The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old November 8th, 2012, 06:42 AM
adventure
trust your doctor

Nature: Naive
ARLA

Before she could stop herself, the pink haired girl gasped and fell back down into her seat as she saw Dusk's strange eye. But she quickly put on a brave face again, looking persistently at him to make him understand that she wasn't just a little girl he could scare easily.

"Yes, this Poochyena is real. His name is Hige..." Dusk said, not even looking at the additional pancakes he had been offered. "I've never seen another one, but I know they exist... That bird-guy in the air was using one..."

Arla had to think for a moment to understand what he meant. Then her eyes widened. "That guy who was above us just when you appeared? So there was something strange about him! I knew it."

She got up and started pacing forth and back. Corwas and Banko watched her, Banko's round eyes simply following her happily, while Corwas was getting annoyed after just a matter of seconds. All of a sudden, the little Seedot tackled Arla's leg, making her jump.

"Oh... Well, hrm. Dusk," she said, looking from the pancakes on the table, to her pokémon, then back to the older guy. "I want to see you turn back into a pokémon, or what kind of hybrid you were. Because to be honest," she put her hand on her chest here, "that was a pretty mysterious and awesome thing to watch. And I'm not a foolish little girl - I know there's something going on in Hoenn these days! Even though my parents won't seem to admit it. They don't want me to be worried, I believe. But I'm not easily worried! I want to become a strong pokémon trainer instead of just being stuck in this... this tiny, boring town! That and... it would be cool to be able to shift into a pokéform together with one of my pokémon, like you can."

She hadn't been looking at Dusk the whole time she talked. Rather, she had started pacing forth and back agan, picking up the mantle she had left hanging on a chair before she started cooking pancakes. Now she put the mantle back on and looked up at Dusk. "Let's go outside. And there, would you please show me that transformation again?" She did her best to put on her polite and coherent tone.
Old November 8th, 2012, 08:07 AM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
DUSK
BURST Rogue of the Shadows

Was this girl trying to push him around? Who knows, but Dusk didn't seem to care all that much right now. He just gave a slight sigh and agreed silently, following her outside. He showed a complete lack of interest in her speech, and simply walked ahead outside. At least, for the most part, it didn't look like anyone was around. How annoying it would be to cause a scene. He pulled out Hige's BURST Heart, removed the black glove from his right hand, and placed the gem over his palm. It was slightly cool to the touch and relaxed him quickly. Pulling his glove back on he placed the gem between his palms and directly in front of his chest, namely at his heart.

Just like before, He began a roaring shout as he fused with the Poochyena, gaining many of the features, like yellow scleras (White of the Eye) and red irises, though his left eye was still highly dilated, making it look like a much darker red. His skin was soon gray/black and he gained a tail and some ears, his hair turning a dark grayish-black. His clothes were still intact, and his nails were now claws. He turned to the girl and stared, expecting a response. Of course, his stare was definitely levels more intimidating now.

Old November 8th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Nature: Gentle
Naren Warren

Naren grabbed the Pokeball with her Zigzagoon and silently hurried on, barely stopping to allow Zeus to climb up her arm, heading to Oldale Town with a rush of either adrenaline or embarrassment. Likely the second one, as she was vividly aware she had just mostly epic failed to battle, even though it had ended with her catching the Pokemon. What did I just do? she thought miserably, feeling Zeus bouncing on her shoulder

Anyone else would have been proud of their accomplishment. But she was frightened, incredibly so. Her mother could have seen it. And then she would get caught and dragged away. That was just... that was just not allowed. She didn't want to go home now, not again, not after everything they had worked together to do. That really wasn't much either, but still. Zeus, utterly confused, proceeded to nip at her ear. She ignored this until she reached the inside of the Oldale Pokemon Center where she promptly slumped into a chair.

"Goodness child, was a lad chasing you," exclaimed a patron as she panted for air. She had just run the length of a field after all.. Naren shook her head weakly, gently patting Zeus' head in apology. "Well don't frighten your Pokemon anymore. Poor thing's probably lost years off." Zeus glared at her, indicating that he was perfectly fine and he did not need the patronizing tone from a mere peasant. Naren however, only gave a shy smile, uncertain as how to reply to this woman. Shaking her head, the woman left, even as Naren's lips twitched to speak. She said nothing for a few moments before going up to the counter.

"Zeus," the young woman murmured, holding up the Pokeball. Zeus glared at her now. Like he was going in that thing again. She fidgeted before the nurse reached the counter.

"Oh don't you worry now," soothed the nurse, who had just arrived from the back room. "I can take care of them just fine right here." Without hesitation she took the two Pokemon away to be healed, Zeus squirming the whole way. Naren managed an exhausted giggle and waited for a while, not seeing a pale red aura in her peripheral vision. She would have probably screamed if she did because seeing that from the corner was always weird on the eyes. The nurse came back moments later, carrying the two. Both Pokemon were out of their balls and glaring at each other. If looks could kill, she thought with a sigh. Looking at the Zigzagoon, the fur stuck up oddly in all directions, not like its spikes, but more like tangles. She would have to brush him out. Taking the pair from the poor woman's arms, she went to a spare room to deposit the two critters on the floor. Instantly the two squared off, pacing around in an attempt to likely beat the daylights out of each other again.

"W-Wait," she protested, causing them to stare at her incredulously. "Your fur's messed up Herm's. Zeus too..." They looked at her again. So? "Hard to fight all messed up." Honestly she didn't want them to fight at all but she'd distract them somehow.

Naren quietly sprayed the Zigzagoon's fur. "S'rry 'bout that Hermes," she murmured in its ear, sitting down unceremoniously on the grass. Zeus huffed. He wasn't. Gently the rubbed the sprayed liquid onto the spiky hairs, carefully remembering not to eat anything until she washed her hands afterward. The beady black eyes locked briefly on Zeus and narrowed, growling softly with distaste. However, he didn't move from his spot, rather content to let Naren continue... whatever it was she was doing.

It growled at her gently. "Not your fault that guy's a nutter," sneered the little raccoon. "I feel sorry for you kiddo." Zeus turned up his nose at her with a snort, smirk lacing dangerously over his adorable features.

"Oh excuse me," he huffed. "May I remind you I kicked your furry rear across the route and fried you like a bunch of Miltank burgers?"

"Yes you did," replied the Zigzagoon loftily, rolling onto his back and causing Naren to reflexively smile and scratch the upturned stomach. He knew how these humans worked by now. "But I got your tail." Zeus glared angrily at the creature, knowing only the Pokeball on his idiot human's waist prevented him from turning the rat in front of him into charcoal. That and he would accidentally fry Naren. As weird as she was, she didn't deserve that.

There was a sudden burst of color out of the corner of Naren's eyes. She turned her head to see a boy staring at her Pokemon. The male seemed completely uninterested in her. That was perfectly fine, as she wasn't quite sure how to take him in. His colors blurred and melded together, excitement, pleasure, indifference, curiosity. Naren wondered and tilted her head slowly from the floor, goggle lenses glinting in the sunlight. She observed him from her seat rather childishly.

The boy didn't glance at her long, only sidelong and smiled before exiting. Well that was weird.

