The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 19th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratizard View Post
That could be a problem. I never find shinies. I might return to hunting when I get the Shining charm, but even then I would probably never get shinies.

Congrats on all shinies and welcome to new members. It just hit me a few moments ago, that the old members keep leaving and new ones coming instead, and occasionally old ones returning.

Anyway, what's the deal with the shiny Haxorus I keep hearing about?

There is a free Interactable Shiny Haxorus you can get once you seen all 300 or so pokemon in the Unova Dex in Black 2 and White 2. You show your dex to Juniper and she will give you a ticket to the Nature Reserve. Go to the town with Skyla and go to the cargo building next to the runway and talk to the woman at the desk. Once you get to the Reserve,there is a Shiny Haxrus standing in the center of the grass area you can battle and catch at Level 50 or 60.
Old November 19th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Keruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
There is a free Interactable Shiny Haxorus you can get once you seen all 300 or so pokemon in the Unova Dex in Black 2 and White 2. You show your dex to Juniper and she will give you a ticket to the Nature Reserve. Go to the town with Skyla and go to the cargo building next to the runway and talk to the woman at the desk. Once you get to the Reserve,there is a Shiny Haxrus standing in the center of the grass area you can battle and catch at Level 50 or 60.
there's also a free shiny Dratini/Gible somewhere that's given to you

yeah, im still alive. i havent been here in a while, and yes, im still hunting. Oshawott has refused to shine for me so far, along with Charmander, so im taking a break and hunting in another game for awhile.

also, Flydro, it's not that you WILL get a shiny in 8192 encounters. it's EVERY encounter you get it's a 1/8192 shot that you will get a shiny
Old November 19th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Oh yeah. You get a Shiny Gible/Dratini,depending on your version if you beat all the areas of White Tree Hollow in White Forest in White 2 and what ever is the Hollow in Black City in Black 2.
Old November 19th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
I return again!

So... um... remember the shiny hunt I said I was going on? After a few days of that I got sick of it. Very. very. sick of it. I know some of you view the shiny charm as cheatin but I don't. The odds honestly didn't seem to different to me, even though they are allegedly 3x higher. But... that's not the point here.

So I was running around random areas if only to pass the time only an hour before I make this post. My friends had dropped by and we were getting food... One had sent me to victory road and they both insisted I keep hunting while we were out. So I did. I was bikin in the grass with an illuminate watchog leading the parade. By the time we actually left for food I had been biking around in that one patch of grass for maybe 20 minutes... and note this is a couple weeks after getting my charm. I'm waiting for them and kinda spacing out, as I seem to do with these things... And out of the corner of my eye I catch....

SHING! Sparkle sparkle~

A shiny! And not just any shiny... a shiny roselia... which we had JUST been talking about mere moments before the encounter. I was shaking pretty bad, shiny charm or no... and managed to catch it in one ultra ball after derping and letting my watchog die....

I didn't get a good picture yet... so I can only describe her...

Spoiler:

Pines
Level 49
Gentle/Likes to thrash about
119/78/47/107/96/77
Poison Point
Petal Dance/Toxic/Aromatherapy/Synthesis

Again, I understand some of you think this is kind of cheap since it was found while I had the shiny charm. But... I don't care personally. I'm as proud of her as I would be if I RE'd her with normal chances... though after all the time I spent in a drought? I may as well have!
Old November 20th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirozane View Post
I know some of you view the shiny charm as cheatin but I don't.
I agree, some people (like me) have really bad luck with shinies. When I get the Shining charm, I'm going to MM with 18x normal odds, and then my luck might even get close to Keruso's RE luck.
Oh, and, congratulations on that Roselia. That's a cool shiny.
Old November 20th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Necrum
Scourge of the Mushroom Kingdom!

Nature: Adamant
I wouldn't call Shiny charm cheating. It's the first time there's been a real reward for completing the National Pokedex! Which is an incredible feat in and of itself. Plus the chances are still pretty slim. Even Masuda Method is still 1 in 1024. Which is a much smaller bonus than the Wild Pokemon get.

I find it interesting that Masuda Method doesn't get the full 3x bonus to shiny encounters. Anyone else think that's strange?
Old November 20th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
I wouldn't call Shiny charm cheating. It's the first time there's been a real reward for completing the National Pokedex! Which is an incredible feat in and of itself. Plus the chances are still pretty slim. Even Masuda Method is still 1 in 1024. Which is a much smaller bonus than the Wild Pokemon get.

