The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 17th, 2012, 02:28 PM
PiemanFiddy
Spreader of the T-Virus

Hi, I was just wondering how to get Pokemon sprites in my forum posts?

Like, whenever I see someone in the forum listing their pokemon team, they use the sprites of the pokemon in their team (sometimes they're animated, sometimes they aren't.)

Can anyone explain to me how to do this? I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Old November 17th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Sairento Tamashii
A man protects what he loves
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiemanFiddy View Post
Hi, I was just wondering how to get Pokemon sprites in my forum posts?

Like, whenever I see someone in the forum listing their pokemon team, they use the sprites of the pokemon in their team (sometimes they're animated, sometimes they aren't.)

Can anyone explain to me how to do this? I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Find a website which has pokemon sprites by a simple google search and when creating a post, Right click the sprite copy the image URL then click the little picture of the mountains across the top Ctrl-v the image url in and press ok. There you have it :D

Old November 18th, 2012, 08:35 PM
urnotwirthy
Unhatched Egg

I just found my little bros soul silver and without deleting his game save played it for an hour. Now i just found out that I can't overwrite the game save from in game. I really don't want to lose all my work. PLEASE HELP!
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:44 PM
curiousnathan
I will find you

Nature: Quiet
Do you mean you can't save the game? If so, I'm not sure what could be done. Perhaps a quick google on this issue might find you a solution? I'm assuming it might be a technical issue, but with the little informaiton it's hard to expand on that there.

Anyway, this belongs in the 4th Gen Help thread!

Moved.

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live
I'm away for a few days; see you soon!
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
Ah, I've seen this problem before. Unfortunately unlike the older games where you could overwrite the save file even if a previous one was already there, the newer games Gen IV and V, don't allow that. Sadly, nothing much can be done about this other than turning it off and deleting your brother's save file then play again.

That's all that can really be done unfortunately ;_;, but hopefully I helped!
. :p
Old November 21st, 2012, 06:11 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
Having a little trouble, I'm playing diamond and I want to get heatran, problem is Buck was at the bottom of the stark mt. but when I enter the mt. where Buck is supposed to be added to your party he is not there, have I missed some thing some where or what?
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old November 21st, 2012, 06:28 PM
Jak
where the fairy flies

Nature: Timid
I think you have to get past a Strength puzzle first and get into the next room.
Old November 21st, 2012, 06:30 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

I've played these games before, I am past that and know where Buck is supposed to be, but he is not there.
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
Ok do Pokemon in the Sinnoh Safari Zone appear at certain times? I'm like spending money on these binoculars and seeing the same Pokemon.

Old November 25th, 2012, 05:34 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Milkshake View Post
Ok do Pokemon in the Sinnoh Safari Zone appear at certain times? I'm like spending money on these binoculars and seeing the same Pokemon.
I don't think so, I've always seen the same Pokemon walking around no matter what time of day.
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

But they do appear in certain sections though right? I've been looking for Skorupi with no luck.

Old November 25th, 2012, 05:47 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
Uh, it's been awhile since I've beein in the Safari Zone in Platinum so I'm not really sure. I never had a problem finding him. I found him close to the entrance.
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:53 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Milkshake View Post
But they do appear in certain sections though right? I've been looking for Skorupi with no luck.
There are certain Pokémon that are only able to be caught some days, and those change everyday. One day it might be Skorupi, the next it might be Carnivine, etc.

More info on Serebii.
http://www.serebii.net/platinum/greatmarsh.shtml
Old November 26th, 2012, 03:34 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
Tyrunt
Community Supporter Tier 2

Okay, so I have been trying to clone on Pokemon Diamond using the GTS glitch. I've tried several different spin amounts (including the most popular ones online), but it never works. It spins 8 times for my Flareon before it goes to trade, so I've tried stopping it at 7 and 7 1/2 spins...still doesn't work. Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?

Pokemon Y Pokedex entry
My Trade Review Thread
Just a Trade Sh⊗p
Paired to Amaura
Old November 26th, 2012, 04:17 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Maybe the timing is different for your wifi/router. I'd suggest if you can to look at the router itself and time when you disconnect with the timing of flight flashing, as that (supposedly from what I read ages back) corresponds to the sending of data.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old November 26th, 2012, 06:46 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
Tyrunt

I tried that, but all of the lights blink over and over again...even if I'm not using the internet. I seen online that using the light method is easier, but I obviously can't use it.

