The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Come here to discuss the roleplay you are participating in, with your fellow players.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 29th, 2012, 01:02 PM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

Nature: Lonely
ATTENTION TRAINERS:

I (I mean, my character) is currently heading to the cafeteria, if anyone's looking for some interaction, there ya go. I mean, Venusaur.
Old November 29th, 2012, 06:27 PM
ShaymieTheShaymin
Mirage of Deceit

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to ShaymieTheShaymin
Is there anyone whose character(s) and/or pokemon are free? My two characters are wandering around the academy grounds, and some of their pokemon are running out of the forest after a failed adventure.

Pairs~ ♥ My Twitter~ ♥ Beautiful Angels~
Old November 29th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Pointblank
#YOLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointblank View Post
Name: Matthias Bowman

Nickname (Optional): Matt, Mr. Bowman

Sex: Male

Job: Battle Expert, Trainer and Pokemon Athleticism, pokemon and regular astronomy

Appearance: Matt is very tall and muscular, reaching to a height of six feet seven inches tall. He has short, messy brown hair that is left as a mop on top of his head. Matt has bright blue eyes, the kind that pierce into you when they make contact with your eyes. Matt's face is sculpted roughly, with a sharp, pointed chin and a small, yet triangular nose, along with a solid jaw and brow. Matt has a stubble beard and moustache. Matt has a muscular build, yet is still very athletic. Matt has broad shoulders and thick arms. Matt wears a black T-shirt with no logos or designs on it, along with a black sport coat over the shirt. For pants, Matt wears blue jeans. Complete that look with white low-top sneakers, a gold wristwatch and a pair of aviator sunglasses, you have the visual form of Matthias Bowman.

Personality: Matthias Bowman is very laid back, often a very slack teacher who gives students freedom. Matt is a very calm and relaxed person, and does not get riled up easily. He is very patient, a trait that helps him as a teacher. Matt is easy to talk to, and is a very good at giving advice to students. Matt views being a teacher as making sure the students enjoy while they learn, and therefore uses lots of hands-on methods to teach his students. Matt is unaffected by most matters, and appears to be very aloof most of the time. Matthias is often not very authoritative, and prefers to go with the flow as opposed to making a major shift. Matt is very friendly, and is a nice person to the people he knows, and treats his students and friends with respect. However, Matt never goes out and meets new people, preferring to stay within the small group of friends he has. Despite his intimidatingly large frame, Matt is a shy, yet friendly giant.

History: Matthias Bowman was born in Mossdeep City, Hoenn. Matthias was born to two engineers, Celia and Robert Bowman, who worked at the space launch in Mossdeep. Due to this, Matthias got to see spaceships and astronauts at a young age, which made him want to be a astronaut when he would grow up. This dream carried into his teenage years, when he figured out he would have to be in shape. Matthias became heavily involved with sports, as well as Pokemon training. Pokemon training became Matt's favourite hobby, investing his spare time into raising and battling pokemon. Matt grew into quite a formidable trainer, going to tournaments and doing very well in them. Even then, Matthias didn't know how important that Pokemon battling skill would be. After completing high school, Matt applied into the Space program. Acing the physical exam, Matthias failed the written, thus not making into the program. Having to wait until next year to retry, Matt travelled the region, battling with his pokemon, Machamp and Blaziken. Matt dominated, winning tournament after tournament and even almost beat the Elite Four challenge. After one year of battling after failing his exam, Matt retried. He begun by acing the physical exam once again, but also passed the written exam, getting into the space program. Matt was in the space program for seven years, starting as an astronaut then reassigned as a fitness coordinator for the astronauts. During this time, Matt added an Umbreon to his party. After these seven years, at age twenty-six, decided to leave the space program in order to take a job offered by Gary Oak to be a teacher at the Pokemon Trainer's Academy, the most prestigious pokemon related school in the world. Ecstatic, Matthias accepted the job.

Pokémon:

Species: Umbreon
Nickname: Astra
Personality: Astra is very shy and alert, and is always on her toes. She is very silent, not much for interactions, and has a cold personality.
Lvl: 41
Moveset:
Bite-Faint Attack
Confuse Ray-Iron Tail
Double Team-Protect

Species: Machamp
Nickname: Helio
Personality: Helio is very aggresive and headstrong, who acts first and thinks second.
Lvl: 48
Moveset:
Vital Throw-Cross Chop
Focus Punch-Ice Punch
Thunder Punch-Poison Jab

Species: Blaziken
Nickname: Nova
Personality: Nova is very quiet and secretive, but is very loyal will lash out against anyone who tries to attack Matt.
Lvl: 50
Moveset:
Fire Punch-Double Kick
Sunny Day-Blaze Kick
Brave Bird-Solar Beam
My SU is ready for review. Hope you like it, this RP looks like great fun.
Old November 30th, 2012, 05:42 AM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayShayTheShaymin View Post
Is there anyone whose character(s) and/or pokemon are free? My two characters are wandering around the academy grounds, and some of their pokemon are running out of the forest after a failed adventure.
What did I just say... I mean... Venusaur.
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:50 AM
pat20cool
Psyduck

Nature: Jolly
My Character Lucas isn't doing anything? Does anyone want Lucas?

