The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Triston1zn
GYM LEADER

Nature: Calm
Damn Bro!....this is awesome!!

Downloading now!

LOL, just like when I work on my car, It's nice to have all/most of my tools in one box

Great work!!
Old November 15th, 2012, 02:11 PM
BroskiRage
Current Gym Leader in my Hacks

Nature: Serious
Thanks now i can complete my rom hack

Becoming a Trainer isn't a job.
A job that's difficult and challenging
But with hope, you will succeed.
- Dylan

Old November 22nd, 2012, 06:38 AM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
Hi great tool, I haven't gotten around to using all its features yet, but I'm certainly glad the options are available when I get to it.

I do have a quick question for you because Hackmew isn't around as far as I know. As of yesterday, XSE force closes with a "Runtime Error 9: Subscript Out of Range" error. Since the link in Hackmew's thread is down, I grabbed your tool today and redownloaded through it hoping it could fix the problem but it didn't.

It did crash 2 days ago when I was using it, but it reopened fine. Yesterday when I went to resume my scripting endeavors it gave me the error and closed, which brings me to today.

Any insights?
Old November 22nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
Sudeki
Can you feel it?

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deokishisu View Post
Hi great tool, I haven't gotten around to using all its features yet, but I'm certainly glad the options are available when I get to it.

I do have a quick question for you because Hackmew isn't around as far as I know. As of yesterday, XSE force closes with a "Runtime Error 9: Subscript Out of Range" error. Since the link in Hackmew's thread is down, I grabbed your tool today and redownloaded through it hoping it could fix the problem but it didn't.

It did crash 2 days ago when I was using it, but it reopened fine. Yesterday when I went to resume my scripting endeavors it gave me the error and closed, which brings me to today.

Any insights?
This has to do with Hackmews website. You need to disable the program from checking for updates because something at the URL its checking is causing it to crash. Open up settings.ini and set the autoupdatecheck to 0.
Old November 24th, 2012, 11:35 PM
RRC
Unhatched Egg

Any news/updates for the Battle Tower Editor?
Old November 25th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triston1zn View Post
Damn Bro!....this is awesome!!

Downloading now!

LOL, just like when I work on my car, It's nice to have all/most of my tools in one box

Great work!!
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroskiRage View Post
Thanks now i can complete my rom hack
Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deokishisu View Post

Any insights?
Someone answered below, try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudeki View Post
This has to do with Hackmews website. You need to disable the program from checking for updates because something at the URL its checking is causing it to crash. Open up settings.ini and set the autoupdatecheck to 0.
That's probably it thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRC View Post
Any news/updates for the Battle Tower Editor?
Be patient, I'm a busy person

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

If you want a successor to PGE then download this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461

If someone can create a Pokémon colosseum remake with graphics and scripting that are very appealing to my eyes I will help them with implementing actual shadow Pokémon.
Old December 5th, 2012, 01:40 AM
RRC
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
Be patient, I'm a busy person
Okay. Take your time. I'll wait patiently.

If you need testing, please pick me and let me help! I absolutely love the battle tower!
Old December 7th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Dragonflye

PGE is the best GBA Tool ever Thank you and Thank you for an INI file.

Old December 8th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Gamer2020

Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRC View Post
Okay. Take your time. I'll wait patiently.

If you need testing, please pick me and let me help! I absolutely love the battle tower!
I do most of my testing myself to prevent leaking. This is partially why releases take so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonflye View Post
PGE is the best GBA Tool ever Thank you and Thank you for an INI file.
You're welcome.

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

If you want a successor to PGE then download this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461

If someone can create a Pokémon colosseum remake with graphics and scripting that are very appealing to my eyes I will help them with implementing actual shadow Pokémon.
Old December 9th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Ptzery
Skitty trainer

Nature: Careful
This is extremely helpful! I'm kinda messing around with stuff right now to see how it works, but I will try to make a hack that can be played XD
Of course, you can ask me stuff, but I won't usually know the answer
You like my signature? If you do, I owe you 100 bucks. Just messing with ya!
Oh yeah, I have super pokemon rumble too. All of you guys are awesome
Skitty smiley!
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:56 PM
A Shadow's Soul
Waaaaaaaaaat?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Is there anyway to change the text of trainers and gym leaders?