Old November 9th, 2012, 05:24 AM
adventure
trust your doctor

Nature: Naive
ARLA

Arla watched in amazement how Dusk merged with the pokémon called Hige and gained yellow and red eyes, a tail and furry ears like a Poochyena. At that moment, the little girl decided that this was what made life worth living. Not Dusk transforming, no. But mysterious things happening. She already knew before that she wanted to get out into the world and experience things - that was why she had become a pokémon trainer. But now she knew exactly what she wanted too.

"That's pretty cool," she said, trying to sound indifferent but failing a little. "Thanks!"

She sent her pokémon back into their pokéballs and smiled determinedly at the other teenager. "I've decided! I'm going to travel and learn more about those heart thingys. And then I'm going to find one for myself!"

She had already packed when she left her home earlier today, so she had her bag and everything ready and looked down the street that eventually led out from the city to the west. The weather was getting windier and some clouds were starting to dot the afternoon sky. There was time for one more expedition this day. She didn't wnat to sleep at home though; no, she would sleep in the outdoors like a real trainer! No matter if she ended up close to Oldale at the end of the day or not. She glanced over at Dusk again.

"I'm leaving town. North... to catch some pokémon for my team," she said, holding up a pokéball as if to emphasize her intentions. "What are you going to do now? Chase down that... bird man? I'd like to find him too... maybe he knows more about these gems."
Old November 18th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Icy Burn
Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3

Nature: Jolly
Chapter 1 (Part 1) - James Jones

Littleroot Town

James Jones dashed into Littleroot Town, screaming, "I'm going to be late! No!". Now, who was this strange individual? He was a small, 16 year old teenager from Kanto, who had been invited to Professor Birch's Lab to receive his very own Pokemon. He had wanted one since he was a toddler - he used to think that they were aliens from the galaxy of "Hongjiang" in the Milky Way - they were just so extraordinary, some were strong and powerful, some were small and cute. Some Pokemon shaped the universe that we lived in today.

Bolting to the Professor's Lab like lightning, James fell straight through the wooden door head first, causing commotion inside. He had knocked a young lady carrying a tray of Pokeballs towards a large, ornate table in the centre of the room.

"Oooooooops ..." James murmured, "I'm so, so sorry!" He politely helped pick up the Pokeballs strewn across the floor.

"And who might you be?" a voice from the back of the Lab said, making James jump.

"I'm James Jones, where are you?" he questioned.

The voice suddenly jumped from the shadows at the back, making James jump once more. "I'm here!" he grinned. "I was wondering when you would show up, many of the other people I had invited came days ago. Anyway, I'm Professor Birch, the Pokemon Professor of Hoenn! And you are James, as you've already said ... I presume you've came for your Pokemon?"

"Of course!" James exclaimed. "I've already decided which of them I want, and I know that me and that Pokemon will be friends for life! May I collect it now?"

"Yes, yes!" he pointed over there. "Over there is the partner that will accompany you for your journey, choose wisely."

James walked over to the Pokeball, realizing there was only two left. He already knew which one he wanted, so he grasped the one labelled "TORCHIC". He thrust into the air with glee, and laughed, "I chose Torchic!"

Last edited by Icy Burn; November 20th, 2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old November 19th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Littleroot Town

As the structures of Littleroot Town came into view, Jupe's heart thumped a little. It was the day he would get a pokemon, his own pokemon. The dream he had yearned from childhood was coming true finally. Without wasting anymore time, he jumped the ledges of Route 101 and dashed into the town.

It wasn't at all what he had seen in his few hours in Hoenn. There were a few houses, and a large white building with glass doors. Not many people were outside, and all of them looked like lab assistants (at least by the clothes they were wearing). A sweet aroma was coming from one of the houses on the left, but without paying any attention to it, he headed into the lab.

As he entered the lab, he collided with a boy of his age. A pokeball fell from the boy's hands, and rolled towards Jupe. It was labeled TORCHIC. Jupe returned his pokeball and said sorry. Jupe thought that he was another trainer invited by Professor Birch. "Professor Birch.. Oh no, he is waiting for me!", Jupe thought. Through the hall, he entered the only room and he was quite surprised. . .

Instead of finding a man in lab coats, he found a man in olive shorts and blue t shirt.

"Hello there.. Are you my new assistant?"

"No. I'm Jupiter."

"The planet? Bu.."

"My name is Jupiter Collins. You invited me to your lab."

"Oh yes. Now I remember. Jupiter Collins from Olivine City in Johto. I have heard you don't have a pokemon yet. Why don't you choose one from the tray? Many trainers, even one just a few minutes ago have chosen their partner.

Jupe saw there were only two pokeballs in the tray. Without hesitation he picked up the one with MUDKIP.

"Mudkip, I chose you!!!"

Jupiter let Mudkip out. He seemed to have mild nature. Professor Birch said, "While you are at it, why don't you give him a nickname?"

"Hmm.. nickname. How about Waterhorse?". Mudkip swayed his head in dislike.

"Ok.. Aquaseas.". Mudkip waited for some moments then nodded.

"Lets go Aquaseas.."

"No wait for a moment.", the professor handed him 10 pokeballs and a strange object, "It is a Pokegear. It is a high tech encyclopedia that automatically records data on any pokemon you have seen or caught."

"Thank you Professor. Thank you very much."

"Take good care of Mudkip."

"I will Professor." Jupiter left the lab with a big heart.

Route 101

After getting out of the lab, Jupe took a better look at Mudkip. Mudkip was still looking at him in a strange manner.

"Hello there Aquaseas. My name is Jupiter. You can call me Jupe." The pokemon seemed quite unresponsive. "Hmm.. You are not used to me yet. Here, take this..", Jupe gave Aquaseas a berry. He sniffed it for a few times but didn't eat it.

"Hello there Aquaseas. My name is Jupiter. You can call me Jupe." The pokemon seemed quite unresponsive. "Hmm.. You are not used to me yet. Here, take this..", Jupe gave Aquaseas a berry. He sniffed it for a few times but didn't eat it.

"It is called a berry. These are really tasty", he took a bite of the berry, "See this, I too love berries." This seemed to have an effect on Mudkip, who first took a piece of it. Quickly his facial expression changed and he gulped the whole berry and looked at Jupe in a friendly manner.

"You like it, don't you? Here have another one." Jupiter smiled seeing the bond between him and Aquaseas grow strong. In a few moments, they were walking in the grass of Route 101. Aquaseas was now quite fond of Jupe. The pair noticed a lone Lotad near the water. "Go Aquaseas, here's your chance.", he scans Aquaseas, "So you know Tackle, Sludge, and Protect. Use TACKLE!" Aquaseas charged towards the unsuspecting Lotad. It slammed onto it, and the big leaf pokemon rolled down. With great difficulty, it stood up, and immediately tackled the Mudkip. They continued tackling each other until Jupe ordered Aquaseas to use Sludge. It was very effective on the Lotad, which slowly dragged itself into the water. "You are getting on the groove, congratulations!"

