The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #2251    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 01:58 PM
Kura's Avatar
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
Well.. if it's not a rumor then wow, that was fast. If/When I get married, I'd like to have a few years just me and my partner before even considering children.. but hey I guess it's also about passing down that lineage thing for her.
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
  #2252    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 02:10 PM
Fuyuki~
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hawaii
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
We talkin' about babies?

I'm 17 so I won't have to worry about that any time soon. But to be completely honest with myself, given my status as a social misfit and socially inept person, I'm probably going to die alone and I've actually learned to accept that and I'm actually completely fine with this fact.
  #2253    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 02:22 PM
Mr. Avocado's Avatar
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: London
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuki~ View Post
We talkin' about babies?

I'm 17 so I won't have to worry about that any time soon. But to be completely honest with myself, given my status as a social misfit and socially inept person, I'm probably going to die alone and I've actually learned to accept that and I'm actually completely fine with this fact.
Don't think that way. You're only 17 and I'm sure you'll find a guy that you love and he loves you back sometime soon. There will be boys who accept you for who you are and those are the ones that will care for you and always be there for you, the ones who understand you.

Pregnancy and having a baby is a whole different subject, the only time I would thinking about being a Dad is when I'm in a very comfortable relationship at least 24 and am ready to be a Father.
__________________
  #2254    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 02:37 PM
Kura's Avatar
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
I want to be at least 35 tbh before I even consider a kid. I am not sure if I want kids. Sucks because I know for women the prime age is probably actually like 28 or something so your body can actually go back to the way it was before pregnancy. Though tbh pregnancy scares me the living days out of me : |
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
  #2255    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 02:48 PM
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuki~ View Post
We talkin' about babies?

I'm 17 so I won't have to worry about that any time soon. But to be completely honest with myself, given my status as a social misfit and socially inept person, I'm probably going to die alone and I've actually learned to accept that and I'm actually completely fine with this fact.
Whoa whoa whoa. 17 is way too young to give up on things like that. My best friend, who's really adorable, funny, smart, nerdy, and an all-around great person never even dated a single person until we got into college.
__________________
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
  #2256    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Fuyuki~
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hawaii
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
Whoa whoa whoa. 17 is way too young to give up on things like that. My best friend, who's really adorable, funny, smart, nerdy, and an all-around great person never even dated a single person until we got into college.
I have one or two friends in real life and I spend my time in class sitting as far back in the corner as possible (of my own free will) and try to blend in as much as possible.

The chance of someone taking notice of me and engaging in conversation with ME (i.e. the only way I'll end up getting into a relationship) is slim to none.
  #2257    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 03:10 PM
Mr. Avocado's Avatar
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: London
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuki~ View Post
I have one or two friends in real life and I spend my time in class sitting as far back in the corner as possible (of my own free will) and try to blend in as much as possible.

The chance of someone taking notice of me and engaging in conversation with ME (i.e. the only way I'll end up getting into a relationship) is slim to none.
Don't worry about that now, you have a whole life to live and there a plenty of fish in the sea. You're not gonna stay in this class forever, sometime you're gonna go out and meet someone who cares for you, girl or boy.
__________________
  #2258    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 03:37 PM
Yoshikkko's Avatar
Yoshikkko
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuki~ View Post
I have one or two friends in real life and I spend my time in class sitting as far back in the corner as possible (of my own free will) and try to blend in as much as possible.

The chance of someone taking notice of me and engaging in conversation with ME (i.e. the only way I'll end up getting into a relationship) is slim to none.
The fact that you're still even in a class is already enough to tell you you're worrying about these kind of things at wayy to young ;p You shouldn't even think about those kind of things now, you're barely out of school yet!
I thought that way too but eventually it will come your way.
  #2259    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Fuyuki~
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hawaii
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
The fact that you're still even in a class is already enough to tell you you're worrying about these kind of things at wayy to young ;p You shouldn't even think about those kind of things now, you're barely out of school yet!
I thought that way too but eventually it will come your way.
Everybody I know and met already has a boyfriend/girlfriend. It's not really too early when it's shoved into my face every day. :/

I've learned to just deal with it. If something happens, it'll happen, but I'm not going to cheat myself by giving myself any sort of false hope. (I'm a pessimistic person)
  #2260    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 04:33 PM
Kura's Avatar
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuki~ View Post
Everybody I know and met already has a boyfriend/girlfriend. It's not really too early when it's shoved into my face every day. :/

I've learned to just deal with it. If something happens, it'll happen, but I'm not going to cheat myself by giving myself any sort of false hope. (I'm a pessimistic person)
I don't know why you're so concerned about it..
If you want a partner, then why aren't you making an effort to speak to new people?
I mean, obviously you know someone's not just gonna fall on your lap, and also, you don't need to go out every day and specifically search for someone either.

