The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old November 23rd, 2012, 12:28 PM
PiemanFiddy's Avatar
PiemanFiddy
Spreader of the T-Virus
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida
Age: 22
Gender: Male

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Weltschmerz View Post
I don't exactly see what you arguing here...

The evidence I provided for shows only that legalization would decrease frequent marijuana use/number of users. If you click the link that I provided, it shows how Portugal's decriminalization of all drugs has led to a drop in their drug abuse rate. You hit the nail on the head... there is ALWAYS going to be people who abuse EVERYTHING. As it now, in its illegal state, the abuse rate of marijuana is a lot higher than it could be. Why? Because people are given scant information and shown only scare tactics. This leads them to search for a deeper truth, which also probably isn't true. Then they either form an opinion that denotes it as bad, or good, and it is most definitely something in between. As they don't have the proper info... they can't make an informed choice... and thus the abuse happens.

Legalizing it would ensure that those of who like following the law, that those of us who AREN'T criminals would be able to enjoy it safely. The small group that will still abuse it upon legalization is entirely irrelevant--that group exists with our without the legalization. The legalization provides only the way out for these people.

Companies producing the drugs would be the best way to ensure that they are safe. Regulations would, as they have with the alcohol and tobacco industries, make it illegal for the companies to give such misinformation about their products. They would have quality standards to meet etc. There would be all sorts of warnings as to what could happen with the use of the drug. The cold hard facts. Not the scare tactics... not someone playing it down... the fact. So that YOU could decide for YOURSELF.

Legalizing would only make the drug use safer. It would not lead to a "boom" in drug use, at least not on any reasonable grounds. And if it did... then they could pull the product of the shelf if the effects were too adverse. The federal government would also effectively disrupt the drug train if they were to do this... making it harder for the dealers on the street to make any money etc and they would slowly fade out of existence. I mean.. who would want to buy some risky drugs from the person down the street when you can go to the store and buy something clean and safe? I know I wouldn't.


Anyways... Colorado and Washington are just the beginning. Emancipation didn't happen over night, and neither will this.


1. I'm arguing that Marijuana should be Illegal. As I've mentioned in one of my last paragraphs/statements, It's going to be a substance that's engrossed in the same market as Alcohol and etc. I don't want this world to have another thing to worry about like DUI's and the such. It's just an unecessary risk.


2. You're telling me that legalizing Marijuana will DECREASE the number of users instead of Increasing it? That seems a little strange. But anyway, I kinda figured that there would be abusers of it since It's every man's dream to smoke pot. God knows why...


3. Right, but this isn't the same as those stupid "Drink Responsibly" bullcrap commercials. Weed can intoxicate the human mind MUCH faster than Alcohol can. (depending on the type/brand) ...and knowing that people will abuse it only makes the matters worse. What happens when people start driving under the influence of it? Marijuana is essentially just another excuse for Car Accidents for the people who abuse it.


4. Tobacco Companies and Breweries only say "You decide for yourself" to avoid responsibility of the people that buy their product. It is a blatant contradiction. Millions of people have died from the drugs themselves. Whether it be from Cancer or Liver Failure... or just from Car Accidents and such caused by the abuse of said drug.

Just because they think they can sign a paper to wish all their problems away, doesn't make them ANY less responsible for all those deaths. They willingly create a toxin, and sell it publicly, so they should have their own risks.

I don't want that to happen with Marijuana. You think Inspectors are going to make those information labels on the side of the product look any less threatening than It really is? Maybe not with Marijuana, but it's severely misleading with anything else.


5. The effects aren't adverse.. It's the actions the people take while they're under the influence of said drug. It's not safe, and as I mentioned before, It's just another car accident or misdemeanor waiting to happen. They might as well have recalled beer off the shelves when it went public, but of course, no one cared. You know.. millions of Domestic Violence calls, Black-outs leading to death, Car Accidents. I can't wait to 'laugh' at more of those stories.



6. If it becomes a legal drug among the entire country, then I'll really find myself to no longer belong in this country. I know America is 'land of the free', but that doesn't mean 'go around abusing Alcohol and Drugs and kill other people'. I just want everyone to live a healthy life instead of purchasing poison and making everyone around them feel more threatened.



So yeah. That was the point I'm trying to make. Marijuana should be Illegal. I don't care what the redditors, or the Potheads, or the Delinquents say, It's too risky, and we already have enough of that in this country.
__________________
"The entire world will be infected. A new Genesis is at hand and I will be the creator!"
Reply With Quote
  #52    
Old November 23rd, 2012, 01:05 PM
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
You do realize you can go buy a gun and shoot yourself in the head, right? Should it be the gun company's responsibility if they choose to do that, because they're selling a killing tool?

2 and 3: [citation needed]

Wanting everyone to "live a healthy life" is wanting everyone to adhere to your own moral code. Your moral code should not dictate the country's laws.
__________________
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Reply With Quote
  #53    
Old November 23rd, 2012, 01:12 PM
PiemanFiddy's Avatar
PiemanFiddy
Spreader of the T-Virus
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
You do realize you can go buy a gun and shoot yourself in the head, right? Should it be the gun company's responsibility if they choose to do that, because they're selling a killing tool?

2 and 3: [citation needed]

Wanting everyone to "live a healthy life" is wanting everyone to adhere to your own moral code. Your moral code should not dictate the country's laws.

Yeah. ...and you DO know there's a distinct difference between Suicide and Manslaughter right?

If this thread were about guns, I'd go on a completely different story, but as it stands, this is about Marijuana.

Living a Healthy life is a moral code I'm telling everyone to adhere to?

OH JESUS, God for bid I'm ever worried about the sanctity of other human beings and their lives and families. God for bid I'm worried that some random drunken stranger can completely ruin someones life... How dare I ever make such an offensive statement.

Please don't get me started. Whether it's a moral code or not, do you honestly think EVERYONE would disagree with that? Eat your vegetables, young man.
__________________
"The entire world will be infected. A new Genesis is at hand and I will be the creator!"
Reply With Quote
  #54    
Old November 23rd, 2012, 01:14 PM
von Weltschmerz
the first born unicorn
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiemanFiddy View Post
1. I'm arguing that Marijuana should be Illegal. As I've mentioned in one of my last paragraphs/statements, It's going to be a substance that's engrossed in the same market as Alcohol and etc. I don't want this world to have another thing to worry about like DUI's and the such. It's just an unecessary risk.
I still don't exactly get your point here. If you think smoking is too risky... then don't smoke??

Quote:
2. You're telling me that legalizing Marijuana will DECREASE the number of users instead of Increasing it? That seems a little strange. But anyway, I kinda figured that there would be abusers of it since It's every man's dream to smoke pot. God knows why...
Yes I am. If Portugal is a model for anything... then yes, it makes perfect sense. Also.. it is NOT ever man's dream to smoke pot. I smoke... but it is certainly not my "dream." The abusers come in because everything has the potential to be abused.

