The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 8th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Lewy
Retired Champion

Not much happened, because I've had other things to do , May be pretty obvious but have I ever mentioned Diddy was a guy?

And for those of you wondering (probably no'one) I haven't uploaded any screenshots because I'm playing HG on my DS, but I will be uploading them if when I beat the Elite Four and Red.

Spoiler:
-Arrived in Blackthorn City
-One-shotted all of Clair's pokemon with Return :D
-Planned on heading to the Elite Four, until I was stopped and made to traverse the Bell Tower
-Made a quick stop-over to Mt. Mortar to obtain TM40 Aerial Ace
-Chilled in the Bell Tower, listening to some awesome music for a bit
-Arrived at the top, an epic cut scene greeted me
-Caught Ho-Oh with the Master ball rather anticlimactically and taught it HM02 Fly
-Currently standing right outside of Tohjo Falls (Rather creative name...)

Diddy the Adamant Ambipom
Ability:Technician
Itemilk Scarf
Lv:54
<Moves>
-Return
-Dig
-Payback
-Aerial Ace

<Stats>
HP: 170
Attack: 159
Defense: 101
Sp. Attack: 85
Sp. Defense: 96
Speed: 161

"There are bad ways to win-- and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..."-Grimsley
Old October 8th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Lewy
Retired Champion

Just a quick update before I challenge the Elite Four.
My screenshot method failed miserably (damn ROM image crash ) so instead I took (and will be taking) dodgy photos with my laptop webcam. Not the best quality, but you get the point.

Spoiler:
-Made it through Cooltrainer Road and Victory Road.
-About to challenge Elite Four.

Itemilk Scarf
Lv:58
<Moves>
-Return
-Dig
-Payback
-Aerial Ace

<Stats>
HP: 183
Attack: 173
Defense: 108
Sp. Attack: 92
Sp. Defense: 104
Speed: 174

Champion!

Spoiler:
-Deposited HM pokemon
-Found two Rare Candies I had no idea I had
-Fed them to Diddy
-Beat first two members losing only 13 HP, (I knew those potions would come in handy one day) one-hitting every pokemon bar Forretress
-Used my first ever X Attack against Bruno, Dig wasn't powerful enough, but otherwise won fairly comfortably
-One-hit all of Karen's pokemon
-Ran into a bit of trouble with Gyarados' Intimidate, which made things a bit more of a challenge, but still prevailed against Lance
-Now off to Kanto
-Also pleased to say that of this post Diddy is yet to faint :D

Itemilk Scarf
Lv:65
<Moves>
-Return
-Dig
-Payback
-Aerial Ace

<Stats>
HP: 204
Attack: 193
Defense: 121
Sp. Attack: 103
Sp. Defense: 116
Speed: 194

"There are bad ways to win-- and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..."-Grimsley

Last edited by Lewy; October 8th, 2012 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 10th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Lewy
Retired Champion

B2/W2 came out today, solo will be on hold for a bit.

Old October 12th, 2012, 07:46 PM
AyonZ
Unhatched Egg

About to do StaryuXStarmie Solo Run THread on FR Posting SS soon.
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:14 PM
bctincher15
blue eye + brown eye =awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Decided to finish up my Misdreavus solo-run along with my one in each challenge before continuing my nuzlocke.

I defeated Lenora and Misdreavus is already level 37, I just OHKO'd everything with Psybeam.

-Psybeam
-Hex
-Payback
-Confuse Ray
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:38 PM
bctincher15
blue eye + brown eye =awesome

Nature: Relaxed
I beat Clay, and he was extremely easy.
I can't make a long post because my GF and I about to go see Sinister.

Misdreavus Lv.49
-Psybeam
-Shadow Ball
-Payback
-Confuse Ray

My wife and I share my PSN account.
Old October 24th, 2012, 09:58 AM
VinceLevi
Do A Barrel Roll!

Nature: Quiet
Crystal Part 10: *wiggle wiggle*

Synopsis, if you don't wanna watch

1: Egg hatches! Who is it?
2: They changed a little side quest D:
3: Fought ?????????
4: Reached Ecruteak city!
5: Visited a gym!
6: Burned Tower!
7: ?????, or was it?

