The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 23rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Nature: Docile

Advertise here
I know how I'm going to pull it off! Professor Layton will be more of a story guider and I'm going to write riddles for the players to solve. For an example, someone will walk into a room and the door will lock behind them. They have to solve a puzzle to get out. How well would that work?
Old November 23rd, 2012, 12:50 PM
Flydro
doobz

Nature: Calm
Kinda threw myself into the Roleplay Corner, but I wanna get acquainted with the RP community here and see what's up. I've been browsing since I first joined and saw that there were some cool stories going on (I really like that zombie roleplay). Forgot to quote the post but I really like the idea of a medieval pokemon RP. Sounds really original to me and it could go really far.

*hunting:

Old November 23rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flydro View Post
Kinda threw myself into the Roleplay Corner, but I wanna get acquainted with the RP community here and see what's up. I've been browsing since I first joined and saw that there were some cool stories going on (I really like that zombie roleplay). Forgot to quote the post but I really like the idea of a medieval pokemon RP. Sounds really original to me and it could go really far.
Great to see ya here at the roleplay corner! That's kinda how I got into roleplaying here...just gave myself a few days to explore actually it took me a year lmao. We're a nice bunch, and we're here to train ya if you need any help. Be sure to read dem stickies in this section so you can know the basics of how roleplaying works here on PC, and you'll be on your way. :)

There are a few roleplays out there that are taking spots, so why not check them out!
Old November 23rd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Flydro
doobz

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post
Great to see ya here at the roleplay corner! That's kinda how I got into roleplaying here...just gave myself a few days to explore actually it took me a year lmao. We're a nice bunch, and we're here to train ya if you need any help. Be sure to read dem stickies in this section so you can know the basics of how roleplaying works here on PC, and you'll be on your way.

There are a few roleplays out there that are taking spots, so why not check them out!
Haha thanks! :] I'm not a stranger to roleplaying actually, it's just that I'm kinda new here to PC and haven't been in a RP in a while so I didn't know anyone or where to start. I browsed the rp corner and read everything to get an idea of how things work when I first joined so it was pretty helpful. The really good stories just seemed too far along for me to try and join, and I didn't want to wait for another one to come along so I just came up with my own RP and posted it up. So far things are looking good for my first roleplay here and I'm really looking forward to getting back into RPing again

*hunting:

Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:11 PM
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to The Last Sentinel
Hello everyone! I'd just like to say that I'm back and very happy to see all these old and new faces around here! Keep up the good work guys.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 09:16 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flydro View Post
Haha thanks! :] I'm not a stranger to roleplaying actually, it's just that I'm kinda new here to PC and haven't been in a RP in a while so I didn't know anyone or where to start. I browsed the rp corner and read everything to get an idea of how things work when I first joined so it was pretty helpful. The really good stories just seemed too far along for me to try and join, and I didn't want to wait for another one to come along so I just came up with my own RP and posted it up. So far things are looking good for my first roleplay here and I'm really looking forward to getting back into RPing again
Ah, it's the Suicune one, right? I love how you did with the roleplay, by the way! Sadly with my timeframe, I can only deal with *one* roleplay right now, and I'm currently working on a Super Smash Bros roleplay which is set to be posted after my final exams, so I kinda have a lot on my plate to join a 2nd roleplay. Hopefully you'll still be accepting SUs by then.~ Best of luck though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Watchman View Post
Hello everyone! I'd just like to say that I'm back and very happy to see all these old and new faces around here! Keep up the good work guys.
Well here's a familiar face right there. xD Great to see ya back, man. :D
Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:37 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Oh, he~ey, you're not dead! //then again, you were probably never as dead as me, lol.
Nice to see you again, TFW.

Oh, hai peoples, I'm just creeping. There's too many new faces here for me, lol. @_@
Old November 24th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Sweet_Dreams
i is a gud righter

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Oh hey! I remember you! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNess View Post
I know how I'm going to pull it off! Professor Layton will be more of a story guider and I'm going to write riddles for the players to solve. For an example, someone will walk into a room and the door will lock behind them. They have to solve a puzzle to get out. How well would that work?
Well, keep in mind that I don't have a clue what you're referring to by "Professor Layton", but I'm unsure as to how successful the riddle idea would be. For example, if an RPer or a group was unable to solve one, would they be allowed to ask for help OOC or would their player(s) be... incapacitated, killed off, what? If the riddle's too difficult it may discourage people from posting, but if its too easy then the entertainment is gone. I think it's probably the balance of the riddle which would be most difficult to achieve.
Old November 24th, 2012, 08:57 AM
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to The Last Sentinel
Quote:
Well here's a familiar face right there. xD Great to see ya back, man. :D
Nice to see ya too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
Oh, he~ey, you're not dead! //then again, you were probably never as dead as me, lol.
Nice to see you again, TFW.

