The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 9th, 2012 (01:01 PM). Edited November 20th, 2014 by CureYoshiDarkness.
CureYoshiDarkness
Die Cosmos; Sie gehören mir.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle

Friendship is Magic
~
The MLP Fan Club

Owners: Denny Hamlin, CureYoshiDarkness
image credit: joycall6 ~ tumblr

The Mane 6 Ponies ★

Twilight Sparkle
Cherrim
Godot17
Astinus
Blaze42
Gideon Jeremiah
Roxanne Rosie
Leijon
chibi_glaceon,
Starry Windy
CureYoshiDarkness
SonicBlazePlatinum
Peitharchia
Orogenes
Sheep
Demon Days

Applejack
destinedjagold
Synerjee
Sora
Isaac
Digital Eevee
Adventure
Trainer Marsh
Goatie
Condroid 2.0
Pickle-Spaghetti
Judge Mandolore Shepard

Rainbow Dash
Meowing Mewtwo
♣Gawain♣
DeathofShadows
halcyonic.
Rainbow Daaash
White Mage
DashieFactory
RàinbowDàsh
Espeon EX
IcyFlame
BromiskoTB
SovietDash
TheRainbowFennekin
PSNGhost
Discord.
Polar Spectrum
Malek Warhawk

Fluttershy
awolfsquared
U_Flame
Darklugia55
xxReshiramxx
MonoSpectator
Aisu
hysteriX
Urugamosu
electro12
Rai
BlueMudkipz
HeyLoro
kuzronk
Shiarra
txteclipse
Karinmo
Shhmew
Brendino
LokiofSassgard
bewbs
TGM
Rin Okumura

Rarity
Denny Hamlin
Houndour2005
Gleam Noyrem
GreenGoblin
KriegStein
lineofdeath
Alakazam17
Riolucario11
Monster Guy
RagingThunder555
Arcturus.

Pinkie Pie
Pinkie-Dawn
Lokiepie
Lateon
Mockingjay
teamVASMIR
Buoysel
SomariFeyWright
bizebest
Trainer_Deadpool
Shimmer Mint
JediWartortle
TMinster
Farred Sky
ZekromWhite123
Torchick08

Introduction

Welcome, bronies and pegasisters (everyone, for that matter!) to the second reincarnation of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fan club! Brought to you by yours truly! What is this club basically about? Ponies, of course! Discuss about the current fandom, the episodes that have already aired, as well as the current and past seasons altogether. You can also discuss the ponies themselves, as well as their character development and more. Any discussion regarding the franchise itself, merchandise, TV show/movies, fan content, pretty much ANYTHING, past gen or present, you can talk about it here.

You might as well ask, What’s with the fandom towards the current generation?

You may be wondering about that. Unlike the previous generations of My Little Pony, this generation is more open-minded towards the demographic target, and well...in my opinion, it’s the best show around. I can guarantee you that you’ll enjoy it!

If you’re curious as to what this generation is all about, I highly encourage you to watch the Pilot episodes of the show (Season 1, Episode 1 & 2), in my perspective, that was the episode that got me hooked. ;)

Cursor Credit: kirigakurenohaku @ deviantart

Rules

★ ~ All PokeCommunity and FC&G rules apply here
This is self-explanatory.

★ ~ Regarding Youtube videos & episode links
You may share a clip of the episode in discussion, or the episode that has recently aired, but please do not post full episodes. Also, please do not post links to download the episodes!

★ ~ Beware of spoilers
It is highly recommended to use the spoiler tags if you wish to discuss the episode in detail, or comment on the episode since there will be other people that haven't seen it just yet. This rule only apply to Season 5 episodes. If you want to discuss an episode that aired before Season 5, the spoiler tags are not required.
Rule lifted until Season 5!

★ ~ Discussion is "anything goes"
As long as it's about ponies and nothing else but ponies. But please don't change the topic too much! I'll let y'all know if we're changing the topic too much or going too fast :P However, everyone is encouraged to start a new discussion should the previous topic had died.

★ ~ Keep discussion civil
No bashing, trolling, flaming, etc. Respect other bronies/pegasisters, and their opinions towards their favorite ponies. Also don’t join the club if you plan to bring da hate.

★ ~ As Pinkie Pie would say, BRING OUT THE PARTY CANNON!
Have fun!

Sign-Up!

There’s three things I require from you: Your Username and Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6. I will separate each member to their favorite pony group. Also, when signing up, please say a few words about the club (on the "additional information" field), or explain why <insertponyhere> is your favorite…or try to be on topic when you join. Posts that don’t contain additional information will not be granted access to the club.

