The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Just thought of this. We always have discussions on DLC for Pokemon, be it Downloadable Pokemon, In Game Events, C-gear Skins, Musicals, or PWT. So, making an official notice/discussion thread. Going to try to keep up with the current Downloads as best as I can.

Currently in Japan:

Pokemon World Tournament Download: You can battle against Tripp, Stephan, Kotetsu, and Virgil represtatives. Each will be using their teams from the Anime, be in Singles Format. Download is from December 3rd to January 21st.

Pokemon Musicals Download: A new Musical will be available for Download November 21st to December 10th. Its to go with Ruby/Sapphire's 10th Anniversary. The Musical is called Kaniba Ludicolo.

Pokemon Downloads: Players will be able to go to Pokemon Centers and stores like Toys R Us to Download either Groudon or Kyogre to celebrate Ruby and Sapphire's Tenth Year Anniversary.

---

For those of you in Japan, a new event has been announced. This event, running in Pokémon Centre in Tohoko among others, is being released to celebrate Christmas. This event gives the Victory Pokémon, Victini. Like previous events, Victini has some rare moves, matching those of Reshiram, Zekrom and now Kyurem. This Level 100 Victini has got V-Create, Blue Flare, Bolt Strike and Glaciate, all of which it cannot know normally and holds the Soothe Bell. This event runs from November 25th to January 6th 2013. The Event Database has been update with the contents of this event

Pokemon Global Link Downloads: Blaze Pansear: For those of you with the Japanese Black 2 & White 2 games, the first of the special ape promotion passwords have been revealed. Coming from the Weekly Famitsu magazine, this promotion gives Pansear, the Fire-type Pokémon. It has its special Hidden Ability of Blaze and the special move of Heat Wave. This Pokémon is obtained with the password: もうかねっぷう. It runs until January 31st so be sure to get it

Overgrow Pansage: For those of you with the Japanese Black 2 & White 2 games, the first of the special ape promotion passwords have been revealed. Coming from the Daisuki Clubwebsite, this promotion gives Pansage, the Grass-type Pokémon. It has its special Hidden Ability of Overgrow and the special move of Leaf Storm. This Pokémon is obtained with the password: しんりょくリーフストーム. It runs until January 31st so be sure to get it

Pokemon Wifi Tournaments: For those of you with the Japanese games, a new WiFi Tournament has been announced. This tournament, the Eevee Cup, is the first Rotation Battle WiFi tournament and is unique in that it only accepts the following Pokémon; Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon and Glaceon. Registration is open from November 30th to December 6th while the tournament itself runs from December 7th to December 9th. As usual, there are 50,000 places within this tournament. If you enter the tournament, you will gain access to specil Dream World Decor items featuring PokéDolls of all the Eevee evolutions
In addition to that, everyone has access to this special Eevee themed C-Gear which runs until December 31st which is to tie in with this event. No password is necessary.

International Downloads:

Pokemon Global Link Downloads: For those of you in the United States, a new Global Link promotion was announced. This promotion gives access to the Pokémon Scizor with its Hidden Ability of Light Metal. This Scizor has the special moves of Steel Wing and Pursuit and is obtained by participating in local Pokémon Leagues across America, specifically the Aspertia season. The download will then run on the Global Link from December 20th to February 21st and runs on all four Generation V games. It's currently unknown if it's accessed by a password or a unique serial code.

---

For those of you in the United Kingdom, a new Global Link promotion was announced over the weekend. This promotion gives access to the Lightningrod Pikachu. This Pikachu is obtained via one-use serial code obtained in new copies of Pokémon Black Version 2 or White Version 2 purchased via Amazon.co.uk. The serial code will be e-mailed to you. It runs until May 30th 2013, though according to Amazon Customer Service, it's only valid on orders from today until the end of the year. It's currently unknown if this promotion will run similarly across the world.

---

For those of you in Germany, a new Global Link promotion has been announced. This promotion gives access to the Lightningrod Pikachu. This Pikachu is obtained via one-use serial code obtained in new copies of Pokémon Black Version 2 or White Version 2 purchased in Toys 'R' Us stores in Germany. It runs until May 30th 2013. It's currently unknown how or when it will come outside of Germany

Last edited by Khrysta; November 17th, 2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
My boyfriend lives in Germany and he is not happy about the Lightningrod Pikachu, lol! He was finally able to purchase White 2 about a month ago and he doesn't appreciate the "buy a game significantly after its release and get a special code" gimmick.