Quote:
3. Right, but this isn't the same as those stupid "Drink Responsibly" bullcrap commercials. Weed can intoxicate the human mind MUCH faster than Alcohol can. (depending on the type/brand) ...and knowing that people will abuse it only makes the matters worse. What happens when people start driving under the influence of it? Marijuana is essentially just another excuse for Car Accidents for the people who abuse it.
How is it not? Your claim is not only wrong... but also irrelevant. The rate at which the drug affects the body is different depending upon on how much you take at one time and your size. I could smoke three joints and take ten minute to smoke each of them. I'm not going to get very high. But if I poke a hole in the bottom of a beer can and "shotgun" a few of them... I'm going to get buzzed up very quickly. It also depends on what I'm smoking/drinking. Some marijuana has a higher THC concentration, some alcohol has a higher.. well.. alcohol concentration. All these factors would contribute to how fast and how "hard" the drug hits you. But like I said, it's irrelevant. It is illegal to drive drunk... it would be illegal to drive high. In neither case it is an "excuse" and the perpetrator would face legal punishment. And... People drive high now... that is already a problem... legalizing it would cause no change So... what point were you making here again?


Quote:
4. Tobacco Companies and Breweries only say "You decide for yourself" to avoid responsibility of the people that buy their product. It is a blatant contradiction. Millions of people have died from the drugs themselves. Whether it be from Cancer or Liver Failure... or just from Car Accidents and such caused by the abuse of said drug.

Just because they think they can sign a paper to wish all their problems away, doesn't make them ANY less responsible for all those deaths. They willingly create a toxin, and sell it publicly, so they should have their own risks.

I don't want that to happen with Marijuana. You think Inspectors are going to make those information labels on the side of the product look any less threatening than It really is? Maybe not with Marijuana, but it's severely misleading with anything else.
But... the people do decide for themselves. No one is forcing you to drink beer or smoke cigarettes, are they? Certainly not the company. Furthermore... I don't see what the dangers of tobacco and alcohol have to do with the legalization of marijuana.

What paper are you talking about? I know of no such paper. PLEASE send it my way... I'd like to sign up. That is the thing, though, they are not responsible for those deaths. To blame them for the deaths is to blame people who make guns for every person that was killed as a result of that gun. And that is just asinine. You can't blame the gunmaker for what someone decided to do with their gun just as you can't blame the drug maker for what someone decided to do with their drug. Furthermore... you could always trace it back to be the fault of someone else. For instance... it isn't the gunmaker faults, but the person who provided him with the metal to make the gun. Or it isn't the drug makers fault... but the people who supplied them with the materials to make the drug. You could shift the blame around however you want... but in the end: it comes down to YOU deciding to use that product in the first place. Yes. They willingly create a 'toxin'\'. But they do not force the toxin on you. What risk.. would they be facing anyway? I don't see a corporate risk here.

Would the inspectors make the drugs look better than they are? No? That isn't their job. They just make sure that the factories are producing drugs that meet the health standards set.

Quote:
5. The effects aren't adverse.. It's the actions the people take while they're under the influence of said drug. It's not safe, and as I mentioned before, It's just another car accident or misdemeanor waiting to happen. They might as well have recalled beer off the shelves when it went public, but of course, no one cared. You know.. millions of Domestic Violence calls, Black-outs leading to death, Car Accidents. I can't wait to 'laugh' at more of those stories.
As I said above... that would not happen. It would be illegal to drive while under the influence... OF ANYTHING. I don't exactly get what recalling beer has to do with anything. While it could be true of harder drugs... marijuana, tobacco etc. do not really affect our judgment skills. I could see the "domestic violence" issue only arising with alcohol and harder drugs. But guess what? It's already an issue. All these drugs that you seem to fear... are being taken... legal or not. The legality of such drugs would only go to ensure that people can get the proper help that they need. You know what happens when you arrest a drug addict? He goes to jail. You know what he does in jail to pass the time? More drugs! What a wonderful program that we have set up there.


Quote:
6. If it becomes a legal drug among the entire country, then I'll really find myself to no longer belong in this country. I know America is 'land of the free', but that doesn't mean 'go around abusing Alcohol and Drugs and kill other people'. I just want everyone to live a healthy life instead of purchasing poison and making everyone around them feel more threatened.
How? We aren't forcing you to use it. We aren't changing YOU in any way. We aren't taking away any of your freedoms... we aren't doing ANYTHING to you. You have a very absurd notion in your head. And it is either that all people who use drugs are terrible, nasty people who abuse it, OR that when drugs are illegal no one does them. I don't know which one so I don't know how to further respond to you.

Quote:
So yeah. That was the point I'm trying to make. Marijuana should be Illegal. I don't care what the redditors, or the Potheads, or the Delinquents say, It's too risky, and we already have enough of that in this country.
You are being EXTREMELY offensive again. Smoking weed does not make someone a "delinquent." I think it would be safe to assume that you have been fed your share of misinformation on marijuana--another a reason that it should be legalized, to prevent such travesties from occurring. You need to realize that taking a certain drug does not make someone bad.
__________________
Being wrong isn't "bad", failing to admit that you are, is.
Reply With Quote
  #55    
Old November 23rd, 2012, 01:15 PM
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
A person choosing to smoke themselves to death is committing suicide. Slow suicide, but suicide. Why is a person using a gun to kill themselves significantly different from a person using cigarettes to kill themselves, other than the time it takes to do it? What is your point here?

What does a random drunken stranger have to do with anything? Like you just said, this is about marijuana. Not alcohol.

I would appreciate it if you would actually try to use logic, as right now all you're doing is ranting and not making any real points. You also ignored my request for proof in two of your previous points. Are you just making things up in that case?

Edit: and I am a woman, as it says right next to my username. Please do not refer to me as a man. The gender is there for a reason.
__________________
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Reply With Quote
  #56    
Old November 23rd, 2012, 01:24 PM
von Weltschmerz
the first born unicorn
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiemanFiddy View Post
Living a Healthy life is a moral code I'm telling everyone to adhere to?

OH JESUS, God for bid I'm ever worried about the sanctity of other human beings and their lives and families. God for bid I'm worried that some random drunken stranger can completely ruin someones life... How dare I ever make such an offensive statement.