Oh, hai peoples, I'm just creeping. There's too many new faces here for me, lol. @_@
CREEPER! Oh, wait... It's just you. Nice to see you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Dreams View Post
Oh hey! I remember you! XD
I remember you too!
Old November 24th, 2012, 09:03 AM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

@Sweet Dreams
I'm going to use a "Hint Coin" system, like in the real games. Each character is going to get some at the begining of each Chapter, at least, that's how I think I could pull it off. It may be too complicated. By the way. Professor Layton is a series of games in which you play as the Professor, nd you go around trying to solve puzzles to solve a mystery.

Last edited by OrangeNess; November 24th, 2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old November 24th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Vαηєℓℓσρє
ωнαт ωαѕ, ιѕ, αη∂ ωιℓℓ вє...

Nature: Naughty
Hello, everybody. New user here looking for a Roleplay to join aha, I've done a bit of it on other forums so I think I understand how the system should work on here. Anybody got some cool ones they could suggest to me? There's so many I don't really know where to start looking!

-Vanellope Von Schweetz-

"Everyone here says that I'm just a mistake"
Old November 24th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Pointblank
#YOLO

I'm here to say pretty much what the person above me said.
Old November 24th, 2012, 11:01 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
@Vanellope & Pointblank: That depends a lot on what you're looking for! We've got the stalwart Pokemon Trainer Academy, but perhaps you're not interested in an RP that takes place in a school setting, or an RP that takes place in the Pokemon world. Perhaps you'd like something darker, or something smaller? If you could narrow down your preferences it'd probably be slightly easier for me to recommend something.

For now, all I can do is advertise for my own RPs.

The Pokemon Trainer Academy is a sandbox, character interaction driven pseudo-journey RP taking place on a remote island closest to Kanto with a large fanbase and the strength behind it to help you feel comfortable saying it won't in fact die on you. With a non-competitive leveling system in place, an overarching plot, and the promise that each character will get their own ending to the RP reflecting how they've developed over time you'll have plenty of structure for growing and developing your character amongst your peers while maintaining the freedom to create and lead your own mini plots provided they hold up under basic quality control.

Pokemon Fallout in contrast is a much darker, extreme sandbox RP taking place in Sinnoh where /you/ make the plots and /you/ make your own story. (Or... y'know, follow along as I do the same alongside you.) It's based on a pre-written world in which a human-engineered memetic virus has effectively wiped out Pokemon from the face of the earth. This caused a cataclysm of events that destroyed society and left humanity a shadow of it's former self. However Arceus, being quite out-of-reach of the virus, eventually deemed it necessary to give humanity another chance and reincarnated pokemon in a new form that would be immune to the virus. Pokespirits, as they're called, are quite literally the disembodied souls of pokemon that select children between the ages of 10 and 13 to fuse with, resulting in demi-pokemon humans that wield the full power of the pokemon they've fused with. You play one of these children, to whom the future of the world rests on. It's up to you how you go about using your powers however, and literally nothing is stopping you from dragging the broken world further into it's grave other than your fellow pokespirit wielders.
Old November 24th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

So many new roleplayers here :D Welcome, welcome!

Both of you should start off with a sandbox roleplay so you can be familiarized with how the roleplay system works here on PC. There's the Pokemon Trainer Academy if you are into Pokemon roleplays, and my personal favorite: Sword Art Online: Infinity Edition (that is, if you're into anime and watch that show, I 100% recommend it <3) There's also I N N O C E N C E if you're up for a journey roleplay, as well as Pokemon: The Walking Dead, which I heard it's really good!

I know I missed out on some, but really...there's a lot of roleplays out there who are still taking players. Gotta explore!
Old November 24th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Vαηєℓℓσρє
ωнαт ωαѕ, ιѕ, αη∂ ωιℓℓ вє...

