The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 27th, 2012, 11:50 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNerdtendo64 View Post
How far into the game does this go?
I would like to thoroughly play an actual DECENT Crystal Remake.
The current Beta 2 covers all the events of Johto and the Kanto Elite Four battles. I am sure he will add Kanto session in new beta 3
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:32 AM
ℨᶾanana
✪ Dragons Lead ✪

Nature: Quiet
Cool Hack .. I love your Tiles.. I need To learn how to make the cool Hack like you...and right now i'm gonna play this Hack.. Wooohoo!!

Blub lub!
FakeSprites will OpenCommision! Check at DA
Old November 28th, 2012, 04:16 PM
eragon_1121
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
Argh, not again. This time I found out that I screwed up the gym leader battle palette. Today's patch fixes that as well as adds new Jasmine overworld sprites by Retribution.
Really appreciate the fast updates. Unfortunately, I've noticed a few other problems. The pokedex doesn't register the pokemon I catch, so my starter is the only pokemon that my pokedex says I own. Also, the pokegear doesn't register any trainers, except for Youngster Joey, even though the dialogue it triggered, so the only people whose phone numbers I have are Mom, Professor Elm, and Joey. Hoping you can find a fix for these, thanks.

Last edited by eragon_1121; November 28th, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old November 28th, 2012, 05:59 PM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon_1121 View Post
Really appreciate the fast updates. Unfortunately, I've noticed a few other problems. The pokedex doesn't register the pokemon I catch, so my starter is the only pokemon that my pokedex says I own. Also, the pokegear doesn't register any trainers, except for Youngster Joey, even though the dialogue it triggered, so the only people whose phone numbers I have are Mom, Professor Elm, and Joey. Hoping you can find a fix for these, thanks.
Actually it does.
You have to leave the route, then go talk to the . One example is Fisherman Ralph (He is south from Violet City)
I talked to him after the battle. Nothing. I went to heal up, talked to him again, he asked to register me. I said yes and now he tells me when rare Pokemon are available to encounter in the water.
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:56 PM
alienhunterx

So this means that registering feature of Gen 2 is still available in this hack. Cool

Old November 29th, 2012, 05:15 AM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
How far into the game does this go?
I would like to thoroughly play an actual DECENT Crystal Remake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
The current Beta 2 covers all the events of Johto and the Kanto Elite Four battles. I am sure he will add Kanto session in new beta 3
This is true, Beta 2 finishes right after the first credits (after the Champion).
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirakonGxi View Post
Cool Hack .. I love your Tiles.. I need To learn how to make the cool Hack like you...and right now i'm gonna play this Hack.. Wooohoo!!
My tiles? Haha, most of them are FireRed tiles. The custom ones, however, you can thank Pokémon Palladium Project for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon_1121 View Post
The first one, I'm not having. Pokémon register fine for me. The Pokégear not registering any trainers is because I haven't programmed them in yet due to a lack of knowledge about how they work.
Quote:
Actually it does.
You have to leave the route, then go talk to the . One example is Fisherman Ralph (He is south from Violet City)
I talked to him after the battle. Nothing. I went to heal up, talked to him again, he asked to register me. I said yes and now he tells me when rare Pokemon are available to encounter in the water.
...No, this doesn't work. Like I said, I haven't programmed the trainers in. So he can't call you for any rare Pokémon in the water...
Quote:
So this means that registering feature of Gen 2 is still available in this hack. Cool

Nope, sorry, not yet.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old November 29th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
I have found some more trainers who can be registered and also my pokegear was flashing once and idk why lmao.
I hope you find a way to make all trainers to be able to reg you bc i need the evolution stones xD
Old November 29th, 2012, 08:38 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
I have found some more trainers who can be registered and also my pokegear was flashing once and idk why lmao.
I hope you find a way to make all trainers to be able to reg you bc i need the evolution stones xD
Let me just make it clear that any and all trainers you can register the phone number of have not been programmed into the game by me and thus will not work properly. None of them will call to rematch (I think) and none of them will do their special event.