Please don't get me started. Whether it's a moral code or not, do you honestly think EVERYONE would disagree with that? Eat your vegetables, young man.
From what you are posting in this thread, yes. It is good that you care about other people. But it is up to those human beings and families to decide what to do with their lives, not you. And as I've said many times before... this "drunken" stranger exists with or without the law. And furthermore... the fact that we DO allow such things as this to happen is all the more reason to allow the same for marijuana

A government has to make a stance. They have to be either be for, or against something. When they start picking and choosing... the entire system falls apart.
__________________
Being wrong isn't "bad", failing to admit that you are, is.
Reply With Quote
  #57    
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Internet
We allow alcohol and tobacco, and alcohol sounds much worse, can ruin your liver and cause you to behave in ways you wouldnt ordinarily, even kill people. Tobacco harms people around you as well as yourself because of the smoke and we allow those to be legal. I dont know about marijuana, it seems silly to ban it when we allow those, but I dont know what effect it has on the body as Ive never smoked it. I figure there is a reason why it is illegal. I feel like allowing it is kindof a slippery slope. Will we then allow more dangerous drugs like Cocaine? Id be hesitant to allow another substance that can release smoke which other people can inhale if it's harmful in some way.
__________________
BMGf Ever Grande City
Reply With Quote
  #58    
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:27 AM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
Before I start my rant I'm gonna get this out the way. 1. Smoking marijuana is not committing suicide, just like drinking alcohol isn't considered commiting suicide. 2. Other narcotics like heroin, crack, oxy (any prescription pills for that matter), methamphetamine, etc is commiting suicide. Reason I say this is ONE shot of heroin can kill you, ONE line of blow can cause a heart attack, 1 prescription pill can kill you but it's not likely. Marijuana on the other hand WILL NOT kill you. It's literally IMPOSSIBLE to overdose on marijuana. You can smoke a pound in an hour and still won't die. Actually you would of smoked yourself sober by then. Marijuana's the safest "drug" you can put in your body, and I myself don't classify marijuana as a drug.

Now to get on topic. I don't necessarily believe marijuana should be legalized because that gives drug dealers the power to sell. I think if they legalize it, they control it and sell them it packs like cigarettes. Marijuana isn't dangerous at all but buying by drug dealers can be very dangerous, especially in larger cities. How do you not know the grower the dealer is selling for didn't lace it? True fact here, gang's in cities lace they're products about 85% of the time. In big city's like Chicago where I live that's a lot of laced chronic.

The gangs up here usually lace they're products with a liquid known as PCP. Don't know what it is, research it, all I gotta say is that IT WILL **** YOU UP AND CAN CAUSE A COMA OR DEATH. People that buy from these gang's actually don't know they're buying from gangs nor do they know that it is laced. Gang's mask it so well that you don't know your smoking PCP until you wake up in the hospital or never wake up again. Gang's recruit people to sell they're products, but they're arent in the gang, they're just making a little cash. So before you know it you got thousands of dealers selling laced marijuana.

So for my debat, it's kind of hard to say because gang's are still gonna be in the picture. It might die down a little if you can get them in cartons. It would also be a lot safer cos you know it's not gonna be laced. Before you go and quote my stuff, believe it or not, every city has gangs and in every city gang's sell marijuana or any other drugs. Laced weed isn't an issue in urban areas but is in cities or suburbs. I know about this because I know people that know people in gangs and they have told me they lace they're marijuana with PCP. Research gang's in general you will see that they all lace they're marijuana with something. It's not a rare thing, it's really common.
Reply With Quote
  #59    
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Lacing drugs happens when it's on the black market. If it was legalized it would be regulated by the FDA just like all other legal drugs. You never hear of cigarettes being laced with things that don't belong in them, because they're legal and regulated. Marijuana would be the same way. Why would gangs be in the picture once it's legalized? The reason it's sold on the streets from dealers now is because it's illegal to make a legit business around it. If it's legal, people make legit businesses, and people would frequent them because it would be safer than drug dealers. Your entire argument doesn't make sense. When was the last time you heard of the booming black market in cigarettes and alcohol, which are both legal to buy? There isn't one.
__________________
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Reply With Quote
  #60    
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:54 AM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
I was actually saying WHY it should be legalized cos it's more dangerous now than it would be. If it was legalized you wouldn't have laced marijuana all over the streets. How doesn't my post make no sense? Is it because your against the drug? It makes perfect sense. Marijuana isn't harmful until you buy it laced. That's what my whole debate was about. Even if it was legalized there would still be laced marijuana around but it would no longer be an issue. I know drugs being sold as business would be approved by the FDA that's why I said you wouldn't know it's laced so it's safe. The way I say things is to make people use they're brain more instead of jumping to conclusions, I make you think outside the box more. Maybe if you read it over again and pay attention you will see that this post as well is correct.
Reply With Quote
  #61    
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
You said "I don't necessarily think marijuana should be legalized". How is that supporting legalization? If you read the rest of the thread, I am pro-legalization. You said you were against it and then went on a rant about laced marijuana. If you're for it, it makes slightly more sense. Maybe next time if you're for legalization, don't specify that you're not for it?
__________________
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Reply With Quote
  #62    
Old November 25th, 2012, 11:03 AM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
But then I also said if it get legalized it would have to be controlled, did I not say that? When I said it shouldn't necessarily be legalized I mean it shouldn't be legalized until we got a plan for the legalization, instead of just saying, "Marijuana's legalized, you can now smoke without getting in trouble". Before you legalize something you gotta think of a plan first. I really don't know how to explain it.
Reply With Quote
  #63    
Old November 25th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Patchisou Yutohru's Avatar
Patchisou Yutohru
...
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Condale
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
Now to get on topic. I don't necessarily believe marijuana should be legalized because that gives drug dealers the power to sell. I think if they legalize it, they control it and sell them it packs like cigarettes. Marijuana isn't dangerous at all but buying by drug dealers can be very dangerous, especially in larger cities. How do you not know the grower the dealer is selling for didn't lace it? True fact here, gang's in cities lace they're products about 85% of the time. In big city's like Chicago where I live that's a lot of laced chronic.
I really don't think you'd need to worry about it, because the reason that it's sold by dealers and bought on the streets the way it is now is because they're illegal. If they were available as regularly as cigarettes, like you said, do you really think that drug dealers would has a business in the marijuana department, when they could just go to the nearest convenience store and purchase some? ... that's assuming that it's controlled like you suggested.

Also, I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of lacing, but if you're interested in buying from a dealer, you should really know something about them and have complete trust that they won't tamper with the product. If you don't have that, you shouldn't even consider buying from them.
Reply With Quote
  #64    
Old November 25th, 2012, 11:41 AM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
Usually the laced drugs get sold to teens or people that are just starting. I'm not gonna lie I smoke marijuana but I personally know the grower and he doesn't tamper it. I still believe there would be some sort of dealers for busniess around but not what it's like now. People that sell it do it mainly for the thrill of it being illegal and showing that if something is legalized it's still gonna get around. I think if it was legalized people wouldn't get a thrill from it anymore because you can go up to a head shop or gas station and buy it lol. (head shop isn't adult shop btw it's a store that sells pieces, bongs, bubblers, vaporizers, etc)

If I were to legalize it this is what I would do to stop transporting it or selling it on the streets, cos it would still exist. Even tho it's legalized if you get caught with a pound your going to jail. 1 Pound of marijuana is business whichever way you look at it. No ones just gonna carry around a pound in they're backpack to smoke. Now an oz on the other hand isn't enough to sell. Yea he could sell 28 grams but most people buy in 1/8, (3 grams) 1/4, (7 Grams) 2/4 (half an oz 14 grams)or oz's. (28 grams). So if it were to be legalized you should only carry up to an oz on you, no more than that is considered a crime.

