The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 5th, 2012, 08:04 PM
CarefulWetPaint
I burn. Come at me, you'll see
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CarefulWetPaint
Thats so cool Shiny! (Too bad your banned) Thats really cool that you made your own instrument though.

Its really cool that you have won some of the talent shows!

Audacity is the best free program I can think of for you to use shiny.

New topic:

What musical skill impresses you the most and why?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 13th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Crux
Evermore

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Crux
Username:Rococo
Instrument(s) played: Harmonica,Singer(or at least getting there)
Are you willing to collaborate with other members:Maybe sometime in the future.

There's actually quite a few Instruments that I intend to learn;Bass (guitar),Guitar,Violin,Piano,are a few from my hit list. I might go into electronic as well,i've yet to decide.
Ambitious? "The only limitations that exist are those that we give ourselves."

Now,on to the topic! :D
I'd have to say the abillity to learn a song by just listening to it.
Not only does it require a fine tuned ear,but also impressive knowledge of whatever instrument you're playing.

W o r d p l o y
{Never and Forever}

Tees | Coming Soon | Coming Soon
Old October 21st, 2012, 01:06 PM
CarefulWetPaint

Welcome Rococo!

That is a little ambitious but if you think you can handle it the more the merrier! How do you plan to learn those instruments?

I also think being able to learn a song by listening to it is incredible! Whenever people do that Im always like.. really..? Do you really have to do that? You're making me feel useless ugh! Anyone with perfect pitch is also pretty impressive, especially if they know how to use it to play music and tune music and such!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 01:58 PM
Crux
Evermore

As ridiculous as it sounds...i'm teaching myself.
I find that doing as such gives you a far deeper understanding of the instrument,it just takes twice as long to learn it. >…<

Yeah,I know what you mean. xD
*my face after they play it... :0

Indeed,perfect pitch would have to be second for me.
Being a singer myself (or at least aspiring) I know how hard it is to hit some of those notes,let alone hold them like some are able to!

W o r d p l o y
{Never and Forever}

Old October 23rd, 2012, 04:35 PM
Sandshrew4
Also known as Sandwich

Nature: Careful
If i play instruments and am trying to start a band but am not a professional musician could i sill join? If so then heres my application-
Name- Sandshrew4
Instruments- Piano, recorder (who doesn't play the recorder), i used to play trombone, i can play tambourine and am teaching myself guitar.
Am i willing to collaborate? I am looking for a bass player, singer, and possible a drummer for my band so if you live in/near Chicago and are close to my age then sure!
I'm sure 3/4 the world population is gonna kill me but i hate techno/electronic stuff. I also don't like rap and country.
Topic question- who influenced you to play music? This might sound weird but the beatles, monkees, ac dc, and styx have inspired me to play an instrument and start up a band. Just listening to their music made me want to create music like they did.
Edit: I answered the wrong topic ques
To answer the new topic question the skill that impresses me the most is being able to sit down and just write music. I can come up with lyrics no problem but the actual instrumental parts are always difficult for me for some reason.

Last edited by Sandshrew4; October 23rd, 2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old October 25th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Crux
Evermore

Hey Sandshrew,welcome aboard! (have I the right to say that? 0.o just yell at me if not,Paint. xD)

That's cool that you can play piano,anytime I try to talk to about music to someone it's always guitar guitar GUITAR....0.O
It's nice to see somebody that takes an interest in one of the classics!

Most musicians i've come across do it by writing it a couple notes at a time.
You should try just jammin' out on whatever instrument you're writing for and see where it takes you.

W o r d p l o y
{Never and Forever}

Old October 28th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Kurui
Kageroza's Waifu

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurui Send a message via Skype™ to Kurui

The ability to express real emotion through composition or execution. Sure anybody can learn to make their fingers fly over guitar strings or learn to beat out rhythms on drums. It's when there's that secret talent of putting the oomph behind it that makes it truly special and amazing. Sometimes music "has it" and sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure true musicians know what I'm talking about XD.

----

Won a few more awards with my UTAU skillz. Mostly using Toad's UTAU which has made up the basis of nearly all of my self-made USTs. Howeeeever, I've got a few new UTAU to work with lately and I am excited! One of the UTAU is even getting a ripsync model for her first song video and my mix will be going along with it~. So exciting! XD I'll have that video up ASAP with her, but you can hear a sample of the music here: http://soundcloud.com/inabakageroza/jitterdoll-shizo-cv

I think the final one will be full VCV. This was just a CV mix.

