• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Is there an item that can increase the chances of hitting 5 times for multi hit moves like Bullet Seed? I keep thinking there's an item, but I'm not totally sure.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Is there an item that can increase the chances of hitting 5 times for multi hit moves like Bullet Seed? I keep thinking there's an item, but I'm not totally sure.

Unfortunately, there is only Skill Link. :c You MIGHT (idk) be thinking of the Metronome, which increases the damage of a move if used over and over in succession (much like Fury Cutter), but beyond that, nothing does what Skill Link do.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You can't judge a Pokemon when it's hatched really because there are very few values it can be at that point. What I usually do is save the game, give it all the Rare Candies I have (usually about 9), mark down the stats and level and check out the IVs at that level, then reset it so I still have the Rare Candies to use again on another Pokemon. May not be the most efficient way but it works for me to get a rough idea of if a Pokemon is workable or not.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Because after the Pokemon is hatched its IVs are set. Hatch, save, level with rare candies, check IVs, reset. It's the same Pokemon with the same IVs.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
How will you know a Pokemon is workable then?

Because after the Pokemon is hatched its IVs are set. Hatch, save, level with rare candies, check IVs, reset. It's the same Pokemon with the same IVs.

You can also use the IV judge in the Battle Subway to help give an indication if your Pokemon's IVs are generally high, as well as what stat has the best IV.

A larger answer; You have a few ways you can check the IVs of your Pokemon, the Method mentioned by Toujours is one of the more time consuming but at the same time easier ways to do it if you have access to either an AR or had prepared before hand.

Another way you can check is to set up a mock battle between yourself on two se[erate DS's using two different current Generation games. You can set the rules so the Pokemon auto level to 50 and then use thier calculated stats from that on one of the IV Calculators found across the internet. These calculators give more accurate results IF you go to the IV Checker and input what he tells you as well.

These are the two most used ways to check IVs. I believe you can also upload the Pokemon to Pokecheck and they can give you an IV for the Pokemon. There may be other sites like that as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The best way to check IVs would be with Pokecheck, honestly. Cause when you send your Pokemon to it, it'll tell you your IVs, EVs, HP Power, etc. But if you have an Action Replay already, then that'd probably be more efficient. I use Pokecheck though since I dislike AR and don't intend on buying one.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Back to hacked pokerus, if it's the default strain (may be hacked) thing, it doesn't matter. No one cares about that and you can use it in battles with no repercussions. On the other hand, if you get a strand that is red and says Hacked Pokerus, that is hacked for certain. You can try passing it to see if the next 'mon who gets it will get the orange but the red should be released. Red is bad (unless you're dealing with nicknamed Pokemon from gen 4, another story completely), orange is only iffy.

Now for my question. Does anyone have any ideas on how to finish the last Brycenman movie? I'm having trouble KOing everything in one move, something always survives. :(

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Now for my question. Does anyone have any ideas on how to finish the last Brycenman movie? I'm having trouble KOing everything in one move, something always survives. :(

Did a quick search for this on GameFAQs. Counter and Reversal are key to winning. Hope this helps.

Code:
Brycen Man Strikes Back Harder                                          [BRY4]

How to unlock: Have a happy (good) endings in all other movies.

PLOT: Brycen-Man is back? The battle transcends space!
MISSION: Knock out an opponent every scene.

Total Scenes: 6

Rental Pokemon: 

Lucario     (Male)
Lv. 99      (Fighting/Steel)
Ability:    Inner Focus
Holding:    Focus Sash
Vacuum Wave [Fighting/Special]
Reversal    [Fighting/Physical]
Counter     [Fighting/Physical]
Drain Punch [Fighting/Physical]

Opponent: Brycen-Man

Weavile   (Male)
Lv. 99    (Dark/Ice)
Ability:  Pressure
Holding:  Quick Claw
Ice Shard [Ice/Special]

Houndoom  (Male)
Lv. 99    (Dark/Fire)
Ability:  Early Bird
Holding:  Chople Berry
Fire Fang [Fire/Physical]

Hydreigon    (Male)
Lv. 99       (Dark/Dragon)
Ability:     Levitate
Holding:     Oran Berry
Dragon Pulse (Dragon/Special]

Bisharp   (Male)
Lv. 99    (Dark/Steel)
Ability:  Defiant
Holding:  Expert Belt
Iron Head [Steel/Physical]

Sharpedo (Male)
Lv. 99   (Water/Dark)
Ability: Rough Skin
Holding: Water Gem
Aqua Jet [Water/Physical]

Zoroark  (Male)
Lv. 99   (Dark)
Ability: Illusion
Holding: Dark Gem
Payback  [Dark/Physical]

SCRIPT:

Scene 1: Use everything you know and have!
Scene 2: Use everything you know and have!

Line Choices:    Outcome: Enemy Moves:
"Bring it on!"   Good     --*
"What was that?" Bad      --*

Scene 3: Use everything you know and have!

Line Choies:   Outcome:    Enemy Moves:
"As expected!" Good        --*
"Whatever!"    Bad/Strange --*

Scene 4: Use everything you know and have!
Scene 5: Use everything you know and have!
Scene 6: Use everything you know and have!

Good Ending:
Scene 1: Drain Punch
Scene 2: Counter
Choose GOOD option ("Bring it on!")
Scene 3: Reversal
Choose GOOD option ("As expected!")
Scene 4: Drain Punch
Scene 5: Drain Punch
Scene 6: Reversal
-(Pay attention to the moves each Pokemon has, they only have one move each,
 if they move first, use a move that attacks back (Counter, etc). If they move 
 second, take the initiative (Force palm, etc). Read up on the opponent's
 moves and Pokemon in the Script carefully!)

Bad Ending:
-Get KO'd
-Fail to KO the enemies

Strange Ending:
-Choose Dialogue choice "Whatever!" at the second option (it is considered
 the "Bad" option, but I marked it as "Strange" as well since it gets you
 this one)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I broke the Colress Machine on a Crustle in Seaside Cave. Is this bad?

No, the machine is supposed to break. After the one Crustle, the machine becomes completely useless.

I applied 100 evs to my Sp atk. Is it still possible to find an IV stat with some EV training?

Not entirely sure what you're asking here, but if you want to ask something about EV and IV training and such, refer to this guide here.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I broke the Colress Machine on a Crustle in Seaside Cave. Is this bad?
I don't think you need the Colress Machine anymore after battling the Crustle, so it's not bad at all.
I applied 100 evs to my Sp atk. Is it still possible to find an IV stat with some EV training?

You can still find the IVs of your Pokemon at that point, or possibly before, if your Pokemon is at a high enough level.

Edit: Jellicent ninja'd me in the first question

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Like level 50 or something?

Around that area, preferably, but level 20 or above will do too.

You can check IVs in the Battle Subway/Battle Institute; both facilities autolevel all Pokemon to 50 for the duration for their challenges. The latter is preferred, as the game won't autosave before entering, as saving before the Battle Subway challenge might force you to redo your EV training from scratch if the Pokemon's IVs aren't what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back