I mainly think it should be legalized cos the govt. shouldn't worry about what were doing with our body's. Porn is somewhat considered prostituion cos they're getting payed lol, but it's they're choice to do what they want with they're body. Not to mention other drugs will kill you unlike this 7 leaf plant. Tobacco and alcohol are more dangerous than marijuana. Alcohol in moderation is ok, so marijuana in moderation should be okay. I smoke almost everyday and there's nothing wrong with me.
Reply With Quote
  #65    
Old November 25th, 2012, 01:15 PM
von Weltschmerz
the first born unicorn
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
As a "dealer," I can tell you the chances of getting laced marijuana are fairly slim. No one is going to waste a 60 dollar bag of blow to lace 5 bucks worth of pot. And since the prescription pills can go for at least 5 bucks a pop and youd need a lot more than one to even lace a couple of buds. Unless you just happen to have a lot of drugs lying around... youd go broke. Quick. It just doesnt happen. If they have an ulterior motive they might.... but that brings the discussion to a whole new area that we dont need to go into.

Edit: as for pcp... in liquid form... thats a couple hundo per oz. I dont know how much youd need to lace weed... but its still profit loss if your putting it on your weed and still selling it for the same price. When people lace cannabis with pcp is mostly so that THEY can smoke it. I know there are people who would and do lace it... but that minority is so small when it comes to marijuana.

Edit edit: and arresting people for having a pound... um what? No! Thats what were kind of fighting against. That would not be legalization. You cant chalk up the law to YOUR smoking habits. I could easily go through a pound in a day. Easily.

Also... i dont know anyone who sells because its "fun". They sell because they need the money....
__________________
Being wrong isn't "bad", failing to admit that you are, is.

Last edited by von Weltschmerz; November 25th, 2012 at 01:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #66    
Old November 26th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Magic's Avatar
Magic
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Gender: Male
I recently stumbled upon this news report by the BBC from earlier in the year. It mentioned a survey done by the british lung foundation, a charity which focus on lung health.

They have some interesting findings about the use of Marijuana on the lungs: Source Link
  • Risk of developing lung cancer is up to twenty times greater in a cannabis cigarette than in a tobacco cigarette – yet 88% of the public believe tobacco cigarettes pose the greater risk
  • A third of people believe cannabis does not harm your health - despite established scientific links to TB, acute bronchitis, lung cancer and other health problems

Furthermore:

Quote:
new research conducted for the report shows that public awareness of the health consequences of smoking cannabis remains worryingly low, with almost a third of the British population (32%) believing that smoking cannabis is not harmful to your health. This figure rises to almost 40% amongst those aged under-35 – the age-group most likely to have smoked it.
With such an established charity group supported by such findings (both scientific and social) perhaps some of you should rethink the damage cannabis can do to you.

Also,

Do you think it would be better to legalise Cannabis in the hope that these reports are wrong, or legalise it and find that actually it's a severe danger?

In my eyes it is far better to be cautious and do the testing before hand, from the looks of it the evidence of damage via cannabis smoking is pretty strong. If anything, I feel that Marijuana should be treated in the same way we deal with prescriptions drugs which may help us but have potentially dangerous side effects.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67    
Old November 26th, 2012, 09:35 PM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Weltschmerz View Post
As a "dealer," I can tell you the chances of getting laced marijuana are fairly slim. No one is going to waste a 60 dollar bag of blow to lace 5 bucks worth of pot. And since the prescription pills can go for at least 5 bucks a pop and youd need a lot more than one to even lace a couple of buds. Unless you just happen to have a lot of drugs lying around... youd go broke. Quick. It just doesnt happen. If they have an ulterior motive they might.... but that brings the discussion to a whole new area that we dont need to go into.
Yes I know marijuana isn't usually laced but when I live literally 5 min from the hood in W. Chicago, don't you think I'd hear about it? ALL THE WEED UP HERE IS LACED. It doesn't matter what strain it is, hell they even soak kush in PCP. Why? I don't know. Now if you get out of the hood and go to the other neighborhoods in W. Chicago your usually safe, but the hood, hood has laced weed everywhere. It's just the stuff they sell. Regular drug dealers, no it's not in they're interest to lace weed cos they're losing money. Gangs on the other hand don't care. They do it cos PCP is addicting not because it gets you higher. Not to mention I personally know people in the hood and they directly told me they lace they're weed.

Quote:
Edit: as for pcp... in liquid form... thats a couple hundo per oz. I dont know how much youd need to lace weed... but its still profit loss if your putting it on your weed and still selling it for the same price. When people lace cannabis with pcp is mostly so that THEY can smoke it. I know there are people who would and do lace it... but that minority is so small when it comes to marijuana.
PCP is cheap, cheap; compared to marijuana that is. They sell they're baggies for 30 bucks and it's kush soaked in PCP. They got "shake" weed which is also kush but kiefed of the THC and then dipped in PCP and they do .5 kush, .5 K2/spice for 20 bucks. That's just what they sell. The messed up thing is, they go down to DeKalb, IL where NIU is and they sell it to the college students. DeKalb is 60 mi from Chicago, so from Chicago through the suburbs to DeKalb there's laced weed everywhere.

Quote:
Edit edit: and arresting people for having a pound... um what? No! Thats what were kind of fighting against. That would not be legalization. You cant chalk up the law to YOUR smoking habits. I could easily go through a pound in a day. Easily.
I doubt you could honestly get a pound of purple kush and smoke it in a day. Maybe an oz or 2. Do you realize how much a pound is? A pound of good weed (kush) costs anwhere from $2,000 to $3,500. So no I doubt you can smoke that much in a day. Nobody's gonna go through a pound in a day, they're doing it to sell. Look at the numbers, that's a lot of cash. No matter which way you look at it, your in buisness when you have that much on you. You'd have to smoke a gram joint every minute to smoke a pound. Wanna know would happen about 3 hours into that? Your throat would burn so bad that you couldn't smoke anymore and tear up your throat, or you'd pass out.

Actually I guarantee you, you can't smoke a pound easily. You know how idiotic that sounded? It's physically IMPOSSIBLE to smoke a pound of dro by yourself. 5 people couldn't even go through half that in a day. Now if you said oz, I would believe you but a pound, na dude it's impossible. Don't quote back saying that you can and to start a flame war cos I know what I'm talking about. I've been smoking for 4 years now and that's just WAY too much smoke to inhale, PERIOD. No if, and, or but's about it IMPOSSIBLE.

Quote:
Also... i dont know anyone who sells because its "fun". They sell because they need the money....
As I said eariler, regular dealers up here don't. It's the street gangs. Also, street gangs don't sell it cos they need money. Wanna know why they sell it? They don't wanna get shot. If you disobey your hood leader he's gonna shoot you cos he thinks your gonna rat him out. I personally know people in street gangs up here and they want the hell out. They can't get out cos they'll get shot. Once you join there's no way out. They also sell it to take over more hoods. They wanna send OTHER street gangs OOB. Street gangs are filthy rich, they're driving around $250,000 cars. So no they don't sell cos they need money. You wouldn't understand what I'm talking about unless you lived at the edge of the hood. Theres even a couple G's in my neighborhood. I gotta watch what color I wear or I may be mistaked for a Vice Lord, Black Mafia, Latin King, or Folk for my colors even tho I'm white. I know this has nothing to do with the discussion I'm just tellin you there's laced weed out cos I live so close to the hood.