Jupe gave him another berry. Aquaseas jumped up and down seeing it, berry has turned into his favourite food. Suddenly he freezed and stared at a shrub. Jupe looked at the shrub Aquaseas was staring at. Two red eyes were visible in it, and suddenly a burst of flame hit the Mudkip. The assilant jumped out of the shrub, a Poochyena. "Oh no. It knows incinerate." Jupe said in a alarmed tone. Poochyena's attack didn't cause much damage to Aquaseas, but have completely destroyed the berry he was going to eat. Even though he was mild natured, he got incredibly angry seeing his going-to-be food destroyed. Without hesitation he pummeled onto the Poochyena with mad rage. It was thrown a few meters ahead and again Aquaseas charged ahead without giving the Poochyena time to recover. It bit the Mudkip's fin and Aquaseas cried in pain. He violently shook himself trying to get the Poochyena off. Finally he ran towards a tree and rammed the Poochyena on the trunk. Then Aquaseas constantly used Sludge until the wild Poochyena became drowsy and sedated with the poison. Jupe chucked a pokeball at it. . . . . .

Last edited by Bleacher; November 19th, 2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Icy Burn

Chapter 1 (Part 2) - James Jones

Littleroot Town

"Ah, Torchic!" he said. "A bit disobedient at first, but an excellent choice for a trainer like you, James!"

"I know it will be great!" he grinned, and sent Torchic out from her Pokeball. "Hi there, Torchic!"

The Torchic rudely turned her back towards James, and grunted, "Torchic!".

"So ... the hard type to please, eh?" James questioned. "I can cope with that, sure. Sooner or later, we'll get to know each other better! Now, what shall I name you? ... Hmmm."

"Ah! I suggest you travel out onto Route 101 before you name Torchic, just so you'll have an idea of how she acts and her personality."

"Hmm, I suppose that's not a bad idea ... Off to Route 101!" James proudly marched towards the door, but then another boy around his age collided with him. "Oh, sorry ..." they both mumbled. James then flung open the door, the sunlight hurting his eyes a bit.

"Wait! Wait!" the Professor darted back out. "I didn't have time to give you this," he handed him 10 Pokeballs, "and this!" James was handed a small, peculiar looking device.

"What's this?"

"That, is the Pokegear! A High Tech Encyclopedia that will record data about the Pokemon you see and catch, it's a new invention of mine!"

"So ... I'm basically your guinea pig for your invention that might not even work? What if it blows up?"

"Erhm ..." the Professor looked embarassed."I can assure you that it won't blow up, and I suppose you are a kind of Guinea Pig, yes ..."

"Oh, alright, thanks Professor!" and him and his newly acquired Torchic strode towards Route 101.

Route 101

"So then, Torchic, how about a little bit of training against some wild Pokemon? Apparently it's a good way to start your journey, I saw it on a documentary."

Torchic wasn't listening. James thought this wasn't good, the first moments with your starter Pokemon should be happy, not the Pokemon ignoring you. "What's wrong, Torchic?", but James didn't get an answer. He saw the boy who had collided into him earlier fighting a Lotad, but James didn't bother to get his attention as he looked far to concentrated on his battle.

"Well, I might as well have a look at your moves, there's no point if we go into battle and I command you a move that you don't even have ..." he said to himself. "So ... You have Agility, Toxic and Ember, and your Ability is Blaze. Ni-" But James couldn't finish his sentence, because at that very moment a wild Poochyena appeared!

"Holy mother!" James exclaimed, and Torchic gave him a strange look. "Please, please get into battle Torchic, please!"

Torchic looked at James, then at Poochyena, then at James, and then at Poochyena again. She must have been deciding whether or not she should get into battle. To James' suprise, she actually hopped into battle.

"Thankyou, Torchic!" James said, he almost had tears in his eyes. "Ok ... Torchic, use Toxic!" a stream of purple liquid squirted from Torchic's mouth, covering the Poochyena in the purple sludge.

Poochyena didn't look happy.

The Poochyena suddenly sweeped Torchic off her feet with a quick Tackle, and when she managed to get up again, he did it again, and again, and again. Torchic did not look too good. "Torchic, use Agility, run around Poochyena then use Ember!"

She spun around Poochyena, confusing him, and then set his tail alight with Ember. It howled it pain and anger, and bit Torchic's arm, and wouldn't let go, "Shake him off, then hit him with another Ember!", and she did. They both looked exhausted now, but James did what he had to do.

"Go, Pokeball!" he threw the Pokeball through the air, and it closed around Poochyena, and it wibbled, and it wobbled, and ...

Old November 19th, 2012, 01:10 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Ju Ju - Attempt at Catching a Poochyena

Quote:
Poochyena had all but lost its defenses from the repeated Sludge attacks. Oh, Arceus—it got in my mouth! Agh, it's in my mouth! EUGH! IT TASTES WORSE THAN POOP! ACH! I SWALLOWED IT! it screamed, unable to contain its disgust when it started feeling a little loopy. Thinking the poor Mudkip was a sandwich now (Sludge is one hell of a drug), Poochyena did little more than try and chew through him until the Pokéball sealed him inside. With all of the Sludge, and a lack of defenses to break out with, Poochyena was successfully caught. It'll be a while before the Sludge wears off though, even at a Pokémon Center — it did swallow it.

Capture Get!

Level 6
Rattled
- Tackle
- Howl
- Incinerate
James Jones - Attempt at Catching a Poochyena

Quote:
It had fought a tough battle, but a quick one. Poisoned and burnt like an over-cooked dinner, the Poochyena was nearly knocked unconscious just from the smack of the Pokéball hitting it in the face! Regardless, its remaining shreds of will showed no signs of giving in yet, and broke free of the capsule! Surely, Torchic was going to get angry over this — and even though it's obvious the little canine was struggling just to stand now, it still managed to run at Torchic and bite with all its weight, teeth coated in electricity. Maybe if James threw another Pokéball?

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old November 20th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

"YEAHHH..", Jupe almost shouted seeing the pokeball click. He finally caught his first pokemon. Aquaseas was still angry at the Poochyena, seeing the pokemon go inside the pokeball, he knocked it several times so that the Poochyena gets out for battle. "Here's your prize Aquaseas..", Jupe handed him his second last berry, ".. You may play in that pond while I have some work." Aquaseas nodded and went off for the water, its favourite place.

Jupe now let Poochyena out of his pokeball. As soon as the bite pokemon materialised, it immediately puked out a load of sludge. "Holy Mother! What do I do now?", Jupe thought frantically, until an idea struck his mind. He took out some salt and a bottle of water, mixed it throughly to make a quite concentrated salt solution. Then, almost forcefully, made Poochyena drink it. Immediately under the effect of salt solution, it continued puking out barrage of the sludge and undigested food (eeewwww!). Finally it stopped vomiting and laid defeated on the ground.

"At least I could get out the sludge from your stomach. Now part two.", Jupiter gave Poochyena some fresh water which the pokemon drank with utmost difficulty. He then took out a berry juicer. It was given by his mom who said that berry juice is a more effective healing item. Jupe crushed a Pecha Berry and mixed the juice with his only potion. He then offered the modified potion to the pokemon. Jupe nodded and in a almost whispering tone, "Please.. Drink it Poochyena.. ". It looked into Jupiter's eyes and saw the concern, the friendliness.. and drank it. . . . .

A painfull moment of suspense followed. Finally the Poochyena opened his eyes. The potion and pecha berry had worked! "Yes! I did it! Hey Aquaseas come here.." The Mudkip swiftly came to them. It was again going to be agitated on seeing the Poochyena, but nothing of that sort happened. Instead he licked Poochyena's face. Jupiter's smile got bigger, "You are very nice Aquaseas..", he looks at Poochyena, ".. Now what shall I name you?" The pokemon raised its ears, a sign of interest. "How about Scorcher, since you burnt Aquaseas berry?" Scorcher seemed a bit embarassed, and nodded. Aquaseas lightly tackled the Poochyena and the two pokemon were soon rolling on the ground, playing. Jupiter couldn't help but smile how the two enemies some time ago became so good friends.

