• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2013
First off, wanted to say that I absolutely love this hack as well as Shining Opal; you really put a lot of effort into both and I applaud you. Secondly, I want to know if I'm the only one having problems with Sprout Tower. Whenever a wild pokemon or trainer battle is triggered, the game freezes and I can't continue. I have not been able to make it past the second floor, so I don't know if the problem persists for the rest of the tower. I'm using My Boy! Free for Android. I'm hoping someone can find a fix for this; if not, I can always transfer my save to my computer and continue using VBA, because it seems no one else had raised this issue. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
First off, wanted to say that I absolutely love this hack as well as Shining Opal; you really put a lot of effort into both and I applaud you. Secondly, I want to know if I'm the only one having problems with Sprout Tower. Whenever a wild pokemon or trainer battle is triggered, the game freezes and I can't continue. I have not been able to make it past the second floor, so I don't know if the problem persists for the rest of the tower. I'm using My Boy! Free for Android. I'm hoping someone can find a fix for this; if not, I can always transfer my save to my computer and continue using VBA, because it seems no one else had raised this issue. Thanks in advance!
Ack, my bad. I managed to break the indoor battle tileset with one of my recent updates; today's update fixes that issue.

Also in today's update: more music from tonti (and the proper credits for him in the music section)! This time, it's Eusine's and Clair's themes. Even if this doesn't matter to you, you should still update as the bug reported by eragon_1121 is fixed in this version.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015

no wonder i couldn't progress. thanks for posting. :)

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2013
Ack, my bad. I managed to break the indoor battle tileset with one of my recent updates; today's update fixes that issue.

Also in today's update: more music from tonti (and the proper credits for him in the music section)! This time, it's Eusine's and Clair's themes. Even if this doesn't matter to you, you should still update as the bug reported by eragon_1121 is fixed in this version.

Works perfectly now, thanks! I also wanted to mention that when I battled Falkner, the background was a bunch of red, black, and white lines that looked really weird. However, I was able to finish the battle just fine, so it's nothing gamebreaking. Also, this was on the previous version and not the latest update, so I don't know if it's been fixed already.

By the way, the music is fantastic. Best of luck and keep up the great work!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Any chance that you'll ever fix the hardware saving issue? I understand that JPAN was the one that made the variable-RAM-repointing patch, and that he only re-released a non-glitched version for FireRed. But considering the ASM hacks you've made, I'm just wondering if you can look into it. It won't even save properly on the homebrew Wii emulator for GBA (VisualBoyAdvance Gx).

I would really like to play this hack, and there are very few hacks that I bother playing on hardware. Consider that as a compliment, because it means through just the screenshots I can see the amount of effort you've put in. Basically, if it looks crappy, I won't bother playing it, or I'll play it on an emulator at 1000% speed just for fun. But if it looks like a decent quality hack, I'm definitely putting it on my flashcart and playing through it thoroughly.

(Also would you like for me to sprite a Johto tree for you? I've brought up the point in the past that in G/S/C, Johto and Kanto had separate trees, but in your hack you're just using FR/LG trees, but you said you would change it if someone made a new tree, and of course you'll use the standard FR/LG tree for Kanto)

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
Works perfectly now, thanks! I also wanted to mention that when I battled Falkner, the background was a bunch of red, black, and white lines that looked really weird. However, I was able to finish the battle just fine, so it's nothing gamebreaking. Also, this was on the previous version and not the latest update, so I don't know if it's been fixed already.

By the way, the music is fantastic. Best of luck and keep up the great work!
Argh, not again. This time I found out that I screwed up the gym leader battle palette. Today's patch fixes that as well as adds new Jasmine overworld sprites by Retribution.
Any chance that you'll ever fix the hardware saving issue? I understand that JPAN was the one that made the variable-RAM-repointing patch, and that he only re-released a non-glitched version for FireRed. But considering the ASM hacks you've made, I'm just wondering if you can look into it. It won't even save properly on the homebrew Wii emulator for GBA (VisualBoyAdvance Gx).

I would really like to play this hack, and there are very few hacks that I bother playing on hardware. Consider that as a compliment, because it means through just the screenshots I can see the amount of effort you've put in. Basically, if it looks crappy, I won't bother playing it, or I'll play it on an emulator at 1000% speed just for fun. But if it looks like a decent quality hack, I'm definitely putting it on my flashcart and playing through it thoroughly.