I find it interesting that Masuda Method doesn't get the full 3x bonus to shiny encounters. Anyone else think that's strange?
Not particularly. Masuda chances are pretty high as it is with 1/1024 with the charm... Any higher and I think it would ruin the novelty about as badly as rng does.
Old November 20th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Lifesolstice
Magikarp Tail

Nature: Naughty
Can I join, please! I love shiny hunting. I have a couple shinies, too! (:
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Ya,Poke Charm isn't cheating. It's a reward. Cheating is actually using AR to get one for 100%. And like me,I have really really bad luck. Ever sense I started playing,I have only encountered 3 shinies total 2 in which were in HG and 1 in gold. 1/1000 chance is still a very small chance. I still haven't had luck with Shiny Rufflet,but last night I got the feeling that I would soon get one. Hopefully the feeling isn't wrong Lol.
Old November 20th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Yami_Zidane
Scyther

Nature: Impish
I don't see the charm as cheating either. It's an actual part of the game, a reward. Its not something you artificially put into the game or used the RNG system, seems legit to me.

Anyway checking in, had a couple of days off, played Kingdom Hearts 3D, but now I've decided to SR for a Heatran for my squad. Never actually owned a shiny legendary before, so I'm hoping that will keep me motivated.

Need to get a Pokémon with syncronize with the right nature first, and get the magma stone. So much planning just to get a shiny, haha.

To all new members welcome, to all who have got a new mon, congrats and to everyone else happy hunting!

Last edited by Yami_Zidane; November 20th, 2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old November 21st, 2012, 08:11 AM
rager3
Akatsuki Member

Nature: Adamant
Big Update GUYS!!!!! I Got a Massive suprise last night at 8 PM ( 2PM in US)

I Was studying for my exam an got bored. So i decided to hunt for shinies but needed a console that i could hide before my parents came up haha :D

So i chose to hunt on my GameBoys and on my 54th Encounter guess What popped up ?!

Fotoğraf-0003.jpg

I'm so happy but i'm not gonna train it yet cause my lack of badges so when i get my 6th badge i'll EV train it .
I've also got a youtube channel with the video posted . Sorry about the quality i just can't seem to adjust my HD camera on the screen and its all flu.

Good luck on all your hunts

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Fo...8719781/1/#new

The greatest form of control is when you think you're free when you're being fundamentally manipulated and dictated to. One form of dictatorship is being in a prison cell and you can see the bars and touch them. The other one is sitting in a prison cell but you can't see the bars but you think you're free.
~Vinnie paz
Old November 21st, 2012, 07:10 PM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

So I kinda gave up on Starly but I tried again today, but still no Shiny. BUT I WILL GET IT DON'T WORRY GUYS!
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old November 21st, 2012, 07:47 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Currently owned Shiny Pokemon: Charmander, Vulpix, Magikarp, Gyrados, Zangoose, Wynaut, Luxray, Garchomp, Boldore, Woobat, and Haxorus
Currently huntin for : Paras, yes it sounds weird but I just happened to have a Japanese one in my posession.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old November 23rd, 2012, 01:19 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
Hope you guys all had a good Thanksgiving, SHC!

Thanks to Thanksgiving, I got a bit of time to hunt, and now I'm up to 4748 Eevee and 13047 Johto starters.

I was wondering about luck and was trying to see if there's a way to tell whether the shiny hunting gods hate me or not, and I tried to come up with something to measure how lucky/unlucky someone is at shiny hunting. Here's what I came up with:

What's more fun than unnecessarily complex formulas?

(Feel free to skip to the spoiler tag if you don't want to hear me rambling about numbers. )

Here, EPS means Encounters per Shiny and xEPS means expected Encounters per Shiny. For hunting in grass without a shiny charm, xEPS is pretty much always going to 8192, and EPS is going to be however many Pokemon you have to encounter on average in order to see a shiny. For example, if I found 10 shinies in 10,000 encounters, my EPS would be 1,000 (you can think of it as total Pokemon seen divided by the number of shinies you've found).

