The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 24th, 2012, 05:22 PM
drew6464
Artist, spriter

Nature: Relaxed

I keep getting this "Run-time error '9': File not found" as soon as I open the XSE eXtreme Script Extender. The version is 1.1.1 and as you can see, I can type a few words into the box before this pops up and forces me to close the program. PLEASE HELP.

I tried installing other versions of XSE. No go. Please provide me with your working versions anyway if possible.

I tried downloading the "Standard VB6 Runtime Files" suggested. No go. Provide me with your version anyway.

I googled it. No go. Many people say the best course of action is to clean my registry, and then provide me with misleading programs that cost money (example: SpeedyPC Software.)

I seriously need help... reply as soon as possible.
If you cannot get ahold of me / sent a message with no reply to me, the best course of action would be to send me a message on Skype (hesitationaggravation) or deviantART (monochrome0), because I am by no means consistently active on these forums.

Every tear is
Every tear is
Every teardrop is a waterfall
Every tear is
Every tear is
Every teardrop is a waterfall
Old November 24th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew6464 View Post

I keep getting this "Run-time error '9': File not found" as soon as I open the XSE eXtreme Script Extender. The version is 1.1.1 and as you can see, I can type a few words into the box before this pops up and forces me to close the program. PLEASE HELP.

I tried installing other versions of XSE. No go. Please provide me with your working versions anyway if possible.

I tried downloading the "Standard VB6 Runtime Files" suggested. No go. Provide me with your version anyway.

I googled it. No go. Many people say the best course of action is to clean my registry, and then provide me with misleading programs that cost money (example: SpeedyPC Software.)

I seriously need help... reply as soon as possible.
You should read some previous posts before posting things like this... (Cuz I literally just answered this question TWICE)

All you need to do is go into your XSE folder and open "setting.ini". From there, scroll down until you find the line that says "AdvancedUpdateCheck = 1". Change that number to 0.
Old November 24th, 2012, 08:57 PM
AllyJacqui
The one and only -

Nature: Timid
Whenever I have People Events in Pallet town, they never go where they're meant to and on occasion they end up glitching in the wall. Any fix for this?

~ AllyJacqui, aspiring cosplayer from Sydney Australia ~

Last edited by AllyJacqui; November 24th, 2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old November 24th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyJacqui View Post
Whenever I have People Events in Pallet town, they never go where they're meant to and on occasion they end up glitching in the wall. Any fix for this?
Do you have your movement permissions correct? If your movement permissions arn't set yet, the NPC's will be able to walk into the walls of the map (If the walls of the map are set to C).
Old November 24th, 2012, 09:11 PM
AllyJacqui
The one and only -

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
Do you have your movement permissions correct? If your movement permissions arn't set yet, the NPC's will be able to walk into the walls of the map (If the walls of the map are set to C).
Yep, they're set. That's always one of the first things I do on a map (Well, besides making the actual map ahaha) The ones I'm having problems with are the ones set to not being able to move around atm.

~ AllyJacqui, aspiring cosplayer from Sydney Australia ~
Old November 24th, 2012, 10:31 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyJacqui View Post
Yep, they're set. That's always one of the first things I do on a map (Well, besides making the actual map ahaha) The ones I'm having problems with are the ones set to not being able to move around atm.
By any chance are the person event numbers higher than 10? If it is you must always do everything in hex.

For example if you have person event no. 10 with you, Then make it 0xA instead of 0x10 cause 0x10 is equal to person event no.16.

Remember this is how hex goes.

10 = A
11 = B
12 = C
13 = D
14 = E
15 = F
16 = 10
17 = 11
18 = 12

You can also convert decimal to hex in XSE.
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:37 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Okay, I don't really know if this a simple question, but it's something I've been wondering. I added Dialga and Palkia to my hack and I would also like to add in their main moves; Roar of Time and Spacial Rend. I have two dysfunctional moves, Bullet Seed and Leech Seed, due to the seed sprite being corrupted. So, I was hoping to replace those two attacks with Dialga's and Palkia's attacks. I know how to do all of the text editing and such, but I need help adding the animations. I want to re-point the attack animations to those that go with Hyper Voice and Psychic. Any ideas? This is for Pokemon Ruby by the way.