Other than that I've sang a few little things here and there with my friend Kitty-chan. Including starting up Misty's theme from Poke'mon which I still need to finish a final mix of:

http://youtu.be/KHBUyZx6iC4

And a little piece I just sang for Kitty all myself. No mixing or music or anything with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvZ2EEyIvIw

-----

And a little sample of the K-hop music from the video game I'm working on.

http://picosong.com/wznv/
Composed by NN
Directed by Toad, Kurui

Not done yet obviously, just has the groundwork and beats done and being played with.

Anyway there's a few of the things I've worked on/am working on/finished/etc.

It's been a busy past few months. More follows soon. DX I am such an active musician lol I swear I'm doing something musical every day ......
"Yor barmy...."
"o.o What's that?"

"Tha' means yor nu's, yor froo' loops, yor BANANAS!"

R.I.P. KAGEROZA. </3 T_T
I am Shi-Orihime Inaba on FailFacebook.

Old October 29th, 2012, 08:22 AM
cacturne4512
Psyduck

Nature: Quirky
Wow, I've been really inactive in this club. Whoops.

Being able to learn a song completely by ear. Maybe because I'm nowhere close to being able to do that myself.
Old October 29th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Kroso
Feels like a failure

Nature: Gentle
What musical skill impresses you the most and why? Being able to perform using a guitar.
Edit : Anyone want to do a collaboration?

Last edited by Kroso; October 30th, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old October 30th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Crux
Evermore

Your pretty good Kurui! :D And that's great that you're so involved in music! ♬
Your voice almost reminds me of the female immortal from Nabari No Ou,not gonna lie. :l xD

Cacturne4512...I feel ya man. -.-'
The best thing to do I think is to just keep workin' at it though. (At least i'd hope so,or else i've wasted days in pointless rehearsal. D: ) xD

Whilst as i'd love to Kroso, (it sounds like fun! :D) i'd like to get just a bit better prior to going public.
Can I take a raincheck? :)

W o r d p l o y
{Never and Forever}

Old November 10th, 2012, 02:01 PM
CarefulWetPaint

Welcome new members! I'll get around to adding you to the list soon! Sorry for the inactivity!

Firstly Sandshrew you in no need to be pro to join this club haha. Just playing/learning an instrument is MORE than enough to qualify to be a member, you dont even need to ask permission.

Kurui, again wonderful stuff from you, it's always fantastic to see people getting their music out there and being recognised! Recognize. You seem to win so many awards :O.

< Another person who can't really learn songs by ear, I feel your pain bro beans, feel it deeply.

Sorry Kroso but I don't think Ill be able to join you, maybe some other people will be up for it!

edit: I just went through the whole thread and put everyones contributions on the front page for people to see easily! Please tell me if a link doesnt work so I can fix or remove it!

New topicccc!
Have you ever made an original song? If so have you recorded it and can we listen to it PLEASEEEEEEE. If not do you plan/want to?

Last edited by CarefulWetPaint; November 10th, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old November 11th, 2012, 07:08 AM
LightningAlex

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
Username: LightningAlex
Instrument(s) played: Electric guitar, and I'd love to learn the piano.
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: I'd love that!

Now on topic: I have written a few songs, but I've never recorded any. I wrote an instrumental that I like to call "Zig-zag", because I'm bad at naming instrumentals, and because it uses a lot of the "zig-zag pattern" on the guitar.

Old November 11th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Autumn Reverie
The world bores you when you're cool.

Nature: Modest
Hi! May I join? :D

Username: synerjee

Instrument(s) played: Singer, piano, violin (haven't been playing for years, but still have the skills xD), guitar (self-taught) & drums (just basic beats)
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Yes, please! :D

Current topic: Have you ever made an original song? If not do you plan/want to?
I have not yet made an original song, but I would love to try making one in the future when I have the time. :)

And also because I feel like it, I'll answer the previous question: What musical skill impresses you the most and why?
The ability to perfectly harmonize with another voice. I really respect people who are able to do that. <3 I'm currently practising, but I'm not that good yet.

