The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Old December 1st, 2012, 03:41 AM
jmapple10
Unhatched Egg

career mode, ultimate team, pro clubs etc, anyone play?
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:43 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...

Nature: Quirky
I play FIFA 13 Ultimate Team, and i love it... got a decent team on my PS3...

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:20 AM
jmapple10
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowExcadrill View Post
I play FIFA 13 Ultimate Team, and i love it... got a decent team on my PS3...
i tend to get annoyed with all the pace teams that A LOT of players use...i have about 240k atm and i'm trading for more while i play career mode
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:24 AM
Libra

Yeah... My fastest player is Reus...
My team consists of: Hart, Ivanovic, Ferdinand, Vermalen, IF Kolarov, Lampard, Khedira, Reus, Podolski, Bent and Balotelli

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old December 2nd, 2012, 12:09 PM
jmapple10
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Yeah... My fastest player is Reus...
My team consists of: Hart, Ivanovic, Ferdinand, Vermalen, IF Kolarov, Lampard, Khedira, Reus, Podolski, Bent and Balotelli
nice...i was hoping we would have more than 2 players on this forum tbh :L
Old December 2nd, 2012, 12:21 PM
Libra

it isnt done yet... want Agüero instead of Bent... i love Agüero

Yes we need more people indeed... but how to lure em...

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old December 2nd, 2012, 01:28 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I have FUT 13, but I'm trading ATM getting ready to spend it all on the Christmas special packs.

PC is a good time-waster when waiting for cards to sell...
Old December 3rd, 2012, 06:36 AM
Libra

Yeah... im saving up money too... hoping that i will get some good players...

Tell me what kind of team you are building, maybe i can supply you with players i have or will get out of packs...

My team so far (in a picture):

I really like IF Kolarov, might swap Ivanovic for the IF version aswell... (Premier League team)..
Khedira and Reus dont really belong in there, but i have no others (and i like Reus a hell lot)...

And as said before if i could get Agüero i would be so happy, he prolly makes my team complete

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:01 PM
jmapple10
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Yeah... im saving up money too... hoping that i will get some good players...

I really like IF Kolarov, might swap Ivanovic for the IF version aswell... (Premier League team)..
Khedira and Reus dont really belong in there, but i have no others (and i like Reus a hell lot)...

And as said before if i could get Agüero i would be so happy, he prolly makes my team complete
aha, reus and khedira would never be there for me, i'm chemistry mad (i blame airjapes, anyone watch him?) so i need 99 chemistry with no manager

the team attached is one i made yesterday and is the most expensive team i've built so far, thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png‎ (721.3 KB, 13 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:09 PM
Libra

Thats a pretty nice team you got there...

Yeah i wanna swap Khedira cause its formation is worthless... dunno for who... there are a lot of good midfielders like Hazard, Mata and David Silva, hope that will raise my chemistry...

Reus is a must-have in my team, he is so awesome... good long-shots and 4-star skills...

EDIT: Got Torres, Suarez and Kagawa now to improve my little team, now i have 100 chemistry :D

GIANT EDIT: i changed my team a lot... on 11 positions tbh xD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Liga BBVA team.jpg‎ (106.2 KB, 9 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me

Last edited by Libra; December 18th, 2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: NEW STUFF
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Me and my friends are doing a challenge we set up; using the basis of a road to glory on UT. One of us has to give someone else a "crap", gold striker between the rating of 75-77 and he has to be a lone striker. So in a formation where the is only one striker e.g. 4-2-3-1, 5-2-2-1 etc. The rest of the team around it have to be silver non-rare players rated 69 or under. Of course, my friend assigned me a poor Joao Tomas as a striker, with 34 pace...however he does have excellent shooting and heading.

My team so far is:

I only have the bronze and 70 silver because I had 2 gold players in their position who ran out of contract and I couldn't afford to renew them, so I had to discard them and buy the 2.

The target is for our striker to play 100 games for the club. Were gonna do it again when we finish but use the money from this challenge to get an in-form striker we give eachother using all the coins we have on hand.

If you guys want to do this, then feel free.
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Libra

That might be something i could do with my friends...

Since my last team wasnt the one i could work with well (lost more than i won, now my W/L ratio is messed up), i decided to go back to my first 'real' team of the Bundesliga. I really love to play with this team, im really good with them and nowadays they are really cheap (except Robben and Ribery, but thats another story)

Many people use Müller instead of Kroos, because Kroos is slower, but Kroos is a beast imo... He is great overall but only his pace isnt good (52). He got 5-star weak foot and has great shooting, passing and dribbling stats compared to Müller. I prefered Lars Bender over his brother from Dortmund, because he is a bit faster and Schweinsteiger was a bit too expensive for me.

