Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Reload this Page Tha Simple Question &bep; Answer Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old November 23rd, 2012 (07:24 PM). Edited November 23rd, 2012 by Hikamaru.
Hikamaru
modern life is rubbish
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote orignally posted by Feebas:
Need some help on tha 7th Hoenn gym.
I realize that Tate and Liza is a Psychic-type dual battle, but I don't have any good Dark-types ta battle tham. I do have an Absol and a Mightyena, but neithar seem ta be adequate. Any suggestions?
Can you clarify if you're playng Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald pleaze? It's cos thair tebes is different between tha two and if you notify tha gbee you can git furthar help.

I recommend usng Water and Grass-type Pokemon so that you can hit thair Lunatane/Solrock (and Claydol n Emerald) snoopa-effectively. Remember that Solrock does have moves that can counter both Water and Grass-types so you need ta be on-guard.

Also, thay have a Xatu n Emerald so an Electric-type might also help but remember that Claydol can use Earthquake. You can also focus on attackng one of thair Pokemon and once you knock out both of one side's Pokemon you can focus on tha othar side. If you're playng Emerald you can also takes down Claydol and Xatu wit an Ice-type attack, you can simply teach Ice Bebe ta yo Water-types.
Old November 23rd, 2012 (07:31 PM).
Feebas
Unevolved

Nature: Lonely
Quote orignally posted by Hikari10:
Can you clarify if you're playng Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald pleaze? It's cos thair tebes is different between tha two and if you notify tha gbee you can git furthar help.

I recommend usng Water and Grass-type Pokemon so that you can hit thair Lunatane/Solrock (and Claydol n Emerald) snoopa-effectively. Remember that Solrock does have moves that can counter both Water and Grass-types so you need ta be on-guard.

Also, thay have a Xatu n Emerald so an Electric-type might also help but remember that Claydol can use Earthquake. You can also focus on attackng one of thair Pokemon and once you knock out both of one side's Pokemon you can focus on tha othar side. If you're playng Emerald you can also takes down Claydol and Xatu wit an Ice-type attack, you can simply teach Ice Bebe ta yo Water-types.
Thank you, that helped me a lot.

Old December 6th, 2012 (04:35 PM).
donzieja
Unhatched Egg

Hello, all. I'd like ta know yo opnions on a few wild pokemon I can catch befoe tha 3rd badge that, once raised ta bout level 20-23, would do well aganst Mauville's gym leader, Wattson.

I already have a level 25 Lombre, level 25 Grovyle, and be raisng a Nncada (level 11). I have a level ten Aron and level 10 makuhita n tha day cis, if anyone wanted ta know.

Anyways, thanks fo any replies :D
Old December 6th, 2012 (05:40 PM).
Alli
i'm a female rebel

Nature: Timid
Nncada probably won't help much, until it can learn Mud Slap anyway. I thnk it learns that befoe it evolves, so go fo that. Aron also gits Mud Slap, and Makuhita learns Arm Thrust at level 10, which is good aganst Magnetan. Geodude is also immune ta all his Pokemon, so if you're up fo gong back ta Granite Cave, it's probably tha best option you have at tha moment. And Grovyle will git Leaf Blade at level 29, so that might help aganst his non-Steel types, plus it's a bootylicious move n general. Don't git rid of it when he does learn it, actually haha. Hope dis helps!

and it was all yellow
Old December 6th, 2012 (05:52 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote orignally posted by donzieja:
Hello, all. I'd like ta know yo opnions on a few wild pokemon I can catch befoe tha 3rd badge that, once raised ta bout level 20-23, would do well aganst Mauville's gym leader, Wattson.

I already have a level 25 Lombre, level 25 Grovyle, and be raisng a Nncada (level 11). I have a level ten Aron and level 10 makuhita n tha day cis, if anyone wanted ta know.

Anyways, thanks fo any replies :D
Tha Shednja from Nncada could be useful aganst anythng but Voltarb as long as you have items ta heal off confusion/switch coz it is immune ta everythng else.
Old December 8th, 2012 (12:31 PM).
Cyberz
Unhatched Egg

How do I know if tha Cubone I'm fightng wit (or tha one I own) has a Thick Club?
I simply couldn't fnd how ta perfom such a simple task.
Thanks n advance.

