The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old November 19th, 2012 (11:26 PM).
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mononoke Hime View Post
Since then I'm no longer hidding my own sexuality from myself. It also maked me become to question about what really is passionate love in it's pure form. And I realised that for me it just doesn't matter if is a man or a woman, I just naturally broke that barrier. For me to love someone, it doesn't matter the gender, but who is inside the body.
Good for you! That's pretty awesome.

Relevant Advertising!

Old November 20th, 2012 (7:04 PM).
viva emptiness

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX0990 View Post
Good for you! That's pretty awesome.
Thank you!
I also think that anyone who is homofobic just don't really know what love is.
Old November 21st, 2012 (2:39 AM).

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
Quote:
Thank you!
I also think that anyone who is homofobic just don't really know what love is.
I don't think that's the case. My parents have been married and in love for 24 years now, yet they are extremely homophobic.

There are other reasons why people are homophobic. Mostly it's religion (Which also bans a TON of other stuff, too, but since most people do that stuff, it was always "meant as a metaphor"). Other reasons are "it isn't natural" (Homosexuality is found in more than 250 species...), "it's an illness" (Which it isn't), "It's wrong and gross" (I find mucus gross, but you don't see me going around hating and beating people who blow their noses...), and the list goes on. There are a lot of reasons why people are homophobic, all of them stupid. But I think those all are just there to hide the real reason, the real reason being "I have a box on my head that says I should blindly hate gays, but that's stupid so I'll come up with some idiotic reasons since I'm too stubborn and stupid to take the box off".

Well... at least that's why I think people are homophobic.

Old November 21st, 2012 (11:05 AM). Edited November 21st, 2012 by TornZero.
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningAlex View Post
I don't think that's the case. My parents have been married and in love for 24 years now, yet they are extremely homophobic.

There are other reasons why people are homophobic. Mostly it's religion (Which also bans a TON of other stuff, too, but since most people do that stuff, it was always "meant as a metaphor"). Other reasons are "it isn't natural" (Homosexuality is found in more than 250 species...), "it's an illness" (Which it isn't), "It's wrong and gross" (I find mucus gross, but you don't see me going around hating and beating people who blow their noses...), and the list goes on. There are a lot of reasons why people are homophobic, all of them stupid. But I think those all are just there to hide the real reason, the real reason being "I have a box on my head that says I should blindly hate gays, but that's stupid so I'll come up with some idiotic reasons since I'm too stubborn and stupid to take the box off".

Well... at least that's why I think people are homophobic.
This made me laugh, especially since homosexuality in the Bible is still disputed.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old November 21st, 2012 (11:48 AM).
Hug bear wants hugs
Silver Tier

I always thought that homophobia (and transphobia) were caused by people being sheltered and never being self-reflective or critical of their beliefs and assumptions. I think hatred is just the byproduct (of course that's kind of how I think hatred works in most cases). So for me I only blame religion inasmuch as religion makes people sheltered and keeps them from thinking critically.
Old November 23rd, 2012 (11:25 PM). Edited November 23rd, 2012 by Alice.
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Just found this documentary on youtube, and thought it might be interesting to some of you. It's about the only Gay bar in northern Mississippi, and the lives of the people that go there. I was surprised at how many people there actually are, and how open they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXvet5I3KpM

Edit: Don't watch the 3rd part unless you want to cry and be filled with incredible hatred for mankind.
Old November 24th, 2012 (11:21 AM).
Hug bear wants hugs
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
Just found this documentary on youtube, and thought it might be interesting to some of you. It's about the only Gay bar in northern Mississippi, and the lives of the people that go there. I was surprised at how many people there actually are, and how open they are.
I watched a little of this (like 4 minutes) and I was kind of hoping that it would be about how surprisingly accepting and open this place is, but of course they had to get some opinions of people from the Confederate-flag covered bar down the road, and of course they said a lot of what you'd expect.
Old November 24th, 2012 (4:11 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

There's also a fairly thorough interview with the leader of the westboro baptist church. I wish I hadn't watched it tbh.
Old November 25th, 2012 (8:58 AM).
Carrion
Gold Tier

I've always seen the Westboro Baptist Church as a whole though, as an anti-life organization that specifically targets the LGBT community (because according to them buildings will explode if I kiss a boy I guess.)