Paired with Simba
Old November 25th, 2012, 12:29 PM
TheZerox9
That's Right

Nature: Relaxed
I have the same error as others with the "Subscript out of range" thing, but my settings.ini does not have what everyone says to change (AdvancedUpdateCheck = 1) All it says is this:
[MRUList]
1=stdpoke.rbh
2=stditems.rbh
3=stdattacks.rbh
4=std.rbh
[MRUPath]
1=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
2=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
3=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
4=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\

Can someone link me to the settings.ini file?

A wise man once said:
"Jesus can walk on water, but Chuck Norris can swim on land."

I support:

Last edited by TheZerox9; November 25th, 2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Stupid smileys are stupid
Old November 25th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZerox9 View Post
I have the same error as others with the "Subscript out of range" thing, but my settings.ini does not have what everyone says to change (AdvancedUpdateCheck = 1) All it says is this:
[MRUList]
1=stdpoke.rbh
2=stditems.rbh
3=stdattacks.rbh
4=std.rbh
[MRUPath]
1=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
2=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
3=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\
4=C:\Program Files (x86)\0xRH\Pokemon Game Editor\

Can someone link me to the settings.ini file?
http://www.mediafire.com/?ipsw9kp4c3n4y6j
Old November 25th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Hyper Chibi Absol
The Chibiest Absol ever :3

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudeki View Post
What is with your Dynamic address? You should really stick to using 800000+ unless you know exactly what you are doing. Its going to try to force your script into places it really shouldn't be. Like earlier you said you were using Ruby, and in Ruby that address is full of information already. Which could be messing up your script while also messing up a lot of other things in the game.

Looping can also depend on how you are actually setting it up in advance map.
Well... The dynamic address (I guess) was the offset. :s And I'll try and see if I can put an offset of 8000000 or whatever and see if that works and if it doesn't then I have no clue what to do. x-x; It sucks 'cause this is a very small thing in the game that seems like it could be fixed easily and I NEED it to be fixed so I can progress to the next area. I only really need to move events around for my edit mainly because I'm doing this for my fiance's twin brother.

EDIT: THANK GOD I FINALLY FIXED IT! 8D Thank you so much guys for everything!

Bliss is love
Yin and Yang
Yang and Yin

We are one in the same...

Heart and Soul
Soul and Heart
You and me
Me and you

Let our lives be more than this game...

~Hyper Chibi Absol

Hyper Chibi Absol x TheUmbreonMaster

Last edited by Hyper Chibi Absol; November 29th, 2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old November 26th, 2012, 11:29 PM
CameraFan
Unhatched Egg

What is the palette offset for the palette the player uses in FR/LG?
Old November 27th, 2012, 01:37 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameraFan View Post
What Sprite? Intro, Trainer, or OW? :/
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:08 AM
LugiaMZ

I having a question hope someone will answer me.

I want to add some Tileset palletes for Advance Map, has a method to add it? If have can eveyone give me the tutorial link?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, Thanks.

Last edited by LugiaMZ; November 29th, 2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old November 28th, 2012, 07:13 AM
KyX
Unhatched Egg

In Fire red where is the Tall Grass tileset?

I cannot find it in any map/tileset.
IN R/S/E there are 2 type of grass.. normal grass, and Tall grass.

Using NSE with Fire red i can see the image of the second type of grass, but in advance map can't find it.

Here is an example of the grass i'm refering to (from Emerald):
hxxp://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5958/grassm.jpg
Old November 28th, 2012, 07:42 AM
CameraFan
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
What Sprite? Intro, Trainer, or OW? :/
OW. Sorry about that, forgot to mention :/
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:21 AM
awipe1

Hey does anyone know where I can find a classic misty trainer sprite/OWs for gen 3? When I mean classic I mean the same cloths/hair colour as she has in the show. Please let me know where I can find this, I am terrible at making sprites

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old November 28th, 2012, 05:29 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
Hey does anyone know where I can find a classic misty trainer sprite/OWs for gen 3? When I mean classic I mean the same cloths/hair colour as she has in the show. Please let me know where I can find this, I am terrible at making sprites
Me too, but I found this awesome site for shrinking things. At first I thought it would be really bad, but it actually works well. I shrunk the Bulbapedia picture of Misty with it.

However, I haven't had 15 posts yet, so PM me and I can get it to you.
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:50 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
The palette can be found at 0x35B968, but be careful when changing it as it is shared by both player genders. If you do want to have different palettes for the boy and girl then you can repoint the pointer at either 0x3A5198 (Boy) or 0x3A51C0 (Girl) to some empty space and create a new palette. If you're using JPAN's engine then the male/ female pointers have been changed to 0x1A2440 and 0x1A2468 respectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyX View Post
In Fire red where is the Tall Grass tileset?

