The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

View Poll Results: Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?
Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen. 1 6.25%
Yeah, you should probably go for something else. 6 37.50%
Nah, it's fine. 9 56.25%
WHA- The white version is the best! 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 21st, 2012 (02:51 PM).
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
The great Playstation 3, buddy. ;D
Old August 21st, 2012 (03:32 PM).
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
^Nice choice, here are some notable ones:

The Dynasty Warriors Franchise
Warriors Orochi 3 (<3)
Borderlands
Little Big Planet (2)
Dead Island
The Resistance Franchise
The Killzone Franchise
Lost Planet 2 (get it cheap, if at all)
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Those are off of the top of my head.
Old August 21st, 2012 (04:06 PM).
Spinosaurus

Isn't the Uncharted series playable in co-op, or is it online only?

And I second Little Big Planet 2. Just bought it for my brother today and it'd be a ton of fun to play with someone else I imagine.
Old August 21st, 2012 (04:11 PM).
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
Isn't the Uncharted series playable in co-op, or is it online only?

And I second Little Big Planet 2. Just bought it for my brother today and it'd be a ton of fun to play with someone else I imagine.
You're right, Uncharted 3 has an offline co-op mode (but it's not story mode), but 2 is online only.
Old November 1st, 2012 (11:40 PM).
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Is this the place to ask help with a system? I'm not sure what's up on my Xbox, I never use it. Someone help?

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old November 2nd, 2012 (01:01 AM).
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Sure! You can post in here about that if you wish and I am sure one of us will be able to, at least, give you advice.
Old November 2nd, 2012 (09:19 PM).
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Well my problems's solved but I'll ask anyway for future reference.

I download something for Kinect but ended up not liking it. I tried deleting it though, it my Xbox said "Can't perform action". Everytime I tried deleting it would give me the same message.

What was it and what was happening? How is it solvable?

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old November 16th, 2012 (12:48 AM).
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Well... I have some trouble in deciding which should I do whether buying or downloading Elder Scroll V: Skyrim. What is your opinion about this?
Old November 16th, 2012 (01:45 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
If you are having trouble whether to buy it or download it and you would buy it, then I would advise download it, play it for a bit (but not complete it) and then decide whether it's good enough for purchase.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old November 16th, 2012 (01:57 AM).
Zet
Community Supporter

Just buy it, it's a great game.
Old November 16th, 2012 (02:47 AM).
Zapperz
colour swapper!

purchase it. its an awesome game to have.
gameplay is more than ive expected too.
Old November 16th, 2012 (08:52 AM).
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

I'd personally prefer to buy it. There's something about having a physical copy and a digital copy... if it's gone digitally, I can just use the disc.
Old November 17th, 2012 (05:55 AM).
Aeon
Dayum, son. Where'd you find this?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
When it comes to PC I just find it to be a thousand times easier to just purchase the disc instead of downloading it. It takes an unprecedented amount of time to be able to download a game onto my computer with my pitiful internet connection. I like to download games onto my 3DS though, I just like being able to go to them instantly without having to worry about misplacing my cartridges.

Pair
AlexAhnon
Old November 17th, 2012 (06:02 AM).
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I'm hoping you mean legally downloading not torrenting. But yeah the disc is way better to get.
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old November 17th, 2012 (06:06 AM).
Pvt Tamama
Chii!

Nature: Calm
well i will assume you want it for pc i would download it that might be just being lazy because that's what i did if you are getting it from a torrent then well for a game like skyrim there are a billion cracks so ya have fun with that and dlc is a pain to put on it

make sure your pc can run it before you buy it
Old November 17th, 2012 (06:51 AM).
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Yeah, make sure your PC is up to system requirements or the 60 bucks you just spent is useless. Skyrim is a hard game to run for many PC's
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old November 17th, 2012 (08:39 AM).
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Buy it, the game is really good. It's worth it.
Old November 18th, 2012 (03:15 PM).
gossamer

I've never played any, and I feel I should.
What do you think guys, should I give them a go soon?

thank you x
Old November 18th, 2012 (03:29 PM).
stranger

Hey there gossamer, just merging your thread in here. It's more of a "Quick Question" than a warrant for proper discussion.

surrounded by sweet easing pressure
no room for thoughts, but time for adventure
Old November 18th, 2012 (04:17 PM).
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer View Post
I've never played any, and I feel I should.
What do you think guys, should I give them a go soon? ^^

thank you x
This thread was moved... this was about Metroid, right?

If so, then I'd recommend Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid Prime.

Zero Mission is an enhanced remake for the GBA of the original NES game. Aside from the visual and audio overhaul, the gameplay and control has been enhanced and tightened and it plays more like Super Metroid - which Metroid fans absolutely adore. It's the first entry in the series story-wise, so if you care about that that's a plus too, even if the plots aren't too heavy or connected among all the games. Has some extra areas not in the original NES game too.