Spoiler:
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:43 AM
ShinyHoundoom
Houndoom Fan

Nature: Hasty
I think I'll do an Ultimate Houndoom Solo playing through the following games:

Fire Red - Crystal - Emerald - Platinum - Black

None

Completed Challenges
Fire Red

Cerberus the Houndoom Solo Challenge Fire Red
Old November 6th, 2012, 07:45 PM
TrollShammy80
Loved all Pokemon Since 98'

Name: TrollShammy80
Pokemon: Butterfree
Ultimate: Ultimate
Game: Fire Red Omega/Storm Silver/Expert Emerald/Prestigious Platinum/Blaze Black 2

Proud MLP Fan/NCIS/Ghost Hunters/Ghost Adventures/CSI and many others
RIP: Step Mom 7/17/53-7/2/13
RIP: Uncle Jesse ???-1/3/2014
"I do breed for IVs/Ev's...but I always remember to have fun playing Pokemon"
"I always play for fun on my emulators and Y version only"
www.youtube.com/trollshammy80
Old November 8th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Nature: Naughty
Decided to do a Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard Ultimate Solo.

Will be playing through:
FireRed -> Gold -> Emerald -> Diamond -> Black

EDIT: Extra conditions for completion:
E4 Round 2 in FR
Red in Gold
Steven in Emerald
Cynthia in Diamond
Morimoto, Cynthia and Alder in Black

EDIT 2: Did some of the FireRed section of my Ultimate Solo.
Spoiler:

This battle was rather irritating, with Scratch missing often after 3 Sand Attacks from Pidgey, but I managed to win with raw power.

Easier battle than I had expected, Metal Claw 2HKOd both of his Pokemon.

The rival seemed weaker than I had expected with most things going down in one hit.

Probably the most difficult battle of the challenge so far, all because of Starmie's Water Pulse dealing just under 50 damage.

My rival gets easier and easier as everything was OHKOd by my newly evolved Charizard.

I thought he'd be a little tougher because Charizard is part flying, but Flamethrower put him in his place.

My Charizard:
Spoiler:

So far, this challenge has proven to be rather easy, but I expect it to get more difficult later on, especially around Blaine and onwards. Charmander only has trouble early on, but really comes out of its shell after the second gym, and even more so at Lv34 when it gains the super powerful Flamethrower.

EDIT: Update 2

Spoiler:

OHKOd everything in the gym, so it was just a bit of extra EXP for FLARE.

Another trainer who got hit like a truck by my Charizard, losing in seconds.

Another round of OHKOs against my puny little rival

Slightly tougher this time with his newly evolved Blastoise that survived its first hit and then barely scratched me.

2HKOs all around against the big boss of Team Rocket. I expected a bit more of him, but he was just another insect in my path.

Got a bit lazy at this point and skipped all the trainers in the gym and OHKOd all of Sabrina's Pokemon with Flamethrower.

After skipping almost all the battles on the way here and in the gym, I once again OHKOd all of the gym leaders Pokemon.

Charizard:
Spoiler:

So far, this run has been a cakewalk, with Charizard being able to one/two hit everything in her path. I'm actually hoping for more of a challenge to get rid of some of this boredom I currently have.

EDIT 3: Got bored at school and decided to play some more. Ended up finishing the Kanto section, but a few screenshots are missing because I wasn't paying attention while playing.

Spoiler:
I got a lot done while playing, so there's quite a few pictures here.

Blaine was rather easy, his Growlithe's Intimidate weakened Rock Slide enough to not OHKO Arcanine, but other than that he was pretty easy. I then went on to do the Sevii Island quest thingy and returned to fight Giovanni.

It was at this point that I realised how OP my Charizard is currently. Taking only 70 damage from a STAB Rock Throw. Other than that, Giovanni was easy as anything, so I continued on towards the E4.

His Blastoise gets stronger everytime, but other than that, he's always a piece of cake.