I have continued to try using the more difficult method and have yet to get results from it. I just end up frustrated after spending 15 minutes trying to clone the same Mewtwo (oh the irony!).

Are there any other ways to do it, aside from using an AR? I've even resorted to using youtube, but they all just have how to do it with either AR or GTS.

Pokemon Y Pokedex entry
My Trade Review Thread
Just a Trade Sh⊗p
Paired to Amaura
Old November 26th, 2012, 06:49 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
I tried that, but all of the lights blink over and over again...even if I'm not using the internet. I seen online that using the light method is easier, but I obviously can't use it.

I have continued to try using the more difficult method and have yet to get results from it. I just end up frustrated after spending 15 minutes trying to clone the same Mewtwo (oh the irony!).

Are there any other ways to do it, aside from using an AR? I've even resorted to using youtube, but they all just have how to do it with either AR or GTS.
The GTS cloning is very hard to get to work, I've tried it and it takes forever and alot of patience and yes there is another way, use the cloning thread in the trading forum. Or just message me.
Old November 26th, 2012, 06:54 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
Tyrunt

Okay, so does it just take practice?
I was worried that I'm doing something wrong...but even if it takes a while to master, I'm willing to try (though the only reason is so I can give out legendaries and shinies to people here without needing something rare/shiny in return).

Pokemon Y Pokedex entry
My Trade Review Thread
Just a Trade Sh⊗p
Paired to Amaura
Old November 26th, 2012, 06:56 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
Okay, so does it just take practice?
I was worried that I'm doing something wrong...but even if it takes a while to master, I'm willing to try (though the only reason is so I can give out legendaries and shinies to people here without needing something rare/shiny in return).
Yes it's practice and I found that when I was doing it (my router doesn't flash) when you get it one time it will become easier cause it's not always on a certain turn of the clock.
Old November 27th, 2012, 03:05 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
Tyrunt

Okay, now it won't work again.
I've spent who knows how long trying to make it work today and it just doesn't allow me to clone anymore.

The only other two ways won't work, either (my neighbors apparently have devices that search for internet, causing my WLAN light to blink even when not in use...I don't know how to do it with trading other than GTS). Is there a fourth way that I don't know about? Or am I doing something wrong?

Pokemon Y Pokedex entry
My Trade Review Thread
Just a Trade Sh⊗p
Paired to Amaura
Old November 29th, 2012, 12:43 PM
CKeegan
Unhatched Egg

Hi, I am looking for a number of Action Replay codes for Soul Silver.

I need European Action Replay codes to obtain the following items as well as the steps required when the code is activated:
Membership Pass
Oak's Letter
Azure Flute

Thank you.
Old November 29th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Why can't I change what the Pokemon of the day is for the population outbreak? In the 5th gen games I can just reset if I haven't saved the game that day and I can just keep resetting until it's the Pokemon I want. I can also reset to change which Pokemon shows up in Urayama's garden, but I've tried many times before talking to Hikari's sister and every time I talk to her it's the same Pokemon and I have to wait until the next day.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old November 29th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Hikamaru
The Aqua Mouse Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
Why can't I change what the Pokemon of the day is for the population outbreak? In the 5th gen games I can just reset if I haven't saved the game that day and I can just keep resetting until it's the Pokemon I want. I can also reset to change which Pokemon shows up in Urayama's garden, but I've tried many times before talking to Hikari's sister and every time I talk to her it's the same Pokemon and I have to wait until the next day.
Swarms cannot be reset in 4th Gen but can be reset in 5th Gen.

So yeah, the answer is no.

Crystal Supporter Hikamaru

"The fur on its body naturally repels water. It can stay dry, even when it plays in the water."

Marill

Old November 30th, 2012, 03:08 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
There is one way to reset it which is to change the time of your DS to just before midnight and begin playing before that time too, which'll change the swarm. Note that it'd disable other time-based things though (e.g. all your berries will die).

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old December 1st, 2012, 05:52 AM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Dearest fourth gen wunderkind:

My boyfriend wants me to get him a Porygon but my HG isn't in Celadon yet will the coins at Goldenrod be usable in Celadon when I get there? Or should I get off my lazy butt and go search for his SS that's actually there already?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links