Active club members will receive an emblem for their participation, as well as for their contributions to the club.

The Magic of Friendship
Have you ever wonderered what friendship could be? That's until you shared your magic with me!

Username:
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6:
Additional Information:(Why did you choose <pony>? What got you into MLP? etc)

Fandom Resources

Want to venture out in the brony fandom? Our members, as well as myself have compiled with many places, as well as many things to explore around! As we are in dry season right now, you can never have too much pony. Don't forget to discuss your experiences here in this club!

FiMFiction.Net - your #1 fanfiction website.
Fillydelphia Radio - Music for everypony.
Poniverse.net - The website home to MLP Forums, and Pony.fm. Denny Hamlin is on the forums as Starflower.
Equestria Daily - all your MLP news in one place!
DeviantArt - Of course, we have art to appreciate!
Equestria Jukebox - another website for your music needs.
My Little Pony Subreddit - Everything about MLP in one subreddit. WARNING: highly addictive. Also it's SFW so no need to worry.
Old November 10th, 2012 (08:25 PM).
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
First to join. Woo. Glad we got another MLP club cause I miss the old one.
Username: AWsquared
Your Favorite Pony: Fluttershy I guess since you have to add me to a single group. She's really cute and it's funny when see acts assertive and fails cause of her shyness.
Additional Information: I got into MLP because of a particular drawing on DeviantART. I really liked it, but didn't know what FiM was back then so I googled it. I thought it was all a joke at first. Why would a bunch of guys watch My Little Pony, a show for little girls? I thought bronies were all joking and that people watched it to make fun of the show. One day afriend of mine posted a link to episode 1 on his friend's Facebook wall. I asked him what was the big deal with the show and he just said it was good. I still didn't understand why. After seeing so many artwork on DA I decide to give in and watch. I thought one episode wouldn't hurt, just to see what all the fuss was about. The first episode really dragged me in. And it was a two-parter so I had to watch episode 2. I did and ended up enjoying it. I watched the rest of season 1 and then became hooked to the series. It was around November 9 2011 when I admitted to myself that I've become a brony.

Also season 3 premiere was today. What did you think of today's episode?
Besides the amount of Gak

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old November 11th, 2012 (10:27 AM).
Axeliira
we all got the spark

Nature: Brave
I had a friend that linked the first episode to me (because after four episodes he became a brony), and I disregarded them. A week later I went to YT and watched them, and got insta-hooked. xD

And yeah, Season 3 Episodes 1 & 2 were pretty good!

Spoiler:
To be quite honest, most of the action happened in episode 2 than in episode 1, when I was expecting most of the action to happen in both episodes (just like the previous events like Discord and the Canterlot Wedding. I mean, that's just my opinion though).

Though, it was great to see Cadence and Shining Armor appear in this event once again. And great to see Spike saving the day!

I found a gif that represents my favorite moment of the episode. Silly Pinkie. xD

Ever think that you could lose your mind, could it be the big d r e a m you'll find.
No more waiting cause it's almost time, everything is gonna be a l r i g h t.
moderator of fan clubs & groups ~ paired to buoysel & kanzler
Old November 12th, 2012 (02:11 AM).
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post
[/spoiler]
Yes this was the funniest part. XD And then Fluttershy's reaction to standing in her disguise was hilarious.

And here's my thoughts on the Season 3 premiere episodes.

Spoiler:
I like the episodes, they were great.Not the best season openers, but still good episodes. Though I don't think King Sombra got enough screentime. I wish he got more action in the first episode. GAK got more screentime than him. He seemed like he'd make a good villain though, if he had more development. Still a good episode and had lots of humor. The scene mentioned above is a good example. Pinkie Pie and Rarity had some funny moments throughout. Also Spike saving the day instead of Twilight was really, really awesome.

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old November 12th, 2012 (04:10 AM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Yay the pony club is back. My favorite pony is..well one cannot simply pick a favorite pony, but if I have to choose one it'd be Fluttershy. Obviously my username is U_Flame.

Since people tend to hate bronies at my school, my brony friends and I send references to ponies in public through inside jokes. For example, in acting class, we had a short scene that involved my acting partner calling out to me, in te scene, I pretended not to hear him so responded with "louder!" To which he responded quickly, "yay". No one got it, but we were proud.

