The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Drawing Contest Theme!
Legendary Water Types 10 30.30%
Starters 17 51.52%
Best Of [insert region] 11 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 21st, 2012, 03:51 PM
Lifesolstice
Magikarp Tail

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
Name: LifeSolstice
2 Partner Pokemon: Swampert (ULiek) & Vaporeon (Tsunami)
Why do you want to swim with us?: I really have a passion for water and normal types. Of the eeveelutions Vaporeon is my favorite, so when I saw a Water-fan club I had to join!
Are there any current Water type Pokemon you'd see likely to gain a new stage in their line in the future generations? If not, are there any you'd like to get one? New stage counts for both pre-evolutions and evolutions. Personally, I really want Magikarp to have an evolution in-between it and Gyarados. It's a tiny little struggling fish that evolves into a huge powerful lake-monster thing. I know there must be a joke to that, but still.

Last edited by Lifesolstice; November 21st, 2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Forgot to fill in the "Why".
Old November 21st, 2012, 04:41 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
While I'm not a huge competitive battler, I still think that Bibarel is nothing better than an HM slave. Maybe a new evo would make him like the equivilant of an Azumarill, but probably nothing more. Unless they went all out and made him have stats equivilant to Arceus or something.
Biberal isnt as useless as ya make out :\. He has a viable Simple set along with curse. Each time he uses curse its the same as a swords dance and iron defence in one. On a trick room team he could really do some damage in NU(for the most part)
Old November 22nd, 2012, 07:43 PM
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifesolstice View Post
Name: LifeSolstice
2 Partner Pokemon: Swampert (ULiek) & Vaporeon (Tsunami)
Why do you want to swim with us?: I really have a passion for water and normal types. Of the eeveelutions Vaporeon is my favorite, so when I saw a Water-fan club I had to join!
Are there any current Water type Pokemon you'd see likely to gain a new stage in their line in the future generations? If not, are there any you'd like to get one? New stage counts for both pre-evolutions and evolutions. Personally, I really want Magikarp to have an evolution in-between it and Gyarados. It's a tiny little struggling fish that evolves into a huge powerful lake-monster thing. I know there must be a joke to that, but still.
Welcome, welcome!

I thought the Magikarp was unique in that sense. That was the whole gimmick. I also thought it was nice that you had the challenge of leveling up the Magikarp to get your prize of a shiny new Gyarados ;p

If Magikarp had an evolution before Gyarados I think it's uniqueness factor would be gone, and he would just be another boring (yet strong) Pokemon line :\

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 04:48 PM
Hikamaru
I won't look back
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I don't think I've answered this topic yet, guess I'll do it now.

Are there any current Water type Pokemon you'd see likely to gain a new stage in their line in the future generations? If not, are there any you'd like to get one? New stage counts for both pre-evolutions and evolutions.

I would like to see Lapras get a baby evolution some time in the future, it could be all cute and fun to use in battle and I love cute Pokemon.

Golduck should also get a new evolution, and maybe give it awesome stats so that I can finally see it viable to use on a team and Psyduck was one of my fave Gen 1 Water-types.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old November 23rd, 2012, 05:07 PM
CourageHound

I was gunna say that luvdisk cud use an evo, but that went out the window with alomomola's existance. Problem is, I dont think some pokemon could get an evolution without looking somewhat outlandish....maybe masquirain would enjoy an evo?(if masqurein[mind my spelling] isnt a water type, then surskit)
Old November 23rd, 2012, 05:09 PM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Are there any current Water type Pokemon you'd see likely to gain a new stage in their line in the future generations? If not, are there any you'd like to get one? New stage counts for both pre-evolutions and evolutions.

The first thing that immediately springs to mind, are the bigger one-stage Pokemon like Lapras as Hikari mentioned, Kangaskhan, Bouffalant, where its pre-evolution could be Tauros, and loads more. I also think Pokemon like Spinda and Luvdisc could use some evolutions, where Alumola, which has commonly been mistaken as it, could be the evolution of Luvdisc. Other than that, I can't really think of anything. Possibly middle stage evolutions for some of the fossil Pokemon?
Old November 26th, 2012, 06:52 PM
CourageHound

