The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I have a feeling those Dive patches in Seanport City are somehow connected to it. Did you notice them off of the port? I turned on walking flags on the rocks in 409 to look around there and got a better view of them:

My theory is that Route 409 and Seanport City had another connection here in addition to the one down below. I figure there were rocks higher up preventing passage outside of Route 409, but allowing access to Imatari Islands as normal (the rocks eventually meeting where they go horizontalish in 409 with where Seanport's go up, still exiting in the north as seen now).

My guess is that one of those Dive patches leads to Lake Myang. I am going to test this theory after I get and can use Dive; if it's still there, it might be worth somehow readding it. (This could also be a great place to hide a sanctuary where all of the Water starters can be found. I've been suggesting to Ash to have this put in the game since we can't trade for the others like in the official games. This could be a post-E4 thing with something in the way until you defeat the Zhery E4. I am thinking of places for Grass and Fire starters.)

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Last edited by Cyclone; November 27th, 2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:42 PM
bambam112686

i would lie to do the same test, i have been wondering about that patch by the beach. But how can i use the "walk through walls" cheat if im running the VBAGX on a wii?

since i have AdvanceMap and Dive, if i go in and flag the rocks or remove them will it void my save file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I have a feeling those Dive patches in Seanport City are somehow connected to it. Did you notice them off of the port? I turned on walking flags on the rocks in 409 to look around there and got a better view of them:

My theory is that Route 409 and Seanport City had another connection here in addition to the one down below. I figure there were rocks higher up preventing passage outside of Route 409, but allowing access to Imatari Islands as normal (the rocks eventually meeting where they go horizontalish in 409 with where Seanport's go up, still exiting in the north as seen now).

My guess is that one of those Dive patches leads to Lake Myang. I am going to test this theory after I get and can use Dive; if it's still there, it might be worth somehow readding it. (This could also be a great place to hide a sanctuary where all of the Water starters can be found. I've been suggesting to Ash to have this put in the game since we can't trade for the others like in the official games. This could be a post-E4 thing with something in the way until you defeat the Zhery E4. I am thinking of places for Grass and Fire starters.)

Cyclone
@Cyclone .......... here is my save file......... saved in Snowce City, you must go past the city to the house and get the dive HM, just go north and you will see it. This is my secondary save file.......... i have a level 50 something Lapras in the party so you shouldnt have any troubles teaching the HM, also Charizard knows Fly, as well as Dragonite.
Attached Files
File Type: sav Pokemon - Light Platinum (U) Auto.sav‎ (128.0 KB, 12 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by DrFuji; November 27th, 2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:45 PM
dudebot
Glowing Yellow

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to dudebot
Yo, dudebot here.

Nice game and nice story. Very similar to some of the stories of the actual Pokemon series. Simple, to the point. Former characters are a nice touch and World Championship is genius.

Now let me cut to the chase. I've got this Orange Pass from Lance after beating him in this cave. However, I have no idea how to get to Orange Island. Like, at all. So, you know, if anyone can be of any help, dudebot would greatly appreciate it.

[Also, as a side note, I had the same problem with the Dive glitch. I came up on the outside of the barricade and had to fly to the nearest town and start over again. Nothing to bad, just might inconvenient. Also, on the topic of inconvenient, I can't fly to four cities in the Lauren league. Mad weird, yo.]

EDIT: Never mind. It would be in the one town with a plane.

Last edited by dudebot; November 27th, 2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam112686 View Post
@Cyclone .......... here is my save file......... saved in Snowce City, you must go past the city to the house and get the dive HM, just go north and you will see it. This is my secondary save file.......... i have a level 50 something Lapras in the party so you shouldnt have any troubles teaching the HM, also Charizard knows Fly, as well as Dragonite.
I was hoping you'd reply by PM, but this works too. It saves waiting for me to get there first to experiment. I just have to remember to back up my save file itself and the first save state in case I accidentally screw up and overwrite my save state.