They started walking towards Oldale Town. Scorcher and Aquaseas were running around him, trying to bite each other, a game they just had invented. Jupe found a berry tree, and started filling his berry pouch while Aquaseas watched him and Scorcher had found a berry lying on the ground. Suddenly Scorcher yelped! Looking at his direction, Jupe saw that the berry Scorcher found was a SEEDOT!!! Scorcher was quite frightened, and it had activated his ability 'Rattled'. Motioning Aquaseas to wait, Jupe said, "Here is your chance Scorcher, use incinerate." A burst of flame was shot out by the Poochyena but the Seedot dodged it.

"Dang it! Use Incinerate again." But again the Seedot dodged it.

"Hmm.. Okay. Use Howl then go as near to Seedot as possible." Scorcher was quite angry seeing his attacks being dodged, he used howl and ran towards Seedot with his boosted attack and speed.

"Very good! Now use Bite and throw him in the air." Scorcher's teeth dug into the Seedot, he quickly shook the enemy in his mouth a few times and threw him up horizontally.

"Yeah! Now use incinerate repeatedly!" Continued bursts of flame striked the Seedot and almost roasted it before it dropped on the ground with a thump.

"GO POKEBALL!" Jupe cried as the Seedot disappeared with a bright red flash.

Last edited by Bleacher; November 20th, 2012 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 20th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Icy Burn

Chapter 1 (Part 3) James Jones

Route 101

The Pokeball shook, it wobbled, it looked like it was doing a sort of ... dance, but despite the poison covering Poochyena and his scorched fur, he managed to break free from the capsule. The Poochyena didn't look happy, neither did Torchic.

"Damn ..." James grunted. "Let's finish this off, Torchic, Agility then Ember, again and again!"

Torchic spun circles around Poochyena, to it's left, right, left again, and Poochyena was very confused. Torchic then just about finished off the Poochyena with the finishing ember, and Poochyena looked exhausted.

"Now, let's finish what we started!" James said triumphantly, "Go, Pokeball!" and the Pokeball flung through the air.

Everything then seemed to go in slow motion, the Pokeball slowly opened around Poochyena, the seal clicked shut, and then it wibbled, it wobbled, it shook, "Come on ... come on ..." and the Poochyena was ...

Old November 20th, 2012, 11:45 AM
TornZero

Ju Ju - Attempt at Catching a Seedot

Quote:
Angry, but unable to fight back properly, Seedot broke out of the Pokéball with its remaining strength and fled the battle! Another day, Ju Ju. Another day.

James Jones - Attempt #2 at Catching a Poochyena

Quote:
Dazed, cooked medium-rare, poisoned and pooped out, the poor Poochyena couldn't fight anymore. Falling to the ground as it tried to bite at Torchic's legs again, the Pokéball consumed it and started wiggling. It seemed like forever passed before it stopped with a satisfying bleep.

Level 7
Quick Feet
- Tackle
- Howl
- Thunder Fang

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.

Last edited by TornZero; November 21st, 2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Icy Burn

Chapter 1 (Part 4) - James Jones

Route 101

If this Poochyena didn't get in the Pokeball now ... wow. It had been burned, poisoned and confused, and if it managed all of that without being captured - wow ... again. Him and Torchic had bonded in this battle, they had became closer. Before Torchic didn't even look at thim, and now they were battling together. "This is an improvement ...", he thought to himself happily.

It did the funny dance again, it wibbled, it wobbled, and the Pokeball made a satisfying clicking noise.

"Hooray!" he whooped as he jumped with glee. Torchic was hopping around in glee too. "I caught, a POOCHYENA!"

Torchic returned to it's Pokeball, and James dashed back to Littleroot Town and towards Professor Birch's Lab, Poochyena had it bad

Back at Littleroot Town

"Professor! Professor! I caught my first Pokemon, a Poochyena, but it's poisoned and burned and confused, can you heal it?" James blurted out quickly.

"Ah, James! You caught a Pokemon? Brilliant! But you want me to heal it ... come over here, over here ..." the Professor walked over to a strange looking machine, with 6 slots in, for 6 Pokeball's. He slotted Torchic and Poochyena's Pokeball into the machine, and flicked a switch on the back. The Pokeball's glowed for a second or two, and then he gave James them back.

"They're already fine?" James asked in shock.

"Yes, yes. This machine is very advanced. So, have you thought of names yet?"

That was a point. He hadn't yet decided a name for Poochyena nor Torchic, he then sent out the two of them and started calling out random names.

"Fire? Biter? Flame?" as he said "Flame", Torchic jumped up high in the air. "So, I'll call you Flame and for Poochyena ..." he called out random names once more. "Streak? Nipper? Shadow?" and as he said "Shadow", Poochyena jumped for joy.

"So, Flame and Shadow? Great! I'll see you soon, yes?"

"Yes Professor, of course!" and he walked back out of the Lab and back towards Route 101.

Route 101

James walked back down Route 101, with Flame happily on his shoulder and his Shadow walking next too him, like a dog. The next thing he wanted to do was battle. He didn't care who and when, but he wanted to have a Trainer battle. He then saw a trainer with his Pokemon, relaxing. It wasn't the boy who he had bumped into in the Lab, he was someone else. "This is it!" he said in his head. "I can battle this Trainer!".

He walked up towards the relaxed Trainer and said, "I challenge you to a battle!".

"Who are you?" he said with a posh tone.

"I'm James Jones, and I'm going to be the Pokemon Master!"

"Yeah, right. I'm Jimmy Kahn, and I'm going to thrash you in a battle ..." he grunted. "1 vs 1, I choose ... Ralts! Prepare for battle!" the Ralts walked up in front of James, Torchic and Poochyena and posed, like a statue.

"Ok ... Let's Battle, Shadow!" Poochyena plodded in front of Ralts, and tried to pose like her. Instead, he slipped over on the wet grass.

Jimmy sniggered. "Wow, this will be so easy!"

"Oh, be quiet." James said. "I'll start, being your being such a cow ..." as he said that, Jimmy scowled. "Shadow, Thunder Fang!"

Sparks lit up around Shadow's teeth, and he charged towards the Ralts, but it elegantly dodged Shadow. "Pathetic. Ralts, use Confusion!"

"Oh no ... Shadow, dodge, quick!" the confusion beams just missed him, and James sighed a sigh of relief. "Now, Thunder Fang again, and don't stop until you get a hit!

Ralts and Shadow were sending Confusion's and Thunder Fangs at each other for a while, until Shadow managed to bite down hard on Ralts. She groaned in pain.

"Ralts, now, CONFUSION!" and confusion beams were fired straight at them again.

"Shadow, Tackle the beams of Confusion and don't stop tackling Ralts!"

Shadow tackled hard on the beams, and a dust cloud appeared. Both Jimmy and James could hear groans of pain from inside the dust cloud, but didn't know who was winning. The dust eventually disappeared and they both looked like they were going to faint. They swayed a little bit, before both of them slumped to the ground, they had tied.

