The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 10th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Motley
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
ah, well im kind of fine with it anyways, i enjoy the games more for the storyline
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Knickstape617
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

So you don't feel bad about cheating that much?
How can you enjoy the game that way...

The locations seem to have no influence... "freezing spots" are random... can you try DeSmuME 0.9.8 on your V-box?
It definitely seems to be an issue with 9.7 because I tried 9.8 like you said and had no issue. That's good and bad for me. It's good because I can play the game but it's bad because it causes an issue with wi-fi. I was using the 9.7 build because that was the one given in the tutorial for connecting Desmume to Wi-fi via a wireless connection. I'm not sure I can do the same with 9.8. Maybe/Hopefully I am wrong.
Old November 11th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickstape617 View Post
It definitely seems to be an issue with 9.7 because I tried 9.8 like you said and had no issue. That's good and bad for me. It's good because I can play the game but it's bad because it causes an issue with wi-fi. I was using the 9.7 build because that was the one given in the tutorial for connecting Desmume to Wi-fi via a wireless connection. I'm not sure I can do the same with 9.8. Maybe/Hopefully I am wrong.
You can use 0.9.8 for playing and 0.9.7 build for Wi-Fi.
That's what I did =) You can use your save files from 0.9.8 with your 0.9.7.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old November 24th, 2012, 11:57 AM
ReTAsp
Awesome Norwegian :D

Send a message via Skype™ to ReTAsp
I don't like DeSmuME because it's slow and No$GBA is with cheats... anyone with suggestion to a fast DS one?

Forget it... tried DuoS and it was better than both.

Last edited by ReTAsp; November 24th, 2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Villa10
Unhatched Cowboy

Nature: Relaxed
Can i play it on my notebook (i3, 4GB, IntelHD Graphics)? Desmume or No$Gba?
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villa10 View Post
Can i play it on my notebook (i3, 4GB, IntelHD Graphics)? Desmume or No$Gba?
Of course you can! With i3 and 4GB, you can play on DeSmuME with a very good speed!
I'm surprised you did not try it yet.

Old November 28th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Villa10
Unhatched Cowboy

Quote:
Of course you can! With i3 and 4GB, you can play on DeSmuME with a very good speed!
I'm surprised you did not try it yet.
Thank you, makes me feel pretty happy now! Downloading Desmume here, any particular tips?
Old November 29th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Thank you, makes me feel pretty happy now! Downloading Desmume here, any particular tips?
0.9.8 for playthrough, special 0.9.7 build for Wi-Fi feature if you want.

Old November 29th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Villa10
Unhatched Cowboy

Quote:
0.9.8 for playthrough, special 0.9.7 build for Wi-Fi feature if you want.
The Wi-Fi stuff, i can only play (and trade) against others Desmume players, or have a link with the DS users too? (i know this sounds dummy).

And sorry for the bad english.
Old November 30th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
The Wi-Fi stuff, i can only play (and trade) against others Desmume players, or have a link with the DS users too? (i know this sounds dummy).

And sorry for the bad english.
Link as Infra doesn't work, but you can trade and battle with the Wi-Fi feature.

Old January 19th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Kingzamz
Unhatched Egg

Happy new year guys, really hope this forum is still active. I'm new here and looking for ome help desperately. Im running Des Emu 0.9.8 with white 2 but the 2nd rival battle at Flocessy Ranch won't activate and as a result i cannot advance in the game any insight on how i can fix this Ash493?
Old January 20th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzamz View Post
Happy new year guys, really hope this forum is still active. I'm new here and looking for ome help desperately. Im running Des Emu 0.9.8 with white 2 but the 2nd rival battle at Flocessy Ranch won't activate and as a result i cannot advance in the game any insight on how i can fix this Ash493?
There might be something wrong with ROM rather than emulator...
As I've been saying, I had no problems playing White 2 on DeSmuME 0.9.8...
Try to download another ROM that is patched.

Old January 20th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Kingzamz
Unhatched Egg

i did that with four different black 2 roms and 3 different white 2 roms and all if them gave me the exact same problem. I even went so far as trying blaze black 2
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzamz View Post
i did that with four different black 2 roms and 3 different white 2 roms and all if them gave me the exact same problem. I even went so far as trying blaze black 2
That's weird... can you re-download DeSmuME?
That's the last thing I can think of... because if it's not in ROM, it might be emulator, I guess...

Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:47 PM
ExarKun
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzamz
...I'm new here and looking for ome help desperately. Im running Des Emu 0.9.8 with white 2 but the 2nd rival battle at Flocessy Ranch won't activate and as a result i cannot advance in the game...
By chance, you are used POKESAV over your battery file?. To be used without precaution corrupt some events (the case that you mention happened to me, while it was checking the compatibility). If was the case, I am afraid that the only thing that you can do is to begin again the game.

PD: Does not exist a PokeSAV for BW2, but a few noticed, is possible use PokeSAV for BW1 over the battery file of BW2, and then "correct it" loading and saving in PokeGEN. Nevertheless, though seems work correctly, in fact, PokeSAV-BW introduces some not wanted changes that probably are not notorious immediately. Puf... the solution happens for doing a cumbersome correction... a guy known as GeminiPolux wrote a program to do, but it is only slightly amicable, though it works well (if you are an extreme fanatic of PokeSAV I can publish for you).
Old February 8th, 2013, 11:00 PM
xXblenderXx
Unhatched Egg

Ok I'm trying to run this on No$gba 2.6a and It runs perfectly i mean no lag at all whatsoever, the only problem is when i go to change my pokemon and exit the screen it stalls everytime, I'm running it with no$zoomer and all that fx5 and what not. I have tried every ar code i could find but nothing fixes it. Desmume will barely run on my computer no matter what i do to it, And you cant play pokemon laggy!! I'm losing my mind here, can you maybe help?
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXblenderXx View Post
Ok I'm trying to run this on No$gba 2.6a and It runs perfectly i mean no lag at all whatsoever, the only problem is when i go to change my pokemon and exit the screen it stalls everytime, I'm running it with no$zoomer and all that fx5 and what not. I have tried every ar code i could find but nothing fixes it. Desmume will barely run on my computer no matter what i do to it, And you cant play pokemon laggy!! I'm losing my mind here, can you maybe help?
I don't use No$GBA, it has outlived its usefulness. Best choice is Desmume 0.9.9 JIT, with Dynamic Recompiler activated it's quite a bit faster than the other builds, and faster than No$GBA.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:59 AM
OmegaPinkMan
Lonely Planet Boy

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to OmegaPinkMan
Hello, guys, I have an issue. I recently got a new computer, and I got my old Black 2 ROM and emulator, which was No$Zoomer, the latest version. It used to run perfectly until my old laptop got its hard disk drive fried. Anyway, I tried to get it back up and running. I ticked EX0 and EX5, got the code, the settings are the same way as I had them before. I start the ROM, activate the code, reset the cartridge and sit back as I watch the game begin to run.

However, a problem comes when I reach the title screen. Ya know, when it says "Press Start". I press Start, and everything seems to be alright... except that it doesn't start. After the Kyurem close-up, after which the game should begin, it goes back to its original position, and all I can do is watch Kyurem moving and my game not starting.

I tried to run it on Desmume, but it runs too slow at times, and battles take forever. Any way I can solve the problem with No$Zoomer? Because it did the same with Black, and instead of the game starting it only showed Reshiram's tail moving in the bottom screen -.-

EDIT: Problem was solved. Turns out I had "Sound Output Mode" on "None". I changed it to "Digital Mono" and now it works.

Last edited by OmegaPinkMan; April 1st, 2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old April 1st, 2013, 11:50 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fizz View Post
Hello, guys, I have an issue. I recently got a new computer, and I got my old Black 2 ROM and emulator, which was No$Zoomer, the latest version. It used to run perfectly until my old laptop got its hard disk drive fried. Anyway, I tried to get it back up and running. I ticked EX0 and EX5, got the code, the settings are the same way as I had them before. I start the ROM, activate the code, reset the cartridge and sit back as I watch the game begin to run.

However, a problem comes when I reach the title screen. Ya know, when it says "Press Start". I press Start, and everything seems to be alright... except that it doesn't start. After the Kyurem close-up, after which the game should begin, it goes back to its original position, and all I can do is watch Kyurem moving and my game not starting.

