The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 17th, 2012, 07:25 AM
awolfsquared
This time I might just disappear.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Lately I've been addicted to The Underground in Sinnoh. Mining is a really fun minigame and I've figured out the system for getting the biggest spheres. I also like the concept of having a secret base Underground. I have a pretty cool secret base underground.
I have never done the Multiplayer because I don't have any people with a copy of Diamond, Pearl or Platinum for Wireless Communication.

Have you ever done anything in The Underground? If so, how often and what do you while under there? Do you just mine or do Multiplayer with friends? Have you made a secret base Underground?

awolfsquared "And I'm feeling like a ghost. And it's what I hate the most."
My Blog| EGC | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to

Last edited by awolfsquared; November 17th, 2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old November 17th, 2012, 08:43 AM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
It was fun, but not really alone. Unless you had a few friends around to play with it was kinda boring.
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old November 17th, 2012, 08:58 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I liked the Underground; it gave me something else to focus on other than the main storyline. After arriving in Eterna and receiving the Explorer's Kit, I remember not leaving the Underground until I got a Skull/Armor Fossil.

Old November 17th, 2012, 09:02 AM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
I liked the Underground; it gave me something else to focus on other than the main storyline. After arriving in Eterna and receiving the Explorer's Kit, I remember not leaving the Underground until I got a Skull/Armor Fossil.
oh yeah the fossils, those where fun to collect. Got like 10 Old Ambers if I remember correctly
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old November 17th, 2012, 09:46 AM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
I loved the underground. One of my many favorite features of gen 4. I remember making my base super awesome, but at the same time super booby-trapped :P, cuz i played wireless with my bro.
Old November 17th, 2012, 11:11 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I actually really like the underground! Not as much now, but I used to spend forever digging up rare items and the like, always looking for the fossils I would probably never use! It was awesome to find thunderstones or shards or revives, and it was so disappointing when it caved in before you got what you really wanted. I also liked to purposely trigger the traps, as I found it fun to go zooming backwards, or have to pop bubbles!

I only made a secret base to appease the old man, so I've never gotten the FULL benefits of the underground. Some day I'll try the twoplayer aspect of it (hopefully!)
Old November 17th, 2012, 04:58 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
It was interesting at first, but since i had no one else to play with (no Wi-fi) or a local DS then it got stale pretty quickly for me. I like the idea of being able to edit your own secret base and collect items that you wouldn't normally find on the outside world, but if they made it a bit more single-player friendly in regards to capturing flags and whatnot, I'm sure it would've been a much bigger success. In saying that, it wasn't horrible, I think it just needed a few adjustments to make it more enjoyable for those without wi-fi or a local DS/friend to play with.
Old November 17th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Hikamaru
dude, woman up!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I liked the Underground, especially the items you pick up.

However, it wasn't all that fun for me since my brother never plays Pokemon, therefore leaving me on my own and with not much to do.
Old November 17th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
The Underground :D. The Underground equals one of the best additional optional features ever in the entire existence of the series. It was fun and had me gripped on my Platinum for hours exploring underground, finding cool items and discovering fossils. It helped me with evolutions with the stones, got me some helpful team members and much more. I loved playing with my friends underground just laughing our heads off as we were silly with traps and other nifty gadgets.

The flag snatching game was especially fun, it tested all your skills with stratergy and defence. But my favourite would be the Secret Base, it's pretty much like owning your own house except you can put whatever inside. I loved decorating it all the time, trying to jazz it up.

So yeah to sum it up, the Underground was an amazing feature and I demand to know why it wasn't in B/W and B/W2 D:<.
. :p
Old November 17th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
I loved the mining aspect of the Underground, and there were times when I would play the game just to try to mine some cool items. I also liked that the Secret Bases were brought back from R/S/E, even if I didn't find them quite as interesting this time around. As for the multiplayer part of the Underground, I was never able to utilise it, as I didn't know anyone that had the Sinnoh-based games.

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old November 18th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I enjoyed the prospecting section of The Underground and you could get some pretty awesome in-game items from it, but that's about as far as the enjoyment went for me. I didn't find the whole traps/traders/spheres/bases/flags (basically just multiplayer stuff) element of the underground very appealing since I never had anyone to play them with, so it just felt like a whole area of the game that I'd never be able to complete and that was a big let down, plus all the endless running around grew tiresome quickly, so this really wasn't a section of the game that I paid much attention to.
Old November 21st, 2012, 06:02 PM
Starfury
dear, only you don't know.
Community Supporter

Ah yes, those were the good times where I would spend hours mining without realising it. Only problem is that there were Heart Scales everywhere! Most the spots I mined had a HS in it. x__X"

And I did make a secret base, but it was kind of lame. Mainly because I've never used the Internet for my Nintendo DS before and couldn't move those stupid boulders.