Even though you'd pass out trying to smoke a pound it's still not overdosing. Your gonna wake right up without any harm. Your gonna feel like crap but nothing "bad" is gonna happen. If you tried to pop a bottle of prescription pills, then ya you'd die, or you'd end up in the hospital with a tube coming out your stomach. Heroin, too much will kill you, PERIOD, END OF DISCUSSION. Too much blow may kill you. BUT too much marijuana will not kill you nor harm you.

Another reason I believe it should be legalized is 1. It relieves stress, anxiety, any mental disorders, and appetite loss. It even helps people with insomnia sleep. So in comparison what's safer; marijuana or Xanax? Xanax is used for anxiety but highly addicting but marijuana does the same thing but not addicting. 2. It relieves pain, it doesn't completely get rid of it but it helps. Which is safer; Vicodin or marijuana? Marijuana, too much vicodin can kill and it's highly addicting as well. It's clear marijuana is the safest alternative to stress, appetite, anxiety, mental disorders, insomnia, etc.

Last edited by ShinyUmbreon189; November 26th, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #68    
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:28 PM
von Weltschmerz
the first born unicorn
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
Yes I know marijuana isn't usually laced but when I live literally 5 min from the hood in W. Chicago, don't you think I'd hear about it? ALL THE WEED UP HERE IS LACED. It doesn't matter what strain it is, hell they even soak kush in PCP. Why? I don't know. Now if you get out of the hood and go to the other neighborhoods in W. Chicago your usually safe, but the hood, hood has laced weed everywhere. It's just the stuff they sell. Regular drug dealers, no it's not in they're interest to lace weed cos they're losing money. Gangs on the other hand don't care. They do it cos PCP is addicting not because it gets you higher. Not to mention I personally know people in the hood and they directly told me they lace they're weed.
Wait... what? You contradicted yourself... again.


Quote:
PCP is cheap, cheap; compared to marijuana that is. They sell they're baggies for 30 bucks and it's kush soaked in PCP. They got "shake" weed which is also kush but kiefed of the THC and then dipped in PCP and they do .5 kush, .5 K2/spice for 20 bucks. That's just what they sell. The messed up thing is, they go down to DeKalb, IL where NIU is and they sell it to the college students. DeKalb is 60 mi from Chicago, so from Chicago through the suburbs to DeKalb there's laced weed everywhere.
Then you must be getting a REALLY small sack of weed. And are, in either case, being ripped off.

Quote:
I doubt you could honestly get a pound of purple kush and smoke it in a day. Maybe an oz or 2. Do you realize how much a pound is? A pound of good weed (kush) costs anwhere from $2,000 to $3,500. So no I doubt you can smoke that much in a day. Nobody's gonna go through a pound in a day, they're doing it to sell. Look at the numbers, that's a lot of cash. No matter which way you look at it, your in buisness when you have that much on you. You'd have to smoke a gram joint every minute to smoke a pound. Wanna know would happen about 3 hours into that? Your throat would burn so bad that you couldn't smoke anymore and tear up your throat, or you'd pass out
I smoke at least an eighth every day, most times nearly an oz. And that is only to get high for a couple of hours. All by myself. If want to get me AND a few friends high... then that pound is gonna go quick. If I want to get super high.... I can smoke a good oz or two in one sit down session. With five friends who can match it... that's already 3/4s of the whole pound smoked in just one sit down. That'll get me high pretty much all day... which would lead to an all-nighter in which I throw a party and smoke the other 4 oz with whoever shows up. Tell me... where is the business in that?

Also.... you gettin' ripped off fool. I can get a pound for $1500 any day of the week. I can get $60 oz, $5 eighths... And it is ALL chronic.

Quote:
Actually I guarantee you, you can't smoke a pound easily. You know how idiotic that sounded? It's physically IMPOSSIBLE to smoke a pound of dro by yourself. 5 people couldn't even go through half that in a day. Now if you said oz, I would believe you but a pound, na dude it's impossible. Don't quote back saying that you can and to start a flame war cos I know what I'm talking about. I've been smoking for 4 years now and that's just WAY too much smoke to inhale, PERIOD. No if, and, or but's about it IMPOSSIBLE.
Dude... I've been smoking for just about the same time as you have. And who said I'd be doing it alone? Your claims have no logic. How can you determine the smoking habits of anyone? Do you have any validity for your claim? Can you explain to me how it is impossible? Sorry if I don't got 'dem little baby lungs like you do... I guess that's what growing up in the ET does for you.

And you know... even if I don't wanna get stoned off my ass... if I had 16 friends.. that's an oz each. 32? Half an oz each. 64? 1/4 an oz! 128? Well hey... that's just an eighth. And I'm not selling it to them.... I'm giving it to them. I'm smoking it with them. You dig?
Quote:
As I said eariler, regular dealers up here don't. It's the street gangs. Also, street gangs don't sell it cos they need money. Wanna know why they sell it? They don't wanna get shot. If you disobey your hood leader he's gonna shoot you cos he thinks your gonna rat him out. I personally know people in street gangs up here and they want the hell out. They can't get out cos they'll get shot. Once you join there's no way out. They also sell it to take over more hoods. They wanna send OTHER street gangs OOB. Street gangs are filthy rich, they're driving around $250,000 cars. So no they don't sell cos they need money. You wouldn't understand what I'm talking about unless you lived at the edge of the hood. Theres even a couple G's in my neighborhood. I gotta watch what color I wear or I may be mistaked for a Vice Lord, Black Mafia, Latin King, or Folk for my colors even tho I'm white. I know this has nothing to do with the discussion I'm just tellin you there's laced weed out cos I live so close to the hood.
Someone's been watching Gangland...

Quote:
Even though you'd pass out trying to smoke a pound it's still not overdosing. Your gonna wake right up without any harm. Your gonna feel like crap but nothing "bad" is gonna happen. If you tried to pop a bottle of prescription pills, then ya you'd die, or you'd end up in the hospital with a tube coming out your stomach. Heroin, too much will kill you, PERIOD, END OF DISCUSSION. Too much blow may kill you. BUT too much marijuana will not kill you nor harm you.
You'd pass out before you could overdose, yeah. But that doesn't mean that you can't overdose. You can. It would just be extremely difficult--you'd have to be trying, pretty much. And even then... you'd have to shoot up like pure thc in a syringe or some crazy **** like that.

