes, the oldest of them living to be an hour in age.

Finding this practice to be cruel, Haruza sealed off the cavern with several of the more-informed scientists still inside and destroyed most if not all of the remaining gems, leaving with all of their research and equipment. Only a few managed to escape and go on to create Team Magma.

Somehow, the Team Magma of their day had either discovered a new batch of Gems, or found a way to mass-produce them.

Ethan left his mother in the care of some of the townsfolk and then set off with the Professor in order to learn how they were obtaining the demonic artifacts, and how to stop them.

As you can see, I've only plotted out the ughtmost beginning of the Fan-fiction, and there are plenty of holes in what I do have. The characters I have pulled together are fairly vaguely developed and I haven't fully worked out their personalities. I was hoping that a more experienced writer could assist me in solidifying what I do have and turning the concept into a full-fledged story. I think Team Magma's reasoning should revolve around Groudon, though I'm unsure as to how that'll fit in, and I still haven't worked out the origin of the gems, though I'm thinking of tying those in to Arceus.
Old October 16th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

One small comment I could make is that you might want to change the name of your main trainer. "Ethan" is the name of the male trainer from HG/SS, and some readers might automatically insert him in the story instead of your own original trainer.

To help with the starting location, think about what Haruza would do after leaving Magma. If he's still interested in archaeology, he might be near the desert where the fossils are located. Maybe even in Rustboro with the guy that's trying to revive fossils. Or he might be near the volcano if he wants to keep his eye on Magma and thinks/knows that they could always strike the volcano area for Groudon (which they do in the games). Or he might be in a bigger town so he could hide better in case Magma is looking for him.

As for the personalities, the way that works for me is to just write the story. Or just write random scenes. That way, you'll get some idea of how the characters will react to certain situations, and work from there. Or if you wanted to, you can find character creation questions online that ask details about the characters you want to make up, and supposedly that helps you learn more about them.

Magma could use the gems to create a mass amount of Pokemon that could help them fight and get Groudon. Or just to fight back against anyone who tries to stop them by using surprising Pokemon. I'm not clear on how the gems decide what Pokemon to create. Like why Slugma made of water? Are the gems controllable (can the person choose in any way what the Pokemon species would be?) and will Haruza study the bodies to find out more about the gems? He left Magma in a hurry after the gems were discovered, so like maybe he could study them a bit to find out a weakness or even just how they work.

And I don't know what's the point of Ethan's mother being deathly ill. If he leaves her anyhow, why didn't he do that before? And does her illness mean anything to the plot overall? Or was it just a way to keep Ethan in town long enough for him to be chosen by the professor and then picked for the plot of the story.

That's just some questions you can try to figure out to get more details on the plot. It's just what I noticed that could help you fill in details and maybe get started.
Old October 16th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
One small comment I could make is that you might want to change the name of your main trainer. "Ethan" is the name of the male trainer from HG/SS, and some readers might automatically insert him in the story instead of your own original trainer.

To help with the starting location, think about what Haruza would do after leaving Magma. If he's still interested in archaeology, he might be near the desert where the fossils are located. Maybe even in Rustboro with the guy that's trying to revive fossils. Or he might be near the volcano if he wants to keep his eye on Magma and thinks/knows that they could always strike the volcano area for Groudon (which they do in the games). Or he might be in a bigger town so he could hide better in case Magma is looking for him.

As for the personalities, the way that works for me is to just write the story. Or just write random scenes. That way, you'll get some idea of how the characters will react to certain situations, and work from there. Or if you wanted to, you can find character creation questions online that ask details about the characters you want to make up, and supposedly that helps you learn more about them.

Magma could use the gems to create a mass amount of Pokemon that could help them fight and get Groudon. Or just to fight back against anyone who tries to stop them by using surprising Pokemon. I'm not clear on how the gems decide what Pokemon to create. Like why Slugma made of water? Are the gems controllable (can the person choose in any way what the Pokemon species would be?) and will Haruza study the bodies to find out more about the gems? He left Magma in a hurry after the gems were discovered, so like maybe he could study them a bit to find out a weakness or even just how they work.