I remember burying my sapphires and leaving them for weeks so they would all be size 99. Then I'd go and buy all the goods I wanted. :D

So ya... It was fun.

VMFAMILYPAIRCREDITPM
Old November 22nd, 2012, 03:35 PM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
I liked the abundancee of Heart scales as I used them a lot! Seems there had been a lot of dead Luvdisc back in the day though. =p

The Underground was a neat addition, and one that delayed my beating of the game. XD A good way to get a bunch of items like the shards and fossils too, and it was addictively fun.

Neat capture the flag music too; pity that it was local wifi only and bases weren't as good as in RSE.
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old November 23rd, 2012, 12:00 AM
Pinta77
Swadloon Trainer
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
I loved the underground, but I had no one to play with locally. And does it work with wifi? Basically, if I had people to go underground with I'd definitely still play it.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old November 23rd, 2012, 04:07 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

I loved the underground in Fourth gen. It was a good way for me to waste a few hours search for those evo stones and fossils even though I never had anyone to play with in the underground.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:58 AM
johnnyman

I liked the Underground, it was fun alone and with friends (over Wi-Fi)

This would be something I would like to see in the next (few) games.

To take this test, click here.

To take the old test, click here.
Old November 24th, 2012, 02:28 PM
flyer1228

Nature: Serious
I used to go down there ALOT. I have tons of sphears and don't know what to do with them.

File Trade: Yes!
IGN: Flyer 3DS FC: 4012 5240 1274 TSV: 0538
Old November 24th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Rissa_Napier23
The Lass Class Trainer

I love the underground, one of my favorite parts of the game! Finding fossils and heart scales and Revives always made me really happy. XD

And you guys should check out my Journey fic, Long Road to Ruin!
Old November 26th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Sheep
im actually a foot model

Nature: Timid
Omg, I loved the underground. Like, a lot. n~n It was always fun to see what kind of stones or fossils you could find and I spent a lot of my Diamond/Pearl playing time in the underground! Definitely a great feature that I miss. Never made a base but I do recall playing with my friend a few times.

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Avatar by Lilith | Signature by Achromatic
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Lyritsu
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Rash
The underground was fun, but I never really went down to play it often, my sis was the one stealing my DS and playing.
The only time I went down was to get spiritomb
Spoiler:
going down and speaking to one person and going up again. fifty times. unless you have more DS and cardtridges, that took quite awhile for me...

It got boring after awhile honestly, because I don't always bring my DS out with friends...
Old November 29th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
I go down there when I have to, which is pretty much only when you first get the Explorer Kit. It's kinda boring though with all the running around, so I don't go underground otherwise.

Old December 1st, 2012, 04:13 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

I used to spend my (Platinum) life down there, digging stuff up and trying to pimp my Secret Base, using my old Pearl file to shamelessly steal flags from so I could move those boulders. I eventually did get my base outfitted exactly the way I wanted it, but after that (and getting a whole load of Heart Scales, Shards, and evolution stones) I really haven't been back down there in awhile. Maybe I should fire up the 'ol Platinum and make a visit to my old Secret Base

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old December 2nd, 2012, 06:46 AM
TheWaffleKiing
Pokemon Lets Player :)

Send a message via Skype™ to TheWaffleKiing
well i used to mine but occasionally i robbed flags off my freinds it was really fun i think platnium was my Favorite of all the games
Old December 5th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Zeyon
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
I was thinking about doing some Underground Running. If anyone is interested in tagging along (if you're able to via Friend Code), by all means; go ahead and add me. We can try to work something out. I haven't really done anything in the Underground, but I need to. >.>

HeartGold, Black, and Black 2 FC's Coming Soon!
Old December 6th, 2012, 07:41 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Pffft I don't even bother with spheres. If I notice one, I don't even try to finish digging it up. My only use for the underground is digging up evolution stones, fossils (for the money), revives, etc.

But I can make good money off of that. My main source of money is stealing items from wild Staryu, though.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links