Which I guess brings me to a revelation of mine: I'm now entirely accepting to myself being bigendered... though the only specific way I feel I can express it is by wearing completely gender-neutral clothing (which I've actually shifted towards doing already.) I'll have to come out in a different way over it though, but whatever. I'll figure that out when I feel like it's time.
Old November 25th, 2012 (11:50 AM).
Hug bear wants hugs
Silver Tier

Gender-neutral is how I try to look when I go out in public. It's just easier that way. Plus I'm starting to feel like I should identify more as androgyne than trans. Ugh. So many terms.

So when you say you're bigendered you mean you feel like to move between male and female from time to time?
Old November 26th, 2012 (4:05 AM).
Carrion
Gold Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
So when you say you're bigendered you mean you feel like to move between male and female from time to time?
Kind of. Rather both simutaneously but frequently feeling much more like one gender over the other. When I wind up switching into girl mode though I'm often okay with my male body. If only i could change my physical appearance for how I currently feel though, then I would be able to fulfill both sides much easier...
Old November 26th, 2012 (10:17 AM).
Hug bear wants hugs
Silver Tier

Quote:
As a whole I consider myself a biromantic asexual.
I dunno. That sounds to sum things up well as far as I can tell from what you've said. Everything else is just your personality and tastes. You said you're a tomboy. There are plenty of things that tomboys have in common with people who are trans or genderqueer or gay, but really they're not the same exact thing. What's important is that you feel comfortable with who you are and how you identify yourself.

I'm assuming that there are arguments on this other forum which make you wonder what category you fit into because of your tomboy-ish-ness and so on. (Correct me if I'm wrong though.) It's probably well-intentioned, but don't let other people define who you are if it doesn't feel right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
Kind of. Rather both simutaneously but frequently feeling much more like one gender over the other. When I wind up switching into girl mode though I'm often okay with my male body. If only i could change my physical appearance for how I currently feel though, then I would be able to fulfill both sides much easier...
If only. Wouldn't that be great?
Old November 27th, 2012 (1:25 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
If only i could change my physical appearance for how I currently feel though, then I would be able to fulfill both sides much easier...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
If only. Wouldn't that be great?
That would be absolutely wonderful. I would feel like I'm in paradise.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old November 27th, 2012 (3:14 PM).
It's ok to cry.

trans = auto join
I'd like to join. Reading some of the posts here are very insightful, information-wise and mentally. And if I can at all contribute to discussions I will.

Quote:
I'm just wondering if anyone has an opinion. I'm trying to sort my thoughts here.
I feel like you shouldn't be trying to categorize yourself, and neither should anyone else. Gender and sexuality are treated with such concrete boundaries, I don't think it's completely fair. There are those who don't fit into a specific category and the limited number of "terms/categories" does force some people to move around until they feel like they fit with a certain group, which isn't necessary at all. You sound very confident in who you are, saying you never doubt yourself at all, so I think that's all that matters. Disregard not knowing exactly how you're defined in the eyes of others, or even how you define yourself because in the end I don't think it should matter, you know who you are.

That's all I got. Sounds kinda negative not to mention roundabout reading back through my response, hope I don't come across that way.

Old November 30th, 2012 (4:29 AM).
viva emptiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX0990
I'm just wondering if anyone has an opinion. I'm trying to sort my thoughts here.
I think that this bunch of labels are just that: labels.
Like SassyMilkshake said, you are what you are. Furthermore, this labels are only to guide someone to know him or herself. Each case is different, believe it, so you don't have to worry about you don't following the model of some label, afterall you're an individual being. You are what you are, and set aside these labels if they're giving you any worries. They weren't meant for that.

Though it's a different question, I was thinking about something.

I know that the gender doesn't affect the sexuality, like only because someone is transgender this doesn't means that this person is homosexual too.
But my question is:
Why do people relate transgenders with homosexuality?

What I think is that society sees everyone in standarts, such as manxwoman and womanxman. If a man feels like a woman, so he necessarily has to be attracted to other men, because that's what woman must do.
This same rule has to apply to the homosexuals themselves in their relationships. Most of people think that in a gay couple, one has to assume the role of the "woman", and the other, of the "man".
So everyone has to follow this model. I think this hole concept is completety misunderstood.

I wanna know what other people here think of this topic.
Old November 30th, 2012 (8:29 AM).
Hug bear wants hugs
Silver Tier

Don't mean to change the subject to quickly but I have POSSIBLE BIG NEWS!