You guys think it would be interesting if in a much later game when mostly all the regoins have been made, they create secret split evolutions of the starters? Just thinking.
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Krazzikk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
You guys think it would be interesting if in a much later game when mostly all the regoins have been made, they create secret split evolutions of the starters? Just thinking.
Well what do you mean by split evolutions? Do you mean they would have 2 or more evolution lines they could go down?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 27th, 2012, 12:52 PM
CourageHound

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzikk View Post
Well what do you mean by split evolutions? Do you mean they would have 2 or more evolution lines they could go down?
Yea basicly. Like how slowpoke can either go slowbro or slowking. A starter like piplup would have a diverging evolution opting that path instead of prinplup.
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Olli

I guess it could be pretty interesting, but I don't think Gamefreak would dare do such a thing considering all the hate that'd come from the previous gen obsessers, since they know how much it means to them that the old Pokemon stay intact. I guess they'd been able to get around adding in evolutions to several of the less notable Pokemon or the weak ones, considering that isn't a big a deal, but if a completely new evolutionary line was added to the starters apart from the first stage Pokeon, any of them, then I think there'd be a lot of ranting, and I don't think it'd change much rather than giving us a new view. I mean what if it swayed completely in another direction than what we see in those Pokemon. Taking something like the Charizard line and make the alternate line end with a completely different, small and cute Pokemon, would kinda ruin the view on the entire Pokemon family for some :/

But anyway, it's an interesting idea, although the topic may have fit better into the Starter club ;)
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Name: Pave Low
2 Partner Pokemon: Floatzel, Kingler
Why do you want to swim with us?: I love my water-types
Kingler. I would like to see it become some sort of supreme crab.
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:51 AM
Krazzikk

The Voting Period Has Begun!

You can now enter your drawings!

I have entered my drawing (I know I'm horrible at drawing /fail shading of face) so check out the OP :3

Please remember to put all entries in spoilers, and mark which drawing is to be judged if you have multiple drawings.

Last edited by Krazzikk; December 1st, 2012 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 1st, 2012, 05:58 AM
AwesomeAsCrawdaunt
Shizariger on EGC

I would like for all pretence to finally be abandoned and for Crawdaunt to evolve into a Poké God.

Solstice is back. So why should you care? Because if you join it and set "Shizariger" as your Referrer, you will get my eternal love.
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:38 PM
CourageHound

Sorry about the crappy coloring and quality. >_< Colored with oil pastels(arrgg...) and took with a bad camera

Last edited by CourageHound; December 1st, 2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:57 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Is that a broken link? Not showing up for me.
I won't be participating, sadly, unless its a spriting thing too, but I'll be here for moral support. xD
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old December 1st, 2012, 04:06 PM
CourageHound

I'll re-post it once I figure out how to post pics from my cpu files >.<
Old December 1st, 2012, 05:51 PM
Mononoke Hime
viva emptiness

Nature: Sassy
If I had a scanner... :c
I think this drawing contest will be cool. Though I would really like to enter some drawing, but maybe next year!
Old December 1st, 2012, 08:10 PM
CourageHound

Thanks to Krazzikk I can finally post my submission. Colored with oil pastels. Didn't have anything else and it didn't come out how I hoped. Here it is nonetheless.

Spoiler:

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by CourageHound; December 1st, 2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 06:44 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Quote:
Thanks to Krazzikk I can finally post my submission. Colored with oil pastels. Didn't have anything else and it didn't come out how I hoped. Here it is nonetheless.

Spoiler:

Merry Christmas!
nice drawing CourageHound!!
it is veery good imo
i suck at drawing so i cannot take part >.<

Old December 3rd, 2012, 03:56 AM
Krazzikk

Quote:

Spoiler:

Merry Christmas!
Rawr, nice mudkip CourageHound, I believe you've beaten my uncreative benchmark drawing already xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avishka View Post
nice drawing CourageHound!!
it is veery good imo
i suck at drawing so i cannot take part >.<
No, no, please enter, no one here's gonna put you down :/

Old December 3rd, 2012, 06:56 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzikk View Post
No, no, please enter, no one here's gonna put you down :/
i know no one will, i want to join but my exams are coming up and im busy studying for them
i would like to see a pre-evolution of milotic. feebas is a fish and milotic a pretty big pokemon so there should bea pokemon between them xD
i would also like to see a evolution of Seadra a big evoltuion xD
other than these two all water pokemon are good
time for some pics:
Spoiler:

Old December 3rd, 2012, 07:09 AM
Olli

Quote:
i know no one will, i want to join but my exams are coming up and im busy studying for them :(
i would like to see a pre-evolution of milotic. feebas is a fish and milotic a pretty big pokemon so there should bea pokemon between them xD
i would also like to see a evolution of Seadra a big evoltuion xD
other than these two all water pokemon are good
time for some pics:
Spoiler:

I definitely agree with you on the Feebas evolution. It's kinda the same thing with Magikarp and Gyarados, however I'm pretty certain both are inspired by legends, stories and the likes. For example, the Magikarp/Gyarados line comes from a japanese legend I think, about the carps leaping over something called the dragon gate and turning into dragons, which is what that evolutionary line depicts. Nothing there to back the Feebas/Milotic evolution up, but it could very well be a depiction of the story "The Ugly Duckling", about a cygnet which ended up living with ducks, and was teased for being ugly, in the belief that it was actually a duckling, but later grew up to be a beautiful swan which everyone adored. Kinda sounds like Feebas and Milotic, don't you think.

As for a Seadra evolution, Kingdra already exists :p
Old December 3rd, 2012, 07:25 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
I definitely agree with you on the Feebas evolution. It's kinda the same thing with Magikarp and Gyarados, however I'm pretty certain both are inspired by legends, stories and the likes. For example, the Magikarp/Gyarados line comes from a japanese legend I think, about the carps leaping over something called the dragon gate and turning into dragons, which is what that evolutionary line depicts. Nothing there to back the Feebas/Milotic evolution up, but it could very well be a depiction of the story "The Ugly Duckling", about a cygnet which ended up living with ducks, and was teased for being ugly, in the belief that it was actually a duckling, but later grew up to be a beautiful swan which everyone adored. Kinda sounds like Feebas and Milotic, don't you think.
Magikarp is based on a legend about how carp that leapt over the Dragon Gate would become dragons. Several waterfalls and cataracts in China are believed to be the location of the Dragon Gate. This legend is an allegory of the drive and efforts needed to overcome obstacles. This may have inspired an element in Pokémon Snap where, after certain steps are taken, a Magikarp will splash its way into a waterfall where it evolves. Magikarp may also be based on Asian carps, which are easily frightened by disturbances in water and can jump 8–10 feet in the air.

Feebas is probably based on a bass, possibly the largemouth bass. Its ugly appearance makes it appear to be also based from the concept of ugliness, appearing to don a wash of ugly makeup. It also seems to be based on the classic fairy tale, The Ugly Duckling, where a small and feeble "ugly duckling", treated as an outcast by other animals, blossoms into a beautiful swan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
As for a Seadra evolution, Kingdra already exists :p
LMAO HOW CAN I FORGET KINGDRA?? o.O o.O

Old December 3rd, 2012, 06:38 PM
CourageHound

Quote:
Magikarp is based on a legend about how carp that leapt over the Dragon Gate would become dragons. Several waterfalls and cataracts in China are believed to be the location of the Dragon Gate. This legend is an allegory of the drive and efforts needed to overcome obstacles. This may have inspired an element in Pokémon Snap where, after certain steps are taken, a Magikarp will splash its way into a waterfall where it evolves. Magikarp may also be based on Asian carps, which are easily frightened by disturbances in water and can jump 8–10 feet in the air.

Feebas is probably based on a bass, possibly the largemouth bass. Its ugly appearance makes it appear to be also based from the concept of ugliness, appearing to don a wash of ugly makeup. It also seems to be based on the classic fairy tale, The Ugly Duckling, where a small and feeble "ugly duckling", treated as an outcast by other animals, blossoms into a beautiful swan.
Wow i never knew that, awesome! :D

Back to the topic, another pokemon i'd really like to see get an evo is quagsire. I'm sure hed be some kinda super awesome tank. I think Quagsire would enjoy the evo, both aesthetically and competitively. Something that would make him shine and set him apart from other water/ground types.
Old December 4th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Quote:
Wow i never knew that, awesome! :D

Back to the topic, another pokemon i'd really like to see get an evo is quagsire. I'm sure hed be some kinda super awesome tank. I think Quagsire would enjoy the evo, both aesthetically and competitively. Something that would make him shine and set him apart from other water/ground types.
it's evolution should be a big and super scary pokemon xD xD

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here