EDIT: I realize now why you did it this way: to add the attachment. I believe it's not possible to do that via PM, so consider the file picked up. I'll post anew once I have some research (if no new posts, I'll delete this and edit). Since Dive isn't picked up yet, now I know I have to back up the first (and maybe second) save states with my save file, or I might end up losing my game where I left off. Hopefully I don't run into too many storyline spoilers here (though I really don't mind). I'll start researching in the morning as it's late here now and I know I'll screw up now otherwise.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Last edited by Cyclone; November 27th, 2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Add.
Old November 27th, 2012, 11:23 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudebot View Post
Yo, dudebot here.

Nice game and nice story. Very similar to some of the stories of the actual Pokemon series. Simple, to the point. Former characters are a nice touch and World Championship is genius.

Now let me cut to the chase. I've got this Orange Pass from Lance after beating him in this cave. However, I have no idea how to get to Orange Island. Like, at all. So, you know, if anyone can be of any help, dudebot would greatly appreciate it.

[Also, as a side note, I had the same problem with the Dive glitch. I came up on the outside of the barricade and had to fly to the nearest town and start over again. Nothing to bad, just might inconvenient. Also, on the topic of inconvenient, I can't fly to four cities in the Lauren league. Mad weird, yo.]

EDIT: Never mind. It would be in the one town with a plane.
You also need a pass to travel to orange Islands after you take care of Lance
Old November 28th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Chelseaplaya
Unhatched Egg

My Light Platinum ROM finally worked. =) I patched the IPS file to my Ruby and it didn't work,but then patched it to the Light Platinum file I had before that didn't work and now the file works. I ruined my Ruby ROM though.

I hope this hack is completed. Is there any way around the portugeuse?

Last edited by Chelseaplaya; November 28th, 2012 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 28th, 2012, 02:32 AM
ℨᶾanana
✪ Dragons Lead ✪

Nature: Quiet
lol Just Download the Full Version ... or Downoad The Full ROM -.-

Blub lub!
FakeSprites will OpenCommision! Check at DA
Old November 28th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Chelseaplaya
Unhatched Egg

I used the IPS on the first page.
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

There's an English IPS on the first page.

Also, just started my test, but noticed this file doesn't have Drakebreath Gym defeated yet (in fact the city still has to be visited). I get the feeling I'll be forced to do that before I can complete my test.

EDIT: And now I've temporarily abandoned the test. However, I've taken the opportunity to finish my Imatari Islands map; technically, I would have made it one of my first stops after finishing the Serenity Gym, so this saves me a trip since I don't believe there are any items here. However, I do note the following screenshot:

Now, take a look at the map bordered as in AdvanceMap:

Spoiler:

The thing I want to point out is the top of the area. Look at the screenshot. Notice all the rocks up top? These are outside the map border, and I'm sure you can place (without help) exactly where on the spoilered map I was sitting when I took that screenshot. There is a second map up here that is reached somehow. I haven't been to this map yet, and haven't even fixed the water and rock areas (which I can do without visiting the map), so here is the pure raw data:

Spoiler:

Notice the Dive patch? Also, where I'm sitting is what appears to be the "entrance" to that area from the south, but it's in fact blocked by rocks! Also of note is the wild Pokémon data here; Rufflet and Tentacool which accommodate 90% of the Pokémon to the south completely disappear and the only things found are Wailmer and Carvanha (the latter being 90%), but you can fish in the northern segment for Corphish and Krabby provided you have a Super Rod.

I'm going to run a second test to figure out where this comes from because the warp isn't evident in AdvanceMap for diving. If this area IS in fact inaccessible, I'll look for a matching map and see if we can create the connection. With that said, I might still need Drakebreath to be able to use Dive in any case, so if that's true someone please confirm and I'll use the Lv.50ish Pokés here to bum-rush that Gym (and the Steam HQ, guess I am getting some storyline in here) in a hurry so I can run both tests. Until I run the test, my copy of the ROM will maintain a mirage rock on Route 409 (though I did cut two save states and my actual save with the ROM to a backup folder, so in case I forget something I can just replace this in the AM folder).

