The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old November 15th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Blazing Inferno
Weavile's Revenge Creator

Nature: Calm
Hello PC!

It has been some timesince I was last here. But now hopefully I will be here for a while.

Anyway, down to business. Here is my idea for a game that I have been planning for a some timenow, however its progress is rather short. I figured that I would post it before, if not already, this idea was taken by someone else.

This is Pokemon: Type Wars (working title)

Alright. You might be wondering what this means. Type wars is simply describing the Pokemon types at war. Simple yes I know.

This idea (soon hopefully to be a game) focuses back in time, well before all other regions were created. This region is made up of 17 islands forming a circle, Ring of Life, with one island in the middle. Each of the islands in the Ring of Life are all individual islands each focusing on one of the 17 types of Pokemon.

History

Before the creation of the regions, there was a ring of islands, each holding their own type of Pokémon, known as the Ring of Life. These islands were once in harmony, together in a peaceful treaty. However, on the morning of on fateful day, the islands began to fight against one another, over who should have the shrine dedicated to Mew, the most powerful Pokémon. The fighting became worst, alliances between close types were formed and thus the War of Types was born.

The Guardians, legendaries, were outraged and all fled to an island that was created in the centre of the other islands long ago, to seek shelter for Mew. Arriving there, they discovered a small village that was home to a small group of people, who loved all types of Pokémon. Upon their luck to find such people, the legendaries provided the village with almighty orbs, one of each type, which could do wonders to Pokémon of a different type. However in this desperate time, Mew had been left alone, was captured and tested upon for cloning uses. Many attempts were made before they had a successful triumph, and thus Mewtwo was born. Finally learning of this the legendaries attacked, releasing the failed attempts and rescued the dying Mew and created Mewtwo.

Returning to the island, Mew was safe and began to recover. During this time, a templec onstructed by the villagers, was dedicated to Mew, creating Mew’s resting place of peace. Throughout time, the legendaries returned to their own temples.

The War of Types remained for many years, and throughout it all, the Ring of Life deformed. The Ring of Life was no more and the era of darkness had begun. Shadow Pokémon begun their arrival and soon they had spread to most of the islands, except forthe centre island, where the guardian Mew protected it. Through more time, the darkness begun to affect the legendaries and turned them into the ShadowPokémon, leaving only a handful of them the same. The darkness also affected the nature of the humans, making them do things that they wouldn’t normally do. Attacking and destroying towns, landmarks and cities. The darkness is taking over and now someone must do something about it.

Characters - Names are yet to be given

Male
Having grown up onean island with a selected amount of people, male is a young man brave, adventurous and wild. He’s never seen another island before and is stillcurious to why his family has stayed on this island for generations, instead of his ancestors taking action that could have changed the present day outcome. Now his day has come, Male seeks the answer to change the course of time, to revert the Ring of Life back to its original state.

Female
Having grown up one an island with a selected amount of people, female is a young woman full of life, daring and calm. Even though she’s never witnessed another island before, she has a complete understanding of what has happen in the outside world, yet is confused to why a sudden change in human emotions ever came about. Now that her day has come, Female is willing to make a change in the course of time, to revert the Ring of Life back to its original state.

Rival
Yet to be produced, however the rival won't be met until a fair way into he game. (May be subject to change.)

The Trio
Three men who makerepeated appearances throughout the game, providing useful information anditems for the hero/heroine.

The Starters

The starters in the game are very unique, this is due to you being allowed to choose two starter Pokemon instead of one. First you get to choose one of three original starters of previous games:
Bulbasaur
Cyndaquil
Mudkip

These are not permanent as of now and I am open to suggestions.

The next choice you must make is between three very special Pokemon. These three are not normal Pokemon, and I have chosen them however, they will not be revealed until later.(I have to have some secrets )

Here are some features that I have thought about bring into the game:

Features

Pokémon – There are 17 special Pokémon

Caring system – Need to take care of Pokémon, feed them.

Equipment – There are special pieces of equipment that you will use to make your way to and around the islands.

Out in the field –You are able to release your Pokémon out of their Pokéballs at any time, letting them follow you. In some areas, you can let more than one out, and let them roam around. You are also able to ride some Pokémon. *Note: When flying, only Pokémon bigger that you can carry you, surfing will most likely included like this too.

Storage system–Pokémon are stored at the laboratory. You must leave them there, as there is no transportation between the islands.