But anyways, I really hope the Eevee Tournament happens internationally at some point. I love Rotation battles and it would be nice to have a tournament using Pokemon that are not as competitive (and also, that C-Gear skin is stunning!).
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivvon View Post
My boyfriend lives in Germany and he is not happy about the Lightningrod Pikachu, lol! He was finally able to purchase White 2 about a month ago and he doesn't appreciate the "buy a game significantly after its release and get a special code" gimmick.

But anyways, I really hope the Eevee Tournament happens internationally at some point. I love Rotation battles and it would be nice to have a tournament using Pokemon that are not as competitive (and also, that C-Gear skin is stunning!).
I didn't even fully read the event for Germany's Pikachu lol XD Its the same as the Target Lucario here. Its prolly to try and boost sales in the game in that region. But yes the Eevee thing...I hope it happens Internationally. I seriously want to try to take part in it if I can. Already trying to assemble a team for it. XD
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Nature: Timid
Pokemon Downloads: Players will be able to go to Pokemon Centers and stores like Toys R Us to Download either Groudon or Kyogre to celebrate Ruby and Sapphire's Tenth Year Anniversary.

I think this should happen internationally too (over Wi-Fi, I hope).
Old November 17th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musica View Post

I think this should happen internationally too (over Wi-Fi, I hope).
Currently all the "Anniversary" events are Japan only, We have a year before we'd get these, and we may not get the legends. We could get anything else, though I don't remember a G/S anniversary event for D/P/Pt/HG/SS...If we didn't get one then I don't think we'll get one.

Also updated the first post to include the Victini Pokemon Center Download and Global Link Pansage download.
Old November 20th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Coolayush23
Coolayush23

Nature: Modest
The genesect event just got over a few days back...
Old November 20th, 2012, 11:01 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
in german area, felt really angry at nintendo for making that pikachu code available AFTER you buy it at release. At least make it available to all those who have already registered on PGL with BW2 before christmas..... i mean, I think a lot of people are feeling quite angry at them for that here. Although, I don't really use pikachu :D.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 10:49 AM
Chip
Pokémon Collector

They now release an event to get Gothorita, but what is so special about it? You can just catch it in black 1 & 2.
I am looking for this pokemon; all shiny, with a good nature, not hacked or cheated, in a regular pokéball, I want to change their nick myself or you change it for me, with the selected moves, preferred male, good EV's, : gible/gabite/garchomp (outrage and dragon dane, no higher than lvl 55), gastly/haunter/gengar (under lvl 35), dratini/dragonair/dragonite (under lvl 50 or with outrage and dragon dance), larvitar/pupitar/tyranitar (under lvl 55, with some uber moves), abra/kadabra/alkazam (also some uber moves and good EVs), bagon/shelgon/salamence (dragon dance and outrage). If you can get me these pokémon (remember, shiny. I have them normal so I won't need them normal again.) PM me and we discuss about the trade. I have great offers as well. It has to follow all the restrictions. If you can give me them all at once, plus a shiny metagross (of course, I have an offer for him as well) you get a shiny rapidash above of my other offers as bonus! Thanks.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
They now release an event to get Gothorita, but what is so special about it? You can just catch it in black 1 & 2.
The Gothorita has its awesome dream world ability, Shadow Tag.

On another note, a TR Meowth event is nice.
Old December 5th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Source

Ladies and gentlemen, if the Japanese release of the Movie 12 Meloetta on July 14 (the day the 15th movie dropped in Japan) was any indication, we may have something to look forward to on December 8.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Last edited by Cyclone; December 5th, 2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Removed a moderator note I left as post has been merged into a thread I didn't realize was here. My bad, I guess.
Old December 5th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
I, personally, am most excited about the new PokeDex skin download, the Bianca Dex.
It's so cute!

For our Japanese members/players, this download will be available from December 4th, 2012 to January 29th, 2013.
Password to obtain: たのしく

Spoiler:

Let the little fairy in you fly!

Last edited by Jellicent♀; December 5th, 2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: lol forgot password
Old December 6th, 2012, 12:08 AM
何贤豪

Well, since XanderO placed an announcement about a Wi-Fi Tournament, I'll do the same with the latest one...there's the 2012 VGCS Winter Battle. Signups are being accepted right now, it starts @ 14 December 2012 00:00 UTC and ends @ 17 December 2012 23:59 UTC. It's only for B2W2...I think the rules follow the VGC rules. Anyone that follows that gets into the ranking gets a Custap Berry. It's for any country excluding Japan + South Korea. Yep, that's the details. Oh, I forgot something. There's some stuff for participants regarding about the VGC. I got this...
Quote:
In each of the three Play! Pokémon age divisions, 128 North American players and 128 European players will earn Championship Points, which will contribute toward qualifying for the 2013 Pokémon Video Game World Championships.
Additionally, the top 16 North American players will earn a first-round bye to an upcoming Pokémon Regional Championship. Bye qualifications for European players are still to be determined.
Of course, to get this stuff, you'd need a Player ID.
Old December 6th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Khrysta

New Download. Basically a repeat of the Target Lucario though.