I must agree that Pinkie's Fluttershy costume that she randomly just had from nowhere (probably pulled it from her hole in space-time continuum) and Fluttershy's reaction was the best part.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old November 12th, 2012 (08:21 AM).
Axeliira
we all got the spark

Welcome U_Flame! Another Fluttershy fan <3

Yeah, I tend to throw out some brony hints as well, especially after saying yes to a question, I tend to say "eeeeeeeeeeeeyup" instead of actual "yes" xD. Of course, almost no one at my college are bronies, so they wouldn't get it. lol

Spoiler:
I agree that there's too much gak commercials. Make a gak commercial about ponies and we'll be ok. :P

Ever think that you could lose your mind, could it be the big d r e a m you'll find.
Old November 13th, 2012 (08:14 PM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

I use eeyup too! Yes is becoming less frequent in my vocabulary.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old November 16th, 2012 (01:34 AM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Username: destinedjagold
Your Favorite Pony: Applejack~
Additional Information: At first, Fluttershy was my top fav, but over the days, I felt liking more of Applejack, especially her hat and her accent. I became a brony earlier this year, and I blame my youngest brother for it. He forced me to watch it with him, but as the eldest, it was kinda my job not to be a killjoy after seeing his very wide grin. Though I only promised to watch one episode. Yeah, just one episode, I said. The clock ticked midnight as soon as I finished watching every single episodes from Seasons 1 and 2. xD
Old November 16th, 2012 (02:22 AM). Edited November 16th, 2012 by Synerjee.
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

Nature: Relaxed
Username: synerjee

Favourite pony: I have two favourites, Applejack and Fluttershy, but if I have to pick between the both of them, it'll have to be Applejack. :3

Additional information: At first, I heard about MLP through a friend casually mentioning that her brother watches it and that he said it was good. I didn't think much about it and ignored it, thinking it must be some girly show and that why was my friend's brother watching it lol?! Many, many months later, I heard about it again and my curiosity increased to a point where I decided to give the first episode a shot and well..here I am now! xD

I chose Applejack as my favourite pony as I love her country accent as well as her faithful and strong personality. I think I need not say more. :D

Oh, and my thoughts about the 3rd season:

Spoiler:
I think it was really good, except that they should have developed King Sombra a little bit more. All he really did was float around, look malicious and growl menacingly. Overall, it was an awesome episode. Great animation, great storyline. <3

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old November 16th, 2012 (02:53 AM).
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Username: BinaryPeaches
Your Favorite Pony: Applejack!
Additional Information: Uhm ... not sure. It's almost 6am and I should be heading to sleep. But been a fan since ... idk end of season one or something? After season one ended? Either way I'm not into the show enough to be called a 'brony' or whatever but I like watching it to pass the time. It's cute, the animation is really nice, and it has it's moments! ♥

As for season premier...
Spoiler:
It was neat! It wasn't as great as the other two season's but honestly it would have been really hard to top the villians of the first two. I'm sure if King Sombra or whatever got more character things would have changed but nope. Didn't happen sadly. Still, it was nice and loved seeing Spike being the one to save the day rather than Twilight!
Old November 21st, 2012 (08:17 AM). Edited November 21st, 2012 by Houndour2005.
Houndour2005

Username: Houndour2005
Your Favorite Pony: Rarity
Additional Information: I was a member of the other FiM club too.
I found FiM after watching the FiM avatars, sigs and more last autumn.
Rarity is my favorite pony beside Applejack as I can relate to them most.
My friends and family knows I'm a Brony.

On saturday it's One Bad Apple with the new character Babs Seed.

Spoiler:

My thought on the S3 opening.

Spoiler:
All summer worth the wait.
It was like a crossover between Beauty and the Beast and Atlantis by Disney.
King Sombra reminds me of the Groke from the Moomins stop motion from 1979.
Old November 21st, 2012 (08:37 AM).
Axeliira
we all got the spark

Hay guys! I got you all on the list finally. Welcome aboard! ^_^

Honestly, I am behind one episode because of schoolwork/illness/birthday! So I'll catch up today while I have a few days off from school :3 In the meantime,

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
Username: destinedjagold
Your Favorite Pony: Applejack~
Additional Information: At first, Fluttershy was my top fav, but over the days, I felt liking more of Applejack, especially her hat and her accent. :) I became a brony earlier this year, and I blame my youngest brother for it. He forced me to watch it with him, but as the eldest, it was kinda my job not to be a killjoy after seeing his very wide grin. Though I only promised to watch one episode. Yeah, just one episode, I said. The clock ticked midnight as soon as I finished watching every single episodes from Seasons 1 and 2. xD
Yeah it was hard to decide on a favorite pony! xD Twilight Sparkle was my first favorite. Then Rarity kinda took over. lol Welcome aboard to the club by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
Username: synerjee