And I don't know what's the point of Ethan's mother being deathly ill. If he leaves her anyhow, why didn't he do that before? And does her illness mean anything to the plot overall? Or was it just a way to keep Ethan in town long enough for him to be chosen by the professor and then picked for the plot of the story.

That's just some questions you can try to figure out to get more details on the plot. It's just what I noticed that could help you fill in details and maybe get started.
Dang, I really need to make an effort to learn the names of the trainers from the games.....I wouldn't have caught that one on my own.

As for the gems, I've put a great deal of thought into them. Each gem starts off as a blank slate with an empty soul within, the element its attributed to being the only defining characteristic of the gem. The gem can have both the mental and DNA imprints of any one pokemon implanted into it and from that, the soul stored within the gem takes the form of that pokemon. Then, whenever activated, the gem gives birth to that pokemon and infuses it with the element of the gem.

Why water-Slugma? That took some careful consideration as well, but I've decided that because the original stash of gems were destroyed, they can't be too choosy on the elements of the pokemon they use. Since both the DNA and mental imprint of an existing pokemon is required, and these men are only grunts, they were tossed the water-type Slugma as scraps leftover from their testing of the Gems; simply a back-up in the case that their regular pokemon fail.

Another thing about the gems that I'm adding in to justify not making an army of one pokemon from a single gem is that every time a gem is used, the soul of the gem is implanted to the pokemon. That soul then returns to the gem as its new body destabilizes.

As for his mother, that's exactly the case.....But I didn't see the logical fallacy there until you pointed it out. I guess I could say that his love for her kept him from leaving her alone in her physical condition. When he realized the gravity of the situation, he went home and explained everything to her....And she convinces him to go? I guess both her permission and the tug of the urgency of the mission would be enough to push him to go.

When it comes to studying the bodies, there wouldn't be a need. The professor made the initial discovery and did a substantial amount of research before shutting the operation down. There'd be no point in studying the pokemon because at the very least one of the two knows how they work. The real mystery is how Magma's getting ahold of the Gems after the initial quarry was destroyed.

I've also given their reasoning some thought, so tell me what you think of it.....

Spoiler:
What if the gems gave a bit more freedom than simply creating a new pokemon and changing its type? What if the gems could contain multiple pieces of DNA to build up the pokemon's body? More than one mental imprint would drive the thing insane and render it useless, but mixing together a series of DNA strings within the gem and creating the perfect body for the spirit could create a force to reckon with. Perhaps the research the professor took from them contained the details needed to mix pokemon or switch around mental imprints in such a way, so that gives them them motivation to attack him. Their goal could be to gather DNA from the legendary pokemon Groudon and mix it with the DNA of a legendary pokemon that's much more prone to leaving traces, such as mew(Mewtwo was made up of a trace of mew), or Ho-Oh?(I could have sworn there was an item in game that was Ho-Oh's feathers or something similar.). Heck, even finding Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Groudon and mixing their DNA into one body, then giving it an intelligent mental imprint could create the ultimate being. Their original goal before they discovered the gems was to find and control Groudon, so it'd only make sense for them to include him into their plans. In the future, once their plan fails(Because it will have to for the fanfic to fit into the storyline properly), they could simply resort to controlling Groudon with the blue orb, as they had originally planned.
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

OK the gems make more sense now with how they work. It works better. And now Haruza not needing to study the bodies makes sense. So I can't see any holes in that right now.

Your new spoiler gives information to move the plot along. It gives Magma a reason to attack Haruza and a reason for Haruza and the trainer (in case you change his name) to chase down Magam to stop them from creating a stronger Pokemon.

Quote:
such as mew(Mewtwo was made up of a trace of mew), or Ho-Oh?(I could have sworn there was an item in game that was Ho-Oh's feathers or something similar.). Heck, even finding Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Groudon and mixing their DNA into one body,
I know that Ho-Oh and Lugia have their feathers from the games/anime. (The silver feather from Lugia is actually a big item to move my own fics' plot along.) You could maybe make use of the Red, Blue, and Jade Orbs (the summoning items in the games) for Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza for their DNA. The orbs are said to contain an ancient power, and they summon the respective Pokemon (and possibly control them which I think happens in the anime?). Magma (and maybe Aqua) could go after those items.