As you can see, I've missed out Lorelei, Chuck and Agatha. I'll post how those all went.
Lorelei: As I entered the battle with her, expecting an easy win over her ice types, I realised how wrong I was. 60% damage from Lapras' Surf caused some mayhem, but I managed to win thanks to a few lucky criticals.
Bruno: Onixes were easy OHKOs with EQ and all others fell in one hit to Aerial Ace. What else can I say?
Agatha: Agatha was easier than ever before in this run. All her Pokemon fell with a simple Flamethrower, and I was on to Lance.
Lance: I expected more of Lance, due to the fact that he reduced EQ and Aerial Ace to pathetic little attacks with Intimidate, but Dragon Claw allowed me to destroy this guy with ease.

The fated battle. Once again, he proved to be pretty easy. OHKOs other than the 2HKO against his Blastoise. He was just too easy.

I did more of the Sevii Islands before coming back to battle. This time I remembered my screenshots...

...for the first battle at least. Anyway, I'll repeat what I did before:
Lorelei: Even harder this time, taking 70% damage from Slowbro's Surf, and about 80% from Lapras' left me using Full Restores continuously until they used a different move. I finally took her down after some struggles, but nothing too bad.
Bruno: What is wrong with this guy? Two Steelix's who fell from a single Flamethrower each, some Hitmon's who couldn't take an Aerial Ace, and then Machamp, who only just managed to survive an Aerial Ace, only to fall to a critical one the next turn.
Agatha: The easiest by far this time around. Everything of hers fell from a single Flamethrower. Nuff said.
Lance: Ugh. Don't even remind me of this. Took down everything except for his last two Dragonites. Dragon Claw would reduce them to about 40%, but their Dragon Claws would do the same to me. I finally managed to win after a few Full Restores and burning with Flamethrower.

And then there was one. The guy whose Pokemon couldn't even take any hits. Well, other than his Hydro Pumping Blastoise that fell in 2 EQs. Pretty easy like usual, and proved to be a terrible champion.

Charizard:

This guy was an utter beast. I couldn't wait to start on Silver until I realised that Charmander and Charmeleon are pretty lackluster in comparison to the big red dragon.

Silver:
Spoiler:
So I hacked in Charmander as the starter (and did so to all the other 3 games), and got away, trained up a bit and then challenged ???

Can he get any more unlucky? First he's caught red handed by me with the stolen Pokemon, and then he goes down in one hit from a critical scratch.

Hah, This guy. I entered the gym with a Charmander, and walked out with a Charmeleon who only took a gust from Pidgeotto (and the badge).

Surprisingly, Bugsy's Scyther managed to survive an Ember and dealt a little damage to the big guy. Unfortunately for him, he only dealt 8 damage and then fainted the next turn.

Ugh, damn that Croconaw. It took 4 scratched before fainting, and almost took out my Charmeleon. I can't wait until this guy evolves.

Charmeleon:

Slightly more of a challenge than FireRed so far, I'm actually hoping it gets a little tougher, and cant wait to battle Whitney and her Miltank.

Last edited by Lord_Storm; November 8th, 2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Update
Old November 9th, 2012, 06:39 PM
PhoenixWright77
Pokémaster Attorney

Nature: Calm
Pokemon Being Used: Phione
Game: Prestigious Platinum.

Sinnoh update #1

"Well Ken! Looks like we finally made it!" I told the Pokemon as I took a look at route 202. As we took our first steps onto the route, I remembered when I had first found Ken.

It was a warm, sunny day. I was relaxing beside the shore on lake Verity. Suddenly, something caught my eye. It was a blue figure in the water. In it's hands was a strange, blue egg. I quickly identified the Pokemon as a Manaphy. When I approached the Manaphy, it handed me the egg for no reason that I can recall! When the egg finally hatched, it hatched into a Phione instead of a Manaphy like I thought it would. I named the Phione "Ken" after my favorite character in Street Fighter 2. Ever since Ken hatched out of that egg, I have been going to lake Verity every day to show Ken to the Manaphy.

