Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 10th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Magius

Advertise here
Here are some tools I made for B/W ROM hacking.

BWME edits trainer mugshot sprites.

BWOE edits trainer overworld sprites.

BWSE edit front/back trainer battle sprites.

BWTE edits trainers and their Pokemon.

http://www.mediafire.com/?r1rtg5r97lem55e

Last edited by DrFuji; December 22nd, 2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Updating download link
Old April 10th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Prof.David
Beginning Trainer

Wow great tools!Maybe in about 2-3 years time hack gen 4 and gen 5 will be like hacking gen 3 is now.
Lord N:You are hurting your Pokemon,do you just think this is some kind of game?!

Me:Yes....
Old April 10th, 2011, 03:54 PM
ANinyMouse

Posting here, as well, to congratulate your hard work! This is gonna be huge.
Old April 10th, 2011, 06:51 PM
IronTrapinch
Beginning Trainer

Oooh! the trainer sprite editer gives me some great ideas! (all 3 striaton gym leaders in 1 sprte, and a triple/rotation battle for thr gym!)
Hey guys, I just bought Pokemon Red and Blue Versions (the new games that came out last week) and what the freak is up with the new Pokemon? A rock with arms? A magnet that evolves into three magnets? A bird that grows a head when it evolves? A pile of sludge? A literal Pokeball with a face? What is Jynx supposed to be? And really GameFreak, a mime? Is that the best you can do? I remember when the Pokemon looked good in first gen Black and White. These suck! Bring back the old ones.
Old April 11th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
Awesome tool. Its amazing to see 4th & 5th generation tools.

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old April 11th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Magius

Back sprites are in same format as front sprites, and BWSE can edit those too :)

a/0/7/3 Back Sprites.
Old April 11th, 2011, 08:28 PM
IronTrapinch
Beginning Trainer

All are easy to use, except the Sprite editor, (Mainly trying to edit Chili, Cress, Cilan, Burgh, Roughneck, schoolkid, lass, waitress, scientist(F), swimmer (F), Ranger (M), Scientist (M), and Cynthia) but the Sprite Editer shows them as a mass of pixels, it's probally because I can't read what the Compressor says, but I know it worked on 001 (Hilbert, which showed up right) but not 081(Chili, who showed up as a long line of pixels) why is that?
Hey guys, I just bought Pokemon Red and Blue Versions (the new games that came out last week) and what the freak is up with the new Pokemon? A rock with arms? A magnet that evolves into three magnets? A bird that grows a head when it evolves? A pile of sludge? A literal Pokeball with a face? What is Jynx supposed to be? And really GameFreak, a mime? Is that the best you can do? I remember when the Pokemon looked good in first gen Black and White. These suck! Bring back the old ones.
Old April 12th, 2011, 01:06 AM
andibad
Unhatched Egg

@iron trapinch: i fine with this tools, i gruping a sprite set for easy to search. i can edit all sprite as i like....
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:04 AM
IronTrapinch
Beginning Trainer

Now, I have the sprites in properly, but the game freezes when it tries to load the Mugsprites, I didn't even edit Bianca, but it won't load her, it just freezes and plays the music.
Old April 12th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Magius

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTrapinch View Post
Now, I have the sprites in properly, but the game freezes when it tries to load the Mugsprites, I didn't even edit Bianca, but it won't load her, it just freezes and plays the music.
are you compressing the sprite data and leaving the palette data uncompressed?
Old April 12th, 2011, 07:46 PM
IronTrapinch
Beginning Trainer

I can't tell tbh, the Trainer Sprite Compressor is in a different Language, and When I use Kiwi to DeCopmress with the Mugs, there's a lot .lz files that appear and don't disapear when re-compressing, I'm going to try again tonight with a clean Black Rom, and see if I can't make some progress. (For the record, making the sprites look right in the editors is no sweat, it's the lack of proper compression training on my end, and I can't find proper tutorials for it either, OW was no issue, but Mugs and Trainers are giving me such trouble).
Old June 12th, 2011, 04:07 AM
/art-56/
magik leafer

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to /art-56/
pleas give me video-tutorial:
1) editing front/back trainer battle sprites.
2) Mugsho sprite editing
pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeas
Old June 29th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Krotar
Beginning Trainer

This SEEMS like just what I need (I just wanna swap the default guy trainer with my own sprite sheet) but I have absolutely no idea how to work this. It may be easy to use for seasoned hackers, but it's not very newbie friendly (I don't even know what a narc is >_< ) I take it a Narc is different than a ROM, which means I'm pretty much SOL when it comes to using this?
Nevermind! Guess they were easier to use than I thought! '

Last edited by Krotar; July 5th, 2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:47 PM
jvpski3
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Relaxed
You rule! Thank you for the tools!

Also, Nitro Explorer was created by me. So, go on my website right next to my username. Thanks for the tools, too! My new filespace sucks. I am gonna make a new one soon.

Last edited by jvpski3; July 7th, 2011 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 09:13 AM
ShinyDragonsDen
Beginning Trainer

Errrm im having a major problem with the trainer edit. For some odd reason, after i edit a trainer, (note: its a random trainer per rom?) the trainers eye would catch me, but nothing would happen, as if the battle event isnt there? i dont mess with the unknown slots with the trainer but right now i dont know what to do about the trainer ( In the first gym, the first trainer needs editting....). Also
Abit off subject is there an Event edit for black and white? I need to edit and add just a couple off events to my hack.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:00 AM
metalflygon08
BIG PECKS

just figured I'd note, the sprite editor works on BW2 games too, a/0/0/4

(it's got a scarf on now);

Current Fakemon Creation
Old November 19th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Lifesolstice
Magikarp Tail

Nature: Naughty
Wow, amazing tools! They will definitely become huge in V generation hacking! Congratulations on these amazing tools! (:

They aren't easy things tools to use though. They also aren't extremely hard though, either.
Old November 20th, 2012, 03:48 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
Lifesolstice, please don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for over a month.

Magius, if you would like this thread to be reopened then just message either myself or giradialkia.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here