Spoiler:
But yeah, when Haruza and the trainer stop Magma from using the gems, they could think that their goal was too big for them to handle and go back to just chasing after Groudon. That would leave you open for allowing the events of R/S/E to happen so you'd be okay there.

I think you've got enough to get the beginning written out. Good luck!
Old October 18th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

Quote:
OK the gems make more sense now with how they work. It works better. And now Haruza not needing to study the bodies makes sense. So I can't see any holes in that right now.

Your new spoiler gives information to move the plot along. It gives Magma a reason to attack Haruza and a reason for Haruza and the trainer (in case you change his name) to chase down Magam to stop them from creating a stronger Pokemon.

I know that Ho-Oh and Lugia have their feathers from the games/anime. (The silver feather from Lugia is actually a big item to move my own fics' plot along.) You could maybe make use of the Red, Blue, and Jade Orbs (the summoning items in the games) for Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza for their DNA. The orbs are said to contain an ancient power, and they summon the respective Pokemon (and possibly control them which I think happens in the anime?). Magma (and maybe Aqua) could go after those items.

Spoiler:
But yeah, when Haruza and the trainer stop Magma from using the gems, they could think that their goal was too big for them to handle and go back to just chasing after Groudon. That would leave you open for allowing the events of R/S/E to happen so you'd be okay there.

I think you've got enough to get the beginning written out. Good luck!
Ok, thanks. I'll spend a few days getting that set up....
Old November 6th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Heracles4

I'm in the very early planning stage of a fic...Don't have a plotline yet, just a partial general idea..

There is a person that is not a trainer. Said person for some reason, travels around their region(Preferably a region with a higher amount of forests or rivers) Said person has colleagues in his/her proffession. Said person, while going about their way in the normal going-ons of their profession, stumbles upon an illegal organization. Said organization, though illegal, is intertwined with goverment and popular society. Said person, along with several colleagues, has to find a way to dismantle the organization, without help of of the public or the goverment(Or rest of the goverment, in case said person is a goverment official)

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old November 7th, 2012, 04:24 PM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heracles4 View Post
I'm in the very early planning stage of a fic...Don't have a plotline yet, just a partial general idea..

There is a person that is not a trainer. Said person for some reason, travels around their region(Preferably a region with a higher amount of forests or rivers) Said person has colleagues in his/her proffession. Said person, while going about their way in the normal going-ons of their profession, stumbles upon an illegal organization. Said organization, though illegal, is intertwined with goverment and popular society. Said person, along with several colleagues, has to find a way to dismantle the organization, without help of of the public or the goverment(Or rest of the goverment, in case said person is a goverment official)
There is potential in having a Pokemon fic based on a character who is not a trainer, given it is not often seen in general. I would warn to make sure that the story itself is something that wouldn't work fine if you removed all references of Pokemon in it (ie as an original story); if it's a Pokemon fic it's got to involve stuff that is relevant to Pokemon itself, be it say a set up of how you think the Pokemon world would work (what with government and all), the organisation doing something illegal that relates to Pokemon, etc.

What sort of profession does 'said person' have, do you think?
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old November 7th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Heracles4

Yeah, the illegal actives DO have to do with pokemon.

I'm not sure what said person's proffession would be. It'd have to be something that would make them going all over the region.

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old November 10th, 2012, 06:18 PM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Please don't double post by repeating the same thing you said; sometimes forums move slowly is all and you need patience. If you want more attention to questions you ask the only way to possibly help it is to post about in the community some more (e.g. review fics, answer other people's questions, make a discussion topic, etc, so people may be inclined to help back, so to speak).

Maybe you should consider approaching what the profession should be with what it has to do with the illegal activities/the organisation doing them. What sort of people would such an organisation typically deal with, and then consider from that what roles would involve someone travelling a lot to be in that profession. After all it also has to fit the story as well.
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old November 10th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

Nature: Adamant
I am trying to write a Pokemon fic based off Power Rangers...

I am thinking of either making ten Rangers with the Energy Types from the TCG, or maybe something else. I'm totally open to ideas.