There are some neat things about this:
  • If your number is 0, your luck is completely neutral.
  • If your number is positive, shinies love you!
  • If your number is negative, shinies hide from you and you need some more luck buckets! :D
  • The highest number you can get is essentially 1 (technically 0.99987792968, but that's close enough, "lol"), which would mean that every single Pokemon you find is shiny. The closer you are to 1, the luckier you are!
  • There's no limit to how low your luck number could be, so you could theoretically have luck in the negative millions.
  • If you don't have any shinies, your luck is negative infinity! You have not yet enjoyed the thrill of a successful hunt, and every shiny hunter deserves to find a shiny at least some of the time!

Now this only works for hunts where you've counted every Pokemon encountered, and you can't count shinies you didn't hunt for because you wouldn't have an accurate number. You also need to make sure you include the hunts that haven't shined yet, since you get negative luck for not getting shinies.

I've counted 6 of my successful shiny hunts:

4196 for Elgyem
610 for Litwick
2559 for Abra
1000 for Spheal
5977 for Spiritomb
4188 for Druddigon

All of those numbers are less than 8192, so you would think that I have incredible luck, right? Well, if you include my hunts that are still ongoing, I've had an additional 37,986 encounters without another shiny, so my total EPS is 56516/6 = 9419.333.

Putting that into the Luck Equation gives me L = 1 - (9419.333/8192), which comes out to -0.150. So my luck is bad, but it's not all that far from being average.

Now for those of you who hunt with the Masuda Method or Shiny Charm, things get a lot more complicated:

Here,

ES% is the percentage of your shinies that you found through random encounters, soft resetting, and other 1/8192 events like fishing.
M4S% is the percentage of your shinies that you found through MMing in GenIV.
M5S% is the percentage of your shinies that you found through MMing in GenV.
SCES% is the percentage of your shinies that you found while hunting with the Shiny Charm in BW2, and
SCM5S% is the percentage of your shinies that you found through MMing in BW2 with the Shiny Charm.

EEPS is your EPS for encountered (or SRed) shinies, M4EPS is your EPS for GenIV MMing, etc.

This is really the same thing that I posted above, but it goes into detail in order to account for the variations between different xEPSes. The Masuda Method in GenIV gives you a shiny every 2048 eggs, so we have to separate MM shinies from random encounter/SR shinies. The percentage things are used to weigh the different factors proportionately; if you have 100 SR shinies but only 3 MM shinies, your fraction whose xEPS is 8192 should be 100/103 times greater than fraction with 2048 as its denominator. I technically used this formula too, but my Masuda% and Shiny Charm% were both 0 and my Encounter% was 100%, so the final ended up just needing my encountering numbers.

I wouldn't count all eggs hatched (since we're not counting randomly-hatched shinies), but whenever you hatch eggs with the intention of getting a shiny, you should probably count those eggs. Of course, this is all just for fun, so it's totally up to you.

If you want to find out a rough estimate on how lucky you are, feel free to use the formulas or send me a list of your shinies and how many encounters you spent on each one (and your encounters for unfinished hunts, too)!

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iZTwi View Post
Shiny Marowak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami_Zidane View Post
shiny Gurdurr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr. Draco View Post
I guess is the first legend to be posted in the club that can be found in black2/white2.
Quote:
the next regi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritingyoshi22 View Post
Shiny Bibarel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Krome View Post
shiny Cyndaquil!
Quote:
Wow! Another one already
Quote:
Now my update and again caught in a premier ball
Quote:
another shiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
Spoiler:
A shiny watchog!
Quote:
Now, time for an update, yes another one; this time it was in black at the Trial Chamber and again I used a premier ball, just that this time I caught it at full hp around the 3rd or 4th premier ball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
Ahhh, I did it! Shiny Latias is mine!!! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOfRemorse View Post
I know I hardly post here anymore, I give you all permission to smack me across the face with a shiny Magikarp I come with a new shiny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirozane View Post
shiny roselia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rager3 View Post
Big Update GUYS!!!!!

Woah, congrats on all those shinies! We've had a great month with all those shinies, haha.

Way to go, Chr. Draco, on getting 4!! I'm sure those are way over the weight limit for the monthly quest!

Le Krome seems to be on a roll too, with 3 just this month!!