Old November 21st, 2012, 02:11 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

"Craaaaapp!", Jupiter exclaimed as the burnt, dazed, wounded Seedot hopped away and was not seen again. "How can it flee? Damn Arceus.. F#&%$@!", Jupe mumbled some more, incoherent things.

Scorcher too was disheartened at Seedot's escape. He hung his head, as if it was all his fault. Aquaseas went to cheer up his friend.

"Mud! Mud.. Kip."

"Pooch.."

"Kip?"

"Poo.. Yena!"

Jupe noticed this at walked towards him, "Hey Scorcher, you did really well. In fact, you were amazing.. See how he fled, he couldn't even battle you." Scorcher looked at him, and Jupiter smiled. . .

"You just don't know your capabilities yet. There.. See those two Pidgeys? They can't stand before you!"

The vocal tonic worked, Scorcher got ready once more.

"Use Incinerate and burn the branch they are perching on."

A bright orange flame spouted from Scorcher's mouth and hit the branch, burning it in the process and startling the two Pidgeys. The angry duo swooped overhead a few times to gain momentum and went for a tackle.

"Go Scorcher, Bite that Pidgey! Aquaseas, stop the other Pidgey with a Tackle!"

Aquaseas ran forward and took a jump. In a brilliant head-on collision, the Pidgey was stopped dead in its tracks, and thrown against a tree. With another tackle from Aquaseas, it fainted.

While Aquaseas battled, Scorcher bit the other Pidgey's leg and didn't let go. It tried to fly but in vain.

"Very good Scorcher. Now use incinerate to finish that pidgey off!"

The flame ball struck the Pidgey at point blank range, which immediately fainted.

"Yeah! Awesome coördination. See Scorcher, you did it. You too were great Aquaseas, congratulations you two!"

The two pokemon jumped up and down seeing their trainer so happy. Jupiter's eyes were scanning the surrounding area for a old tree, where the acorn pokemons generally live. . . .

And he found it finally. It was a shaggy looking old tree, some 12-13 meters away.

"Hey, want a surprise? Come on, follow me."

The two pokemon happily followed their trainer to the tree. It was much bigger and older than they had expected. It had a huge girth, branches thick as pillars. The leaves mostly were of a yellowish green shade.

Numerous pokemon were on the tree, or in its victinity. A bunch of Wurmple were munching its leaves, Pidgeys soared above it and perched to rest. Two Vulpix were playing around its trunk. But the pokemon he was searching for wasn't there, until..

His eyes struck an acorn on a higher branch. YES ITS A SEEDOT FINALLY!

"Go Poochyena.. Show your might.. There.. Use Incinerate.. Take aim. . . . Fire"

A bluish red fireball hit the Seedot clear. It cried in pain and fell with a low thud. It was dazed from the fall, Jupe didn't miss it.

"BITE it with all your strength!"

Scorcher jumped on the Seedot and bit it. His teeth came down on Seedot with sheer force, as if he used CRUNCH (?).

"Now just like you defeated Pidgey, use incinerate!"

Again Scorcher fired away at point blank range, the force making Seedot fly away a few feet. It was swaying, even then, it tried to tackle Scorcher.

"This will end it for good. Concentrate the flame in your mouth and blast away only when it comes near you."

Scorcher concentrated the fire, as the Seedot came near him. It was only a foot away.

"NOW!!!"

A huge blast of fire spouted out of Poochyena's mouth, sending the Seedot on flame. As the fire subsided, it was smoking, barely able to stand when Jupiter chucked a pokeball at it.

Last edited by Bleacher; November 21st, 2012 at 03:23 AM.
Old November 26th, 2012, 10:53 AM
TornZero

Ju Ju - Attempt at Catching a Seedot (Again)

Quote:
This was the same Seedot as last time! It may have been weaker, but it wasn't going down without a fight this time! Bide charged up against every burn, every strike, and just before the Pokéball landed Seedot slammed into Poochyena with the force of every Incinerate and Bite! Satisfied that it landed such a powerful hit, Seedot had no problem enjoying its new home as it believed it staked its claim as the new head of Ju Ju's party... even though it was still a child.

Level 4
Early Bird
- Bide
- Harden

Last edited by TornZero; November 29th, 2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Nature: Docile
Emma VanBoven
(Littleroot Town)
"Ahhh... Here at last." says Emma, entering Littleroot Town, while wishing she hadn't skipped lunch. She walks up to a man, and asks, "Excuse me, sir? You wouldn't happen to know where I could find Professor Birch's Lab, would you?"
The man says in an annoyed voice, "Just down this road,than make a left."
Emma replies, "Thank you, sir. I'll be on my way now." She walks down the road, and makes the left. She enters the lab, staring at the sheer amount of papers everywhere. "Excuse me? Professor Birch? Are you there?"
"Yes? Who is it?" said Prof. Birch, emerging from behind one of the bookcases.
"Hello, I'm Emma VanBoven, and I'm here to get my very first pokemon for my journey. May I see the choices?" says Emma enthusiastically, wondering about the choices.
"Emma? Oh yes, that Emma. Well, follow me." He leads her to the back yard, where there are 3 pokemon, Slugma, Feebas, and Phanpy. "They are all playing together right now, so which one do you want to take on your journey for the Pokemon League?" says the Prof.
"Oh, I don't want one for battling, I'm going to be a coordinator." Emma says as she observes the pokemon, carfulling deciding which she wants. "Oh my Arceus! That Phanpy is so cute with it's little ball!" She says as she watches the little pokemon play with it's ball. "I'll take him! And a sutable name for you would be... Hmm... I'll think of it later, but come on you little blue thing! We'll win the Wallace Cup for sure!" The Phanpy is excited that he was chosen, and cuddles up with Emma's leg.
"Well, here's Phanpy's pokeball, and some more for catching others along the way to Odale. Have a safe trip! Oh! I almost forgot! Here's a pokedex, for recording the data of pokemon you meet. Now, have a safe trip!" the Prof. says as Emma walks out of the lab.
"Bye! I promise to take good care of Phanpy!" Emma says, while thinking of a name for he Phanpy. "Well, Mr. Phanpy, what do you want to be called? How about Blue?" The pokemon shakes his head, "Sam? Roller?" The pokemon finally nods on the second one Emma had just mentioned. "Roller it is! Well, our journey starts here, let's go!"
"Phan! Phanpy!" says Roller in approval.

Old November 29th, 2012, 08:48 PM
TornZero

(Note: I do still ask Vato for approval on Eli catching her own Pokémon. I trust myself as little as I trust the rest of ya. xD)

Eli - Petalburg Woods

Eli left much earlier than Isla and Geoff did, and ran off to get some training in for everyone — herself included. During her meditation out on Route 104, Vex took out a Zigzagoon without much trouble, and Albion beat down a pair of them for himself, but they ended up chasing down a Taillow into Petalburg Woods when Eli failed a capture attempt.

"You know, if you actually listened to me we probably would have caught it on at least the second try, Derpy." The Psyduck was following behind an annoying Skitty and the Vulpix at Eli's side trying to tune them out. Between the "Duck" and "Miau!", it was difficult to tell which Pokemon was making Vex more agitated. When they caught up to the Taillow it was lost in a flock of them that were just flying away, and Eli kicked something in her mad dash to reach the bird.

