< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase Emerald Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Overall Hack Rating!
★★★★★ 636 68.91%
★★★★ 198 21.45%
★★★ 49 5.31%
★★ 9 0.98%
31 3.36%
Voters: 923. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #951    
Old November 21st, 2012 (7:52 AM). Edited November 27th, 2012 by Blue.
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is online now
tryna get it with me
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 12,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizeh View Post
Hi, just an idea:
What do you think of boosting the HM's a little?
Like Flash or Cutter. And maybe vary their types a little more.
So one can have all of them tought to their team without losing to much Power.
Dont make them to strong though... just so they are useful...

Like.. make Cutter an Grasstype with 80 Power... and Flash an actual attack with.. mh 75 or smth.

Hope you can understand what im trying to say as im not a native english speaker ;P
I considered this but I think the HMS suit how they are, I've increased the power of Rock Smash since that only has a power of 20 but with Cut it has a Power of 50 which is slightly better than Tackle and to increase it to something like 85 for that point in the game would make it easier. Flash doesn't really suit being a move that induces damage;



Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #952    
Old December 1st, 2012 (8:07 AM).
Gizeh Gizeh is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
Hi.. i have a problem with the acro bike. i cant jump over those .. erm.. planks..? jumping on normal grounds works without any porblem. anyone else has that problem? im using the android myboy emulator.
Reply With Quote
  #953    
Old December 3rd, 2012 (12:40 AM).
XeroNos's Avatar
XeroNos XeroNos is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Finding new Challenges !!
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizeh View Post
Hi.. i have a problem with the acro bike. i cant jump over those .. erm.. planks..? jumping on normal grounds works without any porblem. anyone else has that problem? im using the android myboy emulator.
Thats basic emulator problem other than VBA as you cannot run using Running shoes nor you can Jump planks on Acro Bike. I used to play the hacks on Vbag Gba emulator for Nokia Phones and found problems on it same as you. But cheer up there is still a way you can accomplish your task.
Reply With Quote
  #954    
Old December 4th, 2012 (12:03 AM).
Villa10 Villa10 is offline
Unhatched Cowboy
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brazil
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizeh View Post
Hi.. i have a problem with the acro bike. i cant jump over those .. erm.. planks..? jumping on normal grounds works without any porblem. anyone else has that problem? im using the android myboy emulator.
Did you try use Gameboid?
Reply With Quote
  #955    
Old December 4th, 2012 (6:12 PM).
Tryploshion's Avatar
Tryploshion Tryploshion is offline
I become a Pokemon Master!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 68
How many heart scale are in the game?
Reply With Quote
  #956    
Old December 4th, 2012 (11:40 PM).
XeroNos's Avatar
XeroNos XeroNos is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Finding new Challenges !!
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryploshion View Post
How many heart scale are in the game?
Probably infinite if you are playing the old version and 17-43 (according to Ash493) if you are playing this one
Reply With Quote
  #957    
Old December 5th, 2012 (9:07 AM).
Tryploshion's Avatar
Tryploshion Tryploshion is offline
I become a Pokemon Master!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Probably infinite if you are playing the old version and 17-43 (according to Ash493) if you are playing this one
NO INFINITE HEART SCALES? why? some pokemons need to relearn some moves example: Electrabuzz i catch one without Thunderpunch!
Reply With Quote
  #958    
Old December 5th, 2012 (11:23 PM).
XeroNos's Avatar
XeroNos XeroNos is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Finding new Challenges !!
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryploshion View Post
NO INFINITE HEART SCALES? why? some pokemons need to relearn some moves example: Electrabuzz i catch one without Thunderpunch!
There were some Heart Scales like that one beside PokeCenter in Fallabor town which keeps on respawning when you leave that town for few minutes so there are infinite.
Reply With Quote
  #959    
Old December 6th, 2012 (11:15 AM). Edited December 6th, 2012 by Tryploshion.
Tryploshion's Avatar
Tryploshion Tryploshion is offline
I become a Pokemon Master!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
There were some Heart Scales like that one beside PokeCenter in Fallabor town which keeps on respawning when you leave that town for few minutes so there are infinite.
Thx Bro. i iwill take it for a few minutes
EDIT: No, i dont find anything, the only iteam that keep appearing is the moonstone, no more.
EDIT2: Lol in Fallarbor u get infinite fire stones, i earn so much money because i seel them, and probably i will edit a pokemart to sell heart scales
Reply With Quote
  #960    
Old December 6th, 2012 (5:00 PM).
larincarus's Avatar
larincarus larincarus is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 7
this is a amazing rom there nothing i hate about this it get a 5 from me

