The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Chit Chat Café

Notices

Chit Chat Café Wondering what your fellow members are eating for breakfast? Want to chat about the weather or other silly things? Idle chit-chat and polls go here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 1st, 2012, 10:12 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Personally, I didn't do member of the year for TCG this year because there would be maybe 6 votes, with Drakow or I winning every category, if I even allowed myself to be voted for. So I can see why several other categories won't have a member of the year of their own.
Old December 1st, 2012, 10:14 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Other Trivia and Pokemon Trivia don't because what would I ( and Netto in OT's case) use for categories? And it's kind of the same idea with Don's as well. A few people will vote and the winners will be obvious.

Besides Other Trivia has the Prettiest Profile Contest. We'll stick with that.
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt
Old December 1st, 2012, 11:25 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity

Nature: Jolly
I don't see why Video Games has no MoTY, perhaps it's just because the area is modless...

There are posts which are strongly opinionated and posts with detail, plus there are 2 sub-sections so there would be enough categories. Also, there are quite a few users that post in that area. Only downfall I see with that area is lack of active threads.

But yeah, that's just my opinion.

Last edited by Mr. Avocado; December 1st, 2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old December 1st, 2012, 11:35 PM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
It does lack activity somewhat. Anyway, maybe they aren't finished making the MotY thread for it.
Old December 1st, 2012, 11:39 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
Video Games has been lacking in activity forever. Not really the happening place to be
Old December 1st, 2012, 11:50 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity

Yeah, that's the downfall I stated, which is a shame because the Video Games forum has many good posters that would be worthy.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:30 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
The moderators were in charge of making their own section's MOTY. So with that being the case, it is true that it doesn't have it's own MOTY section due to the fact that it doesn't even have a moderator to make it.
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt
Old December 2nd, 2012, 01:14 PM
Razor Leaf
how unfortunate

Regarding MotY, we FINALLY have one here now lol. Vote your faces off please!
Old December 2nd, 2012, 01:21 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
I'd rather vote my face on, if that's OK. Don't want to end up like this... [MASSIVE BREAKING BAD SPOILER INSIDE]
Spoiler:

Old December 2nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Razor Leaf
how unfortunate

That's the most beautiful thing I've seen all day.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 01:25 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Leaf View Post
That's the most beautiful thing I've seen all day.
Note to self: If Razor Leaf calls you beautiful don't take it as a compliment...
Old December 2nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

I dont think I'll be voting my face off, thanks, I need it to live.

/bad joke
Old December 2nd, 2012, 06:05 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
I'd rather vote my face on, if that's OK. Don't want to end up like this... [MASSIVE BREAKING BAD SPOILER INSIDE]
Spoiler:

Hahah! The true origin of Harvey Dent aka Two Face is revealed at last!
Old December 2nd, 2012, 06:11 PM
Fuyuki~
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
Spoiler:

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH *explosion*

That scene is so inadvertently funny because of his reaction.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:25 PM
Esper

Oh no, not more zombie stuff. Cat Dog, please tell me you're not one of those zombie movie/book/show fans.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 2nd, 2012, 10:06 PM
Ryoutarou
新生ペガサス

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Oh no, not more zombie stuff. Cat Dog, please tell me you're not one of those zombie movie/book/show fans.
It's less zombie and more...someone just got half his face blown off.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 10:37 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I'm pretty sure Breaking Bad has nothing to do with zombies at all.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 10:41 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Nature: Sassy
Guys no one's voted in my PG member of the year thread. This legit makes me sad.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:44 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Welcome to York County, SC!

Nature: Quirky
I can't really vote if I don't have an inkling who to vote for. Heck, I don't feel like I'm qualified to vote in the sections I'm most active in (mostly because I just post and leave without reading others' posts), much less a Pokemon section, in which I'm running out of stuff to post about without sounding too redundant.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:48 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity

I don't post if I don't really have anything good to stay about the topic or if I don't even know what it's about. I prefer posting in comfortable areas, like a lot of people would with some common sense.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 07:54 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I don't get the whole MOTY separate thingy.. but hey I guess they just wanna change it up this year or something because of the 10-years PC thing.

Speaking of that.. what happened to the emblems that were supposed to be given out then?
Old December 3rd, 2012, 08:27 AM
Yoshikkko
underdog

Nature: Adamant
It's just for variation I guess and to give people more space or yeah idk, it sort of makes sense to me but it also discourages me to vote because you have to go to specific sections.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 08:48 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Yeah I guess so.. though some of it confuses me this year. Like favourite threads and stuff.. well if it's member of the year, people are gonna forget much much older threads that were made. Maybe fav thread-maker could be good too but.. dunno. I think it would've brought the community together more if we had the one big thread in announcements. I know I'm not gonna bother skipping around to different forums just to vote for people I see only in the forum I frequent. I don't think it's fair to the members who are hella awesome that post in some of the less busy sections like tabletop games or the anime sections.. or some of the super helpful members that may be in ROM hacking which is a section I've never ventured to.

Meh I know I'm just being a complainer here now, though. And things aren't gonna change, but it's just how I thought would've made it a nicer event. I feel like.. just because a member is super active just in one section shouldn't really make them the member of the year.

IMO, I think one of my MOTY votes shall go to Gavin. He's grown a lot this year. I always see him being helpful. We have our ups and downs and sometimes we don't talk for ages but every time I see him post, it's always very thoughtful and he is very patient. I have a couple others that I think would be good candidates for the MOTY. Unfortunately like I said, I don't go in every section so it's hard for me to say.. but we do have some brilliant people here so it's hard for me to just choose one. Nick's another great one. Bobandbill is very helpful too.

Many people are just gonna wind up voting based on friends though, instead of trying to be unbiased.. kinda makes me sad at that! So maybe doing it this new way will make it slightly more unbiased.. though I dunno where I would vote for these guys for, cause they also post in quite a few different sections and not just one.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 08:57 AM
Razor Leaf
how unfortunate

Honestly, I generally dislike MotY in part because I tend to think it's a huge popularity contest and if it's very concentrated in one area it becomes even more so. I feel like (and iirc this was one of the main points for spreading the MotY out in the discussions leading up to it), since it's spread out in this way, people who are actually from the proper sections and so actually know what they're on about will vote in the section-specific ones so at least they'll be more representative of their own sections and less biased by people just voting for their friends. That's part of what last year's nominations aimed to achieve but it obviously fell flat on its face, haha. At least the way we're doing it here has hopefully alleviated some of that.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 08:58 AM
Yoshikkko
underdog

Nature: Adamant
@ Kura I agree with you but yeah can't be helped haha. Also mine went to Gav too!
They added a post though saying that people should really not just vote for their friends but for people who they thought actually deserved it, obviously not everyone is going to follow that but I'm sure some will.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links