Last edited by Autumn Reverie; November 11th, 2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Crux
Evermore

synerjee and Alex! :D Welcome aboard guys! (again,Paint if i'm not allowed to say that just slap me)

Okay,as for the topic,i've made a few,but i've never recorded any.
It would be nice to,and I might at some point in the future,if I do i'll be sure to share it with you all. :D

W o r d p l o y
{Never and Forever}

Old November 17th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Kroso
Feels like a failure

I've experimented with some things, but I haven't really recorded anything. I plan to soon, or just to experiment and tell you guys what you think. Also, are the majority of the musicians passionate about what you do?
Old November 24th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Crux
Evermore

Wow...this club really isn't that active. :<

I'm working on a new song! :D "Dice With The Devil"
I might record this one, i'm really feeling it this time.

Hmm, i'd say that I am.
I try to make sure to do something music related every day, if I don't then I feel both utterly depressed and like the day was hollow if that makes any sense. :/

W o r d p l o y
{Never and Forever}

Old November 24th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Sandshrew4
Also known as Sandwich

Have you ever made an original song? If so have you recorded it and can we listen to it PLEASEEEEEEE. If not do you plan/want to?
Well I'm working on two songs. However, as I do not own drums, I have yet to come up with a drum part. They could also use a bass part...as soon as I actually turn the mess into music, I would love to post it up here (I also need a vocalist, bass or lead guitarist, and a keyboardist XD)
Old November 25th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Kroso
Feels like a failure

To be honest, even though this club is inactive, The musicians surley aren't! I've to say myself to be honest, I'm very passonate about what I play on the bass and trombone. Even though I usually fiddle on the bass from time to time. I'm actually thinking to see if I can bring one of my ideas to life. I've all the recording software, I just need to wait till I have time to do so. I can't wait until I actually bring the idea to life. :D.
Old November 25th, 2012, 04:16 PM
LightningAlex

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandshrew4 View Post
(I also need a vocalist, bass or lead guitarist, and a keyboardist XD)
Well, that's not a lot at all xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroso View Post
To be honest, even though this club is inactive, The musicians surley aren't! I've to say myself to be honest, I'm very passonate about what I play on the bass and trombone. Even though I usually fiddle on the bass from time to time. I'm actually thinking to see if I can bring one of my ideas to life. I've all the recording software, I just need to wait till I have time to do so. I can't wait until I actually bring the idea to life. :D.
I'm glad to hear that. I really hope you finish it soon. I'd like to hear a piece of music by my fellow PC-ers.

Anyway, guys, I have some spare time in the next 3 weeks, so I had a cool idea (Well, at least it's cool in my head xD ). We should form a band! Not in real life, since we're all a couple thousand miles apart. It'd work like this: Each band member would record his/her part of a song, and then someone who is good with video-editing would put all of the recorded videos together (Like a split screen) and in sync. I could do lead guitar.

I hope it's not a stupid idea... what do you think?

Old November 25th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Sandshrew4
Also known as Sandwich

Woah! I think that would sound cool. I could do keyboard. I also have a kiddie tambourine if we needed it XD
Old November 26th, 2012, 02:20 AM
LightningAlex

Quote:
Woah! I think that would sound cool. I could do keyboard. I also have a kiddie tambourine if we needed it XD
I'm not sure about the kiddie tambourine xD But a keyboard would be awesome! Can you play anything by Deep Purple?

Old November 26th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Kroso
Feels like a failure

I think it sounds like a good idea to be honest! However, what would happen to the users who are still freshly new to their instruments? (Me, bass only for four months. XD) However, a sweet and wonderful idea you've come up with. Don't forget the lazy players too. XD
Old November 26th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Sandshrew4
Also known as Sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningAlex View Post
I'm not sure about the kiddie tambourine xD But a keyboard would be awesome! Can you play anything by Deep Purple?
No, but I could easily learn!
Old November 26th, 2012, 04:43 PM
LightningAlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroso View Post
I think it sounds like a good idea to be honest! However, what would happen to the users who are still freshly new to their instruments? (Me, bass only for four months. XD) However, a sweet and wonderful idea you've come up with. Don't forget the lazy players too. XD
Well, there are some easy songs that can be learned by beginners.

Quote:
No, but I could easily learn!
That's great! I'm sure it would bring your playing to a whole new level, Jon Lord (The keyboard player for Deep Purple) was a genius!

We could start with Smoke on the Water. Everyone knows that song, and it's really easy to play, too! We have a guitarist, keyboardist and bassist. All we need is a singer and a drummer.

Old November 26th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Kroso
Feels like a failure

To be honest, I've never heard Deep Purple. However, it shouldn't be too hard if I manage to pay attention to it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links