Pokémon Centre (PC)–Pokémon can get broken bones like humans, thus needing to stay at the PC longer.

Battle system – Havea HP bar, Stamina/energy bar, power moves/normal moves and PP for moves. Using power moves uses up Pokémon’s energy, and if the stamina/energy bar becomes empty, Pokémon will not be able to use any more ‘power moves’. Power moves drain theuser of energy. Normal moves do not drain user’s energy, allowing user togain/build up stamina/energy bar. Once HP bar becomes empty, that Pokémon faints. Having a Pokémon walk around with you will decrease its stamina/energybar.

Find most Legendaries in their dedicated temples and others out in their natural environments

Elite Four – There is none. You need to prove that you are worthy enough by battling 17 different trainers, using only supplied Pokémon of each type, ensuring that you only use one type of Pokémon per battle and using all types in all. After you have proven yourself, you can take on the Regions top 8 Trainers. Once defeated them, youcan finally challenge the Champion(s).

Shadow Pokémon – They appeared when the Ring of Life was destroyed and the darkness began. They tend to live in clans, living in destroyed areas, however, they can be found outsidethese are as. Entering their areas uninvited will result in an unannouncedattack.

Storyline – Choosing your Pokémon – What Pokémon you chose as your starter, depends on where you gofirst in the story. Only certain types are allowed on the island

Now due to Pokemon being able to sustain greater damage than normal games, I have come up with the following table that describes the injuries that they can receive, the timetaken to heal them (the ones with a + refer to minuets), any specifications that accompany that injury, the types or parts that is effects.

Injuries that Pokémoncan receive

Spoiler:

Order as follows:

Injury | Time to healat PC | Specifications | Types/parts

Standard HP/PP loss +status effects | +5 | - | -

Normal HP damage |+10 | Full-half HP | HP loss

Bad HP | +20 | Half-low HP | HP loss

Critical/low HP | +30 | Low-1 HP | HP loss

Fainted | +40 | No HP| HP loss

Normal PP usage | +10 | Full-Average | PP loss

Average PP usage |+20 | Average-most gone | PP loss

Mass loss of PP | +30| Most PP gone | PP loss

No PP | +40 | No PP | PP loss

Status effects | +10 | - | Paralysis, poison etc.

Other damage

Broken bone | 1 week | - | Leg, arm, ribs, wing, tail

Fractured bone | 5 days | - | Leg, arm, skull, tail, wing, ribs

Diseases | 1 day | - | Fever

Damaged claws | 4 days | - | Snapped, broken, split

Damaged teeth | 4 days | - | Chipped, broken

Cuts | 2 days | - | Small, big, deep

Sprained limbs | 1 day | - | Feet, paws

Chipped body | 2 days | - | Rock or ground

Excess of power | 3days | - | Electric, fire

Senses damaged | 3 days - 1 week | - | Sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch

At the moment mapping has started, there has been no scripting or recuiting for this game (idea) so anyone that is willing to lend a hand let me know by PM me with evidence of the part you wish to apply for and I'll get back to you as quick as I can.

I know that this is meant to be placed on another tread and I will get there, but for now it can sit here.

Come and check it out!

Last edited by Blazing Inferno; November 18th, 2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old November 20th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Blazing Inferno

Hey, for anyone watching this here is an update.

Island Profiles:

Spoiler:

Fire Island

The island of fire holds many strong willed people. They have a close alliance with the electric island, and the two of them hold no secrets against the other. The Fire islandis now passive in the war, but it was once a primary contributor and caused a lot of damage through its time. They were the third island that withdrew from the war, along side the Electric island, and this was because they had had a change ofh eart towards the war and why it happened in the first place. However, they were attacked many times once they left, and this lead to them joining the Electric island to focus on developing defences to protect their citizens.

Electric Island

The island hold manysmart people. They are in a close alliance with the fire island, which theyhold no secrets from. Passive in the war, the electric island mainly has itsfocus on developing defences to protect its citizens from the impact of war.The island withdrew from the war with the Fire island, as they had a change ofheart about the war. They were heavily attacked upon, as other islands saw thisas their chance, and this is was drove them to develop their defence systems,along with the Fire island.