As we approached the first patch of grass, we were quickly stopped in our tracks by Dawn.
"Hey Crow! I decided that I'm going to teach you how to catch a Pokemon!"
I sighed, "I don't need to know how to catch a Pokemon. I'm going with just Ken over here!"
Dawn giggled, "Don't be silly! Having more Pokemon just adds more fun to the adventure!"
I sighed again. There was no convincing her to believe that Ken and I are doing this adventure...solo. "Fine! Teach me how to catch a Pokemon! I'll have to catch a HM slave anyway."

2 minutes later...

"And that is how use catch a Pokemon!" Dawn said proudly.
I nodded, "Thats cool! Anyway, I'd better be going to Jubilive city!"
'It just so happens that I'm heading there too!" Dawn said proudly. "I'll see you there! Bye!"

And with that, Dawn ran though the grass towards Jubilife city.
"OK Ken!" This looks like a good place to train!" I told the Pokemon.
The first thing I did was take out a TM containing the move return. I quickly taught it to Ken. Sadly, Return won't do a lot of damage yet because our friendship still needed some fine-tuning. It is something I plan to work on.

As for the trainers, they were easy to say the least. Ken plowed though them as fast as he did to wild Pokemon. Ken entered Jubilife city a stronger Phione! Of course, Dawn was waiting for us by the entrance,
"Crow! I have to show you this cool place! It's called the Pokemon trainers School. You can learn a lot about Pokemon there!" She told me.
"I think I know enough about Pokemon." I told her.
"Oh come on! I think I saw your friend, Raven, in there!" She said with a grin.
my eyes widened, "Raven is in there! Come on! Let's go!" I told her impatiently
She led me towards the trainers school. As we made it to the door, we noticed a man hiding besides the lampposts
"Umm...What are you doing? I asked the man.
The man shuddered backwards in surprise. "Oh-no! You found out that I'm part of the international police force!
Now it was my turn to shudder back in surprise. "Wait...what now?"
The man chuckled, "you're a smart kid. For that, I'll give you my name...NO! My code name! Just call me Looker! tell me if you see any strange activity in this area!"

The man slipped back towards the lampposts and walked away.
"That was weird!" Dawn told me. Anyhow, the trainer school is right here! I have to go back to professor Rowan's lab see you later!

After that, I entered the school and walked over to Raven, expecting a battle.
"Hey Raven! Up for a battle?" I asked him.
"Nah" He replied. "I'm too busy right now! I have to look up Status problems!"

To be continued!

Pokemon Y friend code:0559-6785-8830
Remember to PM me if you add me!

Last edited by PhoenixWright77; November 10th, 2012 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Fixed some Grammar\spelling
Old November 9th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Cant be bothered with a long update right now, and to be honest, my memory wont let me recall everything (just like it forgot to screenshot me beating Chuck. I'll just post the screenshots of me beating each gym leader, E4 member and rival.

Spoiler:

Charizard:
Old November 10th, 2012, 06:41 PM
VinceLevi
Do A Barrel Roll!

Finally, I woke up from the pit!
Crystal: 11

1. ??????
2. Kimono Showdown!
3. Dominating the Ecruteak Gym!
4. ????? *Sadface*
5. Victory!

Spoiler:
Old November 11th, 2012, 12:57 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Nature: Jolly
Been a while since I last update but I've made some progress. I beat Koga, team rocket at Silph Co. and also Sabrina, and I last saved in the Pokemon Mansion.

Video:
Spoiler:

Bewsa the Careful Jynx
Lv. 60 - Oblivious
Psychic, Water Pulse, Brick Break, Powder Snow
Here's a link to my Trade Review Thread, be sure to post a comment if we trade.
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

This will probably my last update for a few weeks, as I'm going on holiday.

Spoiler:

Earthquake all over the place made Surge a piece of cake.

Another easy leader going down to Flamethrower OHKOs

Fire everywhere winning for me.

Easiest of them all, being about 5-10 levels lower than the other Kanto leaders and going down easily to fire.

Lapras took 2 hits and dealt a little damage, but other than that, Misty was easy as.

Earthquake made this gym incredibly easy.

