The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Old November 24th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Dos_Gyarados

Magmama (Magmar) lvl 42
Flame Body
-Confuse Ray
-Lava Plume
-Strength
-Flamethrower

Old Red (Gyarados) lvl 45
Intimidate
-Dragon Dance
-Ice Fang
-Waterfall
-Thunder

Woolybully (Ampharos) lvl 42
Static
-Signal Beam
-Thunder
-Discharge
-Thunder Wave

Luigi (Lugia) lvl 46
Pressure
-Extrasensory
-Fly
-Whirlpool
-Aeroblast

Skarface (Skarmory) lvl 37
Sturdy
-Agility
-Swift
-Whirlwind
-Spikes

Blue Beast (Gyardos) lvl 41
Intimidate
-Ice Fang
-Dragon Pulse
-Earthquake
-Surf

I would like some advice on how I could build this team to defeat the elite four. What moves could I possibly replace with better moves? What items would be effective? Especially need help defeating Lance, I have no problem with the others. Plan on leveling all up to lvl 45 before seriously challenging the E4 again.
Old November 24th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Xcelleratr

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Xcelleratr
Hmm... your team is pretty good. Having two Gyarados (or two of any pokemon really) isn't normally a good idea, but since you are having trouble with Lance, I'd say that is fine. I forget if Lugia can learn Blizzard, but if it can, I would recommend teaching it (get rid of whirlpool). That would probably be a huge help against Lance. Finally, Raise Skarmory and both Gyarados's up to as high a level as you can, as they are your most valuable assets against Lance (Skarmory for its resistance to outrage, Gyarados for Ice Fang). Lastly, try to teach Steel Wing to Skarmory if you can.
Old November 24th, 2012, 06:41 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Magmar is pretty good although I highly recommend evolving it and replacing Strength with Brick Break.

I didn't know Gyarados could learn Thunder... Old Red is fine I'd say.

I'd replace Discharge with Thunderbolt on your Ampharos.

Replace whirlpool with Ice Beam or Blizzard.

Whirlwind and Spikes are good. But you Should probably give it at least one STAB move.

No problems with Gyarados no. 2 although it is odd using two of the same pokemon.

On items, anything that benefits their strong stat, replaces health, cures conditions or helps with weaknesses. On levels you should level them up to about level 48-52. Especially get Skarmory's level up, it is beyond screwed at that level.
Old November 25th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Dos_Gyarados

Gave 'em hell with this team at level 45. Thanks for all the help guys!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links