(Also would you like for me to sprite a Johto tree for you? I've brought up the point in the past that in G/S/C, Johto and Kanto had separate trees, but in your hack you're just using FR/LG trees, but you said you would change it if someone made a new tree, and of course you'll use the standard FR/LG tree for Kanto)
I hope to fix it soon, but the issue wi that is the way that JPAN had to rewrite it. Basically, he looked at every save block to find out where the free space was... Obviously, this will be different seeing as it's Emerald and not FireRed. I think I'm going to try to tackle this issue soon, though.

Look out for more music in a new update coming soon!

ℨᶾanana

✪ Dragons Lead ✪
Years
Cool Hack .. I love your Tiles.. I need To learn how to make the cool Hack like you...and right now i'm gonna play this Hack.. ^^ Wooohoo!!

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2013
Argh, not again. This time I found out that I screwed up the gym leader battle palette. Today's patch fixes that as well as adds new Jasmine overworld sprites by Retribution.

Really appreciate the fast updates. Unfortunately, I've noticed a few other problems. The pokedex doesn't register the pokemon I catch, so my starter is the only pokemon that my pokedex says I own. Also, the pokegear doesn't register any trainers, except for Youngster Joey, even though the dialogue it triggered, so the only people whose phone numbers I have are Mom, Professor Elm, and Joey. Hoping you can find a fix for these, thanks.

Last edited:

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Really appreciate the fast updates. Unfortunately, I've noticed a few other problems. The pokedex doesn't register the pokemon I catch, so my starter is the only pokemon that my pokedex says I own. Also, the pokegear doesn't register any trainers, except for Youngster Joey, even though the dialogue it triggered, so the only people whose phone numbers I have are Mom, Professor Elm, and Joey. Hoping you can find a fix for these, thanks.

Actually it does.
You have to leave the route, then go talk to the . One example is Fisherman Ralph (He is south from Violet City)
I talked to him after the battle. Nothing. I went to heal up, talked to him again, he asked to register me. I said yes and now he tells me when rare Pokemon are available to encounter in the water. :)

Sierraffinity

Years
How far into the game does this go?
I would like to thoroughly play an actual DECENT Crystal Remake.

The current Beta 2 covers all the events of Johto and the Kanto Elite Four battles. I am sure he will add Kanto session in new beta 3
This is true, Beta 2 finishes right after the first credits (after the Champion).
Cool Hack .. I love your Tiles.. I need To learn how to make the cool Hack like you...and right now i'm gonna play this Hack.. ^^ Wooohoo!!
My tiles? Haha, most of them are FireRed tiles. The custom ones, however, you can thank Pokémon Palladium Project for.
The first one, I'm not having. Pokémon register fine for me. The Pokégear not registering any trainers is because I haven't programmed them in yet due to a lack of knowledge about how they work.
Actually it does.
You have to leave the route, then go talk to the . One example is Fisherman Ralph (He is south from Violet City)
I talked to him after the battle. Nothing. I went to heal up, talked to him again, he asked to register me. I said yes and now he tells me when rare Pokemon are available to encounter in the water. :)
...No, this doesn't work. Like I said, I haven't programmed the trainers in. So he can't call you for any rare Pokémon in the water...
So this means that registering feature of Gen 2 is still available in this hack. Cool

Nope, sorry, not yet.

Sierraffinity

Years
I have found some more trainers who can be registered and also my pokegear was flashing once and idk why lmao.
I hope you find a way to make all trainers to be able to reg you bc i need the evolution stones xD
Let me just make it clear that any and all trainers you can register the phone number of have not been programmed into the game by me and thus will not work properly. None of them will call to rematch (I think) and none of them will do their special event.

Years
Let me just make it clear that any and all trainers you can register the phone number of have not been programmed into the game by me and thus will not work properly. None of them will call to rematch (I think) and none of them will do their special event.
So will you at least put that feature in beta 3 or not? Please do as some of them are very important NPCs you know;)

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
By the way, if this isn't too much of a bother, can you please, for fun, add in a Battle Frontier-ish place with the original Emerald Frontier Brains and Frontier Brains Theme (It's my 2nd favourite theme in all of Emerald)? And maybe get a passport or something from the old man on the SS Aqua (I think it was) after finding his granddaughter?

Years
Yeah none of them ever call for a rematch or event some times the rematch icon my appear near a trainers name but nothing happens if you try to battle them again.
The only calls you get so far are the 4 from elm (stolen pokemon,egg,team rocket and master ball) and 1 from mom if you dont take the running shoes.

Anyway i tried one of your latest patches and liked the bug fixes and the changes like the new music and the ability to use the bike in gatehouses thank you for that.