Whatever happens will happen as you say too, but I'll tell you that a negative attitude is generally not an attractive one.. so enjoy being single. Enjoy your "solitude" too. We are born alone and we die alone too. There is nothing wrong with being alone, but if you're looking for someone for the sake of just feeling like you -need- someone to be there for you, or because you are jealous of other couples, then you're looking for someone for the wrong reasons.

It has nothing to do with hope. Just chat to someone- even if it's a cop out easy topic like "Hey, did you find the homework hard yesterday?" If they think you're a weirdo or you mess up.. who cares? It's not like they're gonna go home and spend the whole night thinking that the way you said hi was slightly gurgly because it was the first thing you said that morning, or whatever else might "mess up" when you chat to them.

If you're unhappy with something in your life, you have to take some initiative to change it, either by accepting it and enjoying what you have now, or taking action. (Changing your frame of mind, or changing your routine.)
In theory it's simple, in practice it's hard.. but it's better than sitting there brooding and looking around at all the people holding hands and feeling sorry for yourself.


Anddd.. that's all from Kura M.D. PhD tonight. Lols..
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
  #2261    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 04:47 PM
Fuyuki~
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hawaii
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
I don't know why you're so concerned about it..
If you want a partner, then why aren't you making an effort to speak to new people?
I mean, obviously you know someone's not just gonna fall on your lap, and also, you don't need to go out every day and specifically search for someone either.

Whatever happens will happen as you say too, but I'll tell you that a negative attitude is generally not an attractive one.. so enjoy being single. Enjoy your "solitude" too. We are born alone and we die alone too. There is nothing wrong with being alone, but if you're looking for someone for the sake of just feeling like you -need- someone to be there for you, or because you are jealous of other couples, then you're looking for someone for the wrong reasons.

It has nothing to do with hope. Just chat to someone- even if it's a cop out easy topic like "Hey, did you find the homework hard yesterday?" If they think you're a weirdo or you mess up.. who cares? It's not like they're gonna go home and spend the whole night thinking that the way you said hi was slightly gurgly because it was the first thing you said that morning, or whatever else might "mess up" when you chat to them.

If you're unhappy with something in your life, you have to take some initiative to change it, either by accepting it and enjoying what you have now, or taking action. (Changing your frame of mind, or changing your routine.)
In theory it's simple, in practice it's hard.. but it's better than sitting there brooding and looking around at all the people holding hands and feeling sorry for yourself.


Anddd.. that's all from Kura M.D. PhD tonight. Lols..
But I don't care about it. That's why I've been saying that I've learned to accept it and that I probably won't even be sad that I'm going to die alone. I want a partner but it isn't one of my priorities at the moment and I really don't care one way or the other. I'm perfectly content just sitting in the corner not interacting with anyone unless they interact with me. That's just the way I am.

As for your tips, perhaps you don't realize just how socially awkward I am. I'm deathly afraid of social interaction on the simplest level because of past experiences I refuse to let go. I would sooner jump off a cliff than interact with people I don't know of my own free will. I know some of you are going to take the first sentence of this paragraph and reply to it saying that I should let it go and I'll never progress socially unless I do, but I've had people telling me this for the longest time. Someone telling me to this on the internet in different wording isn't going to change it unfortunately, but thanks for all the advice.
  #2262    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 04:52 PM
Kura's Avatar
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuki~ View Post
But I don't care about it. That's why I've been saying that I've learned to accept it and that I probably won't even be sad that I'm going to die alone. I want a partner but it isn't one of my priorities at the moment and I really don't care one way or the other. I'm perfectly content just sitting in the corner not interacting with anyone unless they interact with me. That's just the way I am.

As for your tips, perhaps you don't realize just how socially awkward I am. I'm deathly afraid of social interaction on the simplest level. I would sooner jump off a cliff than do it of my own free will (interact with people I don't know)
Well just depends on if you're genuinely happy like that.. or if you want that to change/ are going through a hormonal change that is making you feel down and feel that way about your situation. There is always an option of therapy, and through school it is generally a free service, too.. so it's better now to take advantage of it now if you want to.