Quote:
Another reason I believe it should be legalized is 1. It relieves stress, anxiety, any mental disorders, and appetite loss. It even helps people with insomnia sleep. So in comparison what's safer; marijuana or Xanax? Xanax is used for anxiety but highly addicting but marijuana does the same thing but not addicting. 2. It relieves pain, it doesn't completely get rid of it but it helps. Which is safer; Vicodin or marijuana? Marijuana, too much vicodin can kill and it's highly addicting as well. It's clear marijuana is the safest alternative to stress, appetite, anxiety, mental disorders, insomnia, etc.
If anything.. the fact that we have FDA approved medicines to treat the things that marijuana does is all the more reason to keep marjuana banned.

@Swiftsign: I'm going to do some serious research about this research and I'll get back to you. And to answer your question... I think that cannabis should be legalized regardless of the validity of the research. True or false... it shouldn't be up to anyone but me what I put in my body. Smoking literal grass has no benefits... but I would not be stopped from doing that. As I said before... the government can't be one foot in, one foot out... they need to pick a side of the fence and stay on that side. No double standards. No special exemptions or allowances... nothing. They need to resist corruption that destroys the entire system by picking and choosing what they like simply based on their own ill-preference.
__________________
Being wrong isn't "bad", failing to admit that you are, is.
Reply With Quote
  #69    
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:15 PM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Weltschmerz View Post
Wait... what? You contradicted yourself... again.



Then you must be getting a REALLY small sack of weed. And are, in either case, being ripped off.



I smoke at least an eighth every day, most times nearly an oz. And that is only to get high for a couple of hours. All by myself. If want to get me AND a few friends high... then that pound is gonna go quick. If I want to get super high.... I can smoke a good oz or two in one sit down session. With five friends who can match it... that's already 3/4s of the whole pound smoked in just one sit down. That'll get me high pretty much all day... which would lead to an all-nighter in which I throw a party and smoke the other 4 oz with whoever shows up. Tell me... where is the business in that?

Also.... you gettin' ripped off fool. I can get a pound for $1500 any day of the week. I can get $60 oz, $5 eighths... And it is ALL chronic.



Dude... I've been smoking for just about the same time as you have. And who said I'd be doing it alone? Your claims have no logic. How can you determine the smoking habits of anyone? Do you have any validity for your claim? Can you explain to me how it is impossible? Sorry if I don't got 'dem little baby lungs like you do... I guess that's what growing up in the ET does for you.

And you know... even if I don't wanna get stoned off my ass... if I had 16 friends.. that's an oz each. 32? Half an oz each. 64? 1/4 an oz! 128? Well hey... that's just an eighth. And I'm not selling it to them.... I'm giving it to them. I'm smoking it with them. You dig?


Someone's been watching Gangland...



You'd pass out before you could overdose, yeah. But that doesn't mean that you can't overdose. You can. It would just be extremely difficult--you'd have to be trying, pretty much. And even then... you'd have to shoot up like pure thc in a syringe or some crazy **** like that.


If anything.. the fact that we have FDA approved medicines to treat the things that marijuana does is all the more reason to keep marjuana banned.

@Swiftsign: I'm going to do some serious research about this research and I'll get back to you. And to answer your question... I think that cannabis should be legalized regardless of the validity of the research. True or false... it shouldn't be up to anyone but me what I put in my body. Smoking literal grass has no benefits... but I would not be stopped from doing that. As I said before... the government can't be one foot in, one foot out... they need to pick a side of the fence and stay on that side. No double standards. No special exemptions or allowances... nothing. They need to resist corruption that destroys the entire system by picking and choosing what they like simply based on their own ill-preference.
Whatever dude, your not foolin anyone with your lies I'm not gonna try arguing with you cos I know for a fact your lying.

Anyways, the 2 or 3 states marijuana is legalized in allow a maximum of 1 ounce. Imo that's plenty enough when it's legalized. Yes, they may not allow you to carry more than an oz but it's still legalizing it. They can smoke it without gettin arrested and stuff and an oz is plenty enough to smoke a group up with. I think they did the right thing with once oz cos a pound is just way too much to carry on a person. They made it an oz for a reason. Nobody can just afford to buy a pound unless they're selling it. Even if they legalized a max of a pound on you and say you threw a party and 20 ppl showed up. You'd still have over half of that pound left even if they were the high times contest smokers there smoking. I wouldn't have a problem if every state legalized up to an ounce baggie on someone. Like I said that's plenty enough, that's a whole sandwich bag full of nothing but marijuana, top to bottom of the bag.
Reply With Quote
  #70    
Old November 28th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Counterfeit's Avatar
Counterfeit
 
Community Supporter Tier 5
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
@von Weltschmerz If you are indeed telling the truth about how much you smoke, either your tolerance is ridiculously high or you are getting some extremely low quality bud.

Either way it is you who is being ripped off; You shouldn't need to smoke anywhere near that much, and even if you did you should be staying high for much longer than a couple of hours.

SWIM smokes every day and makes 3.5g of bud last a month. He smokes one half filled bowl of ground material in his pipe to achieve a fantastic high that lasts for upwards of 2 hours.
__________________
eram quod es, eris quod sum

Last edited by Counterfeit; November 28th, 2012 at 07:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #71    
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:55 AM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
I smoke a 1/8 every 2 or 3 days, but 1 hit knocks me on my ass but that's cos it's 24% thc. If you are indeed smoking that much like Counterfeit said, then your getting really low quality bud or gettinh ripped off hard. Your probably mistaking an ouce for a pound. Tbh nobody's got a tolerance high enough to smoke a pound in a day not even half a pound in a day, not even Wiz Khalifa; and everyone knows he smokes a ridiculous amount of bud. Wiz MAY go through 1 - 1.5 oz alone MAX. He smokes all day too so you saying you smoke a pound don't fool anyone, it just doesn't sound right. The most I've smoked in a day was close to an oz and I didn't quit at all, there was 4 oz to 3 people. Everyone smoked the same amount but we didn't finish it and we were rollin, rollin, rollin, rollin. If it's chronic your smoking; that a pound goes through quick then you must be Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa, and Dr. Dre in one person. I doubt they go through that much in a day, even if they were all smoking at the same time.

I'm not arguing with you I'm just saying how I know your lying and backing my answer up, once again your not fooling anyone but yourself. No one's gonna believe you. Even if you smoke an ounce a day you need to lay off cos that's still a lot of weed. It's still not dangerous but that much weed in a day will end up being dangerous if you rolling joints or blunts. It's not the weed that's dangerous it's the paper.

Edit: I helped but to notice your claiming bud pricing. That's also another lie cos NO ONE gives out an ounce of chronic for $60. 1 gram of true high quality bud costs anywhere from $10-30 depending on dealer, any cheaper it's not high quality or your gettin ripped off a gram and it's prob a half gram. An ounce is 28 grams dude, do the math. 1/8 usually costs anywhere from $45-75 depending on the dealer, quarter $120-175 depending on dealer and an ounce is anywhere from $500-600 depending on dealer, sometimes more. So a pound is over $2500 if it's high quality. Regular weed only costs $100 for an ounce and it takes a whole quarter to even get lots of people buzzin good. So your gettin ripped off and it's not chronic. Again NOBODY sells an ounce of chronic for $60 bucks, they're losing over 400 bucks dude. Even growers don't sell it that low they MAYBE sell it for $300 minimum. Also where you gonna get a pound anyways? You either gotta grow it yourself, jack it from someone growing it, or you got it for $1000 and you owe them $2,000. It just makes no sense.