Metroid Prime is both the second game in the progression of the overall story and the first entry in the Prime subseries. It is without question a masterpiece and one of the best games from its generation. If you can, play the Wii version because you can aim with the Wiimote.

With those two titles you have very solid repersentations of both the 2D and 3D Metroid games
Old November 19th, 2012 (04:24 PM).
gossamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIFORCE89 View Post
This thread was moved... this was about Metroid, right?

If so, then I'd recommend Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid Prime.

Zero Mission is an enhanced remake for the GBA of the original NES game. Aside from the visual and audio overhaul, the gameplay and control has been enhanced and tightened and it plays more like Super Metroid - which Metroid fans absolutely adore. It's the first entry in the series story-wise, so if you care about that that's a plus too, even if the plots aren't too heavy or connected among all the games. Has some extra areas not in the original NES game too.

Metroid Prime is both the second game in the progression of the overall story and the first entry in the Prime subseries. It is without question a masterpiece and one of the best games from its generation. If you can, play the Wii version because you can aim with the Wiimote.

With those two titles you have very solid repersentations of both the 2D and 3D Metroid games
Awh sweet, thanks million! I'll most likely buy the GBA version as my NES is acting moody lately. And I've been looking for some Wii games to play so that's perfect! Thanks a million! x
Old November 25th, 2012 (10:21 AM).
Pikapia
The One Who Will Destroy Everything

I have a game called Oblivion, and it's a game in a series of games called Elder Scrolls. I have the base game, and I have a disk called Knights of the Nine. It contains all of the dlc you can get. At first, I didn't care about it because I thought it only contained Knights of the Nine... then I loaded it up because I want KOT9, and my jaw dropped when I found out it had all of them. I installed them all, and they worked without a problem (I got all the quests and stuff), and so I had fun with them. I hadn't done the KOT9 part yet, so I decided I was going to make a new character that was going to be a Knight and focus on heroic stuff, like the Knights Of The White Stallion quest. So I made a dude, and I went through the tutorial and got through the sewers. I was really excited to try KOT9, so I rushed to Anvil to find The Prophet (I had done some research before hand), but he wasn't there. I waited about a week in the game, and he still didn't show up. So I went around all the cities and asked various people about rumors, because I read that that's another way to find out about the attack on anvil. But I asked LOADS of people about it, but I still didn't find out. Just stupid stuff about Uriel's murder . I checked the data files on the Oblivion launcher to make sure it was ticked, and it was. I noticed the master file (Oblivion.esm) was unticked, so I ticked it. I tried loading it up again just now, in case it worked this time, but it didn't. So I need help with getting it to work.

If you need anymore information involving this problem, don't hesitate to ask. I've tried reinstalling it twice, but it makes no difference.
Old November 25th, 2012 (10:37 AM).
Nerdy Mojo
No Lifer

Nature: Serious
i cant remember much about KoN but from what i can i believe you have to be a certain level in order to initiate the DLC quests. also i believe that level would be 10. i could be wrong as i usually just play the original oblivion disc on 360 and not the expansions but the lvl 10 requirement for DLC are common in TES.

Old November 25th, 2012 (10:56 AM). Edited November 26th, 2012 by Pikapia.
Pikapia
The One Who Will Destroy Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3neSESS View Post
i cant remember much about KoN but from what i can i believe you have to be a certain level in order to initiate the DLC quests. also i believe that level would be 10. i could be wrong as i usually just play the original oblivion disc on 360 and not the expansions but the lvl 10 requirement for DLC are common in TES.
Ah... he is level one. I'll see if it registers on my main character. They're beyond level ten.

EDIT* Just tried it, and there's still no Prophet, and there's still no mention of the attack. Any other ideas for me?

EDIT** Does it matter about the characters I have, or do I have to have finished a different quest beforehand? Someone please help!

EDIT*** (I know, I'll stop doing edits soon! ) I think the problem with my main character is... he's kind of... got a lot of Infamy. That might be why The Prophet isn't showing up. I'll get my Knight up to level 10 or so, and then see if he's there. He's level 2 though... anyone got a way for me to level up quickly (without thieving or murder)? <-- I love that smiley!!!! <3
Old November 28th, 2012 (12:42 PM).
Drarorm

Hello all! ( Not sure if this is the correct forum ) I am soon going to get a DS for Christmas thought i am not sure which of all them to pick, I am generally going to use it only for Pokemon may play something else thought still probably only pokemon so i was wondering which of all the DSes should i get for it? I looked around and saw that most people say DSi thought still i am not sure because as far i understood future pokemon games will be only 3DS so might aswell buy now one and save money later. And if you do agree for getting a 3DS would you also recommend XL? Thanks!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links