The US Supreme Court is deciding today if it's going to take up same-sex marriage. There are 8 possible challenges to bans (including California's Prop 8 ban and the national DOMA law which makes same-sex marriage illegal at the federal level) that the court might take up. Depending on what challenges they choose to hear and what they decide (if they do) we could see marriage equality become a reality very, very soon.

If the court doesn't take up Prop 8, for instance, it would mean that whatever the last court, the one right below the Supreme Court, ruled on it would be the final ruling, and that court said it was crap, so in California, in perhaps a matter of house, we might hear that it's (or will be soon) legal to marry again.

Now if SCOTUS decides to hear one of the challenges to DOMA directly there's every possibility that they could overturn ALL marriage bans in the country, although there's just as much a chance in this scenario that if they rule against DOMA they'll just say that states should decide who can get married and leave all the bans in place.

So... yeah. Could be a crazy good day.
Old November 30th, 2012 (9:17 AM).

Hey guys,
I just joined the forums but I would also really like to be a part of this club, please
Old November 30th, 2012 (10:31 AM).

Welcome to PC and the Connection, LaVida! Of course you're welcome here just like everyone else (besides trolls! :D), but I must apologize. We seem to have lost our special welcoming hat/crown some time ago, so we must rely on our quirky wit and conversationalism to make you feel special!

Old November 30th, 2012 (9:07 PM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
I hope the governement listens to thr REAL gay agenda:
1. Achieve equality
2. See item 1
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Hacks I've worked on in the past:
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old December 1st, 2012 (2:21 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornZero View Post
but I must apologize. We seem to have lost our special welcoming hat/crown some time ago, so we must rely on our quirky wit and conversationalism to make you feel special!
Aww, that's really too bad :/ I think, I must resign now.

Haha, just kidding. Thank you.

Maybe I should add why I wanted to join: I'm a supporter of LGBT rights and although I don't really like putting labels on myself, I think, I'm bisexual. I'm not so sure about this, though, it's kind of confusing haha.

I read a lot of posts in this thread and it seems rather interesting and enjoyable.
Old December 1st, 2012 (10:41 AM). Edited December 1st, 2012 by Alice.
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Welcome laVida! There are surprisingly few bisexuals here, considering it's likely the most common non-straight sexuality. (Or at least, I would assume so.)
Old December 1st, 2012 (11:28 AM).
Hug bear wants hugs
Silver Tier

Quote:
I know that the gender doesn't affect the sexuality, like only because someone is transgender this doesn't means that this person is homosexual too.
But my question is:
Why do people relate transgenders with homosexuality?
Well, most people don't really understand what being transgender is and it's already a strain for them to understand that a gay relationship doesn't have a "man" and a "woman." It doesn't help that there are phrases like "woman in a man's body" and so on which confuse people.
Old December 1st, 2012 (6:23 PM).
It's ok to cry.

From my experiences, people think that being trans is just a cover-up for being gay. They think oh, being a girl is my "way out of being gay", which I don't completely understand, because I see no shame in who I am, why would I be afraid to come out as homosexual? Also people don't understand how gender really doesn't determine your sexuality. Assumptions are made that if you "change your gender", your sexuality must be changed too (assuming you were straight, which definitely is not always the case).

Old December 1st, 2012 (8:42 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Milkshake View Post
From my experiences, people think that being trans is just a cover-up for being gay. They think oh, being a girl is my "way out of being gay", which I don't completely understand, because I see no shame in who I am, why would I be afraid to come out as homosexual?
What I don't get is that trans*ism is typically considered worse than being homosexual. Why wouldn't someone pick the lesser of two evils? This is especially odd knowing that homosexuality is becoming much more widespread as an accepted thing.

Old December 1st, 2012 (9:10 PM).
It's ok to cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornZero View Post
What I don't get is that trans*ism is typically considered worse than being homosexual. Why wouldn't someone pick the lesser of two evils? This is especially odd knowing that homosexuality is becoming much more widespread as an accepted thing.
People have to understand that being trans has much more to it than just sexuality. Sure a trans person may be homosexual, but being trans for me has to do with being in the wrong body and just associating with the characteristics of the other sex. So if someone who knew they were trans chose to be be homosexual and not a member of the other sex, they ultimately shouldn't be called trans. It's essentially two semi-unrelated things.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links