My last rival battle showed him how weak he really was falling to OHKOs everywhere.

Another Kanto gym falling to EQ.

Toughest gym leader of them all, with his Gyarados setting up Rain Dance and absorbing my hits.

Ah, Red. Pikachu was easy. Espeon was easy. Venusaur and Charizard were both easy. Blastoise and Snorlax however managed to set up Rain Dance and Reflect causing me to do minimal damage to them. In the end, I won after one full restore and a bit of luck.

Charizard:

Proved to be even less of a challenge than the Kanto part, but overall, this was more enjoyable in my opinion, mostly because I love GSC.
Old November 16th, 2012, 09:05 AM
punkrocker419

Nature: Quirky
Name: punkrocker419
Pokemon: Blastoise
Ultimate: Not now
Game: Blue
Old November 16th, 2012, 04:32 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Nature: Jolly
Beat the remaining gyms and I'm now on my way to the Pokemon League! Stopped in Victory Road.

Videos:
Spoiler:

Bewsa the Careful Jynx
Lv. 69 - Oblivious
Psychic, Water Pulse, Shadow Ball, Powder Snow

UPDATED!!
Finished the rest of FireRed!!
Lorelei was pretty easy, Slowbro took a while to go down but still didn't cause any problems.
Bruno was a piece of cake. OHKO'd everyone of his Pokemon.
Agatha was the same as Bruno.
Lance was easy too, OHKO'd everyone except Gyarados which went down with 2 hits.
Green went down with little problems. Charizard nearly took me out with his Fire Blast but he went down with 2 Psychics.

Videos:
Spoiler:

Bewsa the Careful Jynx
Lv. 76 - Oblivious
Psychic, Water Pulse, Shadow Ball, Powder Snow

Next stop Johto on Pokemon SoulSilver, don't know when I'll get started though.
Here's a link to my Trade Review Thread, be sure to post a comment if we trade.

Last edited by James901; November 16th, 2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old November 17th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Stokey
Unhatched Egg

Planning on doing a Gible - Gabite - Garchomp run in Pokemon Diamond

Edit-
Name: Stokey
Pokemon: Garchomp
Ultimate: Not now
Game: Diamond

Last edited by Stokey; November 18th, 2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old November 17th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Seeing as I played quite a bit of this over the last few days and I just woke up at 2am, I thought I may as well post an update of my now completed Emerald part.

Spoiler:

This was probably some of the tougher parts of the game, with Roxanne frustrating me with her Rock Tomb and Potions, whereas May was much easier because all her Pokemon were of similar level, but not on par with Nosepass. Brawly was pretty easy himself, with most damage taken throughout the double battle in his gym rather than against him.

The game began to get much easier at this point because May went down the slowest of the three because Charmeleon didn't have a certain move at this point, whereas Wattson was OHKOd by Flamethrowers and Maxie by Dig.

All of them were rather easy, mostly because Charizard had began to overlevel at this point, making the challenge a lot easier than early on.

Once again, nothing could really hurt me, with the exception of Winona's Altaria using Dragon Dance, raising its speed to higher than Charizard's, then using Aerial Ace and getting a critical. Overall, easy battles.

All proved to be stronger than most other trainers so far, but still provided little challenge bar Liza and Tate, but that was due to them being able to use Ancientpower from Claydol, which could only just survive a Flamethrower, allowing them to spam Hyper Potions on it.

The Maxie double battle was the worst here, being unable to OHKO either Camerupt because Dig is too weak at this point, meaning they would manage to get a hit on Charizard. The other two however, were nothing to worry about.

Wally and Sidney had their entire team wiped out by OHKOs, whereas Juan could take a hit with most of his Pokemon, but failed to do much damage anyway.

Phoebe and Glacia were a piece of cake, but the dragon sailor guy definately was not. This was probably my hardest battle of the game because to deal damage, I was forced to use either an attack reduced Return or a not very effective Flamethrower, meaning most of his Pokemon could attack maybe two or three times before fainting.