Come and check it out!
Old November 21st, 2012, 04:37 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

I kind of like the idea, but it seems almost like copying Pokemon Conquest with the different regions/islands for each type. Im not saying you can't use the idea or should abandon it, just something to think about
Old November 21st, 2012, 05:31 PM
Blazing Inferno

Rayd12smitty, I can see where you are coming from but to tell you, I have never looked into Pokemon Conquest deep enough to know its details. In saying that, I haven't tried to copy it at all as this game has been all my doing and its idea actually started on June 28th, 2011, well before it came out. The only reason that it took so long to get on here was because I wanted school to have all my attention (not saying that it did happen that way) but I didn't want a project like this to start until I finished school.

Come and check it out!
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Blazing Inferno

Here are another five Island Profiles:

Spoiler:

Water Island

The island of waterholds calm people and has never been violent in the war, however, they have lead small attacks against other islands, along with their alliance with the ice island. They are close with their alliance, who are more aggressive in the war. The two share their secrets with each other, but sometimes loss contact with one another due to attacks. The Water island withdrew from the war, after their temple to Manaphy was destroyed. Although angry, their decision to withdraw had saved them many battles to which their destruction was inevitable.They are able to protect themselves from the war and have many secret bases around their island. Having the Ice island nearby is one of their main safety features if something goes horribly wrong.

Ice Island

The island of ice holds brave people. They are in a close alliance with the water island, hold no secrets but do lose contact due to war attacks. They are aggressive in war, their main attacks are concentrated on other islands in the war and those who attack the water island. Their loss of contact with the water island can last for a few hours at the least and up to days or weeks at a maximum. This does not stop them however, as the two islands can easily travel to the other, allowing for eternal communication to exist between the two. The inland surrounded by mountains has tight security, its only access is either by flight, which is difficult at times or through the mountain caves. The town has been modified greatly to be able to send and receive messages in and out of the area, and is actually the main base of operations for the war. Because of its high security, this is where all important people spend most of their time.

Grass Island

The island of grassis an island that has ties with the bug and poison islands. Although they arein an alliance, they are not as close as some other islands. They don’t share all information, afraid that their alliance my turn. The grass island has humble people, and they will help whoever, no matter what they need. They pulled out of the war long ago, after they lead an attack on another island and were genuinely sorry for the damage caused. This is why they are so modest today.Their ships are place in an odd spot, on the opposite to opposing forces. However, this strategic move, has made this island a target of unworthiness.T he true fact is that the city was placed there because the other areas of the island were too flat and vulnerable to place a large city any where else. This placement also allowed the Grass island to quickly access the other two islands before the other islands knew about it.

Bug Island

The island of bug has agile people, who have a very instinctive judgement on others. They have ties with the grass and poison islands, but unlike other islands, the three are not as close as other alliances. They keep some information from each others, fearing that their alliance could turn. They will attack if necessary, but tend to layabout doing nothing. Their islands landscape has led them to a large amount of vulnerable areas. Their largest city is protected by a mountain but its north-western corner is accessible by sea, due to the mountains low ridges. The island is mostly quite, and a calming peace always around it, so when war does make an appearance on its shores, all hell breaks lose and the island goes into a panic.

Poison Island

The island of poison has people of nasty thoughts and doings. They have ties with the grass and bug island, but are not as close as other islands. They are violent in the war, mainly sabotaging attacks for no other reason than it is fun. Their alliance with the other two islands is running short in their point of view, and intend to do something about it. Their islands' layout has allowed them to extend their numbers, and understand the flaws of their opponents, as well as their advantages. They are overcoming their weaknesses through numbers and have gone silent in the war all of a sudden.

Come and check it out!
Old November 26th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Inferno View Post
Rayd12smitty, I can see where you are coming from but to tell you, I have never looked into Pokemon Conquest deep enough to know its details. In saying that, I haven't tried to copy it at all as this game has been all my doing and its idea actually started on June 28th, 2011, well before it came out. The only reason that it took so long to get on here was because I wanted school to have all my attention (not saying that it did happen that way) but I didn't want a project like this to start until I finished school.
That makes sense. I wasn't trying to accuse you, more trying to let you know that Conquest was out there. Anyway, i look forward to seeing more
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Blazing Inferno

Rayd12smitty, thanks for that.

Anyway, here is the rest of the Island Profiles. (Sorry its long)

Spoiler:

Nomal Island

Theisland of normal holds calm and laid back people. They have close allianceswith the flying and fighting islands, which protect them against attacks fromother islands. The island provides resources for the other two, mainlyequipment for weapons and defences. They are quite a powerful island on theirown, when prompted, and will attack if necessary for their island to survive.They caused masses of damage when the war was young and followed the grassislands' lead and withdrew from the war early on. Their vast numbers haveconcerned the other islands, as they believe that they will soon re-join thewar.