The TCG Rangers and possible first "Zords"

Green Grass Ranger: Leavanny
Red Fire Ranger: Magmortar
Blue Water Ranger: Walrein
Yellow Lightning Ranger: Ampharos
Purple Psychic Ranger: Gengar
Brown Fighting Ranger: Rhyperior
Black Darkness Ranger: Umbreon
Silver Metal Ranger: Klinklang
White Colorless Ranger: Staraptor
Gold Dragon Ranger: Haxorus
-Vladimir Lenin
Old November 10th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Heracles4

Okay, I'm sincerely sorry for that Bobandbill :/

Oooh, I could make a goverment agency related to what the illegal organization is doing...hmm..the region'll be Hoenn...Thanks!

Old November 10th, 2012, 09:47 PM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

That's alright, just keep it in mind for future is all.

@ Digimon Kaiser: My memoris of PR is...fuzzy at best, even if I watched a lot as a kid, heh.

Idk how'd you'd make it work given you havn't given any details on that... but with a PR, I'd think this guy already looks like one in a way:

Not quite sure how some of those other Pokemon would work as a PR... depends how you protray it but I don't really...'see' it yet. Also, why ten; just because that's the number of TCG types? Would that be too many a number of main characters if you intend them to be that, I wonder? (It won't necessarily be if you can handle them, but it's more than what I recall the team being, and would be harder).
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old November 16th, 2012, 07:57 PM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I've got this idea for a fanfic. It takes place in between the times of Black and Black 2. It's from the eyes of an ex-Team Plasma who now has realized his mistakes and changed his ways. He has now dedicated his life to the dangerous path of fighting Plasma. He knows much about the organization, as he worked for it, and he uses his knowledge to help destroy there plans. I haven't seen to many fics from the evil side, especially one like this. What do you guys think about it?
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old November 16th, 2012, 09:21 PM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Worht a shot, certainly; could be interesting seeing it from the perspective from an ex-team member (I suppose ala Pokemon Colosseum with its protagonist actually), and you'd have a lot of things to play around with that way too. Any plans to show/explain why/how he realised his mistakes? I know there's a few members of plasma who felt they were wrong 2 years back in the B2W2 games.
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old November 17th, 2012, 04:04 AM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
He realizes his mistake due to realizing that what Plasma was doing is wrong. And that there true plans where to just steal Pokemon and build an army. He believed they where actually working for the good of the Pokemon like many believed.
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old November 17th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

I was recently inspired by Pokemon Conquest to totally redo my Pokemon and Kingdom hearts Crossover. It will take place only in worlds of Kingdom Hearts, but with Pokemon, and traveling through the Lanes Between. It will be focused on three main characters that are Keyblade wielders, and all friends with each other, that are training with Masters Eraqus, Yensid, and Nomekop. Each hero will come with their own unique story and some worlds are exclusive to a particular one's plot. But Master Xehanort wants to control all worlds, and Pokemon, for himself, and is unleashing the Heartless, and also closing the door to some Pokemon's hearts, to achieve his goals.

Trava is a young woman, with her Knowledge, and a Chikorita, alongside a great sense of justice, she will do anything to protect her friends, Pokemon, and allies. She has green armor, red hair, and blue eyes.

Ogon is an adolescent male, with his Emotion, and a Cyndaquil, alongside a childish attitude, he will persist at his goals until the end. He has red armor, blue hair, and green eyes.

Vody is a great man, with his Willpower, and a Totodile, alongside a poor sense of Light and Darkness, he will do just about anything to prove to others that he is worthy of a Keyblade. He has blue armor, green hair, and red eyes.

All three start out with a Kingdom Key. Trava's is colored like Palkia, Ogon's is colored like Dialga, and Vody's is colored like Giratina.

(Fun fact: The names of our heroes are Russian for the type of Starter they have chosen.)