My other resources:
My Website
Old November 29th, 2012, 11:41 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Let me just make it clear that any and all trainers you can register the phone number of have not been programmed into the game by me and thus will not work properly. None of them will call to rematch (I think) and none of them will do their special event.
So will you at least put that feature in beta 3 or not? Please do as some of them are very important NPCs you know
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:28 PM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

By the way, if this isn't too much of a bother, can you please, for fun, add in a Battle Frontier-ish place with the original Emerald Frontier Brains and Frontier Brains Theme (It's my 2nd favourite theme in all of Emerald)? And maybe get a passport or something from the old man on the SS Aqua (I think it was) after finding his granddaughter?
Old December 1st, 2012, 08:55 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Yeah none of them ever call for a rematch or event some times the rematch icon my appear near a trainers name but nothing happens if you try to battle them again.
The only calls you get so far are the 4 from elm (stolen pokemon,egg,team rocket and master ball) and 1 from mom if you dont take the running shoes.

Anyway i tried one of your latest patches and liked the bug fixes and the changes like the new music and the ability to use the bike in gatehouses thank you for that.

In my playthrough however i found 2 new bugs:

1. Weird letter in the Dialogue with 1 of the WISE TRIO Members who dont let you to go to the Tin Tower after you get the Badge from the Ecruteaks Gym
Sorry i dont have a pic because theres no option to take a screenshot with My Boy! Emu
2. This is a weird one, something is wrong with the Pokedex my starter wasnt registered and some pokemon that i saw wasnt either, when my cyndaquil evolved the quilava was registered and the pokemon from the odd egg was registeted too.
I was near in the end of the game and my pokedex only had like 10 pokemon registered as seen and 2 as catched...
And the pokemon data always changes after a while other pokemon get registeted as seen and other just dissapear idk what could be wrong all my emu settings are fine so i think something is wrong with the hack i never had this kind of bug with the older versions

And the Sunday bug is back again even on My Boy! emu, Its again Wednesday instead of Sunday and some of the npcs who give you items on different days of the week dont appear idk whats wrong with the Android Emus

Edit: Heres the dialogue with the weird letter:
We, the WISE TRIO, are the protectors of the legendery POKeMON.

Btw @mikethepokemaster i didnt got the bug you was talking about it must have been caused by cheats like Diego said n you could try VBA-M its better

Edit 2: The Pokedex bug appears on Gameboid aswell can anyone check if this happens with VBA-M

Last edited by Hound of Justice; December 1st, 2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Typos & Updates
Old December 1st, 2012, 01:38 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
So will you at least put that feature in beta 3 or not? Please do as some of them are very important NPCs you know
I hope I can, but don't take that as confirmation.
Quote:
By the way, if this isn't too much of a bother, can you please, for fun, add in a Battle Frontier-ish place with the original Emerald Frontier Brains and Frontier Brains Theme (It's my 2nd favourite theme in all of Emerald)? And maybe get a passport or something from the old man on the SS Aqua (I think it was) after finding his granddaughter?
That's the plan, once the rest of the game is done. Although since the Battle Tower is right off of Olivine, I don't think a passport would be needed.
Quote:
Yeah none of them ever call for a rematch or event some times the rematch icon my appear near a trainers name but nothing happens if you try to battle them again.
The only calls you get so far are the 4 from elm (stolen pokemon,egg,team rocket and master ball) and 1 from mom if you dont take the running shoes.

Anyway i tried one of your latest patches and liked the bug fixes and the changes like the new music and the ability to use the bike in gatehouses thank you for that.

In my playthrough however i found 2 new bugs:

1. Weird letter in the Dialogue with 1 of the WISE TRIO Members who dont let you to go to the Tin Tower after you get the Badge from the Ecruteaks Gym
Sorry i dont have a pic because theres no option to take a screenshot with My Boy! Emu
2. This is a weird one, something is wrong with the Pokedex my starter wasnt registered and some pokemon that i saw wasnt either, when my cyndaquil evolved the quilava was registered and the pokemon from the odd egg was registeted too.
I was near in the end of the game and my pokedex only had like 10 pokemon registered as seen and 2 as catched...
And the pokemon data always changes after a while other pokemon get registeted as seen and other just dissapear idk what could be wrong all my emu settings are fine so i think something is wrong with the hack i never had this kind of bug with the older versions

And the Sunday bug is back again even on My Boy! emu, Its again Wednesday instead of Sunday and some of the npcs who give you items on different days of the week dont appear idk whats wrong with the Android Emus

Edit: Heres the dialogue with the weird letter:
We, the WISE TRIO, are the protectors of the legendery POKeMON.

Btw @mikethepokemaster i didnt got the bug you was talking about it must have been caused by cheats like Diego said n you could try VBA-M its better

Edit 2: The Pokedex bug appears on Gameboid aswell can anyone check if this happens with VBA-M
Wow, my bad. The patch from a short time ago that enabled sprites to be seen from other maps screwed up the Pokédex... That has now been fixed and uploaded, as well as the small text bug with the Sages.