Fighting Island

The island offighting holds strong people, both in mind and strength. The are in a closealliance with the normal and flying islands. They are well balanced in the war,through attacks and defences, along with the flying island, their traits areheighten dramatically, combining the power of land with air, allowing forheightened airstrikes. The fighting island are also very wise and will seek outall options before making an advance. This has left them at the very top of thewar, wining the most attacks both that they have lead and been attacked on.Their priority of keeping the Normal island safe has affected them as well asthe Flying island, in the way that they have stopped leading attacks on otherislands and are now more concentrated on defence.

Flying Island

The island of flyingholds people of elegance and grace. They are in a close alliance with thenormal and fighting islands. Although they are of high standards, they help thefighting island to defend the normal island and also fight back at other islandsif need be. They are masters of survey, pin pointing enemy locations andlaunching powerful air attacks against enemy lines. They are one of very fewthat can attack both land and sea enemies. They are a hard enemy as they taketo the skies, attack in vast numbers and have an aerial view of the entirebattle field. Their location, the east side of the Fighting island, has giventhem the advantage when it comes to protecting their other ally, but adisadvantage when they are attacked from the southeast. They are able to flydirectly to the Fighting island, pick up troops and continue straight forNormal island. When attacked they must either wait for ships to arrive orsacrifice troops to pick up their ally in the opposite direction and thenreturn. Their numbers are not what they use to be and times are gettingdifficult for them and their allies.

Rock Island

The island of rockholds stubborn people, reluctant to reveal information. They have a closealliance with the ground island, who they share their information to. The twoislands are well into the war, being some of the main contributors; however,they mainly act on defence, although they can attack with great amounts offorce if need be. The rock island is more defence than offence, and thisreflects their attitudes toward others greatly. They rely on their partner tohelp them in strategic placement of troops and citizens to avoid damage andcasualties done to their land.

Ground Island

The island of groundhas calm people and seems completely opposite to that of their alliance, therock island, who they are close with. They are willing to share informationwith anyone it will concern, especially if it has something to do with thatisland. They contribute in the war, mainly defending themselves and the rockisland, as the two are considered power houses. They are strong in bothdefending and attacking power, however their main strength is their offenceover their defence. They can cause lots of damage in short amounts of time.They rely on their partner a lot during battle, as they have a greaterunderstanding of how to effectively defend the islands.

Dark Island

The island of darkholds people of secrets, and people who know all. They are in an alliance withthe psychic and ghost islands, which have similar traits to them. They as agroup are well involved in the war, their main trait being attacks. They are asneaky group and usually attack when least expected or on no warning. They areoffended easily, which in turn leads to attack and are disrespectful to thegameplay of war. Both of its cities are located near the water, and this hasenabled them to send out double the ships and troops than that of otherislands, however, they have no idea of how to protect themselves from attacksthat are too great for them to handle and often retreat when that happens.

Psychic Island

The island of psychichas people who know and see all. Some can read minds of people, which makesthem a very tough opponent. They are in an alliance with the dark and ghostisland, and well into the war. The psychic island is the more caring of thegroup. They tend to be more rule following than the other two, but do breakthem occasionally. They too are easily offended, resulting in a attack againstthose who offend them. They, like a few other islands, are very hard to fightbut they are balanced in their attacks and defences. The layout of their citesand towns, has allowed them to have a 360 degree view of their island and socan see any incoming enemy or friendly ship approaching them.

Ghost Island

The island of ghosthas protective, sneaky and silent people. They are in an alliance with the darkand psychic islands. The ghost island can be very daunting at times, and alsovery sneaky. They will find out any piece of information that they desire, throughany means necessary. They can also be nasty when needed, attacking with a greatamount of force. They are not as easily offended as the other two islands andare often seen lurking in the shadows. Their largest city is well protectedunlike its other residential areas. Most of its roads lead into caves wherethey are most experienced. They are very fast and can quickly evade anddisappear from enemies.