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old January 28th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

For some reason, I never really click with Bundesliga teams. When I just don't feel like making a league or nation team, I always resort to a hybrid, which happens quite a lot. I really enjoy hybrids since there is a variety in players, and you can make one with your favorite players if you have other players to link them together. All in all, I spend pretty much all my FIFA time playing, UT, even though career mode is starting to grow on me.
Old January 28th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Libra

Im planning to do a hybrid team once i finally get some good players out of packs (EA always hating on me) but for now i stick to this team to earn some coins

I enjoy Career mode a lot since i started on it, especially since im playing as a lower team in the Dutch Eredivisie: PEC Zwolle

Im currently first in the Eredivisie and i havent bought anyone yet (they dont have much money for transfers)

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old February 10th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Managed to create a nice Scandinavian hybrid. I will have a screenie up soon; it's not the most expensive team since I have side money for trading. It's a really fun squad, no problems in division 1 and there is a nice variety to it. The Kallstrom x Elm combo is beautiful, Kallstrom playing in the LAM position didn't seem so promising at first but it works!

I've got a Crewe Alexandra career going on. Well, I got the financial takeover so my transfer budget reached a nice, hefty total of £40m. Splashed out on a lot of youth players, Moritz Leitner is playing very well. Also one to point out is 17-year-old M'Baye Niang signed from AC Milan. This guy is amazing scored the winner on his debut and then 5 in his next game. Currently 1st, first season in charge and still in the League Cup.
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Libra

I was a little stupid on UT and spent much more coins on Lavezzi than we has worth it (spend around 20k, hes worth around 13-14k), so i ran out of coins for my greed for Lavezzi... even though im getting coins back using bronze packs and sell them, and i like this way of making coins... takes a while but you make a huge profit from it.

As for career, im still first and bought Pierre-Emmerick Aubameyang and Jakub Blaszczykowski (thank you financial takeovers), both are doing well in Zwolle... im trying to buy a left winger just before the match against PSV

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old February 12th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

I've never got lucky with packs. I actually spent 1,000,000 coins on premium gold packs and I got no IFs which really annoyed me. I don't know what the chances are of getting an IF, but I'm even scared to spend coins now when the AFCON ToTT is out and there are more IFs and MoTMs to get. Ah well, too risky...
Old February 12th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Libra

Yeah... i have spent a lot of coins on packs aswell and the best i ever got was Lahm...
I have some FIFA points ready for the AFCON ToTT, but i dont think i might get one... would be great if i get a player that is worth at least 100k for once

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old February 12th, 2013, 01:58 PM
hashtag
king cook

My current UT team is a 3-5-2 Side:

Victor
Felipe Santana - Dede - Lucio
Willians - Ambrosini
Pepe - El Shaarwary - Robinho
Jerome - Jones

They're all on 9 chem and didn't cost much, I haven't played Fifa 13 as much as I have previous years, haven't found it as addictive.

(My record is something like 55-7-10 with quite a few trophies and Division 1 titles)
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Division 1 is so easy to get coins from, if you have a decent team.

Uhh Lucio's pace is a let down for me to put him a 3-back formation unless he's in the centre and the LCB and RCB are fast and have high defensive workrates; only thing that seems to work for me in that scenario.
Old February 13th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Libra

Wish i got into Division 1, but i keep stuck at 4-3 due to people having way better teams than i have, though this doesnt need to mean people with better teams are better (for instance i beated a full TOTY team while having a decent Ligue 1 team).

so with my FIFA points i got now i hope to get one of the MOTM's and gain a lot of coins, but its very unlikely...

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old February 13th, 2013, 02:35 PM
hashtag
king cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave Low View Post
Division 1 is so easy to get coins from, if you have a decent team.

Uhh Lucio's pace is a let down for me to put him a 3-back formation unless he's in the centre and the LCB and RCB are fast and have high defensive workrates; only thing that seems to work for me in that scenario.
Lucio is only there for chemistry purposes; besides 68 pace is plenty if you have half a brain to defend with. I've also replaced Willians with Pirlo in my starting line up, my team lacks a lot of pace in midfield but Pirlo and Ambrosini make some ridiculous balls and Jones is easily the best forward on Fifa 13 for me and he can get on the end of anything.
Old February 14th, 2013, 02:17 PM
jmapple10
Unhatched Egg

wow i thought this forum was dead...anyway as you mentioned career mode i'm in my 3rd season with Udinese in Serie A, and i have this amazing (i think so anyway) team:
4-2-3-1
gk: Felipe Ramos 89
rb: Micah Richards 83
cbs: Inigo Martinez 83 & Angelo Ogbonna 85
lb: Pablo Armero 82
cdms: Axel Witsel 86 & Paulinho 85
rm: Alen Stevanovic 84
lm: Assaidi 85 (can't spell his first name lol)
cam: Alex Merkel 83 or Siem de Jong 85
st: Aubameyang 84