Also new in this update: inescapable Pokémon, new music (and Silver sprite) from tonti, and new Falkner overworld sprite from Retribution!
And now more in-depth:
Pokémon that were inescapable in Crystal (such as Suicune or the Pokémon in the Rocket Hideout) are now inescapable in CrystalDust!
New music from tonti includes the two Bug-Catching Contest themes and a new Goldenrod City theme! The Silver battle sprite has also been updated by him.
A new and not-crap Falkner overworld sprite, made by Retribution, makes its debut!

Please share your opinions on all the new things in the thread!
(Don't worry, Android testing coming soon)

My other resources:
My Website
Old December 1st, 2012, 02:23 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Wow that was very fast lmao!
I like the list of changes and fixes in the new patch ill try it today when my net gets faster i can barely open this page haha :D
I wonder how could the sprites cause the dex glitch 0.o
Can you give an example of a use of the sprites that can be seen from other maps?
Thanks again for fixing the Dex for a moment i thot that its another Android exclusive bug

Last edited by Hound of Justice; December 1st, 2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old December 1st, 2012, 02:52 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

ElitePokes, you forgot to mention Baboa in the Safari Zone. His calls are scripted after you meet him and he registers you.

But that was an addition to HG/SS and wasn't in the original Crystal. The question becomes whether diego is including the Safari Zone, in which case we have to account for this.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 1st, 2012, 03:04 PM
Shiny Zard
Call me Iroh.:Zard Collector:

If this was more of HG&SS or Crystal, I would still play it! But is this legit or not: I found a Shiny Magikarp on the first try in the lake of rage.
͡๏_͡๏
٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶
≧△≦
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:05 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

I was talking about the available phone calls you get in this hack and its based on Crystal not the remakes so i didnt forgot anything :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Zard View Post
If this was more of HG&SS or Crystal, I would still play it! But is this legit or not: I found a Shiny Magikarp on the first try in the lake of rage.
Ofc it is your very lucky and congrats the only shiny pokemon i had in this hack was the famous red gyarados and the shiny pokemon from odd eggs
Buy its ok since im just testing the betas id have to delete my saves anyway :D

Last edited by Hound of Justice; December 1st, 2012 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:38 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Wow that was very fast lmao!
I like the list of changes and fixes in the new patch ill try it today when my net gets faster i can barely open this page haha :D
I wonder how could the sprites cause the dex glitch 0.o
Can you give an example of a use of the sprites that can be seen from other maps?
Thanks again for fixing the Dex for a moment i thot that its another Android exclusive bug
It was because the address that the mod was using accidentally overwrote the Pokédex caught/seen locations.
And an example of that would be the border between Routes 38 and 39; you can see a Beauty from Route 39 and a Cooltrainer from Route 38. That, or Azalea and Route 33; you can see the Hiker from Azalea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
ElitePokes, you forgot to mention Baboa in the Safari Zone. His calls are scripted after you meet him and he registers you.

But that was an addition to HG/SS and wasn't in the original Crystal. The question becomes whether diego is including the Safari Zone, in which case we have to account for this.

Cyclone
I will not be having Baboa in the game, nor the Cianwood Safari Zone; you'll just have to wait and see for the Safari Zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Zard View Post
That Shiny Magikarp is legit, nice job! Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean by that first sentence.

Android mini-update released! The Android day of the week bug has now been fixed! :D

My other resources:
My Website
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:48 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

And i just sent a bug report to the My Boy Devs about that bug haha :D
Thanks for the fix man this bug was annoying n thnx for the example thats a cool feature
Ur a Bug Killing Machine :D
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:48 PM
patrick_20052005

Quote:
I hope I can, but don't take that as confirmation.

Also new in this update: inescapable Pokémon, new music (and Silver sprite) from tonti, and new Falkner overworld sprite from Retribution!
And now more in-depth:
Pokémon that were inescapable in Crystal (such as Suicune or the Pokémon in the Rocket Hideout) are now inescapable in CrystalDust!
New music from tonti includes the two Bug-Catching Contest themes and a new Goldenrod City theme! The Silver battle sprite has also been updated by him.
A new and not-crap Falkner overworld sprite, made by Retribution, makes its debut!

