• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
I having a question hope someone will answer me. :)

I want to add some Tileset palletes for Advance Map, has a method to add it? If have can eveyone give me the tutorial link?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, Thanks. :)

Last edited:

KyX

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2020
In Fire red where is the Tall Grass tileset?

I cannot find it in any map/tileset.
IN R/S/E there are 2 type of grass.. normal grass, and Tall grass.

Using NSE with Fire red i can see the image of the second type of grass, but in advance map can't find it.

Here is an example of the grass i'm refering to (from Emerald):
hxxp://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5958/grassm.jpg

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Hey does anyone know where I can find a classic misty trainer sprite/OWs for gen 3? When I mean classic I mean the same cloths/hair colour as she has in the show. Please let me know where I can find this, I am terrible at making sprites :(

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hey does anyone know where I can find a classic misty trainer sprite/OWs for gen 3? When I mean classic I mean the same cloths/hair colour as she has in the show. Please let me know where I can find this, I am terrible at making sprites :(

Me too, but I found this awesome site for shrinking things. At first I thought it would be really bad, but it actually works well. I shrunk the Bulbapedia picture of Misty with it.

However, I haven't had 15 posts yet, so PM me and I can get it to you.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
What is the palette offset for the palette the player uses in FR/LG?

The palette can be found at 0x35B968, but be careful when changing it as it is shared by both player genders. If you do want to have different palettes for the boy and girl then you can repoint the pointer at either 0x3A5198 (Boy) or 0x3A51C0 (Girl) to some empty space and create a new palette. If you're using JPAN's engine then the male/ female pointers have been changed to 0x1A2440 and 0x1A2468 respectively.

In Fire red where is the Tall Grass tileset?

I cannot find it in any map/tileset.
IN R/S/E there are 2 type of grass.. normal grass, and Tall grass.

Using NSE with Fire red i can see the image of the second type of grass, but in advance map can't find it.

Here is an example of the grass i'm refering to (from Emerald):
hxxp://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5958/grassm.jpg

The tall grass isn't used anywhere in FR so there are no tilesets that use it and the actual tile behaviour that calls the animation is broken. Luckily, knizz found out how to reactivate it in this thread so it is definitely what you're searching for.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
The palette can be found at 0x35B968, but be careful when changing it as it is shared by both player genders. If you do want to have different palettes for the boy and girl then you can repoint the pointer at either 0x3A5198 (Boy) or 0x3A51C0 (Girl) to some empty space and create a new palette. If you're using JPAN's engine then the male/ female pointers have been changed to 0x1A2440 and 0x1A2468 respectively.
Thanks! I was changing a palette for a new OW sprite and when I imported it I happened to realise it was the palette for the player OWs :/
Are there any unused OW palettes I could screw around with?

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Thanks! I was changing a palette for a new OW sprite and when I imported it I happened to realise it was the palette for the player OWs :/
Are there any unused OW palettes I could screw around with?

No, all are used at one point, but some are barely used (Most of the ones after 0xA are hardly touched. Take a look with NSE).

If you're using Fire Red, you can create more Palettes using JPAN's hacked engine.

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
I got this error on advance map saying ERROR: (Eaccessviolation) Access violation. Not sure how to fix this.Help appreciated :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I made all my overworlds for this character (Replacing misty) and when I get her to walk, she stays in one position. She only stays in the 1st frame while she moves and looks around so it looks extremely bad. Anyone know why this is happening? I have all the frames finished (except for the last 2) but I should still see the other frames when she is moving around.

Hey I know I just asked a question but I have been doing a lot of ROM hacking latelly and I really need help for this one.

For most tutorials I need to have JPANS firered hack engine applied to my ROM, but I don't know how to do that. Pretty much what i'm asking is, how do I apply "Hacked Fire Red Engine V 1.1.ips" to my ROM? When I double click on it, it says what program would I like to open it with, what do I do at this point? I know this might be a stupid question but I feel like the instructions were not clear enough, that's why I am having trouble applying the engine to my ROM.

Last edited:

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
I made all my overworlds for this character (Replacing misty) and when I get her to walk, she stays in one position. She only stays in the 1st frame while she moves and looks around so it looks extremely bad. Anyone know why this is happening? I have all the frames finished (except for the last 2) but I should still see the other frames when she is moving around.
Make sure the frames have different offsets. Misty, I believe, has frames that are all the same (I might be wrong, but I believe most of them are the same thing). You need to change the offsets in a hex editor to "delink" the frames so that each one can be different.

Hey I know I just asked a question but I have been doing a lot of ROM hacking latelly and I really need help for this one.

For most tutorials I need to have JPANS firered hack engine applied to my ROM, but I don't know how to do that. Pretty much what i'm asking is, how do I apply "Hacked Fire Red Engine V 1.1.ips" to my ROM? When I double click on it, it says what program would I like to open it with, what do I do at this point? I know this might be a stupid question but I feel like the instructions were not clear enough, that's why I am having trouble applying the engine to my ROM.
You need to download either A-Patch from HackMew, or the one I use still is LIPS (which comes with Elite Map and such, you can get it from WAH). Then you open the programs and it'll ask you what IPS you want to use, and then what ROM to patch it to (or the other way around...it tells you when you use it).

Answers are in bold! Hopefully I helped.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Can anyone tell me how to edit LZ77 Palletes correctly? Like for the battle backgrounds...

I really need help on getting the right values for it to match the image real colors... :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
I'm trying to install JPAN's engine to add more OW palettes but when it gets to the variables for Dynamic OWs promptbox it can never progress when I put in a free variable. Am I missing something?

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
If anyone can help me get around the error that YAPE gives me when I get to my 16th pokemon please message me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
It helps if you post what the error is that you're getting :P
errorinyape.png

I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do to get around this without starting over from scratch. :(

The entire error message details are as follows:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at YAPE.MainForm.AddEvolutionsToTree(Int32 pkmn, TreeNode node, List`1 history)
at YAPE.MainForm.BuildEvolutionTree()
at YAPE.MainForm.LoadEvolutions(Int32 index)
at YAPE.MainForm.LoadPokemonData(Int32 index)
at YAPE.MainForm.ChangeSelectedPkmn(Int32 index)
at YAPE.MainForm.PkmnSelectVal_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4984 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
YAPE
Assembly Version: 0.9.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.9.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/YAPE%200.9/YAPE.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4977 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4984 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4980 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
NumericTextBox
Assembly Version: 1.0.3031.39676
Win32 Version: 1.0.3031.39676
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/YAPE%200.9/NumericTextBox.DLL
MappedComboBox
Assembly Version: 1.0.3031.39633
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/YAPE%200.9/MappedComboBox.DLL
ComboListBox
Assembly Version: 1.0.3031.39599
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/YAPE%200.9/ComboListBox.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited:

KyX

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2020
It is possible to change the Fire red Battle Hud? I mean the PkMn Name/Level/HP/Exp bar.

EDIT: I managed to change the background piece of the battle hud.. But i can't find the image of the HP/EXP Bars and Name in UNLZ, i tried also NLZ and i found some, but they are not those in the battle screen, but pokemon info/menu.

Thats the result: hxxp://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9416/testot.png

A bit messy because of the name/HP not being trasparent...

if someone know the offset of those bars please tell me!

I'm trying to install JPAN's engine to add more OW palettes but when it gets to the variables for Dynamic OWs promptbox it can never progress when I put in a free variable. Am I missing something?

Use the 0xXXXX format, like 0x6000, it worked for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back