Oh and for the record I messed up my math... A pound of true chronic costs over 8 grand dude, no joke. Do the math, if you have to, I'll even give you the numbers...... On average a gram is 20 so gram 20 x how many grams in an ounce 28 = 560 x ounces in a pound 16 = $8,960

20 x 16 x 28

Now that's business right there, guaranteed. No ones gonna buy a pound to smoke, $8,000 can buy a newer car dude.

Edit 2: Put this in your pipe and smoke it. I'm gonna use nothing but logic and common sense. So your tellin' me that you get 1/8 of an oz of chronic for $5 correct? 1/8 of an oz is 3 grams. So your tellin me that 1 gram of your chronic costs $1.70? That's bizzare dude, your obviously lying. No bud is $1.70 not even the crappiest bud. Dank, dank, cost's 20 a gram but sometimes 10 a gram if your friends with the dealer or he's just being nice. Wanna know why it costs that much? The grower is there all day treating it, to get the best quality. You don't gotta always be treating dirt weed cos it's growing in the ground. Chronic, dro, dank, kush, whatever you wanna call it requires lots of patience, time, and money to handle. They can easily be killed so the grower is constantly watching over it and treating it. That's why it costs so much. A grower isn't gonna sell his product he worked 6 weeks minimum on, for $1500 for a pound. He probably spends close to 2 grand for the materials every growing season. So I see no logic in your responses cos I just took the time to do the math, explain WHY it's so high, and using logic of my own to back up my response.

If your truely getting an 1/8 for $5 bucks then it's not chronic and that's a guarantee, I already gave you the prices for chronic and goes for everywhere on this planet. Nowhere on this planet has potent weed that cheap. So NO I'm not gettin ripped off your the one trying to sound like a hotshot for some reason, while I'm here stating the facts. Look at how many likes my post already has dude.

As for how is it impossible to smoke a pound in a day, even with 5-10 people if not more. No matter what type of bud you got, how potent, etc your throat can't handle that much weed in a 24 hour time period. Many people have tried and they ended up passing out. Why? It's simple, your lungs and throat can't handle that large of an intake of smoke, were not gorillas dude; were human beings. My lungs are not weak for your information I just don't choose to smoke an ounce a day cos it costs so much, and it doesn't make me cool or a true smoker. A true smoker only smokes around a gram a day to themselves. An ounce is just stupid. Plus nobody's gonna smoke up 100+ friends like you said, cos you don't have that many friends. I don't nobody's got that many friends to smoke up. 4 people can't smoke a pound, 8 people can't smoke a pound, 16 people MAYBE be able to smoke a pound. Smoking isn't a contest dude, nobody smokes that much marijuana in a day. So your gonna need over 60+ people to smoke a pound in a day, that's if it's chronic. Nobody but you I guess feels the need to claim they smoke a pound in a day or even an ounce a day. The only people that even smoke an ounce a day are dealers but they usually don't, growers don't even smoke that much; even though they got pounds to smoke to themselves. You got no logic at all.

So imma fire it back at you. You dig?

Last edited by ShinyUmbreon189; November 28th, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #72    
Old December 1st, 2012, 01:02 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗'s Avatar
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Well, the way I see it, there's negative and positive points to the legalization. The uses of hemp are good one of the upsides.

But there already are people drinking and driving as it is. Do we really need something like that to be legalized that would probably cause more problems with that? :T

I think the age should be 21. If a person is still willing to buy and use it at that age, then so be it. It's their problem.

Does anyone else think that perhaps there should be a limit on how much could be bought in a certain amount of time?
__________________
I am in the process of leaving PC and IRC channels associated with it.
If you wish to contact me, this is my channel:
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.systemnet.info&channel=%23SableyeCorner
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Reply With Quote
  #73    
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:00 PM
von Weltschmerz
the first born unicorn
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
-snip- Nobody can just afford to buy a pound unless they're selling it. Even if they legalized a max of a pound on you and say you threw a party and 20 ppl showed up. You'd still have over half of that pound left even if they were the high times contest smokers there smoking.
Who says that? Not everyone has the same financial setting as you. I know a handful of people who only buy by the pound. Secondly... who says I even have to buy? I know plenty of people who grow--I help them grow. And you know what they give me? Bud. And a lot of it. From a lot of people.

Again... you can't call anything out on the smoking habits of anyone. A pound is 16 oz. We'd have to smoke less than oz each to smoke that all up. We won't do it all at once... but we're still gonna get finished by the end of the night dude. I mean... if we were trying to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
@von Weltschmerz If you are indeed telling the truth about how much you smoke, either your tolerance is ridiculously high or you are getting some extremely low quality bud.

Either way it is you who is being ripped off; You shouldn't need to smoke anywhere near that much, and even if you did you should be staying high for much longer than a couple of hours.

SWIM smokes every day and makes 3.5g of bud last a month. He smokes one half filled bowl of ground material in his pipe to achieve a fantastic high that lasts for upwards of 2 hours.
Some of the people I know that grow sell to the clubs... and I'm pretty sure that they don't buy no dirt weed. But yeah... my tolerance is pretty high. And the bud I get is all good... haha. Who says I need to smoke that much?? I don't... I just like getting super high, aha. And if your buddy over there is gettin' high off a half-filled bowl then his tolerance is [i] ridiculously[i] low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
I smoke a 1/8 every 2 or 3 days, but 1 hit knocks me on my ass but that's cos it's 24% thc. If you are indeed smoking that much like Counterfeit said, then your getting really low quality bud or getting ripped off hard. Your probably mistaking an ouce for a pound. Tbh nobody's got a tolerance high enough to smoke a pound in a day not even half a pound in a day, not even Wiz Khalifa; and everyone knows he smokes a ridiculous amount of bud. Wiz MAY go through 1 - 1.5 oz alone MAX.[/quiz]
Wiz is an idiot who also pays WAY too much for his weed. And sorry... but I'm not THAT stupid. I know the difference between an oz and a pound... Firstly... as has already been said... my tolerance is pretty high. Secondly... no one said that I wasn't going to be stoned beyond comprehension.
Quote:
He smokes all day too so you saying you smoke a pound don't fool anyone, it just doesn't sound right. The most I've smoked in a day was close to an oz and I didn't quit at all, there was 4 oz to 3 people. Everyone smoked the same amount but we didn't finish it and we were rollin, rollin, rollin, rollin. If it's chronic your smoking; that a pound goes through quick then you must be Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa, and Dr. Dre in one person. I doubt they go through that much in a day, even if they were all smoking at the same time.
I don't smoke a pound. And I didn't say that I do. I said that could and even then, I was talking in terms of having some of my buddies to help me. And... I'm sorry that you and your friends don't know how to smoke like me and mine do. Like I said...
I'm not arguing with you I'm just saying how I know your lying and backing my answer up, once again your not fooling anyone but yourself. No one's gonna believe you. Even if you smoke an ounce a day you need to lay off cos that's still a lot of weed. It's still not dangerous but that much weed in a day will end up being dangerous if you rolling joints or blunts. It's not the weed that's dangerous it's the paper.