In my playthrough however i found 2 new bugs:

1. Weird letter in the Dialogue with 1 of the WISE TRIO Members who dont let you to go to the Tin Tower after you get the Badge from the Ecruteaks Gym
Sorry i dont have a pic because theres no option to take a screenshot with My Boy! Emu
2. This is a weird one, something is wrong with the Pokedex my starter wasnt registered and some pokemon that i saw wasnt either, when my cyndaquil evolved the quilava was registered and the pokemon from the odd egg was registeted too.
I was near in the end of the game and my pokedex only had like 10 pokemon registered as seen and 2 as catched...
And the pokemon data always changes after a while other pokemon get registeted as seen and other just dissapear idk what could be wrong all my emu settings are fine so i think something is wrong with the hack i never had this kind of bug with the older versions

And the Sunday bug is back again even on My Boy! emu, Its again Wednesday instead of Sunday and some of the npcs who give you items on different days of the week dont appear idk whats wrong with the Android Emus :(

Edit: Heres the dialogue with the weird letter:
We, the WISE TRIO, are the protectors of the legendery POKeMON.

Btw @mikethepokemaster i didnt got the bug you was talking about it must have been caused by cheats like Diego said n you could try VBA-M its better

Edit 2: The Pokedex bug appears on Gameboid aswell can anyone check if this happens with VBA-M

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
So will you at least put that feature in beta 3 or not? Please do as some of them are very important NPCs you know;)
I hope I can, but don't take that as confirmation.
By the way, if this isn't too much of a bother, can you please, for fun, add in a Battle Frontier-ish place with the original Emerald Frontier Brains and Frontier Brains Theme (It's my 2nd favourite theme in all of Emerald)? And maybe get a passport or something from the old man on the SS Aqua (I think it was) after finding his granddaughter?
That's the plan, once the rest of the game is done. Although since the Battle Tower is right off of Olivine, I don't think a passport would be needed.
Yeah none of them ever call for a rematch or event some times the rematch icon my appear near a trainers name but nothing happens if you try to battle them again.
The only calls you get so far are the 4 from elm (stolen pokemon,egg,team rocket and master ball) and 1 from mom if you dont take the running shoes.

Anyway i tried one of your latest patches and liked the bug fixes and the changes like the new music and the ability to use the bike in gatehouses thank you for that.

In my playthrough however i found 2 new bugs:

1. Weird letter in the Dialogue with 1 of the WISE TRIO Members who dont let you to go to the Tin Tower after you get the Badge from the Ecruteaks Gym
Sorry i dont have a pic because theres no option to take a screenshot with My Boy! Emu
2. This is a weird one, something is wrong with the Pokedex my starter wasnt registered and some pokemon that i saw wasnt either, when my cyndaquil evolved the quilava was registered and the pokemon from the odd egg was registeted too.
I was near in the end of the game and my pokedex only had like 10 pokemon registered as seen and 2 as catched...
And the pokemon data always changes after a while other pokemon get registeted as seen and other just dissapear idk what could be wrong all my emu settings are fine so i think something is wrong with the hack i never had this kind of bug with the older versions

And the Sunday bug is back again even on My Boy! emu, Its again Wednesday instead of Sunday and some of the npcs who give you items on different days of the week dont appear idk whats wrong with the Android Emus :(

Edit: Heres the dialogue with the weird letter:
We, the WISE TRIO, are the protectors of the legendery POKeMON.

Btw @mikethepokemaster i didnt got the bug you was talking about it must have been caused by cheats like Diego said n you could try VBA-M its better

Edit 2: The Pokedex bug appears on Gameboid aswell can anyone check if this happens with VBA-M
Wow, my bad. The patch from a short time ago that enabled sprites to be seen from other maps screwed up the Pokédex... That has now been fixed and uploaded, as well as the small text bug with the Sages.

Also new in this update: inescapable Pokémon, new music (and Silver sprite) from tonti, and new Falkner overworld sprite from Retribution!
And now more in-depth:
Pokémon that were inescapable in Crystal (such as Suicune or the Pokémon in the Rocket Hideout) are now inescapable in CrystalDust!
New music from tonti includes the two Bug-Catching Contest themes and a new Goldenrod City theme! The Silver battle sprite has also been updated by him.
A new and not-crap Falkner overworld sprite, made by Retribution, makes its debut!

Please share your opinions on all the new things in the thread!
(Don't worry, Android testing coming soon)

Back