• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen Second Generation Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Spent all day in Celadon city, got myself an Eevee and evolved it to a Vaporeon and then I bought some supplies in Celadon city DEPT. Then visited Team rockets gambiling centre, spent a while there trying to get lucky, ended up getting enough to get myself a Vulpix so I was fairly happy with that, then I took down the whole base of Team Rocket and defeated Giovani VERY easily with Dugtrio and Butterfree.

Got the Silph co and then went to Lavander town where I again took down the whole tower of all the crazy possessed trainers and rescued the man. Picked up a Pokeflute and then saved the game.

1. Pikachu lvl 30
2. Butterfree lvl 31
3. Charmeleon lvl 29
4. Bulbasaur lvl 26
5. Dugtrio lvl 33
6. Pidgey lvl 25

Pokedex completion:

Seen: 82
Own: 46

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Wow, a memories thread.
Pokemon Blue was the first game I played and was too much of a noob that time (now I'm just noob). I hate caves where you had to use Flash (even now), but I love the move Surf. I taught Surf to every Pokemon possible to learn it! My most treasured accomplishment was to catch Mewtwo in a Pokeball.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Basically to much to write - but I'm up to the elite 4 now! and my Pokemon are all ranged level 44 - 47. Currently, the league is to strong at the moment, so i'm going to keep versing them and level them up as much as I can. (I've already spent all my money on potions, healers etc) so that way I won't lose any money. And then when I think they're defiantly ready, take on the Elite 4 and have a real go at them.

After that I'll start doing a daily Journal post on my journey.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2017
I'm doing a generation run starting with Yellow right now. On my way to Lavender!

Team:
Pikachu Lv. 24
Mankey Lv. 22
Pidgeotto Lv. 20
Ivysaur Lv. 24
Wartortle Lv. 24
Charmeleon Lv. 24

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
I randomly started a new Crystal file last night, the last remaining of my metal set. Just a few minutes ago tonight I caught a shiny gastly!
image_zps15ad3a37.jpg

This is such an old game, I could lose her anytime but she's the first legit shiny I have gotten in a long time.

Years
One of my fondest memories, is the first time I managed to beat the E4 in Silver. It was the first time I actually managed to beat the E4, in any game so I was really happy. I was really bad about training other Pokémon for battling, so basically the only good Pokémon I had was my Typolosion.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2017
Just beat the Elite 4

Final team:
Charizard Lv. 49
Kadabra Lv. 50
Pikachu Lv. 48
Primeape Lv. 46
Venusaur Lv. 46
Blastoise Lv. 48

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
For me, the fondest memory I have of Gen 1 is that overwhelming feeling of completeness and accomplishment I get after registering the Original 151 in my Pokedex. That one moment reminds me of a simpler and happier time in my life where it felt like everything was right in the world.

(Can't say I feel the same now. *sigh* I guess we all have to grow up at some point.)

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
I started a new game on red this morning :)
- got charmander
-beat blue in oaks lab
-delivered the package for oak
-caught pikachu in viridian forest
-beat blue again.

Kaisersaur

Veteran
Years
For me, the fondest memory I have of Gen 1 is that overwhelming feeling of completeness and accomplishment I get after registering the Original 151 in my Pokedex. That one moment reminds me of a simpler and happier time in my life where it felt like everything was right in the world.

(Can't say I feel the same now. *sigh* I guess we all have to grow up at some point.)

Hahaha I know exactly what you mean. So much simpler times.

I remember the first time I ever played pokemon red, I chose Bulbasaur, caught a Caterpie and a Pidgey and went through all the way to the second gym badge with Misty, I just couldn't stop playing. I was a total noob and enjoyed the game so much that it has lasted with me all of these years. My first champion team was Venusaur, Arcanine, Pidgeot, Diglet, Poliwrath, Raichu

One thing that even makes me laugh until now is that when I got close to Vermillion city I decided to let my Butterfree go "free". LOL My best friend still gives me a "You're so dumb" look when we look back to those awesome simpler times.

I regret nothing!

Last edited:

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Hahaha I know exactly what you mean. So much simpler times.

I remember the first time I ever played pokemon red, I chose Bulbasaur, caught a Caterpie and a Pidgey and went through all the way to the second gym badge with Misty, I just couldn't stop playing. I was a total noob and enjoyed the game so much that it has lasted with me all of these years. My first champion team was Venusaur, Arcanine, Pidgeot, Diglet, Poliwrath, Raichu

One thing that even makes me laugh until now is that when I got close to Vermillion city I decided to let my Butterfree go "free". LOL My best friend still gives me a "You're so dumb" look when we look back to those awesome simpler times.

I regret nothing!

Remember Everything, Regret Nothing!!!

It bewilders me why most kids today want to grow up so fast (they obviously don't know how stressful it is to be an adult). I loved and enjoyed my childhood and wouldn't have given it up for anything.

