The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

View Poll Results: Did you like the Sinnoh Pokemon?
Yes, they were awesome! 34 82.93%
No,they were uncreative and dodgy. 2 4.88%
I don't really have an opinion on them... 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 5th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I was one of those people who didn't really like the new Pokemon of the fourth generation at first (unlike the fifth generation which was a different story) but grew to like them. Now some of my favorite Pokemon, such as Roserade, Togekiss, as well as Pokemon who aren't a generation evolution like Cherrim are among my favorite. However, out of the generations besides the evolutions from past generations I still find it to be the most lacking.
Old November 6th, 2012, 06:38 PM
True Honey
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
I don't really have an opinion on the Pokemon of the D/P/PT generation, as the Pokemon were a change then what was seen in the previous generations and that was that, it was merely a change. I really have a neutral opinion, some of the Pokemon designs I loved and others I didn't just like any other generation.

Avatar & Signature: The Little Flying Jumpluff by ~ alright123100 (deviantART)
Old November 6th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
With additions such as Empoleon, Glameow, Garchomp, and Magmortar, how could I not love Sinnoh's Pokemon just as much as I love all the others? Sure, they might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think their diversity is great and I actually appreciated the evolutions that were given to older Pokemon. It made them even more desirable again.
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
Sinnoh was my second favourite region. Hoenn being my first. I loved the new additions to the pokedex. Even though some of them were way too OP *cough* Garchomp *cough* *cough* Cynthia's Garchomp D:< *cough*

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old November 7th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Nature: Timid
At first I didn't really like these guys but after some time grew to be okay with them, though sadly that's as high as it went. Some are awesome but most of them aren't too memorable for me, so I don't really have an opinion. Sinnoh Pokemon are the ones I train the least, usually without even realizing!

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Avatar & Signature by Achromatic
Old November 11th, 2012, 02:26 PM
weasel king
Cubone Lord and Dragon Master

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
I liked the Sinnoh Pokemon, definitely, most particularly Gallade, Lucario, Porygon-Z, Empoleon and Garchomp. A few, like Rhyperior, were kind of unnecessary, IMO.
Rhyperior is worse than anything. It is like Remoraid-Octillery. Looks Nothing like Rhydon-Rhyhorn.
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:39 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel king View Post
Rhyperior is worse than anything. It is like Remoraid-Octillery. Looks Nothing like Rhydon-Rhyhorn.
I'd have to disagree with you there on the point that Rhyperior doesn't look like its pre-evolutions. I think although it's darker in colour, larger in size and overall stronger, it does resemble its pre-evolutions with the bulky body, rocky tail and drilling horn.

Last edited by curiousnathan; November 11th, 2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old November 11th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
I really like them. Like others, I really hated them at the start, but I have grown to love them! Some of my favourite Pokemon came from this Generation like Roserade, Lucario and Floatzel. It took a while, but they came around. Hope its the same for gen 5....
Old November 15th, 2012, 04:28 PM
weasel king
Cubone Lord and Dragon Master

Nature: Relaxed
I loved Gabite and Garchomp, but Gible sucked. Its body is too small and its head is way too big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
I'd have to disagree with you there on the point that Rhyperior doesn't look like its pre-evolutions. I think although it's darker in colour, larger in size and overall stronger, it does resemble its pre-evolutions with the bulky body, rocky tail and drilling horn.
I just think it was too unnessecary. Rhydon is very good.

Last edited by weasel king; November 15th, 2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 20th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I voted "I don't really have an opinion on them".

It's not entirely fair I do like some of the 4th gen pokemon, it's just compared to the other gens (including the 5th gen) I don't feel they were as good overall. Not just that but there was a severe lack of new fire pokemon.

I've grown to like some over time.....but it's not the same as having that instant love for something.

Most of the 4th gen pokemon that I do like are related to pokemon from other gens, like Roserade and Togekiss.

Last edited by Sabrewulf238; November 20th, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old November 20th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I like all the pokemon. Every gen. have pokemon that just look horrible. But it doesn't stop me from liking them.
Old November 20th, 2012, 05:35 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
Yes, I believe that the fourth gen produced a wonderful bunch of new pokemon. Even tho I generally like mostly all pokemon, sinnoh introduced a very unique blend that time around, as well as soom being very cool, cute, weird(in the good way). Also, I dont beleive there are to many new pokes of gen four that I actually dislike(only feel indifferen to). The exception would be say piplup? :/ I dont know why i just dont exactly like how it looks, doesnt mean I dont like the pokemon tho). Empoleon looks totally awesome tho.

Some of my favorite pokemon that debuted in 4th gen are Lickilicky, Mamoswine, and munchlax.
Old November 21st, 2012, 04:46 PM
Starfury
dear, only you don't know.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empathy View Post
Off-topic: But now? Unova? Half of the new Pokemon are just disgusting to me. Maybe I just have to get used to them, and I've tried, but I don't even know half the names of the Pokemon or even what animals they are supposed to represent. A coffin? An icecream? I never knew they were animals
I agree completely and I don't think B/W 2 are going to be much better. But Pearl's pokémon were different -- they had life and you could notice the effort they had put into most of them. Though Pachirisu was just like Pikachu, only they changed it's shape from a mouse to a squirrel and made it white instead of yellow. Otherwise it had the same facial detail, they are both electric type and their names are not much different from each other.

So yes, I enjoyed the wonderful fourth generation pokémon. A few had their flaws, but no where near as many as the fifth gen. Lillipup and Herdier are a perfect example. I mean, why just place a dog in the game and call it a pokémon? The same goes to a lot more of B/W. The story line and all that was okay and that's what kept me from hating PB. That and Snivy. He was awesome. :D

VMFAMILYPAIRCREDITPM
Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:13 AM
johnnyman

I overall liked the Sinnoh Pokemon, and the moveset they had, but there were some flaws in the game's new Pokemon; overall, though, as I stated; it was pretty good.

To take this test, click here.

To take the old test, click here.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 09:46 AM
Pryze
Moonwel ot cosidme

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Pryze
I loved every aspect of Sinnoh, especially the new Pokes, a lot of them are now my favorites.

O R A S S Q U A D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links