These guys probably fitted the positions of 2nd and 3rd hardest battles in the game, with both of them having Pokemon capable of enduring multiple Flamethrowers/Returns, and dishing out a lot of damage back.

Charizard:

Well I finished the Hoenn part of the challenge with this beast and it was probably the easiest for most of the game, but the most challenging towards the end of it.
Old November 20th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Don Bastio
Banned

can i hack in Pokemon from another region. i wanted to do Rayquaza in FR. also what is the max level i can hack into the game. i was probably gonna set it to level 5 like the starter Pokemon but i thought i would ask first. it doesn't say in the rules, but it seems like something that should be specified.
edit:
i used advancestarter to start the game with hitmonchan and i am on the ss anne right now. here are some screen grabs of Oaks lab and the first rival battlle and a screenshot of my hitmonchans moves . i have more pics but my internet is running slow so i will update later.

veridian forest

forgot to screen shot brock but here is my spoils of war lol

Last edited by Don Bastio; November 20th, 2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old November 20th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bastio View Post
can i hack in Pokemon from another region. i wanted to do Rayquaza in FR. also what is the max level i can hack into the game. i was probably gonna set it to level 5 like the starter Pokemon but i thought i would ask first. it doesn't say in the rules, but it seems like something that should be specified.
It is completely allowed, I mean I do it for most of my solo challenges. I just set them as my starter because it makes it a lot more efficient than having to catch etc.
Old November 20th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Don Bastio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Storm View Post
It is completely allowed, I mean I do it for most of my solo challenges. I just set them as my starter because it makes it a lot more efficient than having to catch etc.
thanks for the help, i used advancestarter on FR to get hitmonchan ill do rayquaza after. also if you black/whited out do you have to restart? or is it okay to lose a battle? i lost on misty my first try...
Old November 26th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Ruki_Kato

Hello all. I was looking into doing this challenge for something to occupy my spare time with, so sign me up. Do I just post my progress here? I'd also like to do the run with a Raichu, my favorite pokemon.

Name: Flynn.

Rival: Clu

Pokemon: Tron the Raichu.

Games I'll be playing:
Kanto: Leaf Green
Johto: Crystal
Hoenn: Emerald
Sinnoh: Platinum
Unova: White 2

I've just started Leaf Green so I will post my progress sometime tomorrow.

The only hacking I have done is setting up my starter pokemon as Raichu for Crystal, Leaf Green, and Emerald. For Platinum and White 2 I plan to use pokegen to edit the saves before my first rival battle.

Since I won't be at those games for a bit, to what extent can I edit my Raichu? Do I set everything to random, or can I edit his nature, ev's, and skills but still start at a level 5? Or, at the very least, edit his nature?

Last edited by Ruki_Kato; November 26th, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old November 28th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Ruki_Kato

Diary 1. Kanto Region.

Spoiler:
I left my house to walk to the store at the nearby town of Viridian for a moomoo milkshake. Just as I was about to step into the grass my neighbor, Mr. Oak, came screaming up to me saying it was dangerous. Now, I may be mute but I doubt a couple of skittish rattata and small pidgey are going to hurt me. I think I remember my mom telling me that Mr. Oak needed to see me anyways so I follow him back to his lab.

Standing at the back next to a table of pokeballs was Mr. Oaks grandson, Clu. He's been trying to best me at everything since we were babies. Mr. Oak had called both of us here to give us each a pokemon from his personal collection. I chose the grass type, Bulbasaur, while my rival chose Charmander, a fire type. As I turned to leave, Clu decided we should battle.

I tossed out my ball and what came out wasn't what Mr. Oak remembered. There, standing in front of my rivals Charmander was a Raichu. Without even thinking about it I was on the attack. The Charmander didn't seem to like the electricity and went down after a couple of Thundershocks, with my Raichu only receiving a couple of scratches. Clu looked rather upset and I just grinned as I took his allowance for winning the match.

This time I left and finally made it to the market for my milkshake. Just as I was about to pay for it, the clerk instead gave me a package for Mr. Oak, along with a message to say hi. Saddened by my lack of sweet milkshake goodness, I made my way back to Mr. Oaks lab to deliver his parcel, which turned out to be a custom pokeball. Around this time Clu decided to drop back by.