Back to Pokemon. My first champion team (which took me ages to build) was: Charizard, Pidgeot, Raichu, Snorlax, Exeggutor and Lapras.

I tell ya, I was a complete noob.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Got blue version around when it came out for my big old grey gameboy. Was the greatest thing I've ever received and Pokemon may be the only thing thats stuck with me this long.

My fondest memory is between: not knowing the trade evolution thing and training my Kadabra up to level 96 legit and asking my mom why it wouldn't evolve.

Or finally beating the Elite Four/Champion and reaching the HoF that so many talked about. Had Blastoise, Dragonite, Pinsir, Beedrill, Dugtrio, Dewgong as my first ever HoF team.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
GSC_Ethan_Back.png

Trainer Seth
Silver
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png

Spr_2s_156.png

Victor ♂ lv. 15
[ Ember, Tackle, Smokescreen, Leer ]

Spr_2s_161.png

Farrah ♀ lv. 13
[ Tackle, Quick Attack, Defense Curl ]

Spr_2s_194.png

Marshall ♂ lv. 8
[ Mud Slap, Water Gun, Tail Whip ]

Spr_2g_Egg.png

It should hatch soon.

069.png

A friend of mine fixed my Silver cartridge for me after it died last year, so I started up a new game! Named my player Seth and picked a good trusty partner, Victor the Cyndaquil! We ventured on to Mr. Pokemon's house and received a Mystery Egg! What could it be? On the way back to the lab, I battled some red-haired kid that called himself ??? but when the police asked for his name, I said his name was Biology because I was in that class at the time, and I just can't stand it. I gave the egg to the professor and got some Pokeballs and used one to catch my next party member, Farrah the Sentret. So cute! I also caught Belle the Bellsprout to use for Cut later on. Ooops spoilers...!

After a little grinding, we took down Sprout Tower (Belle didn't watch or partake, don't worry) and Victor evolved into Quilava. After this, we decided we were ready to take on a gym challenge and we beat Falkner and his level 9 Pidgeotto with ease. We met up with Professor Elm's aide to receive the egg again. What's in there?! As we progressed south of Violet City, we caught our third party member, Marshall the Wooper! Puts that Mud Slap TM to good use, at least. Now we're preparing for Union Cave. Yup yup!

gold/silverFTW

Ecruteak Champion
Years
Best memory in Gen II?

My best memory is when I was playing Pokemon Gold and I was in the whirl islands and my typhlosion was seriously underleveled, and my other pokemon all fainted. (I was about 8 so i wasn't that good at pokemon lol) So, I finally got to Lugia, and i was a little worried at first that Lugia would pummel my typhlosion, so I pressed A and his cry came up and the battle started. And what do you know, it was a shiny! I was really excited now and I was really determined to catch it. (I first heard about shinies at school from my friend, because he caught a shiny Hoothoot and showed it to me.) So Lugia attacked first and my typhlosion's health went way down to red. Then my typhlosion used Flamethrower and Lugia's health went into yellow. So i threw an Ultra ball and it was caught on the first try! I was so happy, I danced around the room lol. So a few days later, I showed my friend at school on the playground and his jaw dropped. And he said, "So theres a new Pokemon Master in town, huh?" That is one of my most special memories of the II gen. :D

Last edited:

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
In my Pokémon Red version I had a beast team as follows:

Blastoise Lv86
Pidgeot Lv86
Dewgong Lv85
Arcanine Lv84
Vileplume Lv84
Dragonite Lv84

Besides that team... I never found strength. I never got through victory road. I also thought rapidly spamming A while catching a Pokémon would help. I thought pressing B made me go faster and I could not for the life of me pronounce "Technical Machine" and "Giovanni"

I said Tekneekal Mecheen and Govani

My first shiny was a shiny was really lucky. In yellow, after I figured out how to find strength, I beat the game easily. Then I went to Cerulean city to battle my friend. I noticed Cerulean cave was open. I went through he cave and found this weird looking thing I thought was a statue. I talked to it and it was.. A shiny Mewtwo. I was confused because I didn't know what it was, but I caught it. Then my friend battled me and I used Mewtwo. On the next school day my friend was yelling saying "YOU GOT A SHINY MEWTWO?!?!???"

The whole day was screaming and amazement.

Last edited:

jaydezzal

Sarcastic Guy
Years
I remember the first time I found Lugia. I didn't know what I'd found so naturally I didn't save. Saw what it was and thought "Hey, Lugia! I'm gonna try to catch it!" Suffice to say my level 100 Feraligatr didn't like that plan. I never really understood how to play Pokemon, I only ever trained one Pokemon and I taught it whatever HMs it could learn. I believe that particular Feraligatr knew Cut, Surf, Strength, and Whirlpool. 1 attack and that Lugia was forever lost.