Lunafloon, I noticed from your sig that you have a lot of yellow shinies, "lol." You might want to eventually go for all shinies of the same color, since you already have a bunch!

*throws a non-shiny Magikarp at NightOfRemorse to keep the shiny ones for himself*

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by imevil View Post
This club seems awesome, I've caught a shiny Zubat, Pidgeyotto and Zigzagoon. No to many but it was cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifesolstice View Post
Can I join, please! I love shiny hunting. I have a couple shinies, too! (:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy-Arcanine View Post
Hey guys, I would like to join the club. :3

As you can see on my signature, I have 16 shinies and I only use 1/8192 method.
I hunt shinies since 1 year and 1 month, approximately.
I try to hunt regularly, but now it's hard, because of school. And my examins who arrived so quickly

Actually, I am hunting on the road 217, on Platinium, at night. With delibird's herd.
I also hunt Volbeat and Illumise on BW, 100% rate. But I saw 15 000 Volbeat and 15 000 Illumise so this hunt is in break.

I have a Youtube channel, where I do videos of my shines, but it is in french. ( Is it authorized to share the link in the forum ? )

I think that's it, thanks.
Quote:
Hey guys,new here. This seems intersting. Right now the shinies I am looking for is Rufflet or Braviary,Hoothoot or Noctowl and Ho-oH at the moment.

Some of the shinies I have at the moment are the following:
x2 Shining Charizards
Tyranitar
Milotic from an event if I still have. Think I do,I'd have to check.
Cresselia
Heatran
Rapidash
Donphan
The Three Crown Beast x2 at least.
Eevee from event
Pichu from event
Cinccino
I use to have shining Hippop,but traded it. I may have more,just not coming to my head at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
Currently owned Shiny Pokemon: Charmander, Vulpix, Magikarp, Gyrados, Zangoose, Wynaut, Luxray, Garchomp, Boldore, Woobat, and Haxorus
Currently huntin for : Paras, yes it sounds weird but I just happened to have a Japanese one in my posession.

Welcome to the club!

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18

Last edited by G-Money; November 23rd, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 04:17 PM
Lifesolstice
Magikarp Tail

After hours of hatching with the Masuda Method in my Pokemon Black, I finally got a Shiny Happiny.

BR Chansey X JP Ditto

Last edited by Lifesolstice; November 24th, 2012 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Picture Enlargening
Old November 23rd, 2012, 06:50 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

So I have had about 4000 to 5000 encounters now and still no shiny Rufflet. I have also hatched about 50 or so eggs. I try to hatch eggs and do grass hunts at the same time now. I might just give up on Rufflet for now. Think I am gonna see if I can get a diffrent one for now.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:50 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Hello (:
These are my shiny Pokemon-

Gyarados (either 2 or 3) - Lake of Rage [Transferred from HG/SS to Diamond version]

Buneary - Global Trade [Original game unknown; currently on Diamond version]
Golbat - Random Encounter [White version]
Chikorita - Soft Resetting [HeartGold version]
Bidoof - Random Encounter [Diamond version *Forgot about it and deleted my save file

I currently would like to find the following shiny Pokemon-

Ponyta

Duskull (<3)
Ditto
Pinsir
Geodude or Onix

I generally use the Pokeradar or breed (sometimes with the Masuda method) to find shiny Pokemon. I forget the route number, but I like looking in a specific place for shinies on Diamond version. It has wild Ponyta, Geodude, the occasional Chansey, and some Kricketune. I would like having a shiny of any of these, so hunting there is ideal for me.

(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:32 PM
Keruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
Hello (:
These are my shiny Pokemon-

Gyarados (either 2 or 3) - Lake of Rage [Transferred from HG/SS to Diamond version]

Buneary - Global Trade [Original game unknown; currently on Diamond version]
Golbat - Random Encounter [White version]
Chikorita - Soft Resetting [HeartGold version]
Bidoof - Random Encounter [Diamond version *Forgot about it and deleted my save file

I currently would like to find the following shiny Pokemon-

Ponyta

Duskull (<3)
Ditto
Pinsir
Geodude or Onix

I generally use the Pokeradar or breed (sometimes with the Masuda method) to find shiny Pokemon. I forget the route number, but I like looking in a specific place for shinies on Diamond version. It has wild Ponyta, Geodude, the occasional Chansey, and some Kricketune. I would like having a shiny of any of these, so hunting there is ideal for me.