Patrick McCallion in Time and Space: Phanpy

Lucas McGuire in Pokemon Trainer's Academy: Aipom, Heracross, Aron

Lucas McGuire in Unova Masters: Tepig
Old November 30th, 2012, 10:32 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

Nature: Hardy
@Pointblank: As a matter-o-fact, we do! You're accepted and may begin posting at will.

@ShayShay, Pat20Cool, WolfOfEve: You all should really do something together. ;O
Old November 30th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Nature: Sassy
This looks like a fun RP to be involved with!

Hope I'm doing this right~

Spoiler:
Name : Nemo Dannan

Nickname:"Ace"

Sex: Female

Dorm:
Suicune Dorm

Appearance: Nemo is a growing girl, but she's taller than most other students her age and has yet to stop. Thanks to a healthy lifestyle, her muscles are toned and defined, and a deceptively pale pallor. She keeps her teal hair cut short, so it doesn't get in the way of her training, and it's often left messy unless a stylist reels her in. While her petite facial features could make some underestimate her, Nemo's sharp silver eyes and exposed musculature let them know not to.

She's not particularly one for fashion, and her attire consists of anything that lets her body move unimpeded; whether it be flowing robes or a tank top, but the latter are far cheaper. One constant part of her attire is a thick leather belt containing pouches with all she needs, distributed equally around her form to not upset her balance. Nemo also had a secret fondness for tattoos, but has been unable to trick anyone into giving her one.

Personality: Nemo's personality has varied immensely over the time she grew up, leading to a somewhat unusual personality. She grows bonds quickly with those who respect her, but grows strong grudges against those don't, and will help her friends with their own vendettas. Loyal to a fault, but she can be brash in matters that can be solved with force. Despite these faults, Nemo is a very determined trainer who's diligent about her work and loves a good time, whenever it can be had. She has an admiration for those who art enthusiastic about the arts, and anyone who creates music especially.

Nemo is at her best when she's around her Pokemon, who bring out the best in her, so she tries to keep at least one of them out of their balls at all times. They bring out her intelligence, from how much she's learned about balancing one's team in battles. They bring out her enthusiasm, shown with each action she declares and every handshake after a good battle. But, most of all, they exemplify her loyalty, in having grown them to where they are, and caring for their health each step of the way.

History:
Nemo was born in the practical wasteland that is Orre, where few Pokemon roam about and the denizens have learned to the value these creatures even more than most other regions. She was born into the hands of The Pyrite Martyrs; a minor street gang in Pyrite Town that had lasted through many years without extinction, and planned to keep it that way. As the daughter of one of the leaders, she was gifted with an Eevee at the age of five and taught to train with some of the older members.

Being young, Nemo lost every battle against the established trainers who had been with their valued Pokemon for years, but she learned a little more after every battle, while she was tending to "Krissy" and her wounds. By the age of ten, she could hold her own for a few minutes and was allowed to battle other beginning trainers. Beating the other children, who hadn't practiced before, gave her a cocky attitude that would soon change her life. After challenging the child of the boss of The Pyrite Claw, her Krissy was killed by the opponent's brute force, who had been gifted with their parents' far more talented Croconaw.

It struck the young girl deep, but the older members of her gang used it to teach her the value of strategy. A few weeks later, Nemo decided that she would be like Krissy would have; she would change as the situation demanded it, and do her deceased friend proud. She watched fighting Pokemon train by day, studied strategy by night, and, in fits of emotions, discovered her own psychic potential. But, her lessons said that one should always try to trick any opponents; so she told no one of her little discovery. It would be her ace in the hole.

By the time she reached puberty, Nemo's parents decided it was time for her to get a replacement for Krissy, but she pushed away the offer and asked only for a Pokeball. She would earn her second Pokemon's respect herself. With the changes in her body, and the sudden growth spurts, she decided that she should aim for the perfection her Pokemon would, and began physical training with the Fighting Pokemon she'd only watched before. By her thirteenth birthday, Nemo was ready to find her second Pokemon.

