The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 28th, 2012 (11:44 PM).
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakasshadow View Post
I did the suicune quest and capture her. While on the new island, I capture some 3 gen pokemon that were all female, every wild pokemon was female except for the genderless pokemon. Then I save it and quit. Then I load the save game up on another day. Want to evolve eevee into an espeon but she didn't evolve. So I went to the lady talking about evolve but she said about she only evolve though breeding. So I breed her but still got the same line and two male eevees. That when I discovered the bad eggs. I check again the bad eggs disappear after I load the game from when I save after my eggs hatch.
The seer really means they evolve through leveling up or through happiness when she tells you they evolve through breeding.
Old November 30th, 2012 (02:48 AM).
Onmi
Unhatched Egg

I don't know if this is a bug or on purpose but the Rocket Executives in the Radio Tower simply use

On the 4th Floor: A level 41 Golbat
On the 5th Floor Female: A level 41 Onix

I'm not sure if they're meant to have such a small party, and certainly not the party they had before. But I find it note worthy.

Also if I may make a suggestion, not knowing what you plan to do... Change up the Gym Leaders teams. I'm not sure why Falkner is still using Pidgey/otto while Pryce apparently did something right to get a Glaile. Johto has other birds
Old November 30th, 2012 (07:32 AM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
The seer really means they evolve through leveling up or through happiness when she tells you they evolve through breeding.
Nope, she just is actually that bugged out. She creates 2 bad eggs in your box, and fails to tell you anything useful. Known bug. It'll get fixed some stage soon.
Old November 30th, 2012 (11:07 AM).
Southueki
Writer

Quote:
Espeon wins I admit because I thought Gardevoir evolves by 2 stages it should win the contest
Gardevoir might win due to a better movepool and the access to Hypnosis. Then again, unless for competitive battling it doesn't really matter
Old November 30th, 2012 (10:46 PM).
Drakasshadow
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
Nope, she just is actually that bugged out. She creates 2 bad eggs in your box, and fails to tell you anything useful. Known bug. It'll get fixed some stage soon.
That were the 2 bad eggs came from that were in my pc box
Old November 30th, 2012 (11:17 PM).
alienhunterx

Really my bad because in my condition I never checked the PC whether there are thousands Bad eggs appearing in t
Old December 1st, 2012 (02:39 AM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakasshadow View Post
That were the 2 bad eggs came from that were in my pc box
Quite possibly. Just stay clear of her until we get it fixed.

Quote:
Really my bad because in my condition I never checked the PC whether there are thousands Bad eggs appearing in t
It only overwrites 2 specific slots in the box, as opposed to adding new ones. It'll overwrite whatever happens to be in that slot, potentially a valid Pokémon or another bad egg itself.
Old December 4th, 2012 (07:52 PM).
Charizardlvl.98

Nature: Adamant
My vba that i downloaded with the game is not working, it says its missing something. please help so i can get back to enjoying the game with everything in it
Old December 4th, 2012 (08:11 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
It only overwrites 2 specific slots in the box, as opposed to adding new ones. It'll overwrite whatever happens to be in that slot, potentially a valid Pokémon or another bad egg itself.
For the sake of readers of this bug, I pose this follow-up: if those two slots in the PC do not have anything in them, will she still create two Bad Eggs in them? i.e. overwrite the emptiness?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 4th, 2012 (10:26 PM).
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizardlvl.98 View Post
My vba that i downloaded with the game is not working, it says its missing something. please help so i can get back to enjoying the game with everything in it
as I don't know the whole story, I'll ask this: Do you have a bios file?
Old December 5th, 2012 (02:13 AM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

@CycloneGU Yes, it does.

As I say, it's a known bug, but neither myself or LaZ currently have time for bug fixing.
Old December 5th, 2012 (07:40 AM).
FIQ

Also, bad eggs created from empty slots are even more glitchy than "normal" bad eggs. You don't want to mess with them, really.
Old December 7th, 2012 (12:55 AM).
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

hey, I'm unsure if this has been reported, but when you go to Bill's house to do the TM Dig-Up minigame, the screen shakes up and down and you get nothing. This is on the latest beta, but I've had this occur to me on my Android's emulator, so I'm unsure if it is affected anywhere else.

DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA. (more banners soon to come... maybe) DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA.
You joined for ROM Hacking, didn't you, PokeReject?
Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon. Why yes, yes I did. Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon.
Old December 7th, 2012 (05:15 AM).
sigi456
Unhatched Egg

hey, i'd like to report a bug: i was trying to get the zapdos and as always i saved my game in front of the zapdos sprite (before you talk to it to battle) however i still couldn't catch it after 7 or 8 battles so i decided to catch a scyter and teach it false swipe, i exited trough the side door at the powerplant and when i came back (after training the scyter in the pokemon league using exp. share) the zapdos was gone.
ALSO
this story is about my second time playing this version the first time i played it, i caught the zapdos but the sprite seen from behind in battle was a moltres...
Old December 7th, 2012 (04:00 PM).
Onmi
Unhatched Egg

I went to Lavander Town before cerulean, this somehow caused the game to thing that I had done the Mr. Fuji quest yet Axel was still sitting in front of the Radio Tower.
Old December 7th, 2012 (11:24 PM).
alienhunterx

Both of you guys have missed and mixed up events which should have been done through proper playing. i am sorry to say nothing can be done much now
@sigi456: How did you managed to get pass LaZ and Zeikku at the outpost?
@Onmi: Try coming back after a short time to see whether it has returned?
Old December 8th, 2012 (10:55 AM).
FIQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmi View Post
I went to Lavander Town before cerulean, this somehow caused the game to thing that I had done the Mr. Fuji quest yet Axel was still sitting in front of the Radio Tower.
As of latest beta, Axel show up outside Radio Tower no matter what. It worked perfectly for me doing the quest on desktop using vba-m, but I was on a slightly outdated beta then. Now that I have the latest, Axel began showing up outside radio tower, even though I did that event ages ago.

@alienhunterx: You can't go to ceruelan before lavender, if you try to, then you'll be stopped by LaZ that tells you something is up in lavender and that you should go check it out "NAO".
Old December 9th, 2012 (11:12 PM).
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIQ View Post
As of latest beta, Axel show up outside Radio Tower no matter what. It worked perfectly for me doing the quest on desktop using vba-m, but I was on a slightly outdated beta then. Now that I have the latest, Axel began showing up outside radio tower, even though I did that event ages ago.

@alienhunterx: You can't go to ceruelan before lavender, if you try to, then you'll be stopped by LaZ that tells you something is up in lavender and that you should go check it out "NAO".
I know that stuff bro I was asking him about that
Old December 10th, 2012 (10:31 AM).
Tamashi
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Naive
Help, I'm stuck at S.S Anne, when that Grandpa man asks u to find her granddaughter. I found her, but that grandpa man still says that i need to find her
Old December 10th, 2012 (09:47 PM).
sage1029
Unhatched Egg

So... why can't I put any pokemon into the Route 34 Daycare? I talk to the woman and she says something like: I know about eggs, my husband and i were raising some pokemon you see... " then nothing about putting a pokemon in. the man says something odder: "Ah, it's you! Good to see you. Your GREAT BALL's doing fine." I've also got somethign to the effect of: "Ah its you! Good to see you. Your 533 is doing fine."

So... how can i fix this and put pokemon in. I've never put any in before, and I only just got togepi out of the egg. I don't think I have any bad eggs in my box... Help?

Sage
Old December 10th, 2012 (11:22 PM).
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamashi View Post
Help, I'm stuck at S.S Anne, when that Grandpa man asks u to find her granddaughter. I found her, but that grandpa man still says that i need to find her
Have you tried finding that sleepy sailor in the boat or tried resting in the bed?
Old December 11th, 2012 (03:57 AM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage1029 View Post
So... why can't I put any pokemon into the Route 34 Daycare? I talk to the woman and she says something like: I know about eggs, my husband and i were raising some pokemon you see... " then nothing about putting a pokemon in. the man says something odder: "Ah, it's you! Good to see you. Your GREAT BALL's doing fine." I've also got somethign to the effect of: "Ah its you! Good to see you. Your 533 is doing fine."

So... how can i fix this and put pokemon in. I've never put any in before, and I only just got togepi out of the egg. I don't think I have any bad eggs in my box... Help?

Sage
You must be playing an out of date version, because what you've got there is a bad egg. Reason I say you must be playing an old version is because that was all fixed in 3.2 with all the memory modifications we made.

Sadly, a 3.1 gamesave of any variety is incompatible with 3.2.
Old December 11th, 2012 (08:50 AM).
phillygrunge
Unhatched Egg

Is there a way I can play this on my android? I have gameboid installed and will install another emulator if need be.
Old December 11th, 2012 (09:45 AM).
sage1029
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
You must be playing an out of date version, because what you've got there is a bad egg. Reason I say you must be playing an old version is because that was all fixed in 3.2 with all the memory modifications we made.

Sadly, a 3.1 gamesave of any variety is incompatible with 3.2.
Well... that is somewhat depressing. Well, thank you for replying. I guess i'll update and start over!

Sage
Old December 11th, 2012 (04:24 PM).
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygrunge View Post
Is there a way I can play this on my android? I have gameboid installed and will install another emulator if need be.
I've been playing this on my Android for a few months now, so I might know what to do. First, you must apply the IPS Patch you downloaded to a copy of Pokemon Fire Red (make sure they both have the same name, it's easier to patch it). After that is done, all you have to do is put it in your phone. The way that I did it was that I made a separate folder for Gameboid. In there, I made 2 extra folders, one for a BIOS file, and another folder for the games.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links