its fun got some challenges and that what i like the pokemon was placed nicely like over all this is 1 of my favorite roms

i havent even finished it yet i like almost to my 4th gym but this games is just awesome
Reply With Quote
  #961    
Old December 6th, 2012 (11:18 PM).
XeroNos's Avatar
XeroNos XeroNos is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Finding new Challenges !!
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryploshion View Post
Thx Bro. i iwill take it for a few minutes
EDIT: No, i dont find anything, the only iteam that keep appearing is the moonstone, no more.
EDIT2: Lol in Fallarbor u get infinite fire stones, i earn so much money because i seel them, and probably i will edit a pokemart to sell heart scales
Actually those Heart scales appear again after some time and there is another one in Mauville city beside the game corner which also appears again. If you are not still getting those than you have patched the game with the latest beta . I thought Thunder stones appear randomly after picking. Correct me if I am wrong
Reply With Quote
  #962    
Old December 7th, 2012 (11:02 AM).
Tryploshion's Avatar
Tryploshion Tryploshion is offline
I become a Pokemon Master!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Actually those Heart scales appear again after some time and there is another one in Mauville city beside the game corner which also appears again. If you are not still getting those than you have patched the game with the latest beta . I thought Thunder stones appear randomly after picking. Correct me if I am wrong
Nope, all the things are u saying are wrong, i use Mart Editor, and i change 1 useful iteam and put a hearth scale at sootopolis, it makes sense, now i can get all heart scales i want only for $100.
Reply With Quote
  #963    
Old December 7th, 2012 (3:45 PM).
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is online now
tryna get it with me
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 12,889
The Heart Scale re-occurrence should be fixed assuming you have the latest patch which is the current release, as for the Elemental Stones I can't figure out how to prevent them from re spawning but I suppose that's not a bad thing eh?



Reply With Quote
  #964    
Old December 7th, 2012 (8:34 PM).
Tryploshion's Avatar
Tryploshion Tryploshion is offline
I become a Pokemon Master!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
The Heart Scale re-occurrence should be fixed assuming you have the latest patch which is the current release, as for the Elemental Stones I can't figure out how to prevent them from re spawning but I suppose that's not a bad thing eh?
lol, Im using an old save, the only heart scales that is respawning is in mauville, but i wanted to edit some things
*I change useful TMs for me and chnage they for powerful TMs and i edit Mauville items and now they sell some TMs.
Reply With Quote
  #965    
Old December 7th, 2012 (11:27 PM).
XeroNos's Avatar
XeroNos XeroNos is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Finding new Challenges !!
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryploshion View Post
lol, Im using an old save, the only heart scales that is respawning is in mauville, but i wanted to edit some things
*I change useful TMs for me and chnage they for powerful TMs and i edit Mauville items and now they sell some TMs.
Then how come I am wrong as you are saying yourself some of the Heart Scales are re-spawning and Suicune also confirmed my statement :\
Reply With Quote
  #966    
Old December 8th, 2012 (1:42 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 13,865
I believe Heart Scales should be respawing, at least the hidden ones =)
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #967    
Old December 9th, 2012 (10:40 AM). Edited December 9th, 2012 by Tryploshion.
Tryploshion's Avatar
Tryploshion Tryploshion is offline
I become a Pokemon Master!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 68
1 hearth scale is respawning, and im telling u that in my save these thngs dont appear :facepalm, i edited some things.
EDIT: I NEED WATERFALL TO CATCH SQUIRTLE!, WHAT!
Reply With Quote
  #968    
Old December 9th, 2012 (9:47 PM). Edited December 9th, 2012 by yiheng.
yiheng yiheng is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5
For some reason I can't catch the Charmander.