~ Mell - Red Fraction ~
Hi I'm Adam ~ Showdown ~ VM ~

Old December 11th, 2012, 02:53 AM
piy543
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Mild
the link is not opening
when i click it
it takes to linkbucks and then there is no download link available
pls sum1 help
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:09 AM
A Shadow's Soul
Waaaaaaaaaat?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by piy543 View Post
the link is not opening
when i click it
it takes to linkbucks and then there is no download link available
pls sum1 help

Top right of the place it takes you it says skip ad.

~ Mell - Red Fraction ~

Old December 11th, 2012, 08:37 AM
piy543
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAO. Word up. View Post
Top right of the place it takes you it says skip ad.
ya i know that but now when i try this link it does not have any skip ad option
it only says loading there and no number is display also
Old December 11th, 2012, 03:20 PM
A Shadow's Soul
Waaaaaaaaaat?
Community Supporter

XSE part of it doesn't work, which is a shame.

Anyone else know how I can edit the ingame script of a ROM?

~ Mell - Red Fraction ~

Old December 14th, 2012, 09:05 AM
PunsAreFun
Unhatched Egg

Quote:

If you already have a working XSE 1.1.1 version you can copy and paste the settings.ini file from there into the folder of this program. That fixed it for me.
Old December 15th, 2012, 04:29 PM
KaileeStar
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
I got a quick question. I got the program downloaded, but every time I insert my Pokemon Emerald ROM into it said it's not a Pokemon game. Do I have to re-download Pokemon Emerald?

Please help me with Pokemon ROM hacking! =)
Old December 16th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:

What exactly about XSE doesn't work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaileeStar View Post
I got a quick question. I got the program downloaded, but every time I insert my Pokemon Emerald ROM into it said it's not a Pokemon game. Do I have to re-download Pokemon Emerald?
What Language of Emerald are you trying?

Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:29 PM
Gamer2020

I have released an update for PGE. There are more details on the 0xRH website.

Old January 4th, 2013, 07:46 PM
guraya
Unhatched Egg

I have some troubles using this tool. When I use this tool, I can't read pokemon name, skill name, and so on. Instead of the original name, there is e.g. "\HHFDF\~", very odd name. Is it hex code?
What should I do? I have finished updating "roms.ini" and I'm using Emerald(English).

Last edited by guraya; January 6th, 2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
Where can i download the updated version of this tool? In the first post there is only the version 1.0.0.0

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old January 5th, 2013, 10:37 AM
VERGUNDAI
RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
Where can i download the updated version of this tool? In the first post there is only the version 1.0.0.0
LOL simple it has an automatic update, so just download the one in the post , when you run the program you'll get an Update Check.
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:31 AM
DahDexy
Way Too Freakin' Random

Nature: Jolly
This tool is a lifesaver. Instead of having to download a whole lot of stuff, just install this and you already get the majority of it in a compressed style. There may not be all the tools you desire, but there is definitely, at least a few. Even if it doesn't have all the tools you want, you can add programs to this! Simply outstanding. Thanks Gamer2020!
Old January 6th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by guraya View Post
I have some troubles using this tool. When I use this tool, I can't read pokemon name, skill name, and so on. Instead of the original name, there is e.g. "\HHFDF\~", very odd name. Is it hex code?
What should I do? I have finished updating "roms.ini" and I'm using Emerald(English).
weird. PM me a copy of your roms.ini

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahDexy View Post
This tool is a lifesaver. Instead of having to download a whole lot of stuff, just install this and you already get the majority of it in a compressed style. There may not be all the tools you desire, but there is definitely, at least a few. Even if it doesn't have all the tools you want, you can add programs to this! Simply outstanding. Thanks Gamer2020!
Thank you.

Old January 6th, 2013, 07:02 PM
guraya
Unhatched Egg

Oh, I solved the problem. I don't think this tool supports UNICODE.
I went to Control Panel and changed present language into English.
Now, it works! Some EFL learners like me may have the same problem.
Anyway, thank you for replying to my question.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links