Great name, wonder where it came from (wink, wink)

what you want is around Solaceon Town. and this is without looking it up. also, Serebii.net, for those of you fledgling hunters, is a great place that has all the latest Pokemon news, and has maps and locations of every Poke in the games. this is usually how i decide where to hunt sometimes.

Well, Thanksgiving came and went, i worked overnight the past two nights, survived Black Friday at work, and been resetting for Ho-Oh all day, hoping for the shiny Turkey to shine for me (in HeartGold, i kinda stopped the hunt for awhile), but so far, nothing. ah well
Old November 24th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

It's not very encouraging for me to see new members with 10 times more shinies than me, and they haven't even started hunting. G, if those equations of yours are correct, what is my luck? I have encountered probably 1M Pokemon, and only two random shinies. That is not much.
Old November 24th, 2012, 05:43 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Sorry for not posting in forever yet again. Lol.

But! Alas! New shiny for me as well! Congrats on everyone elses' masses of the things!

Right now I'm trying to capture... shiny Lugia!!
Will elaborate more later

EDIT: Had to masterball it as it started struggling. Lugia shone after only 807 SRs! Amazing stuff :DD
Spoiler:

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; November 24th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old November 24th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I plan to restart my Heartgold Game later to see if I can get a shiny during the run of the story like I did the last time,I also want to get my Red Gyardos back. The main one I will be trying to get during the run through will a Hoothoot or Noctowl and a Miltank. I also want to try to get a Tentacool like I did back in the first Gold,but didn't know it was special at the time.
Old November 24th, 2012, 08:19 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post
Great name, wonder where it came from (wink, wink)

what you want is around Solaceon Town. and this is without looking it up. also, Serebii.net, for those of you fledgling hunters, is a great place that has all the latest Pokemon news, and has maps and locations of every Poke in the games. this is usually how i decide where to hunt sometimes.

Well, Thanksgiving came and went, i worked overnight the past two nights, survived Black Friday at work, and been resetting for Ho-Oh all day, hoping for the shiny Turkey to shine for me (in HeartGold, i kinda stopped the hunt for awhile), but so far, nothing. ah well
Thanks X)

Yeah, I just couldn't remember the name of the town or the route number. Honestly, I just haven't shiny hunted in a while...probably 3ish weeks (and I was just breeding Turtwig to get a shiny one as a Christmas gift for a friend).

Oh, good luck with the Ho-Oh. I reset my version of SoulSilver, so I haven't encountered any legendary Pokemon. It would be pretty difficult and too time-consuming to get shiny Entei/Suicine/Raikou. Perhaps I'll go after Lugia or the bird trio, instead.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old November 24th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Soar
n00b

Nature: Lonely
I wanna join!
I have only caught a shiny magnemite in the power plant in Emerald.
What is a soft reset to get shiny starters?

The shiny pokemon I want
~ All starters
~ Hypno <3
~ Gengar / Gastly / Haunter
~ Seel / Dewgong

Pokemon Snakewood Series: Click Here :D

Pokemon Emerald Series: Click Here :D

Pokemon Dark Energy: Click Here :D
Old November 24th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soar View Post
I wanna join!
I have only caught a shiny magnemite in the power plant in Emerald.
What is a soft reset to get shiny starters?

The shiny pokemon I want
~ All starters
~ Hypno <3
~ Gengar / Gastly / Haunter
~ Seel / Dewgong
Soft reset is when someone keeps resetting their game in order to try to get a shiny starter. You have to start a new game and check all the starters and see if they are shiny. If not the person uses the delete save file button click and starts a new game in order to see if there is a shiny. And you repeat until you get a shiny starter.
Old November 24th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Soar
n00b

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Soft reset is when someone keeps resetting their game in order to try to get a shiny starter. You have to start a new game and check all the starters and see if they are shiny. If not the person uses the delete save file button click and starts a new game in order to see if there is a shiny. And you repeat until you get a shiny starter.
Will the pokemon be shiny when you see their picture in the little box or do you actually have to accept them and battle to see if its shiny?

Pokemon Snakewood Series: Click Here :D

Pokemon Emerald Series: Click Here :D

Pokemon Dark Energy: Click Here :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here