The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 12th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
It makes sense, but it's also beyond obnoxious.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
Sakura-sou is adorable.

That is why it's so good, at least for me.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old November 13th, 2012, 11:26 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I like the quotations on record label. XD

Okay, so at least it makes sense why he's there...

He's still haunting the nightmares of this poor innocent child though.
Old November 15th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Katholic Nun

So I went to the midnight screening of Breaking Dawn Part 2 last night... most hilarious thing I've ever seen in my life. It was quite possibly the most racist film I have ever seen in my life. I'm almost impressed, it took quite a few balls to be that blazingly ignorant and pull it off so ostentatiously.

I think my favourite part was when they introduced the Irish vampires. Two of the three of them were gingers, the man was wearing a flat cap, the woman was a little heavy for someone who lives on a diet of human blood and they looked like they'd been fished directly from the potato farm circa 1854. All my friends and I completely lost our **** when that happened haha.

Then there were the Amazonian vampires who basically looked like Tyra Banks in Xena cosplay, one named Vladimir who sounded exactly like Dracula and most startlingly of all, at the end we met a pair of vampires from a Brazilian tribe who looked remarkably like Native American Indians.

Most hilarious thing ever.

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old November 15th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Axton
hear me roar

Still sounds better than Part 1. I was watching that the other night and... damn. It was really awful imo. I basically spent an hour and a half watching some woman getting pregnant and wolves talking telepathically. Wonderful.
Old November 15th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Katholic Nun

Oh yes this was definitely better than Part 1. That's not saying much, but it definitely was.

There were no Irish farmer vampires in that one.

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Esper

My friend's sister is going to an all-day showing of ALL the Twilight movies. Part of me wishes I could experience such an event. Not the movies, but the audience. My intuition tells me that it will mostly be women in their 20s and 30s and 40s and that very few teens or tweens will be there.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 16th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
I'm going to have to go see Breaking Dawn #2 with my girlfreind at some point, hopefully they won't make it tooo awful.

I NEED TO SEE LINCOLN
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
I don't want to see Breaking Dawn #2, please tell me someone here is in the same category as me? All my friends want to/have seen it and I'm just sitting here, all by myself, caring less about the climactic finale to the relationship of Bella Swan and Edward Cullen.
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
I lol'd when I saw that it failed to surpass the first part of Breaking Dawn and New Moon in terms of opening day money, haha. People started loving on The Hunger Games and forgot all about Twilight.
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling

....I forgot the Hunger Games existed :(

I still laugh when I think about the people/'Diehard Rabid Raving Twilight Fanatics' who claimed/still claim that the Harry Potter franchise stole the idea of splitting the final book into two movies. I'm surprised there wasn't a holy war between the two fanbases over that decision.
Old November 18th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
I'm pretty sure it was the studio executives who made that decision... not any of the fans of either franchise. More splitting = more $$$! (Or £££ or €€€ or whatever)
Old November 18th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Esper

Plus I think everyone agrees it's a dumb idea to split movies into two (or three!) parts.

Please tell me that every agrees on this. I don't want to see anymore of these split movies. Look, I'm sorry I complained so much about all the sequels being made, okay? But this is not the solution I wanted.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 18th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Hashtag
king cook

You're right, Scarf, I'd love to of seen the Deathly Hallows films in one film. A near four hour end to the franchise would of felt more appropriate to me.
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:17 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Actually, I don't mind them splitting movies. SOMETIMES.

I mean, if they hadn't split the last Potter movie, a LOT would have had to be cut out, and it wouldn't have been as good overall. I mean when they split it they made one amazing movie and one good movie. If they had squeezed them both together, it would have felt random and been lower in quality. But splitting the twilight movie is just dumb, because it's unnecessary for the franchise to exist. So.
Old November 19th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Esper

A four-hour long HP movie would be something to see. I really would rather see longer movies than split movies. Maybe I'm spoiled by watching most of my television shows after they've finished so there's no waiting between episodes, but having to wait a week to see one episode, especially when I've got a few hours of free time to kill, is just awful.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:24 PM
digi-kun
Hourai NEET

So apparently Rozen Maiden's getting another season. Can't really say I agree with this decision seeing as the manga's been complete for quite a while now, and the series hasn't been touched in forever.

Partner in crime and fellow singbot: the devilicious iruchii
Old November 20th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Katholic Nun

While I agree that a 4 or 5 hour Harry Potter finale would have been awesome, I don't mind the splitting at all. It was pretty unnecessary in the case of Breaking Dawn, and it is pretty unnecessary for The Hunger Games judging by the size of the third book in that series, but overall I like the concept of splitting a book in two and prolonging the entire thing.

I especially loved it in the case of Harry Potter, since I was not ready (and am still not ready) for it to be over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
I still laugh when I think about the people/'Diehard Rabid Raving Twilight Fanatics' who claimed/still claim that the Harry Potter franchise stole the idea of splitting the final book into two movies. I'm surprised there wasn't a holy war between the two fanbases over that decision.
Wait... there are people who think this? Even though Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 wrapped filming in December 2010, and was released an entire four months before Breaking Dawn Part 1? Who are these people?

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Old November 20th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Weeaboo Name
Banned

Nature: Gentle
Didn't the manga get rebooted? There are 80+ chapters now.
Old November 20th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Esper

I can still remember going to see Breaking Dawn Part 1, wondering when the plot was going to show up.

I need to get around to seeing the second part before it leaves theatres, but I'm kind of sad that Twilight is ending. It taught us the importance of good writing and the dangers of stalkers. It brought people together in mutual disgust and hatred.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I can still remember going to see Breaking Dawn Part 1, wondering when the plot was going to show up.

I need to get around to seeing the second part before it leaves theatres, but I'm kind of sad that Twilight is ending. It taught us the importance of good writing and the dangers of stalkers. It brought people together in mutual disgust and hatred.
/snorts

Interestingly enough, I got out the lovely book Twilight yesterday, because I hadn't been able to get past the first 50 pages and I was determined to read it and then critique it in true Harley fashion. However, I read one page and then I accidentally spilled coffee on it and soaked the first 20 pages... I believe it to be a sign from the literature gods.
Old November 20th, 2012, 11:33 PM
digi-kun
Hourai NEET

I was unaware of this. What I get for taking my eyes off it for a little bit orz

Guess the new series would be off that seeing as the anime concluded and there's really no good reason to continue the old series after all this time.

Partner in crime and fellow singbot: the devilicious iruchii
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:22 PM
Esper

The literature gods speak to me sometimes when they make me misplace my bookmarks and I end up rereading the same parts of the same book over and over again until I just give up. So many half-read books on my shelf, silently judging me.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:33 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling

The literature gods are not to be trifled with, it seems. I have the same problem as you - Gone With the Wind is still yet to be finished, although I have had the book in my possession for over 18 months. How many times must I read of Scarlett's desire to secure money to pay the taxes of Tara? I must be in Tartarus, repeating the same punishment over and over for all eternity.
Old November 21st, 2012, 03:19 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
The literature gods are not to be trifled with, it seems. I have the same problem as you - Gone With the Wind is still yet to be finished, although I have had the book in my possession for over 18 months. How many times must I read of Scarlett's desire to secure money to pay the taxes of Tara? I must be in Tartarus, repeating the same punishment over and over for all eternity.
I've done this with a couple of books as well, mainly the Harry Potter series. It just got so boring in the fifth book that I stopped after the infinite loop of reading came to an end.. The same old boring plot of Harry going to school, having an adventure and going home got so boring. /brick'd
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links