The pokeball cannot be seen, pressing A doesn't do anything, but it exists as I'm unable to walk past it.

Already tried re-patching several times and on clean roms retrieved from various sources, any help here?
Reply With Quote
  #969    
Old December 9th, 2012 (11:16 PM).
XeroNos's Avatar
XeroNos XeroNos is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Finding new Challenges !!
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by yiheng View Post
For some reason I can't catch the Charmander.

The pokeball cannot be seen, pressing A doesn't do anything, but it exists as I'm unable to walk past it.

Already tried re-patching several times and on clean roms retrieved from various sources, any help here?
Hey it is not hidden but lying inside the PokeBall clearly seen from normal eye.
Reply With Quote
  #970    
Old December 9th, 2012 (11:25 PM).
yiheng yiheng is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Hey it is not hidden but lying inside the PokeBall clearly seen from normal eye.
Maybe you should actually read my post. I clearly stated that the pokeball cannot be seen, and I can tell from the OP that the Charmander is inside a pokeball.

EDIT: cannot be seen =/= don't know where it is
Reply With Quote
  #971    
Old December 10th, 2012 (5:45 AM).
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is online now
tryna get it with me
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 12,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by yiheng View Post
For some reason I can't catch the Charmander.

The pokeball cannot be seen, pressing A doesn't do anything, but it exists as I'm unable to walk past it.

Already tried re-patching several times and on clean roms retrieved from various sources, any help here?
That's strange, it should be at the lower end of the grassy area of Route 120 in a Pokéball.



Reply With Quote
  #972    
Old December 10th, 2012 (6:21 AM).
yiheng yiheng is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
That's strange, it should be at the lower end of the grassy area of Route 120 in a Pokéball.
Yes it should, but as I have said, it is invisible and pressing A doesn't do anything.

Another question, I can't seem to find the rematch house in Battle Frontier. Entering the houses would be just like entering the normal unedited houses, even after beating Leader Mom and Steven.
Reply With Quote
  #973    
Old December 10th, 2012 (8:38 AM).
Tryploshion's Avatar
Tryploshion Tryploshion is offline
I become a Pokemon Master!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by yiheng View Post
Yes it should, but as I have said, it is invisible and pressing A doesn't do anything.

Another question, I can't seem to find the rematch house in Battle Frontier. Entering the houses would be just like entering the normal unedited houses, even after beating Leader Mom and Steven.
Use other ROM what type of ROM u use?
Reply With Quote
  #974    
Old December 10th, 2012 (11:29 PM).
XeroNos's Avatar
XeroNos XeroNos is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Finding new Challenges !!
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by yiheng View Post
Yes it should, but as I have said, it is invisible and pressing A doesn't do anything.

Another question, I can't seem to find the rematch house in Battle Frontier. Entering the houses would be just like entering the normal unedited houses, even after beating Leader Mom and Steven.
I wish I had an image of that place to show you what I meant. Your ROM might be causing this.
Reply With Quote
  #975    
Old December 11th, 2012 (5:32 AM). Edited December 11th, 2012 by yiheng.
yiheng yiheng is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
I wish I had an image of that place to show you what I meant. Your ROM might be causing this.
I wish you'd actually read my first post.

A picture to better demonstrate my problem: tinyurl.com/invisball

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiheng View Post
For some reason I can't catch the Charmander.

The pokeball cannot be seen, pressing A doesn't do anything, but it exists as I'm unable to walk past it.

Already tried re-patching several times and on clean roms retrieved from various sources, any help here?
For those who didn't bother to read.
Reply With Quote
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:41 PM.


Contact Us Archive Privacy Statement Terms of Service Top