I am also noticing why I take so long to play. I am working on leveling up a lot of Pokémon in order to provide effective walkthrough strategies. As a result, I am taking a long time just doing that whereas others use overleveled Pokémon. This save is at 15 hours, many hours faster than I've been and it's done seven badges. However, this player has not yet evolved Riolu, while I have a Lucario at the same level that I plan to get a little higher to become my Fighting component.

Did I mention there's a spot somewhere to dive underwater seeking Kyogre? I've already stumbled upon this map in AdvanceMap some time ago, but don't know the connection and presume it's in Lauren region. (UPDATED BELOW)

Cyclone

Last edited by Cyclone; November 28th, 2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Adds.
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Chelseaplaya
Unhatched Egg

Sorry I was reading the first text when I posted. When they asked me those questions it was both English and Portuguese,but I see therafter its just English.
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Decided to play on from this save file just in case Diving was unlocked by the final Gym. Determined it unlocks the Waterfall ability. Not bad for intentionally doing a complete crapshoot. Is Giratina supposed to be so easy to catch, however? It took one Ultra Ball!

So...since I now know that Dive isn't working in those patches at the east end of Seanport City, I can conduct my second test at the Imatari Islands. It also gives me an opportunity to do something there to put all Water starters in the wild. What were these rumours of Lake Myang? There might be one after all, but I still haven't confirmed it.

Also, might have to do my full mapping of Victory Road now. I always wanted to get the mapping out of the way before the playing and guide writing; this is a perfect opportunity to do so.

EDIT: Experiment 2 completed. While the first test didn't result in any of three Dive spots being usable (as expected), I did make my way to the northern Imatari Islands by turning another pair of rocks into mirages and made my way to the Dive spot there. Upon submerging, I found myself in a map that I seem to recall led to Kyogre. Of course, it's not there yet (even with eight badges obtained). Must be a post-E4 thing, so I guess the rocks vanish at the same time or some event in Lauren is triggered first (and the rocks then destroyed). Or something. I'm contemplating somehow adding Lake Myang; how remains to be seen.

Cyclone

Last edited by Cyclone; November 28th, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old November 28th, 2012, 05:33 PM
ElfinHilon10

Anyone know the gameshark code to make Chimchar appear? Could you message it to me? I've been looking for the past 3 hours but I can't find it. Hopefully will get a reply soon! Thanks!

That being said, where in the hell is the move tutor???

Last edited by ElfinHilon10; November 28th, 2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:23 PM
bambam112686

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
Anyone know the gameshark code to make Chimchar appear? Could you message it to me? I've been looking for the past 3 hours but I can't find it. Hopefully will get a reply soon! Thanks!
you get Chimchar through the "gift" pokemon........... i believe it is right before the 7th badge in Zhery League.
Old November 28th, 2012, 07:57 PM
DVK
Hack based-God

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DVK
Quote:
Talk to Professor Rowan in Snowce city(one of the houses) choose chimchar from him and voila.

Old November 28th, 2012, 08:27 PM
ElfinHilon10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVK View Post
Talk to Professor Rowan in Snowce city(one of the houses) choose chimchar from him and voila.
Yeah I figured that out, but I didn't want to wait until the 7th gym. I just used a walk through walls gameshark code to get there. Thanks for the help.

With that being done, do you know where the move tutor is? Or rather the move relearner. I caught a Jynx, but I need to reteach it confusion.
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Villa10
Unhatched Cowboy

Nature: Relaxed
There is some 'hard' version of this ROM? It is too easy! And if Wesley see this topic, parabéns brother mandou bem demais!
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Too easy? I thought Route 401 was hard. Gets easier after the shock of four-Pokémon Trainers against one starter (and remembering to pick up Elekid).

Cyclone

Old November 28th, 2012, 10:48 PM
DVK
Hack based-God

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DVK
Quote:
Yeah I figured that out, but I didn't want to wait until the 7th gym. I just used a walk through walls gameshark code to get there. Thanks for the help.

