Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page Chrome OS Emulator

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old December 26th, 2011 (06:18 PM). Edited December 27th, 2011 by CharizardEatsBabies.

Nature: Relaxed
Hey guys, I'm new here so feel free to direct me to the proper thread. I received a Samsung Chromebook over the holidays. If you're familiar with Chrome OS, you would know that it is unable to run .exe files. Therefore, I cannot download and run a GBA emulator for my computer. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good emulator available online. Obviously, I want one in which I can play Pokemon, preferably FireRed.
Old December 28th, 2011 (02:20 PM).
This account is now inactive

Nature: Hardy
Visual Boy Advance.
This is a Linux-based distro, but I'm not 100% sure it can do anything else other than browse the web and manage files.
Old December 29th, 2011 (06:31 AM).

Quote originally posted by Pingouin_7:
Visual Boy Advance.
This is a Linux-based distro, but I'm not 100% sure it can do anything else other than browse the web and manage files.
I tried to download the Linux version from the VBA site, but I still was unable to run it. I guess what I'm looking for is a completely online emulator, not anything to download.Thanks anyway
Old December 29th, 2011 (11:20 AM).

There is a website called Vizzed where you can play Pokemon Firered. Though you need to install a plugin for it to work online.
Old December 30th, 2011 (06:32 PM). Edited December 30th, 2011 by CharizardEatsBabies.

Quote originally posted by iop50:
There is a website called Vizzed where you can play Pokemon Firered. Though you need to install a plugin for it to work online.
I couldn't find it. It redirected me to a Facebook page. Could you provide a link?

I apologize for that last post. I found a link Thanks guys
Old November 7th, 2012 (06:42 PM).

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by CharizardEatsBabies:
Hey guys, I'm new here so feel free to direct me to the proper thread. I received a Samsung Chromebook over the holidays. If you're familiar with Chrome OS, you would know that it is unable to run .exe files. Therefore, I cannot download and run a GBA emulator for my computer. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good emulator available online. Obviously, I want one in which I can play Pokemon, preferably FireRed.
Im not sure this would work for u but I have an android phone that I play roms on. I got my emulator off of google play and its called MyBoy! I'm actually playing firered on it right now. IDK if that will work on chrome os but its worth a try. I even got pokemon snakewood to play on it most of the way through but I think theres a bug in my rom so that sucks but neway hope that helps
Old November 7th, 2012 (07:11 PM).

perhaps installing another linux distro, like mint, ubuntu, or fedora (my preference) would fix it?
Old November 8th, 2012 (12:30 PM).
Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3

Nature: Jolly
I just searched "Pokemon Games Vizzed" and there is several different games, genuine ones and hacks. You do have to download a plugin, which may OR may not work.
Old November 17th, 2012 (08:37 AM).
The Danish Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyndafan
i have used vizzed and it works on a windows

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Old August 5th, 2014 (02:37 PM).

[QUOTE=CharizardEatsBabies;6983718]Hey guys, I'm new here so feel free to direct me to the proper thread. I received a Samsung Chromebook over the holidays. If you're familiar with Chrome OS, you would know that it is unable to run .exe files. Therefore, I cannot download and run a GBA emulator for my computer. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good emulator available online. Obviously, I want one in which I can play Pokemon, preferably FireRed.[/QUOTE

Is it the computer that you cant play minecraft on because of the .exe files. Because if so, go to the chrome web store and look up vba m and that is your emulator
Old August 5th, 2014 (09:12 PM).
ModeratorBSCS

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Please don't post in threads that over a month old. Thread closed.

Sponsored Links