The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 22nd, 2012, 07:11 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Guys please keep the questions and answers Black 2 and White 2 specific. This is not a discussion or help thread for EV training.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old November 23rd, 2012, 11:46 PM
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I accidentally killed Latias on a bad crit, and didn't realize it would attack me when I stepped on the tile so I didn't save beforehand. Is there any way to fight it again or will I have to reset and lose my last few hours of work? ;/

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old November 23rd, 2012, 11:55 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
I accidentally killed Latias on a bad crit, and didn't realize it would attack me when I stepped on the tile so I didn't save beforehand. Is there any way to fight it again or will I have to reset and lose my last few hours of work? ;/
;A;
Daaaang. Yeah, it's gone for good. unlike the Musketeers, every other legendary Pokemon goes away forever once defeated. :c

Old November 24th, 2012, 11:25 AM
ahmet476
standing around

How does BW2 translate to usual first,second,third games of same gen scheme?

I mean Diamond and Pearl had a few differences. Platinum was the third and it is kinda combined version of D&P. How does this work with BW and BW2?
Old November 24th, 2012, 11:31 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post

I mean Diamond and Pearl had a few differences. Platinum was the third and it is kinda combined version of D&P. How does this work with BW and BW2?
BW2 is kind of instead of the third game for the generation. Game Freak decided to give us new games entirely, rather than a third game this time.
Old November 24th, 2012, 12:27 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:

To add to what vaporeon7 already said, B2/W2 are the sequels to the original B/W, as opposed to being merely "third versions" of them.

Old November 24th, 2012, 01:17 PM
ahmet476
standing around

Wow! That is nice. So one should play first either Black or White and then Black 2 or White 2 to get a total different experience than just a few differences? It sounds cool. It is surely better than playing two almost identical games and a combined one at last.
Old November 24th, 2012, 04:22 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Wow! That is nice. So one should play first either Black or White and then Black 2 or White 2 to get a total different experience than just a few differences? It sounds cool. It is surely better than playing two almost identical games and a combined one at last.
Yes, I would recommend playing Black or White before Black 2 or White 2. You'll understand the games much better then. Also you can unlock some stuff using B/W in B2/W2 such as Memory Link.
Old November 24th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Guys, we don't want to have to keep repeating ourselves. XanderO and I have made it very clear this is not a discuss forum. It's a quick question and quick answer thread. Nothing more than that. No thanks yous, no discussing the answer.

Old November 25th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Is there a place I can get Vitamins earlier in the game or do I have wait for the big shopping area near Souryuu City and rely on the Dream World in the meantime?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
Is there a place I can get Vitamins earlier in the game or do I have wait for the big shopping area near Souryuu City and rely on the Dream World in the meantime?
Shopping Mall Nine, Join Avenue, Battle Subway, Pokemon World Tournament, and Hidden throughout the world. That's all that's written so those are the only ways to get them outside of the Dream World.
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
I believe you would have to either level up a Mart in your Join Avenue (after 3rd badge) or grind PWT (after 5th IIRC maybe before) for BP and buy them @ 1 BP each.

I assume you meant places you could acquire mass amounts, I don't have a list of all the ones you find on the ground anyway lol.

If you go the Mart/Join Avenue route there are 2 different types of Marts that sell 3 different kinds of Vitamins each. (I recommend Serebii's article on it for specifics.) The vitamins are unlocked at rank 5, 6 and 7 Marts which isn't too bad. If you level them in conjunction with Dojo's/Cafes you save tons of time in the long run anyway as they both train EVs in mass amounts cheaply!

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
I believe you would have to either level up a Mart in your Join Avenue (after 3rd badge) or grind PWT (after 5th IIRC maybe before) for BP and buy them @ 1 BP each.

I assume you meant places you could acquire mass amounts, I don't have a list of all the ones you find on the ground anyway lol.

If you go the Mart/Join Avenue route there are 2 different types of Marts that sell 3 different kinds of Vitamins each. (I recommend Serebii's article on it for specifics.) The vitamins are unlocked at rank 5, 6 and 7 Marts which isn't too bad. If you level them in conjunction with Dojo's/Cafes you save tons of time in the long run anyway as they both train EVs in mass amounts cheaply!
I'm sorry, what are PWT and IIRC?

When you say "Mart/Join Avenue", you mean shops I set up in Join Avenue?

