The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
my sister bought me an early Christmas gift while I visited her in Chicago over the weekend... she didn't have a lot of money to spend so she couldn't go to those high end Pokémon stores or anime stores... so she went to Target... she wanted to get me something Pokémon related since I am addicted to Pokémon... all she could find there is Pokémon Conquest... no toys or figures or whatever to be found... I never played a spinoff and I don't know if Pokémon Conquest is good...

should I play it or sell it??? if it is good, can I get a brief synopsis of the game???
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Squidchan
The Lady Cthulhu

Nature: Lonely
I got Pokemon Conquest for my birthday just under a month ago, and so far I have really enjoyed it, though I don't think I'm anywhere near finishing it.

The gameplay style is similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. Without trying to spoil the story, you are a Warlord of a kingdom with a special partner Pokemon and you 'go to war' with other kingdoms in order to unite the region, recruiting warriors and other Warlords along the way, each with their own special partner Pokemon that you may need to find yourself.
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
It's really fun if you like the likes of Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics. I really enjoyed it, and the art is really good. The storyline isn't that compelling, but the characters are vivid and likeable.

So yeah, you should play it!

'Hoy, small fry!
Old November 30th, 2012, 11:49 AM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I highly recommend it. It's amazingly fun and adds an Fire Emblem like game style to Pokemon. The main story is crazy fun. The only bad thing is the post game is repetitive.
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old November 30th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
Definitely play it. I've heard very good things about the game. There was a thread discussing it, but I think it died. You could search this section for it and read some posts about it if you'd like. But I think it looks pretty good and people are saying it's one of the best spin offs. Besides, you don't wanna sell it and hurt your sister's feelings, haha.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:03 PM
curiousnathan
a hero can be afraid, too

Nature: Careful
It's a fantastic game. Like Toujours mentioned, the storyline is a bit weak, but other than that it's a really fun game.
Old December 1st, 2012, 01:19 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
It's a very great spin-off! Don't sell it!
Conquest has really interesting playthrough and you won't get tired of it for a long time =)
Not to mention the storyline is pretty long since you can play not only as main character but also as other warlord and warriors =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 2nd, 2012, 08:59 PM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
PLAY IT! Don't sell it, its too good. Its a really good game. You may not like it, but it will probably grow on you.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here