The worlds are (brace yourselves for a long list of worlds)

1. Land of Departure (all)
2. Twinkling Town [Traverse Town and Twilight Town combined] (all)
3. Enchanted Dominion (Vody only)
4. Dwarf Woodlands (Ogon only)
5. Castle of Dreams (Trava only)
6. Wonderland (Vody only)
7. Beast's Castle/Fabled Countryside (Ogon only)
8. Agrabah (Trava only)
9. Olympus Coliseum/Underworld (all)
10. Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion (all)
11. The Land of Dragons (Vody only)
12. Prankster's Paradise/Monstro (Ogon only)
13. The City of Bells [can't type it in French] (Trava only)
14. Disney Town (Vody only)/Disney Castle (Ogon only)/Timeless River (Trava only)
15. Atlantica (Vody only)
16. Pride Lands (Ogon only)
17. Space Paranoids (Trava only)
18. 100 Acre Wood (all)
19. Neverland (all)
20. Keyblade Graveyard (all)

Prepare for Pokemon Xrossed: Kingdom Hearts! Coming soon to Pokecommunity! VM or PM me with critique and praise!
-Vladimir Lenin
Old November 17th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

It kind of sounds like BBS only with Pokemon and different characters. There's really not much to say beyond that, since there's not much of anything else to critique. I am wondering where the "Pokemon" part is going to be explained. How did worlds based around Disney suddenly wind up with Pokemon everywhere? Does everyone in the world own Pokemon? Or is it only certain people, like how it is with the keyblades?
Old November 17th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

Quote:
It kind of sounds like BBS only with Pokemon and different characters. There's really not much to say beyond that, since there's not much of anything else to critique. I am wondering where the "Pokemon" part is going to be explained. How did worlds based around Disney suddenly wind up with Pokemon everywhere? Does everyone in the world own Pokemon? Or is it only certain people, like how it is with the keyblades?
That will be explained as the plot goes on.
Old November 19th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Kroso
Feels like a failure
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Gentle
I haven't done anything writing in a long time, so I'm completely rusty. I'm trying to think of a plot I'm thinking of implanting this in a Pokemon game, but I might convert it to a original IP.

"It's over, they've won. In a region in which the government isn't a hierarchy, in which opinions are respected. Now, all that is gone. The government has been overthrown and destroyed.
The streets are patrolled by goons at every turn, the folks are afraid to leave their homes. Neighborhoods have been torn down, and residents have evacuated out of the city. I never thought this would happen, yet it has.
Call me cryptic, but this is the start of a war. It has been planned for months, and they did it. The ones that were laughed at for years, they become the emperors of the city. In hopes that their disease doesn't spread through out the once respected nation, I plan to join the revolution."
Old November 23rd, 2012, 11:43 AM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Click on Pokemon Johto Adventures

My story is set like 15 years into the future after the BW events occurred. Unova Pokemon migrated because of various people traveling across the world for boats and how others just fly there.

Ok, so I got this. Well there's this boy name Blake Chambers, a 10 1/2 year old ambitious boy that strives to beat the Pokemon League like any other amateur trainer. He's inspired by me actually, but I will make him age though and have character development for his hot headed characteristics.

He can be kind of hot headed that can let people think of him as a kid however, but he is quite intellectual and skilled in fighting. But he has this father that was like him and left him at the at age 5.

His partner, Quil the Cyndaquil, is like aggressive. He has a bad past of how his parents were lost and how people were meant to abuse him, even trainers that tried to own him or that owned him would hurt him harshly. That made him quite a monster though, especially with his massive power.

Well, I tried making a team named "Team Earth", this evil organization that tries to get some special type of gem(s) so they can control the legendary Pokemon Lugia, Celebi, and Ho-Oh. But like Team Rocket, they get to steal Pokemon and they would test and experiment them for power.

They also want to have world domination. Team Rocket that was disbanded 15 years back, returns back to business to fight Team Earth for that same purpose.

Like I am planning on letting Team Earth make an appearance somewhere around the time Blake gets his 1st or 3rd badge of Act 1, where things slowly gets interesting while he goes his journey and get one of the sacred jewels that both of the evil organizations have by the monks of Sprout Tower.

Anyways, I kind of need help with this. Like for fighting styles for Pokemon, how do I seem to make them interesting? Because like I was planning on Blake's Elekid fight a trainer's Lampent that is strong and fast that knows Will-O-Wisp and Hex.

Sponsored Links