Sitting eagerly at the television on that day, she learned of an Absol sighting in the mountains, and declared her intentions to catch it to every member of The Pyrite Martyrs. Before noon, they taught her more specifically of the dirty fighting that Dark Pokemon often used, including their own tricks they learned over the years. So the young woman trekked into the mountains, and found the rumored Absol, who she attempted to fight hand-to-hand, to earn its respect.

The fight went in Nemo's favor. Dark Pokemon were resistant to psychic abilities, so she instead used them to fuel her own muscles. Against the dirty tricks, she countered them like a professional fighter. By the end of the fight, they were both worn down and beaten softly, but the Absol showed its respect with a bow of its head, and Nemo returned victorious, to cheers and the party she deserved.

Over the next year, Nemo grew her team to a set of Pokemon that matched her own virtues, so they could learn from her and her from them. With the help of Cassie, the name she'd given Absol, she captured a stowaway Ralts to practice her psychic abilities with, who she named Ezra. After that, she fought the Makuhita child of one of her other gang members, who would spar with her and train their techniques. She named him Berth.

With her Pokemon trained enough, Nemo appeared to the public under the guise of a vigilante working for the Police and worked with them to take down The Pyrite Claw as revenge for Krissy; showing them just how far she'd came over four years and eliminating the gang's presence once and for all. The attention eventually caught the eye of Professor Gary Oak, who invited the talented young trainer to join the Pokemon Trainer Academy.

Not wanting to disappoint the Professor, Nemo trained Cassie, Ezra, and Berth as much as was feasible before she left for the Academy, after a long farewell with her gang members and her parents. With training being the focus of her life, Nemo passed the tests with flying colors, and was invited to the Suicune Dorm.

Pokémon

Species: Absol
Nickname: Cassie
Personality: Cassie has a warrior's heart, with an affinity for honor, no matter the cost. She's extremely loyal to Nemo, for defeating her in single combat and all of the affection shown over their two years together. She prefers to remain quiet and composed most of the time, but loves to spend time listening to people's troubles.
Lvl: 25
Moves:
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Superpower
Psycho Cut
Pursuit
Night Slash

Species: Kirlia
Nickname: Ezra
Personality: Ezra is a shy Kirlia, who prefers to stay around Nemo's feet than to explore. She treats other Pokemon tenderly, but will only communicate with humans if they smell nice, or have something sweet to eat.

Moves:
Calm Mind
Psychic
Focus Blast
Signal Beam
Shadow Ball
Substitute

Species: Hariyama
Nickname: Berth
Personality: Berth is generally a calm Pokemon, who has a surprising intelligence for one most would see as a brute. He likes to size up challenges well in advance, but has a habit of underestimating Normal Pokemon.

Moves:
Whirlwind
Force Palm
Rest
Sleep Talk
Old November 30th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Batel
A nothing.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Batel
So! I'm planning on throwing not one, but TWO more characters into the RP. This time, TWINS. Does that sound like a good, okay or terrible idea(no, not identical twins, nothing so cliche and simple)? XD
-- Synth
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:29 PM
ShaymieTheShaymin
Mirage of Deceit

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to ShaymieTheShaymin
So... You guys (Wolf and pat) want to run into my characters?

Pairs~ ♥ My Twitter~ ♥ Beautiful Angels~
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:44 PM
pat20cool
Psyduck

Nature: Jolly
@ShayShayTheShaymin, yeah sure! Just to give you a brief note about Lucas, he is from Pewter City, he's really shyish, he was bullied alot and he has an Aipom and a young Heracross, both of which have no nicknames.

Patrick McCallion in Time and Space: Phanpy

Lucas McGuire in Pokemon Trainer's Academy: Aipom, Heracross, Aron

Lucas McGuire in Unova Masters: Tepig
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:45 PM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

Well, I (I mean, Venusaur) am currently headed to the cafeteria, so someone would more likely have to run into me.
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:12 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

@Lilizuke: Apologies on the wait. You're also accepted. Welcome to the RP c:
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

@PkMn Trainer Yellow: Thanks so much!

I doubt I'll be able to get a post in tonight, but is there anything else I should do before I jump in? I'll likely just wait for a good opportunity to do so.
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
@PkMn Trainer Yellow: Thanks so much!