It was a Wurmple... with a lot of Sewaddle, Wurmple, Caterpie and Weedle friends. They all started to scurry around and use String Shot, encasing most of Derpy in a web cocoon. Now, while that was undeniably funny and it shut him up, Eli sent the duck back to his Pokeball and had Vex start burning the bugs — needless to say that Fire Spin did wonderfully with Albion's Scratch following up, but it only attracted more bugs, including an angry Whirlipede whose home was burned to the ground. It screamed while it attacked Eli her Pokemon, "WHIRL WHIRL WHIRL WHIRL..." but everyone could tell it was all expletives.

In all the commotion and chaos, Whirlipede woke even more pissy Pokemon, including a Scyther with a schnasty attitude. "Whiiiiiiirl...!" the wheel-bug yelled when a Vacuum Wave sent it flying, and as the Scyther turned to Eli the hunter had quickly become the hunted.

Eli - Battling an Angry Scyther

Quote:
With Albion practically crapping himself and Vex slowly losing steam, they didn't have much of a chance against the Scyther, who was at full strength. Derpy released himself from his Pokeball when Scyther whacked Albion into a shrub, repeating his clueless "Duck!" in an attempt to cheer the Skitty up.

"SHUT UP DERPY!" the cat and fox both yelled, prompting the poor Psyduck to dejectedly seat himself at Eli's feet, clutching his head and almost... crying? (Can't help but feel bad for the little guy by now.)

Vex fought with Scyther over Quick Attacks and the latter's Vacuum Wave before she shielded herself with Fire Spin. Then Scyther went for Albion again.

Sing did nothing; Scyther's speed and scythes literally cut through the noise. He was too scared to use Baton Pass, and Fake Out failed. They were both guys, so Attract inevitably failed. It was just a slashing war now, and Albion was losing. Derpy was watching, and he didn't laugh at his bullies' plight. He wanted to help. Taking a stronger grip of his skull, Derpy dug his claws into the skin. A blue orb took shape in front of his beak, and with a strained "Psy...duuuuuuck!" it released a speeding beam of freezing death right into Scyther's face, who was almost too busy smacking Albion about to notice.... Almost.

What was left was Albion lying injured in front of a block of ice. Inside it was the Scyther, unable to move, but staring in Derpy's direction. Derpy himself went back to being... well, Derpy, and decided to return to his Pokeball, unsure of why he was even outside. Vex's jaw was dropped lower than a Diglett, and she fell over to be recalled to her own Pokeball. Albion had to be recalled to his, too, as he (for once) couldn't find the energy to climb on Eli's head again. Eli looked at the Scyther for a short time before deciding with a smile, "Let's take him with us."

Level 12
Technician
- Vacuum Wave
- Quick Attack
- Pursuit
- Counter

Old December 1st, 2012, 01:16 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Emma VanBoven
(Route 101)
Emma and Roller walk to Route 101. "Alright," says Emma,"this next step brings us to the beginning to our journey. Are you ready to start?"
"Phan! Phan!" says Roller.
"Then let's do it!" Emma says as she walks past the sign. "So, what do you wanna do now, Roller? Battle, eat, sleep? I'm at a loss as for what to do."
"Phan, phan phanpy phan. Phan?" says Roller, pointing to the grass in front of them.
"So, you wanna train?" asks Emma,"Then let's train!" The two walk into the grass, only to be attacked by a Poochyena. "A Poochyena? Alright then. Roller, use Mud Slap!" Roller throws some mud at the opponent, and misses. The Poochyena then attacks with Bite, and hits the poor guy. "Oh no! Roller, in retaliation, use Rock Slide!" Phanpy throws rocks at the Poochyena, and it lands the blow. The Poochyena then tries to Tackle Roller, and pins the Phanpy down. On instinct, Roller Mud Slaps the Poochyena and causes it to faint. "Good job Roller! You were awesome out there. Now then, let's push on to Odale," says Emma. They then continue on their way to Odale Town.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 07:45 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

As Jupiter chucked a pokeball at the smoking Seedot, the acorn pokemon, with double the power of every previous Bite and Incinerates, slammed onto Scorcher. A dust cloud swirled up.. Someone cried in pain.. And nothing could be seen for 6-7 seconds. . . . .

Finally Jupiter could open his eyes, and found out the fainted Poochyena and a shaking pokeball that clicked immediately. The Seedot was FINALLY captured.

"OH NO, Scorcher! You battled so well.. Here, have some rest.", the Poochyena was called back to his pokeball, "You'll be fine soon.. Lets run Aquaseas.."

The boy and his Mudkip darted towards Oldale Town, battling a Poochyena on the way. They were almost on the verge of entering Oldale when. . . .

A short, stubby boy blocked their way. With utmost difficulty, Jupe could brace himself and prevented the fated collision.

"Hi there.. I just caught a bunch of pokemon.", an impish grin spread on the boy's face.

"Congratulations! Now if you.. I'm in a hurry.", Jupiter tried skidding away but the boy blocked him.

"NO RUNNING AWAY from Barry, whenever trainers meet, they should battle!", the boy retorted.

"And how did you assume me for a trainer?"

Barry pointed at Aquaseas.

"Ok.. But make it quick, my friends need some medication!"

Barry let out a Lotad. It was, like Barry, stubby and short. With two Sludge attacks and a tackle, Aquaseas had no problem taking care of the slow pokemon.

"It doesn't end here. Go Wurmple!"

The bug pokemon looked like freshly caught, still not used to its trainer. Reluctantly it tried attacking Aquaseas but the latter slammed it so hard that it flew to Barry's face.

"AAAGGGH! Get off me!" Barry had one hell of a moment while Jupiter and Aquaseas laughed their heads off. Finally the Wurmple fainted from another tackle.

"You beat everything, but not Drew!", Barry let out his final pokemon.

As soon as the pokemon materialised, a flame ball was fired away at Aquaseas. Without giving anytime to recover the Vulpix tackled, but the Mudkip was able to dodge him.

"Tackle him Aquaseas!", the fox pokemon was swiped off its feet.

"Now Sludge!", Vulpix saved itself by using fire spin.

"Ok.. Sludge again!"

But this time something different happened. Aquaseas concentrated a moment and a blue orb was flung from his mouth at the Vulpix.

"YEAH, thats it. Use Water Gun and end it for good." Another blast and the Vulpix lay, defeated. Barry walked towards Jupe..

"I.. I underestimated you. You are one, talented trainer."

"It was only possible because of Aquaseas, I had a really little part in it. You too were great, try raising your pokemon better and you would do great."

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. We would meet again!"

"Certainly!", as Jupiter raced towards Oldale with Aquaseas in his arms.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 08:37 AM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Emma VanBoven
(Route 101)
Emma continues to Oldale Town, he Phanpy at her side. She hears a rustling in the grass, and a crazy Sentret hops out and tackles Roller. "Oh my! A Sentret! It's so cute! I'm, gonna try to catch it, but first I've got to weaken it, so use tackle without letting up Roller." said Emma. Roller was already damaged from the previous battle, so being attacked by the Sentret was a real shocker. Although this may be true, he did not let up with his tackling, but was attacked by the Sentret again. He seemed to be extremely damaged, and Emma then said, "Come back Roller! Good job!" She calls back her Phanpy, and then says to her Pokeball,"You had better keep the Sentret in you Pokeball! GO!" she throws the pokeball, and watches it roll around in the grass a bit.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 03:12 PM
TornZero

Emma - Attempt at Catching a Sentret

Quote:
Even after being Tackled silly, Sentret had no problems getting back out of the Pokéball. However, though Roller was weak, the Sentret was weaker... but that's what the power of friendship is for! Another Sentret came flying in as the first broke out its cage, and they smacked the Pokéball right back at Emma!

Double Battle Incoming!

Old December 2nd, 2012, 05:57 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Emma VanBoven
(Route 101)
"Holy fudge! This sucks! Two Sentrets? This is just.... Grrr! Roller, just focus on the stronger one, I have a plan. Tackle it till the day it bows down to you!" Emma yells in total fury. She is so mad she might as well just explode on the spot. Meanwhile, Roller has his own problems. He is being beaten senseless by the other Sentret. Weak and totally helpless, Roller is on his knees, pleading for his life, and the stronger Sentret is ready to deliver his final blow, and... BAM! Roller hits the guy with a series of Mud Slaps, slapping his face left and right. Emma then says, "Okay, I've got this. Good job Roller! Return!" She calls back Roller, and takes out two pokeballs. "I will not let either of you escape me, after potentially destroying my partner. Go pokeballs!" she says as she throws both of the pokeballs in her hands at the twosome. She waits in suspense for what will happen next.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:10 PM
TornZero

Emma - Attempt at Catching Two Sentrets!

Quote:
Everyone knows you can't catch a Pokémon in a double battle! The pair of Sentrets smacked away each other's Pokéballs before even getting caught inside, laughing at the wasteful Emma and pained Roller before scampering off into the distance with a pack of Sentret that was waiting for them to finish up.

Last edited by TornZero; December 2nd, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:29 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

(Torn, I feel like ripping your face off. But, I won't, because then I'll never catch a Sentret. Just kidding!)
Emma VanBoven
(Route 101-Oldale Town-Route 101 again)
Emma is very discouraged by the failed attempt at catching a pokemon that she begins to cry. She cries all the way to Oldale Town, and enters the Pokemon Center, still crying. She hands her pokemon to the Nurse and is asked by the Nurse, "Why are you so down?"
Emma replies, "I failed at catching a Sentret 3 times, and they both rubbed it in my face."
Then the Nurse says, "You know, I've heard the Sentret here love Pecha Berries, maybe enough to fall into a trap for one."
An idea suddenly materializes in Emma's head. "Thanks Nurse! I've got a plan to catch one of the little guys..." says Emma mischviously. She takes Roller from the Nurse and dashes to the nearest pokemart. She buys a Pecha berry, an Escape Rope, and a wooden peg. She then walks to Route 101. She sets up the peg and ties the rope around it, and has Roller hide behind a bush. She then hides behind another bush herself with the other side of the rope. She puts the berry in the center of the rope and waits. A Sentret come along not too long later, and eyes the berry. It's mouth waters, and it dashe for it. Emma then pulls the rope and trips the Sentret. The Sentret falls to the ground. Emma calls out, "Go Roller! Mud Slap him untill it is impossible for him to hit you! Then I'll come in with my pokeball!" Roller charges the Sentret, and pins him to the ground. He uses Mud Slap so many times the Sentret could not retalliate. The Sentret, weak and damaged, lays there, hurt. Emma throws the pokeball at the Sentret, crossing her fingers and her toes that it'll stay in the pokeball this time.
Old December 7th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Naren Warren

The next day Naren set off toward Petalburg City. This took an extra hour due to Zeus and Hermes bickering on her bedsheets while she was in the shower. By bickering, she of course met biting at each other's throats. They were honestly quite troublesome, but all the same, she wasn't sure how well saying that would go. So in the end, Naren decided firmly to return Hermes to his ball and almost did the same to Zeus. However, she didn't want to be completely defenseless out here. Besides... he didn't seem to like the ball much.

Zeus trotted along ahead of her, sniffing patiently at the air. This weird sound kept moving around in his hearing... not even leaving a smell. It was rather obnoxious and rude. If you would like to fight then fight. Do not dance around like a coward. He stopped to look at Naren, noticing her having stopped to look at a berry tree. There weren't many Berry trees in Johto. People mostly grew Apricorns there. It was rather sad actually.

I wish I had a pouch, she thought wistfully, walking away from the plants to continue on the journey ahead. Zeus shook his head and plodded after her. Humans, he decided, were flipping insane. He reached her quickly and climbed up her shoulder, sitting on a careful perch of Naren's collarbone. The girl reached to scratch one of his ears and looked around nervously. Her eyes had been playing tricks on her all day. "H-Hey Zeus... you been hearin' any funny noises?" She had been catching sight of this odd aura flickering around... it was quite unnerving.

Zeus blinked. Well color him impressed. Maybe she had some hope after all. She stopped for a moment as a small creature teleported, green helmet hiding pink eyes. It looked at them with a little grin on its face and paused, prepared to disappear again. However, Zeus didn't let that happen, smacking into the creature with a growl. "Teach you to mess with my head." Electricity burst around his tiny, yellow body, making the creature screech and vanish. Zeus cursed as only a Pokemon could.

Naren looked around, seeing the faintest violet aura appear behind a tree. "Z-Zeus," she called nervously, but the Pokemon paid her no heed, padding towards a different scent that was profoundly distracting. "Zeus wait!" He turned to look at her, only to be smacked by a pink blast of energy. Behind the tree was the sound of a snicker and Zeus fired again. He missed and was smacked back, this time into a tree.

"This is the second time this has happened to me..." He groaned as Naren returned him, almost panicky as the creature appeared and disappeared to land in front of her. She would have kept him out... but if he had a concussion she didn't know what she would do. She released Hermes, who glowered at her.

He huffed, shaking his spiky fur with annoyance. ”Feel like letting me out now huh?” Before Naren could answer the Zigzagoon was bowled over by a flying tackle. At last Naren was able to get a full glimpse of the creature, what looked like a child with green hair. A Ralts… which, now that she looked at it, had a very odd aura. It kept changing color. Maybe that was a trait of Psychic Pokemon. She didn’t know. It snickered at her and Naren flushed with shame. The creature prepared to move but Hermes was for once a bit faster, Headbutting the Ralts right in the face. It tottered and Hermes just stared. Were Ralts really that shoddy?

It scowled now and spun a blast of energy at her Pokemon, who was spun head over heels. He scrambled up and bit into the Ralts by reflex causing a frantic squeal. Naren panicked a little, not sure if she could pull out a Pokeball or not in this situation.

“Looks like you aren’t too good at this huh?” A blonde observed this, popping a bubble of Dittent brand chewing gum. He smiled at her through another one, looking almost mischievous. “Would you like some help?”

Old December 10th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Travel
Unhatched Egg

Marcus eyed the red and white sphere that he held firmly in his hands with a mixture of joy and agitation. The metal felt cool to the touch and almost screamed for the button in the center to be pressed and to release the Pokemon so the two could have a proper greeting before leaving Littleroot. However, Marcus was worried of what the Pokemon might think of him. Would it think negatively of me?

That thought kept repeating in his mind as he leaned against one of the trees at the edge of the town, his eyes traveling from the ball to the largest building inside the small town -- the lab -- as he replayed the memory in his mind, trying to wrap his mind around having actually recieved a starter Pokemon.

"What a small town," Marcus stated to himself, "Only a few houses and Birch's lab." He knew it was small because by the time the words had left his mouth he found himself at the lab's entrance, its steel doors almost too intimidating to even dare open. Almost.

"Hello," A well built man had greeted, his appearance a mixture between well groomed and unkempt as his white lab coat almost seemed out of place over his casual clothes. "Are you one of the many kids that I am to give a Pokemon too?" The question had been so direct, yet it was said in a warm way that Marcus had believed uncapable of being associated with such a question. Marcus had only nodded and shared his name before the man had disappeared, reappearing a minute later with a handful of items.

"What are you holding?"

"Every beginning trainer's tools of the trade." He answered, quickly grabbing a pokeball from the jumbled mess of items and gesturing for Marcus to take it. "That is your Spheal, your very first Pokemon!" He beamed.

Marcus couldn't explain the feeling of holding the device for the first time, it was as if it felt foriegn to him, yet right at the same time. All he could do was say, "Thanks," and let Birch continue with what he wanted to say.

"Here are five more pokeballs, each of them empty of course, and a Pokedex which you'll soon reailze to be your best tool once you start your journey!" Once the words had left his mouth, the handful of items had been shifted to Marcus leaving him stunned as he struggled to pocket the five empty pokeballs and the red rectangular device without dropping any of it.

After that, Marcus had left and found himself where he currently rested. His mind beginning to realize that he was going to have to face his Pokemon sooner or later, and it was always better to do it sooner. He didn't want to be in desperate need of his Pokemon's assistance and still be a stranger to it. Taking a deep breath, whether to relieve his nervousness or to dispell doubt as he stood up, he slowly inched his finger towards the release button. His index danced around it, almost to the point that he was beginning to think he had been missing it the whole time. Until he heard the definite click as the Pokemon was released in a white flash that had blinded his untrained eyes.

Once vision returned to him he could make out the small circular form of a blue Pokemon, its round body matching the black beady eyes that looked at him with curiosity. Marcus was sure that if it had a neck to do so, it would be turned to the side as if he were a dog observing its master in worry. "Uh... hi," Marcus stated weakly, unsure of how to actually become fast friends with a creature he was supposed to make fight all his battles for him. The creature, however, lit up at his words, as if they were what it had been waiting for. The sight of its round body opening to a wide smile pleased him, easing his worries to the point that they almost didn't exist. "Well aren't you an easily excitable one."

"Spheal," The creature stated in response, its voice jubilant.

"Well that's a good sign. Say, can you keep up? I would like to make it to an area even remotely around where everyone else would be at this point. I don't want to be last." Marcus reasoned, more to himself than to the Pokemon which only nodded as it rolled into the route, eager to begin. Something which Marcus had to admit an agreement to. The two had strolled upon the route peacefully, Marcus enjoying the silence and tranquility while his Spheal just enjoyed the luxury of being out of its containment as it rolled circles around his feet. Marcus had been running a hand through his unkempt black hair when something had suddenly whipped past his head, missing him by a mere inch as his green eyes had only caught a brown and white blur.

"Spheal!" Marcus exclaimed, slightly worried that his Pokemon would be hit by the fast moving opponent. The creature rolled to his front as it looked around, intending to protect his trainer and make a good first impression of his battling skills. "Use... uh ****." Marcus breathed, realizing that he hadn't familiarized himself with any of Spheal's attacks. Quickly rummaging through his pocket he had quickly produced his Pokedex and was busy trying to figure out how to work it when it had suddenly spoke in an electronic voice.

"Pidgey, it is a docile creature, perferring to avoid conflict, however, if disturbed, it can ferociously strike back."

"Okay, that solves the what, but not the where," Marcus stated as he glanced around, trying his best to find his attacker. Successful in spotting the creature watching him from a branch in a tree that stood proudly before him, he knew he was in trouble if he didn't act quick. The creature's brown and white feathers looked neatly groomed, its eyes narrowed as it small but agile wings had readied for another flight. As well as another attack. Luckily, at the same moment the pidgey took off from the tree, Marcus had stumbled upon the page for his Pokemon's move set and called out the first one that struck him as capable of dealing damage.

"Powder Snow!" Marcus yelled, his choice proving to be good as his Spheal opened its mouth and released what could only be described as a small, controlled snow storm that had hit Pidgey, causing it to veer out of the attacks way, its body shaking for a second or two to knock off the snow before it dove at Spheal, its position putting Spheal at a disadvantage as it couldn't do anything to prevent the attack. Marcus left with no option but to grit his teeth as his Pokemon rolled on the ground from being struck by the attack, finally stopping with a dazed expression on its face.

"Spheal are you alright?" Marcus asked, relieved to recieve a small nod. "Good, lets use... uh, Water Gun!" The Pidgey had been coming in for another attack once the command had been issued, but thankfully Spheal had been able to land the jet of water it spit at the bird Pokemon. The force of the attack sending it into a tree, which Marcus had hoped would defeat it, but it only seemed to make it madder as it struggled to its feet.

"This thing must either hate us, or just wants to win really badly." Marcus commented, earning a small squeak that he took to be Spheal in agreement. "Well whate- what the hell was that?" Marcus questioned aloud after witnessing the Pdigey become surrounded in white light as it tackled Spheal, causing it once again to roll around on the ground. What had caught his eye, however, was the speed of the attack. "Must know quick attack." Marcus reasoned, his mind trying to think a way out of it, but his heart kept giving him attacks to issue.

"Powder Snow once more!" Marcus exclaimed, deciding to listen to his heart as it had come up with an idea first. The Spheal had stopped rolling upon the ground, to fire a bit of snow at its target, only to miss and roll upon the ground to position itself for the next attack. However, after a few minutes he knew Spheal was getting tired, and with not a single attack landing he needed to think of a plan. Pidgey, however, already had as it flapped its wings close to the ground, causing snad to fly into Spheal's exposed face, leaving it to roll around the ground with a pained expression.

"Pid, Pidgey!" The bird Pokemon squaked, its cries seemingly of victory. The worst part of all, if Marcus didn't think soon, his first ever battle would in fact end the way the Pidgey assumed. With another loud cry, the Pidgey once again dove at Spheal, its eyes narrowed with determination.

"Defense Curl!" Marcus exclaimed in panic, issuing the first attack he could think of working with Spheal's accurracy lowered. Spheal having heard him, quickly tucked its body into a neat little ball right as the Pidgey impacted it, sending it flying towards the nearby tree. What happened next, Marcus would never get anyone to believe. Spheal, still in its neat ball, bounced off of the tree, and hit the Pidgey as it flew in the direction Spheal had been sent, effectively knocking it to the ground.

"Holy, ****ing, ****." Marcus breathed, unable to believe his luck as he watched the Pidgey once again struggle to its feet. "This is going to get bad for me if I don't get this thing to stop attacking, and seeing how fast it is I only have one choice," Marcus stated to himself as he readied one of the empty pokeball's from his pocket. Hoping to god he wouldn't miss the Pokemon before it could spare the energy to avoid the ball, he tossed it. Praying to god as it impacted the Pidgey and sucked it inside that it would end in a way he could find satisfying.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links