I tried to run it on Desmume, but it runs too slow at times, and battles take forever. Any way I can solve the problem with No$Zoomer? Because it did the same with Black, and instead of the game starting it only showed Reshiram's tail moving in the bottom screen -.-

EDIT: Problem was solved. Turns out I had "Sound Output Mode" on "None". I changed it to "Digital Mono" and now it works.
I do hope you won't be forced to end your gameplay soon
As No$ is no longer capable of working with newer ROMs even if it works... it soon glitches somehow...

Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:22 PM
BlackSwallowtail
Unhatched Egg

Hi! New here. So...here's the thing. I'm playing White 2 with DeSmuMe on mac. Everything's great, really. The only thing is I do actually want to catch all 649 pokemon. I've currently got over three-hundred and there are still several left I can get in game.

However, what do I do about those I can't catch in game? It doesn't seem possible to trade for them. I noticed someone mentioned a narc card? What is that, and how would I go about getting it?

If it's not doable, I can just hack in all the pokemon I need at their lowest evolutionary level, but I'd really like to get them legit if I can. I take that pretty seriously - I tend to have multiples of pokemon for each evolutionary stage (except I never keep a baby pokemon as a baby), and their different formes, if any.

Much as I love the battling, I also really love the collecting aspect of these games, and I find it a bit sad that 0nce I've finished trading with Curtis and subsequently trained my pokemon to their highest evolutionary stage, I'm pretty much sunk.

So this post is long enough already, but any suggestions are welcome.
Old April 4th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSwallowtail View Post
Hi! New here. So...here's the thing. I'm playing White 2 with DeSmuMe on mac. Everything's great, really. The only thing is I do actually want to catch all 649 pokemon. I've currently got over three-hundred and there are still several left I can get in game.

However, what do I do about those I can't catch in game? It doesn't seem possible to trade for them. I noticed someone mentioned a narc card? What is that, and how would I go about getting it?

If it's not doable, I can just hack in all the pokemon I need at their lowest evolutionary level, but I'd really like to get them legit if I can. I take that pretty seriously - I tend to have multiples of pokemon for each evolutionary stage (except I never keep a baby pokemon as a baby), and their different formes, if any.

Much as I love the battling, I also really love the collecting aspect of these games, and I find it a bit sad that 0nce I've finished trading with Curtis and subsequently trained my pokemon to their highest evolutionary stage, I'm pretty much sunk.

So this post is long enough already, but any suggestions are welcome.
DeSmuME does allow you to trade.
At least through GTS.
But you need a special build version. You can find tutorials on YouTube, happy trading

Old April 8th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Destiny123
Beginner

I have a question which idk where to put my request so I place it here.
I recently recolored a texture and I need to know how to put it on my
Black 2 Rom.
Old April 29th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Tea_with_Kyary
Kabocha Hime

Nature: Jolly
uumm....im new to forums, and emulation gaming...well, beyond the basics...i do know some basic things...any way...please put up with my inexperience here. im hoping im posting this in the right place...
anyway, my question is this....

is there any way to trade pokemon from my Pokemon white 2 (play it on my 3DS) to and from an emulator such as desmume??

im sorry if this is an old question thats asked alot, but i did do a search in the forums...didnt really find anything specific to my question.

0347-8652-2573
Thats'a my'a friend code :D White 2
Old April 30th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea_with_Kyary View Post
uumm....im new to forums, and emulation gaming...well, beyond the basics...i do know some basic things...any way...please put up with my inexperience here. im hoping im posting this in the right place...
anyway, my question is this....

is there any way to trade pokemon from my Pokemon white 2 (play it on my 3DS) to and from an emulator such as desmume??

im sorry if this is an old question thats asked alot, but i did do a search in the forums...didnt really find anything specific to my question.
Well... you can use special build of DeSmuME to have wi-fi features which includes GTS possibility so yes, it's pretty much possible to trade...
I don't know whether emulator Pokémon are taken as legit, though...

Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:41 PM
Tea_with_Kyary
Kabocha Hime

Nature: Jolly
hm, im not sure either. i just know some basic stuff about emulation. the version i have does have wi-fi...guess ill have to get far enough to where i can try trading. only with myself, though, lol

0347-8652-2573
Thats'a my'a friend code :D White 2
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here