Steel Island

The island of steelholds strong willed people and people of power. They are in an alliance withthe dragon island, which are both major competitors in the war. They are strongin most areas of combat, but lack numbers due to their type. They have no preferredtarget, but tend to attack those who have attacked the innocent; however, theywill attack if they feel threatened, plotted against or if structural damage isdone to their islands. Having a strong alliance with the Dragon island has madethe two strong opponents. However, their numbers do effect this but it hasnever stopped them from achieving their goals. Only losing one battle, theSteel island have earned a reputation and now they are being targeted moreoften.

Dragon Island

The island of dragonholds strong willed people and people of power. They are in an alliance withthe steel island, both of which are major competitors in the war. They arestrong in most areas of combat, but also lack in numbers due to their type.They have no preferred target, but tend to attack those who have attacked theinnocent; however, they will attack if they feel threatened, plotted against orif structural damage is done to their islands. Being a strong opponent, theyhaven't actually being attacked all that much, but when they have, they'vealways won. They are constantly on guardand watching the war. They are considered a referee, along with their ally. Sowhen an attack has been unjustified or uncalled for, they join sides with thevictims for a short period of time, before heading back to their island.

Come and check it out!
Old December 22nd, 2012, 09:19 PM
Blazing Inferno

It has nearly been a month already since my last post. But not to worry, this game ain't dead yet!
I will not be giving up on this. In saying that, I would love to say that huge progress has been done but sadly it hasn't. Although some progress has been made.

Most of the events of the player's home island at the start of the game are almost done. (I still havent' posted it here yet! I will get to it, trust me)
The begining events of the Fire Island have begun and after I hopefully, (hopefully) get some feedback it will be done.
Two routes, (well 1 and a half routes) are completed on the Fire island as well.

If anyone have comments on what starters they would like to set in this game, please feel free to post your suggestion.

That's all I have for now. More updates and post will be up soon.

Oh and has anyone been thinging of who the mystery starters might be???? - Soon to be revealed

Come and check it out!
Old December 23rd, 2012, 01:29 AM
Arma
Actually not mad at all

Nature: Jolly
Just a quick comment about the islands: You do realize that it's taking a lot of effort to just map everything right? Even if you do map everything, you got 17 * 4 = 56 cities! that's enough to fill out two regions. I had half of that in my previous game, and I had troubles making sure each city has its own distinguishable features.

I like your idea, but really, most things don't look well thought of. You should finish all your planning first before even considering starting to map/program...
Old December 28th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Blazing Inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by elarmasecreta View Post
Just a quick comment about the islands: You do realize that it's taking a lot of effort to just map everything right? Even if you do map everything, you got 17 * 4 = 56 cities! that's enough to fill out two regions. I had half of that in my previous game, and I had troubles making sure each city has its own distinguishable features.

I like your idea, but really, most things don't look well thought of. You should finish all your planning first before even considering starting to map/program...

Thanks for your input. I know that there is a lot of content in this game, city/town wise as well as routes, but I haven't spent much time on this project and looking toward the future, this is probably going to end up being done in my spare time, a side project as you will.

At the moment, I am taking more time to design routes that the towns (haven't gotten to a city quite yet#, but it isn't bothering me much.

And to answer your question a bit more, I know everyone would be against this but, I am designing the story an island ahead of where I am and mapping areas needed as I get to them.
For example: Story
Fire Island - it is done to where is needed
Electric Island - it is only partially done #next island for fire starter - early story)

Mapping
Fire Island - around half done, with only one and a half maps actually needed for the story.
Electric Island - none.

May style for this might not be the best however, it works for me and my lifestyle.

Edit:
Here is the player's home island

Central Island - Player's home island
Spoiler:

Come and check it out!

Last edited by Blazing Inferno; December 28th, 2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Added player's home island
Old January 13th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Blazing Inferno

Hey guys. Again it has been a while since I posted here. I have come to the conclusion to stop posting to this thread until I have further developed this game. And also as of now, this will be a side project of a side project. What I mean by this is that I will actually be devoting most of my 'game creation time' to a different project that I have. Whether or not it makes an appearance on these forums, only time will tell. My reasons for this is that Pokemon: Type Wars, as elarmasecreta pointed out, hasn't been fully planned out and it isn't flowing to me as it once was. Another reason is that my other game has more meaning to me that this one, as I could say it kind of started when I was much younger, playing with my toys. That was its origin.

So all in all, this game will still be under development but not as my main priority.

So that is what is happening.

This thread can now be closed/locked by a mod please.

Come and check it out!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links