With that being done, do you know where the move tutor is? Or rather the move relearner. I caught a Jynx, but I need to reteach it confusion.
Unfortunately there isn't D:

99% sure wesley didn't put one in D:

Old November 28th, 2012, 11:39 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villa10 View Post
There is some 'hard' version of this ROM? It is too easy! And if Wesley see this topic, parabéns brother mandou bem demais!
SonicBlazePlatinum is doing a LightPlatinumX version for it. Hopefully it will released soon
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
SonicBlazePlatinum is doing a LightPlatinumX version for it. Hopefully it will released soon
That's not good since I'm working at removing incorrect walking flags and such from my copy, which will later be sent to another party to make more fixes and script changes/additions. Plus I'm thinking of adding starters you didn't choose in new areas.

Cyclone

Old November 29th, 2012, 12:02 AM
bambam112686

Quote:
That's not good since I'm working at removing incorrect walking flags and such from my copy, which will later be sent to another party to make more fixes and script changes/additions. Plus I'm thinking of adding starters you didn't choose in new areas.

Cyclone
yea the grammar is ok but there are alot of annoying little inconveniences. there is one spot in Flamerny Town in Lauren and when you save your game in the town a guy appears in front of Mt. Vulcan. This glitch will stop your progress permanently, so DO NOT SAVE IN FLAMERNY TOWN! i had to load the rom into advancemap and remove the guy from in front of the entrance to mt vulcan before i could proceed, after running around for 45 minutes thinking i missed something. Also at any time while in Lauren, you can go pick a different starter from prof. ellie and re battle you rivals in that region, you can also rebattle the t. steam leader in the sky tower.......... do not know how many times you can re battle but ive done it 3 times so far and i have all 3 starters that she offers. i have also fought prof. ellie 8 times in flamerny town, after discovering the game ending "guy" glitch. this is a good game but with some tweaking it has the potential to be an amazing game.

where is the rock slide tm?

Last edited by bambam112686; November 29th, 2012 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 29th, 2012, 03:59 AM
pokefan7876
Unhatched Egg

where in the game can i find beldum,bagon,gible,magnemite,druddigon???
btw my emboar evolved into a scoilpde lol!!!!
Old November 29th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
@Cyclone: There's simply no Lake Myang, it needs to be added if we want to end those rumours.
@Pokefan: You are using the wrong ROM, in the updated one, evolving into Scolipede does not happen.

AND WHY IN THE HELL EVERYONE USES Emboar?! It's such a crappy starter that it makes me puke o.O
Old November 29th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
AND WHY IN THE HELL EVERYONE USES Emboar?! It's such a crappy starter that it makes me puke o.O
Uh...XD

I am a Fire starter user. Though yes, statistically, even in Black it paled to others come time for the E4. (Even though it was part Fighting type, which is why I chose it.)

In this game, because you choose your starter from the first gen. and get others as you go, I will probably select based on my party weaknesses; I have enough Fire with Growlithe now. I don't have a lot of good Grass choices, and my Water starter (Mudkip) is part-Ground (which makes it super awesome against Electric types). Thus, I am debating going with Grass for at least one selection of the remaining two.

Cyclone

Old November 29th, 2012, 10:43 AM
bambam112686

Quote:
Uh...XD

I am a Fire starter user. Though yes, statistically, even in Black it paled to others come time for the E4. (Even though it was part Fighting type, which is why I chose it.)

In this game, because you choose your starter from the first gen. and get others as you go, I will probably select based on my party weaknesses; I have enough Fire with Growlithe now. I don't have a lot of good Grass choices, and my Water starter (Mudkip) is part-Ground (which makes it super awesome against Electric types). Thus, I am debating going with Grass for at least one selection of the remaining two.

Cyclone
Swampert is the most diverse starter in the game. Teach him Earthquake, surf, ice beam, and a normal type move and hes pretty much unstoppable....... but give him 5 Calcium to be sure, it raises his sp. atk. instead of grass type, i either raise pikachu and evolve him or i wait until i can catch snover/abomasnow..........

**UPDATE** i just caught Mew and Mewtwo........... the latter didnt even know Psychic!! I have defeated the Lauren league and im on the legendary hunt, time to level mewtwo up for the World Championship
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links