I doubt I'll be able to get a post in tonight, but is there anything else I should do before I jump in? I'll likely just wait for a good opportunity to do so.
Just be casual about it :p Check a few of the recent posts and see if your character can get involved if you want her to that is. Other then that I don't think you need to do much else. Just go for it :p

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 27 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 25 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Old November 30th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman765 View Post
Just be casual about it :p Check a few of the recent posts and see if your character can get involved if you want her to that is. Other then that I don't think you need to do much else. Just go for it :p
This is a casual affair? But I bought a new dress and everything...

If nobody minds me asking, what are those boxes, such as the violet one in Post 7352, and the blue one in Post 7355 in the IC?
Old December 1st, 2012, 01:20 AM
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3

Nature: Bold
Quote:
This is a casual affair? But I bought a new dress and everything...

If nobody minds me asking, what are those boxes, such as the violet one in Post 7352, and the blue one in Post 7355 in the IC?
I'm pretty sure they're a custom post format using fancy coding and everything. I wouldn't know. I'd message yellow or Wolf about it and I'm sure they'd fill you in on how they did it.

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 27 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 25 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Old December 1st, 2012, 07:44 AM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman765 View Post
I'm pretty sure they're a custom post format using fancy coding and everything. I wouldn't know. I'd message yellow or Wolf about it and I'm sure they'd fill you in on how they did it.
Heheh... Mine's pretty complex, even though I made it look simple.
Old December 1st, 2012, 10:45 AM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Heheh... Mine's pretty complex, even though I made it look simple.
Well, it looks good.

Do the Dorms have anything for their members to wear, to show that they're a member? Maybe a badge?
Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:33 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

@Lilizuki: If by dorms you meant students then yes! Students get a red, blue, or yellow jacket corresponding to their dorm--though they apparently aren't required to wear it. By the way--I noticed it doesn't seem like you interacted with anyone in your first post. I may be guessing, but I presume it's funner to roleplay with others.

If you want someone to interact with your character, this is a good place to ask around--or better yet. You can look at the character list and even search up someone's character SU to decide which character seems interesting to you.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Nature: Docile
Where should Orange train his Bonsly? It's like level 13 and is totally underleveled. And I'm gonna have Eggy hatch soon! What level should she hatch at?
Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:52 AM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@Lilizuki: If you want someone to interact with your character, this is a good place to ask around--or better yet. You can look at the character list and even search up someone's character SU to decide which character seems interesting to you.
Actually, WolfOfEve's character mentioned going to the cafeteria and he did multiple times in this thread. I figured they could meet up there, but I probably should have mentioned it here. *oops*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNess View Post
Where should Orange train his Bonsly? It's like level 13 and is totally underleveled.
Pairing up with somebody who has a counter for grass types and heading to the forest seems like the best bet; plenty of bugs to squish. You could also look for somebody in-game who knows Pokemon to learn what's needed for Bonsly to evolve, 'cause it needs to learn Mimic to do so.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 12:55 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

@OrangeNess: It doesn't much matter. Trainer battles are the superior way to train by a dozen times over. Get into a triple battle with a trainer and have your bonsly participate against all six of the trainer's theoretical pokemon to get 12 levels in one battle. :U
Old December 2nd, 2012, 07:01 PM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

Quote:
Actually, WolfOfEve's character mentioned going to the cafeteria and he did multiple times in this thread. I figured they could meet up there, but I probably should have mentioned it here. *oops*
Errrr, yeah, might've helped if you'd told me you want to interact with my character. Tyler is PTA's new groomer HAHA! FOOLS! I /AM/ TYLER!! I HAVE INFILTRATED YOUR ACADEMY AND WILL MAKE ALL BOW BEFORE ME AS I GROOM YOUR POKéMON TO PERFECTION and also the PokéVersion of myself. However, I'm not necessarily the kind of person who looks for interaction, so your character would have to start talking to me.

And don't worry, I'm Johtoan
Old December 2nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Errrr, yeah, might've helped if you'd told me you want to interact with my character. Tyler is PTA's new groomer HAHA! FOOLS! I /AM/ TYLER!! I HAVE INFILTRATED YOUR ACADEMY AND WILL MAKE ALL BOW BEFORE ME AS I GROOM YOUR POKéMON TO PERFECTION and also the PokéVersion of myself. However, I'm not necessarily the kind of person who looks for interaction, so your character would have to start talking to me.

And don't worry, I'm Johtoan
Apologies, good Sir! I learned RP in a very different website, so I'm still getting used to things around here. And gotcha; I can do that once he shows up, so I can have my character's reaction to his presence and an inner-monologue about why she's approaching him.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:12 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor

@Lilizuki: Don't worry too much. I make a point to try and make sure the environment around this part of the RPC remains friendly. Mistakes are made--but we're all learning. c:

Sponsored Links