I also remember once I tried going through with a Pidgey. As I said, I didn't really understand the concept of "train more than one Pokemon," so all I had was that Pidgey. I got to Jasmine without any problems, though.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
Leaf Green Update! Last time I was at Misty's gym.

-Defeated Misty with 1 pokemon
-Trained my Pokémon untill all were Lv 25
-Went into the underground pass
-Caught a Meowth and named it Paul
-Trained on a route untill Meowth was Lv 17
-Arrived in Vermillion city
-Boarded SS Anne
-Defeated my rival with ease
-Aquired cut
-Defeated LT Surge with 2 out of 5 Pokémon left
-Entered Digletts cave
-Bellsprout evolved into Weepinbell
-Caught Pidgey, Rattata, and Weedle
-Got HM05 Flash
-Went back to Cerulean and trained on the route to the left of Cerulean
-Entered Rock Tunnel
-Meowth learned Flash!
-Mankey evolved into Primape
-Changed names of Pokémon in Lavender town
-Trained untill Pokémon were Lv 30 (Besides Meowth)
-Arrived in Celadon city
-Aquired leaf stone and evolved Weepinbell into Victribell
-Caught Doduo
-Defeated Celadon Gym
-Doduo Evolved into Dodrido

Wow long update. Here is my team.

Primape Lv 30
Charmeleon Lv 30
Victribell Lv 30
Dodrido Lv 29
Meowth Lv 17

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Pokemon Crystal Community Run: Chapter 1
A fresh start

I allowed the community to choose my team for this run, and the results were:
1. Typhlosion
2. Jynx
3. Donphan
4. Ursaring
5. Suicune
6. Umbreon

Should be an interesting team to use. My clock does not work when the game is off, so I'm struggling to catch Phanpy and Teddiursa within a reasonable time limit, since I need Eevee to evolve at night as well, and those two can only be found in the morning. But, I chose to be a girl, because Crystal has the best female protagonist of all the games, and named her the default KRIS. My Rival, as a call back to the first time I played Gold, is named ???. I have delivered the egg to Elm at this point, and am on the hunt for Phanpy. I really hate that Pokemon can flee in this game. It makes me sad when a 5% runs away.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
GSC_Ethan_Back.png

Trainer Seth
Silver
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png
50px-Hive_Badge.png
50px-Plain_Badge.png

Spr_2s_156.png

Victor ♂ lv. 21
[ Ember, Quick Attack, Smokescreen, Leer ]

Spr_2s_162.png

Farrah ♀ lv. 20 @ Przcurberry
[ Tackle, Quick Attack, Defense Curl, Thunder Punch ]

Spr_2s_195.png

Marshall ♂ lv. 20
[ Mud Slap, Water Gun, Slam, Ice Punch ]

Spr_2s_133.png

Rogue ♀ lv. 20
[ Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand-Attack, Growl ]

069.png
185.png

Belle | Suki

We got through Union Cave with ease thanks to Marshall's Water Gun. Upon arrival to Azeala Town, we spoke with Kurt and saved some Slowpoke bye running Team Rocket out of their well. During that, Farrah evolved into Furret! We took down Bugsy easily since Victor is obviously a Fire type. Then we had another battle with Biology, which was also easy.

We didn't get into mischief in the Ilex Forest, nor did we serve the devil. We got Cut and used that to get through to Goldenrod City. Whitney wasn't really that hard to defeat and we pressed on to Ecruteak City and fought a tree. Turned out to be a Sudowoodo, so I caught her and she was named Suki. At the Pokemon Center in Ecruteak, we met Bill. We went back down to Goldenrod and on the way back, Marshall evolved into Quagsire! We spoke to Bill in his home and got our 4th party member, Rogue the Eevee. After that, we bought TMs to help Farrah and Marshall's moveset out and stopped there for now.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Pokemon Crystal Community Run: Chapter 2

I finally managed to catch both a Phanpy and a Teddiursa, and proceeded into Violet City. At first it reminded me of my more recent runs of HeartGold, but the differences soon made themselves apparent as I realized that the remakes are not just straight recreations of what was. Notably, the path to Sprout Tower looks very different from the 4th gen version, with much less water in Crystal Version and lack of a bridge. Sprout Tower itself was more or less the same with the only real change being that the layout of Sages on the top floor is different. Another difference is Falkner's team. In Crystal version, none of his Pokemon exceed 10, but in HG his Pidgeotto is lvl 13. As a result of this, I did not need to grind as much as I expected.

My team is pretty nice so far. I really need a Special move for Cyndaquil. Phanpy is too early to judge, but is doing okay. So far, Teddiursa is my favorite Pokemon on my team, since it's dealing the most damage right now.

Team:
155.gif

Cyndaquil
Lvl 10
28/16/16/17/15/21
-Tackle
-Leer
-SmokeScreen

231.gif

Phanpy
Lvl 10
40/19/17/15/15/14