Just saying, that in this situation, you can be your own worst enemy.. but heck if you're content then that's perfectly fine too. There's no one formula to personal happiness :3
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
  #2263    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:27 PM
Yoshikkko's Avatar
Yoshikkko
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuki~ View Post
Everybody I know and met already has a boyfriend/girlfriend. It's not really too early when it's shoved into my face every day. :/

I've learned to just deal with it. If something happens, it'll happen, but I'm not going to cheat myself by giving myself any sort of false hope. (I'm a pessimistic person)
I was gonna say, just because people get boyfriends when they're 16 and whatever doesn't mean that's necessarily what you have to live up to or what's the "norm". It completely depends on the person and also the way someone is raised, where they live, what kind of people are around them, etc etc.

But yeah what Kura said, if that's what floats your boat then it's okay!

Guys what are your pet peeves? My worst one is when there is this empty space between the blanket and the cover lmao.
  #2264    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:38 PM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
Guys what are your pet peeves? My worst one is when there is this empty space between the blanket and the cover lmao.
I have a thing that I like everything to have some kind of balance. When I'm decorating, or putting stuff back, and they're not equally spaced, it bugs me.

That, and grammar/spelling errors also bother me to no end. I once saw a misplaced apostrophe in English class, so I ran up to the board and erased it.
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Signature is protruding into posts below yours on certain themes.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #2265    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 06:17 PM
Kanto_Johto's Avatar
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A Silver Sun
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuki~ View Post
Everybody I know and met already has a boyfriend/girlfriend. It's not really too early when it's shoved into my face every day. :/

I've learned to just deal with it. If something happens, it'll happen, but I'm not going to cheat myself by giving myself any sort of false hope. (I'm a pessimistic person)
I starting going out with my first girlfriend when I was 18. Not everyone starts having sexual relationships at 15 and 16. And even then those people who did start early might not find themselves in a serious and committed relationship for many years afterwards. You'll find someone, trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
Guys what are your pet peeves? My worst one is when there is this empty space between the blanket and the cover lmao.
People who say "Should/Could of" instead of "Should/Could have". That really drives me up the wall.
__________________
Arrive without traveling
See all without looking
Do all without doing
  #2266    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 07:05 PM
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Wait Yoshi what's the difference between a blanket and a cover? Have I been sleeping wrong?!
__________________
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
  #2267    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 07:09 PM
Livewire's Avatar
Livewire
League Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Victory Road
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
I have like a bed sheet on my bed, then a thin cover, and then blankets on top of those!
__________________
Hoenn Champion Steven wants to battle!
Aggron (Lv. 57) - Sturdy- (Iron Tail, Stone Edge)
Metagross (Lv. 59) - Clear Body - (Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt)
ORAS Release Staff Collab 2014
  #2268    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Internet
I have bed sheets and a quilt on my bed, sometimes in the winter I also have a blanket because it always seems to be freezing in my room.
__________________
BMGf Ever Grande City
  #2269    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 09:48 PM
Correspondence
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
There is always a blanket on my bed though their thickness is varied in different seasons.
__________________
  #2270    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 10:24 PM
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
GUYS SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION
__________________
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
  #2271    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 10:42 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 24
A cover probably is a cover sheet, or sheet. Not the fitted sheet on your bed.

Blankets are also technically covers because they cover you while you sleep, though.

And then comforters are the behemoth blankets that have a ton of padding.

That should cover your question as well as any questions that would have been raised because of my first statement.

Also, wintertime makes comforters amazing, though I sometimes need two of them here in Minnesota.
__________________
  #2272    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 11:45 PM
Mr. Avocado's Avatar
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: London
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Cozy house, so I stick to the norm; ye old duvet with the usual bed setup. I sleep well so I don't really mind, I sleep with 3 pillows so my head is always relaxed wherever I lay on my bed.
__________________
  #2273    
Old December 4th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Kura's Avatar
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
I have a strange pet peeve for whistling. I severely dislike when someone whistles.. it is like nails on a chalkboard for me.
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
  #2274    
Old December 4th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Overlord Drakow's Avatar
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hell
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
I have a strange pet peeve for whistling. I severely dislike when someone whistles.. it is like nails on a chalkboard for me.




I have one for people who spam attacks in video games.
__________________
"Power through ambition." - Overlord Drakow
Forum Set // Pair
  #2275    
Old December 4th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Kura's Avatar
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
Oh God, Drakow.. now you know my weakness!!!!
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.