Quote:
For those of you in America, a new PGL Promotion has been announced. This promotion will give you a random one of the Sinnoh Starters with their Hidden Ability; Turtwig with Shell Armor, Chimchar with Iron Fist or Piplup with Defiant. These are obtained by a serial code in new copies of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 from Wal-Mart. The Event Database has been updated with details of this event.
Old December 7th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
New Download. Basically a repeat of the Target Lucario though.
Are there any chances that they'll be 100% male like Japan's DW starter events, or will we finally have a chance to obtain them as females?
Old December 7th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Are there any chances that they'll be 100% male like Japan's DW starter events, or will we finally have a chance to obtain them as females?
They don't have that information out yet, but most likely all Male to prevent breeding.
Old December 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
They don't have that information out yet, but most likely all Male to prevent breeding.
Update: they are all male. Also, they apparently aren't random; therefore, you can choose which one you want. So that's nice. Iron Fist Chimchars for everyone! =P

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old December 9th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Just found this on Twitter, it's not even on SPPF yet!

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2012/12/121210_g01.html

OT: マスダ (Masuda) <- I think this is a reference to Junichi Masuda
Level: 100
Ability: Pressure
Moves:
-Psycho Boost
-Nasty Plot
-Recover
-Dark Pulse
Hold Item: Life Orb

Google Translate is telling me they're IRL events, but I'm not sure where, as I can't rely on it fully.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Team Fail; December 9th, 2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old December 9th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

What I'm understanding of that is that it will be held at six different mall locations at each of which one can obtain a Lv.100 Deoxys.

Of course, it's not in America. And I really want a North American Meloetta soon now that the newest movie is out here.

Cyclone

From Serebii this morning:

Quote:
The first details of the next Pokémon movie have started to come through the Japanese magazine, CoroCoro. The sixteenth movie has been revealed to feature a shiny Genesect, showcasing the appearance it has in flight, and be called Extremespeed Genesect (神速のゲノセクト), with tradition dictating there will likely be an addition to the title in the Spring. The movie is due for release in Japan in July 13th 2013. Attached is a Pikachu short that features Eevee called Pikachu & Eevee Friends (ピカチュウとイーブイフレンズ). In addition to that, Genesect is to be given again in Japan from January 11th 2013 to February 10th 2013 in Pokémon Centres across Japan for Black, White, Black 2 and White 2. We'll provide more details as it comes.
I know this is Japan-only, but also comes as the first official Genesect release that also includes the original B/W games. Also, watch for a downloadable Shiny Genesect come the summer in Japan; they won't send it here, I'm sure.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Last edited by Khrysta; December 12th, 2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: double posted
Old December 12th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Just found this on Twitter, it's not even on SPPF yet!

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2012/12/121210_g01.html

OT: マスダ (Masuda) <- I think this is a reference to Junichi Masuda
Level: 100
Ability: Pressure
Moves:
-Psycho Boost
-Nasty Plot
-Recover
-Dark Pulse
Hold Item: Life Orb

Google Translate is telling me they're IRL events, but I'm not sure where, as I can't rely on it fully.
This looks like another gift in celebration to Gen 3's 10th anniversary. Now that leaves only Jirachi, who has yet to obtain an event.
Old December 13th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Khrysta

Region: International
Registration Period: January 18th 2013 to January 24th 2013
Battle Period: January 25th 2013 to January 28th 2013
Battle Type: Double Battle
Pokémon Restrictions: National Pokédex
Banned Pokémon: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Chatot, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect
Entry Gift: Jaboca Berry

The 2013 International Challenge - January is another Double Battle tournament and so has you use 4 of your 6 Pokémon. This tournament is the first for Black 2 & White 2 to be open worldwide.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:11 PM
shubshub
Master of The Y

Nature: Quiet
Quote:

Region: International
Registration Period: January 18th 2013 to January 24th 2013
Battle Period: January 25th 2013 to January 28th 2013
Battle Type: Double Battle
Pokémon Restrictions: National Pokédex
Banned Pokémon: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Chatot, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect
Entry Gift: Jaboca Berry

The 2013 International Challenge - January is another Double Battle tournament and so has you use 4 of your 6 Pokémon. This tournament is the first for Black 2 & White 2 to be open worldwide.
I am so entering this tournament
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp