The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Shucklulz
(◕‿◕✿)

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Shucklulz
I've really like Pokestar. It's great to see the earnings on the record board. They make me feel accomplished (and so do the medals you get for completing each series. :'D)

The only thing that bugs me is that certain moves effects (like accuracy drops) were not nerfed when you record. :/ Things like that make it much harder to complete them if you're not lucky, even when you're doing everything right. It took me like five times to get the first Invaders movie right because Roggenrolla used Sand Attack on me despite following the script and using the right lines.

But then again, that's all part of the challenge I guess.

nyoom | tumblr
Old November 17th, 2012, 04:29 AM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan

Nature: Naughty
It was ok, I did it a few times and I kinda got bored. But my Riolu became a star.
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old November 18th, 2012, 12:53 PM
tabor62

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shucklulz View Post
I've really like Pokestar. It's great to see the earnings on the record board. They make me feel accomplished (and so do the medals you get for completing each series. :'D)

The only thing that bugs me is that certain moves effects (like accuracy drops) were not nerfed when you record. :/ Things like that make it much harder to complete them if you're not lucky, even when you're doing everything right. It took me like five times to get the first Invaders movie right because Roggenrolla used Sand Attack on me despite following the script and using the right lines.

But then again, that's all part of the challenge I guess.
Yeah, sometimes it's easy, but other times, it's all luck. There are movies I have given up on because my luck in PokeStar was that bad (reseting 10 or more times)

Old November 20th, 2012, 10:01 AM
empty streets
Ace trainer ★

Nature: Brave
Ooooooh~
I was addicted to PokeStar the moment I first took part in a movie :3. In previous games I never spent my time on these kind of things like contests and musicals, so..yeah. But before I got the game I thought it was the same junk as before (like musicals).
Old November 20th, 2012, 11:03 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
Found it cool, I tried it but I found trying to get the star animation was kinda hard early game so haven't touched it since :D
But I found that fact that you earn 0 money EXTREMELY annoying....
Old November 20th, 2012, 04:20 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I have been doing the movies and most of them are a hoot! Like the Giant Girlfriend series.

You do get nuggets eventually latter in the Movie making world. Not a whole lot, but you are making money.

Mothica (volcarona) and Mavel (espeon) Are Celebrities!

Last edited by SnowpointQuincy; November 20th, 2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old November 25th, 2012, 12:51 AM
thegeneticway
"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie

Nature: Relaxed
I just love doing movies :D It's a shame that I have no more to do I did them before I knew they helped my trainer card score/medal count so that's how much I love them :D !!

Some are just so sweet omg

Like Full Metal Cop. When the Sneasel Ninja reformed, I was like o: omg happy ending for lyfe ;(

Love and Battles was interesting though heh. The ending was quite interestingly sad, but not tearjerking in my opinion.

GAMEFREAK NEEDS TO MAKE MORE MOVIES FOR ME TO MAKE.

Replaying Emerald!

Goals:

National Dex Completed
All 7 Gold Symbols
Master of Contests

... looks like i have a long way to go
Old December 13th, 2012, 12:20 AM
shuppet88
Mime Jr.

Nature: Calm
For me, this is a hilarious addition to the game, especially the names of the directors. Sydney Lumet-Sydney Pokemet, David Lynch becomes David Pokench, and John Carpenter is John Pokenter. I keep doing them just to see the names of the directors. Especially since I've seen movies from these people.
Old December 14th, 2012, 04:25 PM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I also did not like the Pokestar studios part of this game because it was rather boring in my opinion. I didn't like any of the movies; I honestly did these Pokestar movies for the medals and I still did not do all of the movies because I just recently found out that I did not unlock all of the movies and have no idea how to do it.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old December 29th, 2012, 10:49 PM
BungiePhantom
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Modest
And there's these old scripts you can read. they're hilarious pokerelated puns based on children's literature. Hopefully most of you will recognize the references, I know I lost at the Enspoinklopedia Brown.
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:30 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
You may not get any yen, but you can get items ranging from a heal water to a max restore depending on who you talk to and the quality of you movie. I really liked pokestar, but I didn't spend much time with it. I was in a hurry to beat the game (I was in a bet with my two of my friends), and after a couple of movies it got boring to me.

