• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
someone help me? when i try to play .gba games (emerald and hacks) on vba 2 strange things happen.
1. just before going into a battle the lines that go across screen stop for about 1 second. not that bad i know but number 2...
2. you know when a 'mon uses growl or something and those lines go up or down it to show a stat change? well on mine they go up or down the whole screen. freaky i know

i know the roms are fine, and i've never known anyone to have this same problem. i've tried no$gba but there's the fog problem with that. any suggestions?

(note: strangely the only .gba rom that hasn't done this is ruby destiny rol)

It is either corrupt ROM's or you need to edit your video settings on the emulator.
My guess would be corrupt ROM's seeing as you said that it doesn't do this on Ruby but does on Emerald and other hacks.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2014
It is either corrupt ROM's or you need to edit your video settings on the emulator.
My guess would be corrupt ROM's seeing as you said that it doesn't do this on Ruby but does on Emerald and other hacks.

hmm, it's unlikely that the many emerald roms i've tried are all corrupt.

anyway here are my video settings

Villa10

Unhatched Cowboy
Years
Of course you can! With i3 and 4GB, you can play on DeSmuME with a very good speed!
I'm surprised you did not try it yet.

Thank you, makes me feel pretty happy now! Downloading Desmume here, any particular tips?

Villa10

Unhatched Cowboy
Years
0.9.8 for playthrough, special 0.9.7 build for Wi-Fi feature if you want.

The Wi-Fi stuff, i can only play (and trade) against others Desmume players, or have a link with the DS users too? (i know this sounds dummy).

And sorry for the bad english.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Hey question here:
This is my first time trying a ROM Hack and I decided to try Pokemon Flora Sky. So I downloaded a patcher and an emerald rom.
So I think the next step is to apply the patch right??

So when I tried to do that I get this
To directly patch source file, a temporary file is being made.
Upon successful patching, the target file will be replaced with this.

Applying patch file 'C: \Users\Wolf\Desktop\Flora Sky Final Main Version.ups' ...
Reading file 'C: \Users\Wolf\Desktop\1986 - Pokemon - Emerald Version (UE)_1.gba' ...
Target file is 'C : \Users\Wolf\Desktop\1986 - Pokemon - Emerald Version (UE)_1.gba.utm' ...
Patch application will take approximately 0 minute(s), 16 second(s).
Please be patient ... UI will not be responsive during this time.

Failed! Input checksum is invalid.

HELP

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
So I have officially become confused.

I have been playing Pokemon Emerald on my phone using the MyBoy emulator and decided that I wanted to trade a few pokemon so I went on my computer, got the save file off of the phone and used No$GBA to trade a few starters into that gamefile. Now I'm trying to put the save file back onto my phone so I can play it with the new starters and all.

Here's the problem: When I put the save file back onto my phone and open up the rom it doesnn't recognize that the save file even exists. I placed it with the same file extension and file name as before in the same directory as the rom, but the rom just acts like there isn't a save file there. Is there anything I can do to fix this or can MyBoy just not recognize the save data?

Years
So I have officially become confused.

I have been playing Pokemon Emerald on my phone using the MyBoy emulator and decided that I wanted to trade a few pokemon so I went on my computer, got the save file off of the phone and used No$GBA to trade a few starters into that gamefile. Now I'm trying to put the save file back onto my phone so I can play it with the new starters and all.

Here's the problem: When I put the save file back onto my phone and open up the rom it doesnn't recognize that the save file even exists. I placed it with the same file extension and file name as before in the same directory as the rom, but the rom just acts like there isn't a save file there. Is there anything I can do to fix this or can MyBoy just not recognize the save data?

My Boy is written in a different language to NO$GBA, they both handle data differently.
My Boy also makes 3 different files (instead of 1) when running a GBA game. The main save file (.SAV), another save file and then an image.
I'm not sure what the other 2 files are for but they seem to be needed when loading the main save.
I'm not sure how to fix this but you are properly better off asking the dev of My Boy for some answers.
His email is on the Play Store.

-

Call me Dash.
Years
Any ds emulators that let you use a jailbroken apple device as a bottom touch screen and then use your monitor / keyboard as top screen and button input?

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2012
Hi all, I want to play pokemon snakewood so downloaded the IPS file, but what else do I need to play it etc?

Sorry but new tho this!

Cheers,
Steve

-

Call me Dash.
Years
Hi all, I want to play pokemon snakewood so downloaded the IPS file, but what else do I need to play it etc?

Sorry but new tho this!

Cheers,
Steve

You're going to need an IPS patcher (I use LIPS(Lunar IPS) I can't provide a link, just google it.) And a rom of the original game. Basically you run the patcher and patch the original game with the IPS. That will yield a patched rom of Pokemon Snakewood. Run the rom through an emulator to play. :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2012
You're going to need an IPS patcher (I use LIPS(Lunar IPS) I can't provide a link, just google it.) And a rom of the original game. Basically you run the patcher and patch the original game with the IPS. That will yield a patched rom of Pokemon Snakewood. Run the rom through an emulator to play. :P

Awesome cheers for that.

But at the moment i've downloaded snakewood from this site and found Lunar IPS.

So basically I need an original version of the game (which oneruby/sapphire) and then apply the snakewood to the original via the lunar IPS I take it then?

If so, can I get the original file from this site?

Thank you again :)

Years
Awesome cheers for that.

But at the moment i've downloaded snakewood from this site and found Lunar IPS.

So basically I need an original version of the game (which oneruby/sapphire) and then apply the snakewood to the original via the lunar IPS I take it then?

If so, can I get the original file from this site?

Thank you again :)

Lunar IPS is the commonly used one.

Yes, You download the version the game was created on (Which is Ruby), Load Lunar IPS, Select the IPS file, then the ROM, then you patch =]

We are not allowed to post links to ROM's (Forum rules).

Google is your friend.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2012
Lunar IPS is the commonly used one.

Yes, You download the version the game was created on (Which is Ruby), Load Lunar IPS, Select the IPS file, then the ROM, then you patch =]

We are not allowed to post links to ROM's (Forum rules).

Google is your friend.

Awesome thank you so much, i've cracked it :)

KyX

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2020
Does someone know if it's possible to make a AR code for BW2 to always get double wild battles?
I've searched a lot in google but couldn't find anything.

Back