Favourite pony: I have two favourites, Applejack and Fluttershy, but if I have to pick between the both of them, it'll have to be Applejack. :3

Additional information: At first, I heard about MLP through a friend casually mentioning that her brother watches it and that he said it was good. I didn't think much about it and ignored it, thinking it must be some girly show and that why was my friend's brother watching it lol?! Many, many months later, I heard about it again and my curiosity increased to a point where I decided to give the first episode a shot and well..here I am now! xD

I chose Applejack as my favourite pony as I love her country accent as well as her faithful and strong personality. I think I need not say more. :D

Oh, and my thoughts about the 3rd season:

Spoiler:
I think it was really good, except that they should have developed King Sombra a little bit more. All he really did was float around, look malicious and growl menacingly. Overall, it was an awesome episode. Great animation, great storyline. <3
Welcome to the club synerjee <3 I adore Applejack's country accent too, and it seems to catch on to me a lot...to a point where I mimic her accent lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
Username: BinaryPeaches
Your Favorite Pony: Applejack!
Additional Information: Uhm ... not sure. It's almost 6am and I should be heading to sleep. But been a fan since ... idk end of season one or something? After season one ended? Either way I'm not into the show enough to be called a 'brony' or whatever but I like watching it to pass the time. It's cute, the animation is really nice, and it has it's moments! ♥

As for season premier...
Spoiler:
It was neat! It wasn't as great as the other two season's but honestly it would have been really hard to top the villians of the first two. I'm sure if King Sombra or whatever got more character things would have changed but nope. Didn't happen sadly. Still, it was nice and loved seeing Spike being the one to save the day rather than Twilight!
Hi Peachy! :D Welcome aboard! I must agree with you on the change of pace. Spike saving the day was a better ending rather than the usual, it's a great change for now. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndour2005 View Post
Username: Houndour2005
Your Favorite Pony: Rarity
Additional Information: I found FiM after watching the FiM avatars, sigs and more last autumn.
Rarity is my favorite pony beside Applejack as I can relate to them most.
My friends and family knows I'm a Brony.

Spoiler:
On saturday it's One Bad Apple with the new character Babs Seed.

My thought on the S3 opening.

Spoiler:
All summer worth the wait.
It was like a crossover between Beauty and the Beast and Atlantis by Disney.
King Sombra reminds me of the Groke from the Moomins stop motion from 1979.
Yay for a Rarity fan! *brohoof* Welcome to the club :D

Oh, and...you don't have to spoil the preview towards the next episode. xD What you do need to spoil is the picture. :P

Old November 21st, 2012 (02:42 PM).
Houndour2005

Spoiler clip inserted for One Bad Apple.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/1...-apple-clip.ht
Old November 21st, 2012 (05:26 PM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Not much discussion about the Pinkie episode? I have to say, my favorite craziness in that episode was
Spoiler:
Pinkie slowing her fall whispering, "wheee...." Also swimming on land. Everyone makes a big deal about fingers and old gen pinkie face, but I still love her swimming scenes most

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old November 21st, 2012 (08:51 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Joining! Username is obvious but you can all call me Erica. n_n

Your Favorite Pony: I... I guess Twilight Sparkle? Or Rainbow Dash? I don't really have a favourite. I love most of them.
Additional Information: I originally expected to hate MLP:FIM because I was never a fan of MLP growing up at all but the animation is really pretty so I kept watching it and before I knew it I was hooked. n_n Got my roommate into it so he and I watch the episodes together.

Anyway! I did not enjoy the season opener at all and was scared I might want to drop the series this season if that level of quality kept up but I really enjoyed the Pinkie Pie episode from this week so crisis averted! I'm surprised I liked it so much because I generally dislike Pinkie Pie's episodes (I think she's the only one I don't like in the Mane 6) so yay!

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old November 21st, 2012 (11:11 PM).
Axeliira
we all got the spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
Joining! Username is obvious but you can all call me Erica. n_n

Your Favorite Pony: I... I guess Twilight Sparkle? Or Rainbow Dash? I don't really have a favourite. I love most of them.
Additional Information: I originally expected to hate MLP:FIM because I was never a fan of MLP growing up at all but the animation is really pretty so I kept watching it and before I knew it I was hooked. n_n Got my roommate into it so he and I watch the episodes together.