Nature: Naughty
Thank you very much for the suggestions. I'll look at them~
They're all so creative aha /impressed

-Vanellope Von Schweetz-

"Everyone here says that I'm just a mistake"
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:08 PM
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed
Hello everyone, just a reminder that there is only about a week or so left for you to cast your nominations in the RPAs!

So for those of you who haven't voted yet, go ahead and vote! And those of you who have posted, but haven't filled out your nominations yet, go ahead and finish them! Wait, that includes me Not much time left!

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old November 26th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
HELLO NEW PEOPLE! *handshakes and hi-fives all round*

Currently, I'm writing up scribbles on my own new roleplay about demon hunters. Well, that's hopefully what it's gonna be. I'm so horrid at GMing by myself that I wanna put as much work into this as possible so it works.

Also, I've been thinking about some new emblems for the RP corner! Maybe something like being in a RP for a year or something. Speaking of emblems, like SV said, don't forget to nominate your favourite RPs in the RPAs!! Also, speaking of emblems again, if you've ever finished a roleplay (as the GM) or have been roleplaying at PC for 3 or more years, do let me know! It means you're entitled to an emblem! d:
Old November 26th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Ash_Ketchum123
^^ Ninjas ^^

Man I missed this place >.< Most of you may not know me, but I roleplayed here on PC waaaaay back~ I've always wanted to get back on after my hiatus, but I felt so left out with everything and junk that I just backed out completely ._. I'm glad to be back though. Again. For the third time. I swear I'm here to stay now. I miss RPing here

I've been longing for...
daisies to push through the floor
And I wish plant life would grow all around me
So I won't feel dead anymore

Another New Game

They call me ACE
Roleplayer

Old November 26th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Sweet_Dreams
i is a gud righter

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_Ketchum123 View Post
Man I missed this place >.< Most of you may not know me, but I roleplayed here on PC waaaaay back~ I've always wanted to get back on after my hiatus, but I felt so left out with everything and junk that I just backed out completely ._. I'm glad to be back though. Again. For the third time. I swear I'm here to stay now. I miss RPing here
I know exactly how you feel. XD But it's awesome when you get back into the swing of things again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin
Also, speaking of emblems again, if you've ever finished a roleplay (as the GM) or have been roleplaying at PC for 3 or more years, do let me know! It means you're entitled to an emblem! d:
Er, consecutively? Well, I think that not including my hiatuses I might have been RPing for about three years...? >.>
Old November 26th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

YEP!! STILL COUNTS! Your first post in the RP boards was February 2008, so that's... almost five years from when you started to now. d:
Old November 26th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Julius Caesar
Marked Out

Nature: Bold
I am here to announce my return to PC, the RP Corner in specific. I plan to revive an old RP of mine, with some adjustments. Keep an eye out for it soon. How soon? Lol, im not telling you.
Old November 26th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Wow a lot of people are returning! Great to see y'all back! I guess school is done for some of you all? :D Right after next week I'm done and then it's 6 weeks off for me :3

My new roleplay shall be called Super Smash Bros: Augustine Rush, and I'm still working on dat plot...and still debating whether I should use human versions of the characters or canon characters. I'm leaning towards that, but not sure lol.

What's everyone's opinion towards using canon characters in a roleplay? I'm certain this was asked before. lol
Old November 26th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Julius Caesar
Marked Out

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Wow a lot of people are returning! Great to see y'all back! I guess school is done for some of you all? :D Right after next week I'm done and then it's 6 weeks off for me :3

My new roleplay shall be called Super Smash Bros: Augustine Rush, and I'm still working on dat plot...and still debating whether I should use human versions of the characters or canon characters. I'm leaning towards that, but not sure lol.

What's everyone's opinion towards using canon characters in a roleplay? I'm certain this was asked before. lol
Well, for me its race season's over, but everyone else is done school so whatever...

On topic, I think it depends. Do we play as the canon characters? If so, that's a big no-no in my book. If the canon characters are NPC's, then it works. Smash bros RP? Sounds awesome, sounds like I'm going to try to join that.
Old November 26th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:

It has the potential to step towards a Hunger Games-esque/Battle Royale (the japanese series, not hte video game) kind of deal, where characters fight to the death, but in a video game. Maybe like Tron!

I am also pro-NPCs and anti-canon characters. I've always liked to create my own personality, not choose from a list of.
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Quote:

I prefer the idea where we create our own characters and use the powers gained from a Melee/Brawler. Of course, you know what I have in mind.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here