On the subject of Join Avenue, what exactly do the Dojos do? I've skimmed over the Serebii article but I'm wondering about more specific details. Do they fill up a Pokemon's EV potential in place of vitamins or do they give the@ an even higher EV ceiling? Are Dojos more effective than vitamins?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old November 25th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
I'm sorry, what are PWT and IIRC?

When you say "Mart/Join Avenue", you mean shops I set up in Join Avenue?

On the subject of Join Avenue, what exactly do the Dojos do? I've skimmed over the Serebii article but I'm wondering about more specific details. Do they fill up a Pokemon's EV potential in place of vitamins or do they give the@ an even higher EV ceiling? Are Dojos more effective than vitamins?
PWT is Pokémon World Tournament. And IIRC is "if I recall correctly".
Dojos are more effective than vitamins as vitamins stop adding EVs after reaching 100 EV points.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old November 26th, 2012, 08:53 AM
何贤豪

Hello!
I kinda need some help on a certain anomaly.
When I use the Battle Videos feature of the Global Terminal and upload a video, after it's done, I seem to be unable to move away from the completion screen, which would state: "Your Battle Video has been uploaded. Video Number: (insert number)" or something like that. I tried pressing like all buttons and it failed...the soft reset combo didn't work. So whenever I finish uploading, I'd always turn off the DS instead of simply starting at the Pokemon Center. For this whole issue, would waiting for a few good minutes do the trick, or is this a permanent glitch? Thanks. And also...bear in mind, when I get stuck in the completion screen, the game still plays the music and the animation of the three bars moving around on the Vs. Recorder's side\the game doesn't freeze, it still functions.
Old November 26th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Icy Burn
Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3

Nature: Jolly
Just wanting to know (yes, it probably sounds so nooby ...) but what does your Join Avenue actually do? I never understood on my first play of the game, but now I at least want to know if it does anything cool ect.

Thanks in advance.
Old November 26th, 2012, 10:17 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Burn View Post
Just wanting to know (yes, it probably sounds so nooby ...) but what does your Join Avenue actually do? I never understood on my first play of the game, but now I at least want to know if it does anything cool ect.

Thanks in advance.
Basically, you invite NPCs that walk by there to start up shops that do things such as easing Pokemon training.

I don't know everything about Join Avenue, but you can check here for more.

Old November 26th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Eps
Unhatched Egg

Was I supposed to get HM06 Dive from Hugh in Undella Town after the battle? I didn't get it...
Old November 26th, 2012, 11:18 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eps View Post
Was I supposed to get HM06 Dive from Hugh in Undella Town after the battle? I didn't get it...
I never played up to that point, but I think you get it from Hugh after you beat the Elite 4.

Old November 26th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Do Dream World Pokemon caught in the Entralink Forest count towards the "Catch 50 Pokemon in a day" medal?
Old November 26th, 2012, 08:49 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
I never played up to that point, but I think you get it from Hugh after you beat the Elite 4.

PD is correct on that.

Speaking of... I tried Iding my IVs on my Staryu. I did no EV training but its atk was still 2 points higher then the range under Timid nature. Should I count that as a 31 IV?
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

I just beat the Castelia City gym leader... What do I do next??? Do I go east or do I go north or something else???
Old November 27th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Sydian
there it is

Nature: Timid
Go north to leave the city, and you should meet Colress and then if you go out to the gate that leads to Route 4, Bianca gives you...something...I think the Dowsing Machine. Very useful in the Desert Resort, btw! You can find lots of shards with it and you'll be needing them if you want to get move tutor moves later on. :)

Edit: Oh, if you meant east or north in the desert, I recommend doing the western part first and get some exp and then the northern part and Desert Resort after it. idk what it is about Desert Resort, but it always kicks my butt in B2W2, so you'll definitely wanna battle the trainers on Route 4 before you go there.

Play the game to change the game

Last edited by Sydian; November 27th, 2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: wow i think i'm directionally challenged haha
Old November 27th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Icy Burn
Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3

After you beat Burgh, you proceed north I think to Nimbasa City. Nacre e City and areas before that are not accessible until post-game, so you can't do any breeding yet.

I hope this helped!
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Is there even any point in getting the medals other than showing off?

With the Dojo in Join Avenue, are Vitamins outdated now?

Also, does it matter how leveled up in EVs a Pokemon already is when getting training at a Dojo? If I wait too long will it be too late to get benefits from the Dojo EV training?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links