Anyway! I did not enjoy the season opener at all and was scared I might want to drop the series this season if that level of quality kept up but I really enjoyed the Pinkie Pie episode from this week so crisis averted! I'm surprised I liked it so much because I generally dislike Pinkie Pie's episodes (I think she's the only one I don't like in the Mane 6) so yay!
I'll put you on the Twilight Sparkle list. :D Welcome, Erica! ^___^

I was a bit mixed on the season opener too as I wasn't all too convinced on the new enemy. I felt that it should have more emphasis on his plan rather than more focused on what the ponies would do imo.

I did watch the Pinkie Pie episode earlier today. HILARIOUS, I must say. xD

Anyways, everypony! Think I should start a topic if y'all don't mind!

What's everyone's favorite song from the series?

Old November 22nd, 2012 (12:21 AM). Edited November 22nd, 2012 by Synerjee.
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

What's everyone's favorite song from the series?

Now THIS is a hard question! I found a video with all of season 1 and 2's music and listened to it over and over. I have a few favourites and it was a very tough decision. But I think I have finally decided!

Between Winter Wrap-up, Art of the Dress, Smile, At the Gala, Type of Pony, BBBFF and Perfect (unsure of the real title), I would have to say:

Perfect (The video has been linked to the correct time, just click play!)

Oh and my views on Episode 3 - Too Many Pinkie Pies: LOVED IT! This need not be spoiler'd. xD

Old November 22nd, 2012 (12:25 AM).
Houndour2005

I loved Too Many Pinkie Pie's.

Spoiler:

I liked Pinkie Pie's G3 face.
It seems like books are important for the Season finale.
Old November 22nd, 2012 (03:34 AM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

My favorite song is between Best Pet and Smile. Fluttershy was so adorable in Best Pet, also Derpy's appearance made it 20% cooler. Smile is just so cheerful, I can never resist smiling when I listen to that song! Also Pinkie Pie, 'nuff said.

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old November 22nd, 2012 (07:20 AM).
Houndour2005

My favorite song are Art of the Dress and Becoming Popular too.

Sleepless in Ponyville is on my Birthday the 8th December.

http://www.derpyhoovesnews.com/episo...yville-s03e06/
Old November 24th, 2012 (09:37 PM).
Axeliira
we all got the spark

Well, I'm excited for that one! Scootaloo is my favorite side pony and I'm happy that she's getting her own episode for once. Honestly I've been waiting for that since the start of Season 2.

For my favorite song..well I have two, and they're all from A Friend in Deed.

This song literally made me jump up, bounce on walls and just smile! I just love it!

I remember using this every time I welcome a new member to forums, and exclusively I use it here to welcome bronies <3

Anyone saw episode 4 already? :D

Old November 25th, 2012 (06:51 AM).
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

I've just watched Episode 4 - One Bad Apple. My views:

Spoiler:
Hmm..I felt that it was rather short for me in a sense that although it was 22 minutes long, it only seemed about half as long as the said duration. I don't know, I was quite sleepy while watching it so I might not have a clear enough mind to evaluate it properly. I don't have much to say about it, but all in all, I think it's a great CMC episode. :)

Old November 25th, 2012 (07:22 AM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I've just finished watching Episode 4 of Season 3, and here are my thoughts about the said episode...
Spoiler:
I like it. I like the story, though the sequencing was kinda rushed, and also, I don't really like Bad Seed's voice. =/ Well, I did like her voice at the beginning, but when she decided to join Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, her voice, kinda suddenly changed, and I did not like it, and it completely bothered me for the rest of the episode. =/
Old November 25th, 2012 (08:20 AM).
Houndour2005

One Bad Apple review

Spoiler:
Best episode of S3 so far. Characters and animation improved. I wrote about cinema in Ponyville weeks before Hurricane Fluttershy on Fimfiction.
Old November 25th, 2012 (10:33 PM).
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Oh my, Erica, you seem awfully lonely under the Twilight Sparkle group. Leaf Storm, you simply must add me there. Of course, Twilight Sparkle is best pony. I feel that I can relate to her a lot.

S3E4
Spoiler:
I really liked this episode. For a"How to deal with bullies" episode, it really set a high bar. Not to mention that the song was really good. Throughout the episode the animation is very detailed. The only thing was that Scootaloo might have been a bit OOC, and DT and SS were pretty shallow characters. I wish this wasn't the case, but oh well.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links