Quote:
Edit: I helped but to notice your claiming bud pricing. That's also another lie cos NO ONE gives out an ounce of chronic for $60. 1 gram of true high quality bud costs anywhere from $10-30 depending on dealer, any cheaper it's not high quality or your gettin ripped off a gram and it's prob a half gram. An ounce is 28 grams dude, do the math. 1/8 usually costs anywhere from $45-75 depending on the dealer, quarter $120-175 depending on dealer and an ounce is anywhere from $500-600 depending on dealer, sometimes more. So a pound is over $2500 if it's high quality. Regular weed only costs $100 for an ounce and it takes a whole quarter to even get lots of people buzzin good. So your gettin ripped off and it's not chronic. Again NOBODY sells an ounce of chronic for $60 bucks, they're losing over 400 bucks dude. Even growers don't sell it that low they MAYBE sell it for $300 minimum. Also where you gonna get a pound anyways? You either gotta grow it yourself, jack it from someone growing it, or you got it for $1000 and you owe them $2,000. It just makes no sense.
It's not just a "claim" it's true... Like I said... I live in the Emerald Triangle. The weed up here is nothing but dank and hella cheap. Plus on top of that... I grow with the people who I buy from. So they hook me up. All the time. You aren't using logic here. How can you say no one is giving an oz out for 60 when I know plenty of people who are? Just because YOU wouldn't do that or YOU don't know anyone who does doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Obviously enough, different locations run different prices. Which I suppose could make it profitable for the "G's" in your area to lace their weed. I get an eighth for $20 on a bad day. We don't do any of that scale ****, either. So yeah, sometimes I probably get a little under what I pay for.. but other times I get a whole lot more. We just grab it by the handfuls, dude.

Quote:
Oh and for the record I messed up my math... A pound of true chronic costs over 8 grand dude, no joke. Do the math, if you have to, I'll even give you the numbers...... On average a gram is 20 so gram 20 x how many grams in an ounce 28 = 560 x ounces in a pound 16 = $8,960

20 x 16 x 28

Now that's business right there, guaranteed. No ones gonna buy a pound to smoke, $8,000 can buy a newer car dude.
I would NEVER buy a gram. NEVER. That is just dumb as hell. If I was fiending that badly... I'd just have my friends kick me some. And they'd ALL give me A LOT more than a gram.

Quote:
Edit 2: Put this in your pipe and smoke it. I'm gonna use nothing but logic and common sense. So your tellin' me that you get 1/8 of an oz of chronic for $5 correct? 1/8 of an oz is 3 grams. So your tellin me that 1 gram of your chronic costs $1.70? That's bizzare dude, your obviously lying.
I'm lying... because YOU think it is bizarre? Last time I checked... you didn't rule the Universe. And yeah... I could pretty much get a gram for a dollar. My homies brush a gram off their lap when they roll blunts, lol.

Quote:
No bud is $1.70 not even the crappiest bud. Dank, dank, cost's 20 a gram but sometimes 10 a gram if your friends with the dealer or he's just being nice. Wanna know why it costs that much? The grower is there all day treating it, to get the best quality. You don't gotta always be treating dirt weed cos it's growing in the ground. Chronic, dro, dank, kush, whatever you wanna call it requires lots of patience, time, and money to handle. They can easily be killed so the grower is constantly watching over it and treating it. That's why it costs so much. A grower isn't gonna sell his product he worked 6 weeks minimum on, for $1500 for a pound. He probably spends close to 2 grand for the materials every growing season. So I see no logic in your responses cos I just took the time to do the math, explain WHY it's so high, and using logic of my own to back up my response.
My friends aren't just with the dealer/grower... my friends ARE the dealers/growers. Some of them, anyway. I don't see any logic here, really. Your logic is "X is right because I think so."

YOU might not sell your product for 1500... but I know people who would and do. If he is spending that much on supplies... he has a really bad head for business. That is SO MUCH MORE than you need to spend.

Quote:
If your truely getting an 1/8 for $5 bucks then it's not chronic and that's a guarantee, I already gave you the prices for chronic and goes for everywhere on this planet. Nowhere on this planet has potent weed that cheap. So NO I'm not gettin ripped off your the one trying to sound like a hotshot for some reason, while I'm here stating the facts. Look at how many likes my post already has dude.
How can you say that? Tell me. Do you have a source? Do you have any evidence to support such a blatantly wrong claim?

Quote:
Why? It's simple, your lungs and throat can't handle that large of an intake of smoke, were not gorillas dude; were human beings. My lungs are not weak for your information I just don't choose to smoke an ounce a day cos it costs so much, and it doesn't make me cool or a true smoker. A true smoker only smokes around a gram a day to themselves. An ounce is just stupid. Plus nobody's gonna smoke up 100+ friends like you said, cos you don't have that many friends. I don't nobody's got that many friends to smoke up. 4 people can't smoke a pound, 8 people can't smoke a pound, 16 people MAYBE be able to smoke a pound. Smoking isn't a contest dude, nobody smokes that much marijuana in a day. So your gonna need over 60+ people to smoke a pound in a day, that's if it's chronic. Nobody but you I guess feels the need to claim they smoke a pound in a day or even an ounce a day. The only people that even smoke an ounce a day are dealers but they usually don't, growers don't even smoke that much; even though they got pounds to smoke to themselves. You got no logic at all.

So imma fire it back at you. You dig?
Okay? Even following your logic that we can't intake that much smoke... all we have to do is increase the divisor and that problem is simplified. You know what a true smoker does? He doesn't pick at the habits of other smokers like he is some kind of professional. A "true" smoker lives and lets live. It's as simple as that.

And no... I don't dig. I don't see how you provided any more validity to your claims. You're just breathing hot air
__________________
Being wrong isn't "bad", failing to admit that you are, is.
Reply With Quote
  #74    
Old December 1st, 2012, 07:37 PM
Livewire's Avatar
Livewire
でんきタイプ
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunyshore City
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Alright guys, the thread isn't for posting your habits for the world to see. Get back to debating the legality and such from earlier posts, please.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #75    
Old December 1st, 2012, 07:54 PM
Brynjolf's Avatar
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The Ragged Flagon
Gender: Female
In all honesty, I think it should be legal.

Think about it. Marijuana doesn't hurt anyone. It should be legalized for recreational purposes, at least. Half the people at my school have smoked it at least once and they say it's one of the best things they've ever done because it helped them calm down so much. I dunno.
__________________
Are you sure you want to play this game?
I'm afraid you'd lose
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.