I have used no financial takeovers, and Armero is the only player who I had from the start that is still first choice.
Old February 16th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

My Crewe Alexandra team after being promoted to the nPower Championship (note I got a financial takeover):

GK: Phillips
RB: Tootle
CB: Marcano (from Rubin Kazan)
CB: Davis
LB: Mellor
RM: Moore
CM: Guedioura (from Nottingham Forest)
CM: Leitner (c) (from Borussia Dortmund)
LM: Thomas (from West Brom)
ST: Niang (from AC Milan)
ST: Pukki (from FC Schalke 04)

My defense is pretty solid; with Marcano always staying back. Davis has gone up 5 ratings to 65, and he is a very strong player at the back. He wins quite a lot of headers from corners and since he can't really finish, I normally lay it off to Guedioura. Tootle and Mellor at the full back positions are very consistent. They both have gone up 3/4 rating throughout the season, with Tootle coming in to the starting XI later on in the season and Mellor suffered a couple of injuries; so to have gone up those 3/4 ratings is nice. Leitner is playing amazingly, 19-year-old signed for Borussia Dortmund. He is now 20 and getting miles better. He scored the most goals for me during the Capital One Cup, in which I got knocked out in the semi-finals by Tottenham. To be honest, I am amazed I made it that far, I guess my financial takeover really aided me. He gets several assists and pulls the strings in my team, also my FK taker with his accuracy improving. Guedioura was signed in the January transfer window. I needed one at the time since Leitner, and Murphy were injured so I had no firm CMs. Anyway, he has made an impressive start. His shot power is incredible, he really can rifle them into the back of the net. I found him to be tank-y, his strength is a nice advantage to have in the midfield, doesn't really ever get caught in possession. Not to mention that he scored 2 goals to win me the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. Moore, gone up 5 ratings. His pace is monstrous now, he burns past any left back he comes across. He has a nice cross, which almost always seems to find a striker's head. Shooting isn't always the best option with him, however his finishing and long shots are really improving, both have increased by 8 ratings. He's played in every game this season and there is never hesitation on who else I can slot into that RM spot. At LM, I have Jerome Thomas, signed from West Brom. He is almost perfect at that LM position, though unfortunately reaching the 30-year-old mark. His 4 star skills accompanied by his excellent dribbling is a great combo to get past players. His pace isn't too shabby, enough to get past the full backs in League 1, although I don't see him staying in my squad too long, age and pacey full backs will soon end his career. He does score goals from time to time, 11 in all competitions, and is injury prone. Now onto my strikers, I will start off with M'Baye Niang. Oh my lord, this guy is amazing. He has scored 26 goals in all competitions for me after receiving him on a full season loan during transfer deadline day at the start of the season. He will punish the opposition as soon as he gets into that 18-yard box. So clinical, and on both feet. He gets past players with ease, leaves them for dead, and can really pile drive a shot into any corner he likes. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I will have the funds to sign him now, it depends on how much the board give me at the start of the new season. Now last, but certainly not least; Teemu Pukki. I signed this guy during the January transfer window, after spending a long time looking for the perfect striker. One thing that really made my mind up was that when you look at his stats on the transfer window page it says 'Has that something special' and that was the first time I had seen that. I spent all my remaining money on him and I don't not regret it one bit. He seems to be able to score from almost anywhere in the opponent's half. His shots are just amazing. He stands at 6' 2", and can really jump to win those headers which is useful considering the amount of crosses I produce. He has a bright future at the club, and I really plan on getting into the Premier League after a few seasons, so hopefully he will play well in that campaign.

As for Ultimate Team, I've done a bit of trading now and stand at 500k. Since I can never decide what team to make, do you guys have any scenarios or ideas that will help me to make a team. I've seen one where you draw a number, scroll across that many leagues and see where you end up; then you do the same with formation and you make a team of the league that you ended up with in the formation you got. I've also seen ideas to do with drawing cards and numbers being assigned to ratings, suits assigned to chosen leagues/nationalities etc. So if you guys have an idea, then please throw it forward. :3
Old February 16th, 2013, 01:47 AM
jmapple10
Unhatched Egg

i've been getting bored of UT as well, so i made this silver MLS team, which probably has the most pace you will ever findhttp://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-u...yiRTJnI2D2:ps3

Cummings and Oduro are both strikers converted, and of course I have to include Mr Wynne at the back
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links