Once he arrived Mr. Oak asked us to do the most ridiculous thing ever. Live his dream for him. He has tasked Clu and myself with finishing up an encyclopedia of all pokemon species on the region called a Pokedex. Clu had no problem with this and promptly told me to shove off and smell you later. I decided that Tron, my Raichu, and I would do our best to complete this before him too.

So I once again left for Veridian, after telling my mom of course, and headed once again to get my milkshake. Milkshake in hand, I made my way to Viridian forest. I've brought extra provisions just in case we get lost. This is where I'll leave this entry for now.

EDIT :
Diary 2. Kanto Region

Spoiler:
Viridian forest proved to have little difficulty as I didn't even need to heal going through it. After emerging I bought a couple of potions and headed to Pewter gym at level 12.

Fun fact, rock and ground types are immune to electric. So I white out and decided to go level up. While wandering around Viridian Forest I caught a Pikachu and named it Grid, it was then shoved into the box at the Pokemon Center. At level 18 I decided to take on the gym again. After a lot of tail wagging and quick hits, the Boulder Badge was ours.

From there I made my way to Mt. Moon. All the battles on the way proved easy and I only stopped at the Pokemon center to restore PP. Mt. Moon is full of Geodudes. Even at a level 20 it was taking a tail wag and two quick hits to put down a level 8. A little ways through I started to encounter Team Redundant. At the end I take out the nerd and he decides to share his Dome Fossil with me. I like Kabuto/Kabutops so I'm gonna make it into my HM slave once I can revive it.

After I've emerged from Mt. Moon I head straight to the Nugget Bridge forgetting that I'll run into Clu. Surprisingly enough, all his Pokemon fall to a single Thunderbolt. After that I heal up and take on all 4 Pokemon at Cerulean Gym. They all fall to single Thundershocks and at this point I'm feeling good and take on Nugget Bridge without healing. At the end of it I'm a level 26 and it's on to Bills house.

I head on without healing still and regret it when I run into a hiker with three Geodudes. After that I head back, heal, and make my way all the way to Bills house. I encounter a disturbing Clefairy human thing as I enter and realize it's Bill in an expiriment gone horribly wrong. After extracting the bubbly pink DNA he hands me a ticket for the S.S. Anne as thanks. I thought he gave you an Eevee but maybe that's a different game.

After that I head to Vermillion and the cruise ship. Before boarding I grab the bike ticket from the Pokemon fan club and then it's off to see the captain for our first HM.

Going through the S.S. Anne is pretty short, although it is full of battles and useful items. I decided to forego healing again and do the whole thing in one go. I found Clu at the end of the ship again, and again, his team fell to Thunderbolts. I noticed the Captain was rather seaside so I rubbed his back to make him feel better. In exchange he gave me HM 01, Cut. After leaving the ship it sailed away, never to be heard from again.

I decided from here to go back up and get the bike for easier travel. I also grab Grid from the box, and upon learning she nor Thor can learn Cut, release her and search for a Pokemon that can learn it.

Next time, We'll see who I find to take Grids place.

Thor:
Level: 35
Nature: Naive

HP: 102
Attack: 75
Defense: 54
Special Attack: 75
Special Defense: 55
Speed: 97

Attacks:
Thundershock
Tail Whip (Tail Wiggle)
Quick Attack
Thunderbolt

Fun filled fact about Raichu in Leaf Green. They don't learn a single move. So your only way of learning anything is through the Move Tutor, TMs, or HMs. I've just made it through Mt. Moon so I'll post that tonight, probably in a different format.

Last edited by Ruki_Kato; November 29th, 2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags
Old December 8th, 2012, 09:09 PM
ShinyHoundoom
Houndoom Fan

Nature: Hasty
Well Fire Red is done, with a lot of panic on Gary every time because it was Blastoise.

End Game Stats:

Spoiler:

None

Completed Challenges
Fire Red

Cerberus the Houndoom Solo Challenge Fire Red
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links