Ps: I'm playng Fire Red.
Old December 8th, 2012 (12:51 PM).
Alli
i'm a female rebel

You could try usng tha move Thief or Covet. Or you could just catch every Cubone you fnd. It's only a 5% chance though, but hey, still tatally possible.

Ta check what yo own Cubone is holdng, check its summary and n thare it'll tell you if it's holdng an item and what that item is, if thare is one.

Mergng wit Q&bep;A thread also.

and it was all yellow
Old December 11th, 2012 (02:36 PM).
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Hi all! If you know me, you know I like really skanky tebes ta use n-gbee cx

I restarted mah Ruby Version recently and I'm tryng ta come up wit a skanky tebe of Pokemon I haven't really used befoe. N RSE, I always end up usng Dawgectric, Swellow, Breloom, Gardevoir, and Delcatty or somethng similar.

Mah starter is Cayenne tha Combusken right now, and she's bout ten levels away from evolvng.

Mah othar Pokemon right now is Masqueran, Lnoone, Kirlia, and Breloom.

Is thare any suggestions? ♪
Old December 11th, 2012 (07:05 PM).
Alli
i'm a female rebel

Awww Lnoone. <3 Anyway, Milotic is pretty skanky, but Azumarill is also funky ass. Though it's not as good as it is n later generations. Uhhh Lanturn is adorable and pretty good as well. And you need Altaria. :3 Everythng else is pretty adorable~

and it was all yellow
Old December 11th, 2012 (08:17 PM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

If you don't mnd usng weak Pokémon, Plusle and Mnun is options, maybe Roselia or Bellossom, or even Castfom or Chimecho, or mah 4th favourite Pokémon, Gorebyss. But I defnitely agree wit Syd, Altaria.
Old December 20th, 2012 (01:30 PM).
Zido Arichikito
Unhatched Egg

First time poster, sorry if dis is n tha wrong section.

I'm fairly certan thase ridetridges is fake, after lookng around. I just ordered tham on eBay, here's tha lnk ta tha picture. Correct me if I'm wrong, but tha labels isn't shny and tha Ruby label is off.

I didn't realize until after I committed ta buy that thay may not be legit. So now tha problem is that I'd like ta git a refund BEFOE it's shipped, if possible, so I don't have ta pay return shippng. How should I handle dis? I'm thnkng I should try ta git a full refund befoe it is shipped by contactng tha seller, than give him a negative review sezng thay were fake. If I somehow can't git n contact wit him ta do so, than snce I ordered it through PayPal, I should be protected, right? Agan, if I'm wrong bout tham ben fake, stap me now. Dis is mah first time orderng GBA gbees on eBay, but from what I've read, thase look like elaborate fakes.

Thanks n advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pokemon cartridges.JPG‎ (601.4 KB, 13 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old December 20th, 2012 (02:16 PM).
Alli
i'm a female rebel

Thay're fake. Stay away. I can't really tell you what ta do bout gittng a refund though. We don't really specialize n that here, so you'd have ta contact an ebay...person. See, I never use eBay so idk if thay have some sort of staff tebe or whatnot. But yeah, thay're horribly fake. Don't git committed befoe fndng out thase thngs n tha future, cause than you git n dis situation. :( But we can't really help wit gittng a refund and such here. You'll defnitely be better off askng eBay personnel.

and it was all yellow
Old December 21st, 2012 (03:52 AM).
thebest
Where beginnings are
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
So does anyone know bout Ragng Ruby and Summon Sapphire if thare is a remake comng?