I cannot find it in any map/tileset.
IN R/S/E there are 2 type of grass.. normal grass, and Tall grass.

Using NSE with Fire red i can see the image of the second type of grass, but in advance map can't find it.

Here is an example of the grass i'm refering to (from Emerald):
hxxp://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5958/grassm.jpg
The tall grass isn't used anywhere in FR so there are no tilesets that use it and the actual tile behaviour that calls the animation is broken. Luckily, knizz found out how to reactivate it in this thread so it is definitely what you're searching for.
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:20 PM
CameraFan
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
The palette can be found at 0x35B968, but be careful when changing it as it is shared by both player genders. If you do want to have different palettes for the boy and girl then you can repoint the pointer at either 0x3A5198 (Boy) or 0x3A51C0 (Girl) to some empty space and create a new palette. If you're using JPAN's engine then the male/ female pointers have been changed to 0x1A2440 and 0x1A2468 respectively.
Thanks! I was changing a palette for a new OW sprite and when I imported it I happened to realise it was the palette for the player OWs :/
Are there any unused OW palettes I could screw around with?
Old November 29th, 2012, 09:18 AM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Thanks! I was changing a palette for a new OW sprite and when I imported it I happened to realise it was the palette for the player OWs :/
Are there any unused OW palettes I could screw around with?
No, all are used at one point, but some are barely used (Most of the ones after 0xA are hardly touched. Take a look with NSE).

If you're using Fire Red, you can create more Palettes using JPAN's hacked engine.
Old November 30th, 2012, 02:26 AM
psychicboy
Hacking is all that matters...

Nature: Hasty
I got this error on advance map saying ERROR: (Eaccessviolation) Access violation. Not sure how to fix this.Help appreciated

Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:21 PM
awipe1

I made all my overworlds for this character (Replacing misty) and when I get her to walk, she stays in one position. She only stays in the 1st frame while she moves and looks around so it looks extremely bad. Anyone know why this is happening? I have all the frames finished (except for the last 2) but I should still see the other frames when she is moving around.

Hey I know I just asked a question but I have been doing a lot of ROM hacking latelly and I really need help for this one.

For most tutorials I need to have JPANS firered hack engine applied to my ROM, but I don't know how to do that. Pretty much what i'm asking is, how do I apply "Hacked Fire Red Engine V 1.1.ips" to my ROM? When I double click on it, it says what program would I like to open it with, what do I do at this point? I know this might be a stupid question but I feel like the instructions were not clear enough, that's why I am having trouble applying the engine to my ROM.

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.

Last edited by awipe1; November 30th, 2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:35 PM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
I made all my overworlds for this character (Replacing misty) and when I get her to walk, she stays in one position. She only stays in the 1st frame while she moves and looks around so it looks extremely bad. Anyone know why this is happening? I have all the frames finished (except for the last 2) but I should still see the other frames when she is moving around.
Make sure the frames have different offsets. Misty, I believe, has frames that are all the same (I might be wrong, but I believe most of them are the same thing). You need to change the offsets in a hex editor to "delink" the frames so that each one can be different.

Hey I know I just asked a question but I have been doing a lot of ROM hacking latelly and I really need help for this one.

For most tutorials I need to have JPANS firered hack engine applied to my ROM, but I don't know how to do that. Pretty much what i'm asking is, how do I apply "Hacked Fire Red Engine V 1.1.ips" to my ROM? When I double click on it, it says what program would I like to open it with, what do I do at this point? I know this might be a stupid question but I feel like the instructions were not clear enough, that's why I am having trouble applying the engine to my ROM.
You need to download either A-Patch from HackMew, or the one I use still is LIPS (which comes with Elite Map and such, you can get it from WAH). Then you open the programs and it'll ask you what IPS you want to use, and then what ROM to patch it to (or the other way around...it tells you when you use it).
Answers are in bold! Hopefully I helped.
Old November 30th, 2012, 10:49 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Can anyone tell me how to edit LZ77 Palletes correctly? Like for the battle backgrounds...

I really need help on getting the right values for it to match the image real colors...
Old December 1st, 2012, 11:00 AM
CameraFan
Unhatched Egg

I'm trying to install JPAN's engine to add more OW palettes but when it gets to the variables for Dynamic OWs promptbox it can never progress when I put in a free variable. Am I missing something?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links