Please share your opinions on all the new things in the thread!
(Don't worry, Android testing coming soon)
great update, i'll see what i can do for the upcoming patches. i hope i can contribute to the changes of this hack.
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:51 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
And i just sent a bug report to the My Boy Devs about that bug haha :D
Thanks for the fix man this bug was annoying
Ur a Bug Killing Machine :D
Haha, thanks. It was a big problem on my part; the algorithms that I'd made to calculate the day of the week weren't exactly watertight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_20052005 View Post
great update, i'll see what i can do for the upcoming patches. i hope i can contribute to the changes of this hack.
That would be really nice! If anyone has anything they would like to add to the game, be it sprites, music, or what-have-you, feel free to contact me about it!

My other resources:
My Website
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:58 PM
patrick_20052005

Quote:
That would be really nice! If anyone has anything they would like to add to the game, be it sprites, music, or what-have-you, feel free to contact me about it!
you're welcome, i sent you a message, when i get to play the patch, i hope to send my feedback for the possible changes as well.
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:59 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Id love to have Pokemon following you like in the Remakes but i guess thats very hard to do :D
But can this be done at all?
Lol something like this but replace if with a Pokemon OW :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=UuQ_RbpeLPM

Last edited by Hound of Justice; December 1st, 2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:12 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
I have some questions regarding Kanto:

1) Are you going to keep the maps the same size as they were in FR/LG, or are you going to shrink them like G/S/C did? (hint: please don't shrink them)
2) Will Cerulean/Fuschia & Cinnabar actually have their correct music like in HG/SS, or are you going to just make them use the Viridian City music like G/S/C did? (hint: please let them have their correct music)
3) Will Cerulean Cave be included?
3a) If Cerulean Cave is included, will it use the Rocket Hideout music from FR/LG, or will it have generic Kanto cave music like in HG/SS?
4) Will Seafoam Islands be fully included (and by fully included, I don't mean just Blaine's Gym like in G/S/C, I mean Blaine's Gym AND the actual cave like in HG/SS)
4a) If Seafoam Islands is fully included, will it use Viridian Forest music like in R/B/Y & FR/LG, or will it use Ice Path music like in HG/SS?
5) Are you considering restoring Route 23, or at least adding an explanation as to why it magically disappeared?
6) Will the Kanto Safari Zone be included?
7) Will Viridian Forest be included?

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:20 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Id love to have Pokemon following you like in the Remakes but i guess thats very hard to do :D
But can this be done at all?
Lol something like this but replace if with a Pokemon OW :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=UuQ_RbpeLPM
It's not possible to do since nobody's figured out how to make a sprite follow you. Besides that, I would have to have every single sprite of every single Pokémon in the game, and I can't do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
I have some questions regarding Kanto: (Please be aware that my answers only represent the planned Kanto, as I haven't gotten there yet)

1) Are you going to keep the maps the same size as they were in FR/LG, or are you going to shrink them like G/S/C did? (hint: please don't shrink them) Sorry, they're being shrunk.
2) Will Cerulean/Fuschia & Cinnabar actually have their correct music like in HG/SS, or are you going to just make them use the Viridian City music like G/S/C did? (hint: please let them have their correct music) Sorry, they're having the same music as in GSC.
3) Will Cerulean Cave be included? Possibly.
3a) If Cerulean Cave is included, will it use the Rocket Hideout music from FR/LG, or will it have generic Kanto cave music like in HG/SS? I haven't even thought that far yet.
4) Will Seafoam Islands be fully included (and by fully included, I don't mean just Blaine's Gym like in G/S/C, I mean Blaine's Gym AND the actual cave like in HG/SS) Possibly.
4a) If Seafoam Islands is fully included, will it use Viridian Forest music like in R/B/Y & FR/LG, or will it use Ice Path music like in HG/SS? Again, still haven't gotten there.
5) Are you considering restoring Route 23, or at least adding an explanation as to why it magically disappeared? Not really, sorry.
6) Will the Kanto Safari Zone be included? No, the Safari Zone has been moved to the Sevii Islands.
7) Will Viridian Forest be included? If you mean as its own map, then no.
Responses in bold. I'm sorry that most of them aren't what you wanted to hear, but that's just the style of this remake.

My other resources:
My Website
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:41 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Too bad that would be very cool
Anyway my net is back to normal and i got the latest patch so bye im gna see you later haha
Oh and i forgot to ask about Magnemites do they hold Metal Coats in this hack?
In Crystal theres 8% chance to encounter 1 with metal coat i fought so many magnemites in this hack and used thief but never got any metal coat

Last edited by Hound of Justice; December 1st, 2012 at 05:03 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here