The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 21st, 2012, 09:59 PM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
If you couldn't tell by my avatar/signature, Owl City is my favorite artist. To be more specific, Adam Young is my favorite artist. I think alot of the music he makes is beautiful and he's pretty talented in my opinion.

I have a lot of other artists I love too like Relient K, Switchfoot,August Burns Red, Underoath, Rise Against, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, House of Heroes, Family Force 5, Thousand Foot Krutch, Skillet, Neon Trees, Two Door Cinema Club, Passion Pit , RED, MUSE, The Killers ,Flyleaf, Paramore, Project 86 and bunches more.

Favorite song? I don't have one to say, it changes often. Right now I guess it's either Ridiculously Happy by Adam Young, or The Pit by Silversun Pickups.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]

Last edited by AWsquared; November 26th, 2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old November 24th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Zozma
I'm a blur

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Zozma
I love me my music. Today I've been listening to a lot of this:

and

My websites:

Old November 25th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
Favorite artist is in my signature, figure out the puzzle. ;P

But my favorite song, is by a completely different artist by the name Alecia Moore (see what I did there haha), and it is Please Don't Leave Me. P!nk has always been one of my favorites, and The Truth About Love was really no exception. I feel like I've been inching toward swimming in that mainstream again.

Old November 26th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Green Day.

Don't stereotype me with the other stupid, squeaky fangirls, pleaaasee.
Sigh
Old November 26th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Shucklulz
(◕‿◕✿)

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Shucklulz
Yelle. They're French electropop. I absolutely adore them. I can't pick a favorite song though. Can I just pick their entire album "Safari Disco Club"?

I would link to some of their stuff but I don't have the required number of posts to do that yet. :c

nyoom | tumblr
Old December 19th, 2012, 03:39 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
My current favorite artist would have to be Celldweller and his song Blackstar

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old December 21st, 2012, 10:26 AM
Brizz
TM87

My number one artist is definitely Eminem. He's followed by Nas and Taylor Swift as my top 3. Eminem and Nas are two of the best lyricists the rap game has ever seen and Taylor swift is gorgeous and talented.

My favorite songs right now (they change a lot) are probably:
-Eminem & Nas - Topless
-Bad Meets Evil - Take From Me
-Nas - The Message
-Hopsin - Nocturnal Rainbows
-Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble
Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:54 PM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ðelta View Post
Currently my favorite band is Sleeping With Sirens.
I don't actually have a favorite song, but my top 3:
If You Can't Hang - Sleeping With Sirens
If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn - Sleeping With Sirens
Do It Now, Remember It Later - Sleeping With Sirens

There's also a really nice acoustic version of If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn.
^^^ Looking forward to some new songs by them next year, whoo! :D

Choosing my favorite artist is very difficult, because I usually have multiple, and sometimes they change around. Right now - and for the past several months - my favorite bands have been The Devil Wears Prada, Sleeping With Sirens, Hands Like Houses, Of Mice & Men, Chelsea Grin, and Glass Cloud.

Let's see...

• TDWP - Honestly, it's hard to pick a song. I just love all of their albums. :)
• SWS - If I'm James Dean, then you're Audrey Hepburn; Don't Fall Alseep at the Helm; With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear; Fire; Dead Walker Texas Ranger
• HLH - Entire "Ground Dweller" album!
• OM&M - Entire Self-Titled Album, O.G. Loko, Ben Threw, My Understand, OHIOISONFIRE, Purified, Product of a Murderer, I'm a Monster, The Storm
• Chelsea Grin - All of their albums
• Glass Cloud - Entire "The Royal Thousand" album.

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old December 22nd, 2012, 09:45 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I don't really like to pick an absolute favorite because I listen to so many bands that it's just too hard.

Bands I'm currently into at the moment include Machine Head, Emperor, Wolves in the Throne Room, Pantera, Overkill, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Sepultura, Prong, Lost Horizon, Slayer, Metallica (80's), Death, Bolt Thrower, Exhorder, Nevermore, Mayhem, Dream Theater, Mastodon (just got into these guys), and High on Fire.

Like I said, I listen to a whole lot of bands, but those are the ones I've been listening to frequently lately.

Last edited by CarcharOdin; December 23rd, 2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 12:13 PM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Nature: Quiet
My favorite artist has be Dave Remmler, who is better known for one of his online aliases, Renard Queenston. He goes by many more. My favorite song has to be "Banned Forever" by Renard.
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Utzipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AChipOffTheOldBrock View Post
You need to listen to some real music. This is kind of what Id expect from an eleven year old though. (Didnt you say you were 11 on some other thread?) Sorry, tried not to hate but I had to say it.
Couldn't have said that better myself. It's pretty unfortunate that the music industry is controlled by teenage girls nowadays. Personally, I'm more of a fan of classic rock, alternative, and electronic, particularly 90's music.

Favorite Albums
Rumours - Fleetwood Mac
Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morissette
Ray of Light - Madonna
Tragic Kingdom - No Doubt
Play - Moby

@Element0- Excuse my noobness, but how were you able to include audio in your signature? It's very cool.

NAME: JORDAN | FC: 5029-3281-8744

Last edited by Utzipher; December 28th, 2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
My favourite band is Biffy Clyro! They have such interesting music compared to other bands of the genre and Simon Neil's Scottish accent always makes me swoon. I've always loved them since hearing some stuff from their album Puzzle, and with Only Revolutions that love only increased, but they launched themselves right up to my number one spot after seeing them play live in concert. They're the most spectacular band I've seen perform, so much so that I've seen them six times so far, and I'd absolutely love to see them several more. With their new album Opposites being released and an accompanying tour being announced, I'm expecting a good year for Biffy.

As for favourite song, that's a bit tougher... There are a lot of songs that I utterly adore at the moment, but picking a favourite from those is tricky. Really it depends on my mood as to what song's my favourite, but I guess in general it's a tie between Layla by Eric Clapton and Winds of Change by The Scorpions. Those two songs have always been iconic to me and they've accompanied a fair few important moments of my life, so they're songs that I'll always remember. Plus how awesome is Clapton's guitar playing? :p
Old December 29th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utzipher View Post
@Element0- Excuse my noobness, but how were you able to include audio in your signature? It's very cool.
You're better off going to Pokecommunity Questions and Feedback and asking how over there. I'm not great at explaining things, so sorry about that.
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links