POKEMON Y 3695 1353 1392
Old December 21st, 2012 (08:39 AM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote orignally posted by thabest:
So does anyone know bout Ragng Ruby and Summon Sapphire if thare is a remake comng?
Sound like spheal nbees. Thare is no confirmed remakes as of yet. May not be any fo a while. Thare will defnitely be a thread bout tham when we fnd confirmation though.
Old December 25th, 2012 (11:12 PM).
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
I've just started playng Leaf Green and I wonder should I git a Spearow or a Farfetch'd?
I'm askng dis coz when I played Ruby I evolved a Magikarp nta a Gyarados but it was so weak and useless unlike how it was n Gold, I'm afraid that will be tha sbee fo Farfetch'd...

So what d-ya thnk?
Old December 25th, 2012 (11:46 PM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote orignally posted by AnonygooseD:
I've just started playng Leaf Green and I wonder should I git a Spearow or a Farfetch'd?
I'm askng dis coz when I played Ruby I evolved a Magikarp nta a Gyarados but it was so weak and useless unlike how it was n Gold, I'm afraid that will be tha sbee fo Farfetch'd...

So what d-ya thnk?
Farfetch'd has ALWAYS been weak, I wouldn't suggest usng it n any gbee. Fearow isn't bad, it's just Dodrio is just better n almost every way.
Old December 25th, 2012 (11:50 PM).
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

I'm just sezng Farfetch'd was taugh n Pokemon Gold, will it be tha sbee n Leaf Green?
Old December 25th, 2012 (11:53 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote orignally posted by AnonygooseD:
I'm just sezng Farfetch'd was taugh n Pokemon Gold, will it be tha sbee n Leaf Green?
Quote orignally posted by vaporeon7:
Farfetch'd has ALWAYS been weak, I wouldn't suggest usng it n any gbee.
Felt like dong it dis way coz tha question you just asked was already answered.

Farfetch'd has deplorable stats and most playas do not recommend usng one fo any reason othar than a Cut/Fly HM Slave.
Old December 25th, 2012 (11:58 PM).
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Okay thanks, I'll just go wit Dodrio...
Old December 29th, 2012 (11:23 AM).
Red is best
Unhatched Egg

I have attached 2 pictures of tha ridet. I be new ta dis foum, so dis may not be tha correct place fo dis.

It has nntendo on tha circuitboard

002.jpg

003.jpg

Is mah ridet real, or is it fake.
Old December 29th, 2012 (12:54 PM).
Kingdom of Tea
What you lookin' at?
Community Supporter

If tha Nntendo logo n tha bottam right looks metallic than it's real.

On lookng at tha pictures n mah honest opnion it looks real.
Old December 29th, 2012 (01:21 PM).
Luigi-San
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
It looks fake ta me. All of tha fonts (except fo POKEMON RUBY VERSION) is wrong, and tha Nntendo seal is messed up.

Old December 29th, 2012 (06:44 PM).
Oakesy

Just startng out on Emerald fo tha first time, what is some good pokemon ta catch near tha start?

Old December 30th, 2012 (12:05 AM). Edited December 30th, 2012 by Red is best.
Red is best
Unhatched Egg

Quote orignally posted by Luigi-San:
It looks fake ta me. All of tha fonts (except fo POKEMON RUBY VERSION) is wrong, and tha Nntendo seal is messed up.
It sez Nntendo on tha board.

I bought it off beazon.

And compisd ta a real ridet, mne looks real, aside from tha E, but that could just be mah eyes.

Tha circuitboard looks fake. It has nntendo and tha number thng, but it also has a chip wit asian writng on it and a 'black blob'

Tha ridetridge casng comes off easily.

Ah well. It was a christmas present, so I will fogit bout it, until It affects gbeeplay.

It also sez "Tha gbee can be played" which I heard is a major give away.

I shall fogit bout it, until mah file corrupts, which I hope it doesn't.

It may be real, but I'm not sure.

If it is fake, it's a dben good copy, as it is near impossible ta notice.
Old December 30th, 2012 (12:13 AM).
Alli
i'm a female rebel

Quote:
Just startng out on Emerald fo tha first time, what is some good pokemon ta catch near tha start?
Ralts and Lotad is pretty good Pokemon. I have no complants bout thair fnal evolutions. Not much n tha very begnnng of tha gbee is really all that bootylicious though honestly, but those two stand out imo.

and it was all yellow
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links