Haha you may not get any yen, but the box office does. :p
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:30 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~ View Post
I also did not like the Pokestar studios part of this game because it was rather boring in my opinion. I didn't like any of the movies; I honestly did these Pokestar movies for the medals and I still did not do all of the movies because I just recently found out that I did not unlock all of the movies and have no idea how to do it.
A full guide on how to unlock every movie and how to obtain good, bad, and strange endings in each movie, as well as all of the data on every Pokémon and "prop" used, is located here. Brycen-Man's return isn't available until after the HOF, and a few more also rely on you becoming a HOFer.

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old January 13th, 2013, 01:42 AM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

I absolutely adored Pokéstar Studios! I spent so much time getting all the good endings, and ended up with over 200 lemonades early in the game. I think my favorite movie is Timegate Travelers; it's so silly! I got a strange ending star for my entire main team, and because of these stars, I don't want to look for more strange endings with them (for fear of losing the stars). Also, the rewards you get can net tons of cash! Lava Cookies and Old Gateaux sell for thousands on Route 5!

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old January 13th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Heartouch
Count the stars between us

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Heartouch
I loved Pokéstar Studios! It sure takes a pleasure to making films, and it sure takes trial and error to make the amazing films! And I have too much potions (Lemonades and Hyper Potions) given by movie fans in the Pokéstar movie theater hall because of joining the Pokéstar Studios. But I wish Game Freak could make a feature to trade Pokéstar films from friend to friend. By the way, my Infernape became the star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waveguidebuizel
I don't want to look for more strange endings with them (for fear of losing the stars)
I think when your party Pokémon having stars already and you make a strange ending again, I think you might hit $999 Billions venue in the movie because the movie's popularity is boosted if your Pokémon has the star, and having the strange ending boosted it even more. (I don't test it though.) Just make sure you've got strange ending, not bad ending (and I think this is the hard part, but when the director is making the unsure comment when filming is done, that means you've hit the strange ending).

Last edited by Heartouch; January 13th, 2013 at 02:43 AM.
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:43 AM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Heart View Post
I think when your party Pokémon having stars already and you make a strange ending again, I think you might hit $999 Billions venue in the movie because the movie's popularity is boosted if your Pokémon has the star, and having the strange ending boosted it even more. (I don't test it though.) Just make sure you've got strange ending, not bad ending (and I think this is the hard part, but when the director is making the unsure comment when filming is done, that means you've hit the strange ending).
Ohh, that would make sense. I already have one movie with 999 billion though, from a strange ending using rentals, I think. Strange movies definitely boost the sales.

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old January 25th, 2013, 02:34 AM
h0tshot1025

Nature: Bashful
I like the Pokestar Studios.
I actually got my first strange ending.
My Weavile got the star. It looks cool when sent out in battle xD
I miss contests though. I'm not much of a fan of Pokemon Musical so this one is a better addition

Old February 3rd, 2013, 02:37 PM
Dragonika
Isshu Region Champion

I still haven't done this, gonna try it now :D

https://www.facebook.com/ThePokemonTradeCenter
Old February 3rd, 2013, 04:33 PM
Borngamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuppet88 View Post
For me, this is a hilarious addition to the game, especially the names of the directors. Sydney Lumet-Sydney Pokemet, David Lynch becomes David Pokench, and John Carpenter is John Pokenter. I keep doing them just to see the names of the directors. Especially since I've seen movies from these people.
Pokenter's Movies are okay, just not as good as his earlier works like "Escape from Castelia City" and "The Ditto."

LOL

But seriously, I do enjoy the Pokestar movies though I'd have to admit, the writing needs work IMO. I Don't know , maybe I'm just being too critical about it.

Last edited by Borngamer; February 3rd, 2013 at 08:09 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links