The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 1st, 2012 (04:46 PM).
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Brave
Not knowing this off by head or experience, I took a quick google search and nothing seemed to come up. I was going to see for myself using my own HG, but I can't seen to find the game.

Nevertheless, I'd assume you'd be able to use the coins from Goldenrod in Celadon since one's using the same coin case for both regions. But yeah, feel free anyone to correct me if I'm wrong.

And, there's always the option like you said to get your boyfriend's SS. :P
Old December 3rd, 2012 (07:40 PM).
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
I went to the cave east of Zui Town in Platinum to look for more varieties of Unown and can only find the one kind I've caught to this point (looks like the letter "P"). How can I find others?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old December 3rd, 2012 (07:43 PM).
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
I went to the cave east of Zui Town in Platinum to look for more varieties of Unown and can only find the one kind I've caught to this point (looks like the letter "P"). How can I find others?
You will just need to keep running around in there to find all of them, it took me forever to get all of them.
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old December 3rd, 2012 (08:44 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
Each different room in the cave contains different kinds of Unown, you'll have to look in different ones.
Old December 4th, 2012 (05:04 PM).
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Isn't it weird though that I can only find one kind in the first room? It's not like there's a separate room for each variety. Could it have something to do with my messing with my DS clock lately to try and get the population outbreak Pokemon I wanted?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old December 4th, 2012 (06:10 PM).
Pink Mommy
Pokemon Breeder

Nature: Timid
I have a question but I don't know if I'm in the right place.
A while ago I bought a second hand copy of Soul Silver and it had a Jirachi in it.
I traded him to my Diamond game but I thought he was a hack because he was caught in a strange ball, so I tried getting rid of him by posting him up at the GTS but he had this strange ribbon that wouldn't allow it.
I didn't have the heart to just release him, so he stayed in my PC. Later on I read about an event Jirachi, so I want to know if that's actually what I have.
He was caught in a red ball, is a lvl7 and has a strange ribbon I'd never seen before.
Can anyone help me? Please?

Paired With LilJz123
Old December 4th, 2012 (06:28 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Mommy View Post
I have a question but I don't know if I'm in the right place.
A while ago I bought a second hand copy of Soul Silver and it had a Jirachi in it.
I traded him to my Diamond game but I thought he was a hack because he was caught in a strange ball, so I tried getting rid of him by posting him up at the GTS but he had this strange ribbon that wouldn't allow it.
I didn't have the heart to just release him, so he stayed in my PC. Later on I read about an event Jirachi, so I want to know if that's actually what I have.
He was caught in a red ball, is a lvl7 and has a strange ribbon I'd never seen before.
Can anyone help me? Please?
Your Jirachi has a Classic Ribbon attached to it. It's also housed in a Cherish Ball, which is the Poké Ball used to house event Pokémon. This is totally normal. Also, is this the event Jirachi that knows Draco Meteor?

Old December 6th, 2012 (07:10 PM).
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

I'm trying to get a hitmonchan with a certain ability (iron fist) so my question is does tyrogue's abilities (guts and steadfast) affect the out come of the ability that hitmonchan will get or is it random either way?
Old December 6th, 2012 (07:13 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~RNC~ View Post
I'm trying to get a hitmonchan with a certain ability (iron fist) so my question is does tyrogue's abilities (guts and steadfast) affect the out come of the ability that hitmonchan will get or is it random either way?
Tyrogue with Guts evolve into Hitmonchan with Keen Eye. Tyrogue with Steadfast evolve into Hitmonchan with Iron Fist.

Old December 6th, 2012 (07:21 PM).
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

I read a little to late, but one more Q, what is the percentage of the abilities? Is it 50 / 50?
Old December 6th, 2012 (07:23 PM).
27thColt
The Water Nerd Guy

Hi,I have SoulSilver and I am wondering how to beat Red?I am thinking od daycare but there are still a few moves I want to keep and take out.Here is my team.

Feraligatr/Jaws Torrent Lv.56 Water
Item:Mystic Water
Crunch,Ice Fang,Surf,Waterfall
Best Stat:Defense

Fearow/WunAtchPee Keen Eye Lv.55 Fly/Normal
Item:Choice Scarf
Drill Peck,Fly,Mirror Move,Assurance
Best Stat:Attack

Machamp/Muscle Guts Lv.55 Fight
Item:Muscle Band
Rock Climb,Strength,Earthquake,Karate Chop

Jolteon/The Flash Volt Absorb Lv.54 Electric
Item:Lax Incense
Thunder Fang,Pin Missile,Flash,Charge Beam
Best Statpeed

Gengar/Poison Fart Levitate Lv.55 Ghost/Poison
Item:None
Hypnosis,Shadow Ball,Psychic,Mean Look
Best Statp.Attack

Scizor/GrimReapa Techinician Lv.55 Bug/Steel
Item:Metal Coat
Iron Head,Iron Defense,X-Scissor,False Swipe

So that is my team...i am still looking for moves that will replace current ones.How do I level up easily?I know most of my team is physical.Machamp NEEDS two HMs to go up Mt.Silver so im stuck with that till i beat Red.I am looking for an item for my Gengar.Please Help.
Old December 6th, 2012 (07:36 PM).
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Well, you of course will need higher level Pokemon than that. His are all in the 80s and his team is quite difficult to defeat.

Here's a link to a page with his team:
http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Red_%28Game%29

I can't give much advice, but take advantage of STAB as well as Attack/Special Attack. Perhaps try EV training?
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old December 6th, 2012 (07:54 PM).
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
Daycare doesn't sound too efficient. ;P And it might be too late to EV train. Just rebattle the Elite 4 perhaps? They should be higher levels I think.

Old December 6th, 2012 (08:03 PM).
Hikamaru
osha osha
Community Supporter

I'd go with what Sassy Milkshake said and rebattle the Elite Four.

You can also have rematches against Trainers you registered in the Pokegear, their levels get stronger when you pass a certain point in the game.
Old December 6th, 2012 (08:31 PM).
curiousnathan

These types of questions don't warrant their own thread and therefore belong in the 4th Gen Help thread, which can be found here. (click me!)

Please use that in the future for any further questions you may have regarding 4th Gen. (:

Moved.
Old December 6th, 2012 (08:40 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
I read a little to late, but one more Q, what is the percentage of the abilities? Is it 50 / 50?
Around that area, yeah. This would apply to Pokémon with 2 abilities, though.

Old December 8th, 2012 (06:36 PM).
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Ok another breeding project I'm working on, I'm trying to get a phanpy with head smash and ice shard, I tried using a smeargle to sketch the moves I put them both in the DC but the phanpy is only picking up the ice shard, I have googled it and every where I look it says use a smeargle, what am I doing wrong?
Old December 8th, 2012 (07:10 PM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Ok another breeding project I'm working on, I'm trying to get a phanpy with head smash and ice shard, I tried using a smeargle to sketch the moves I put them both in the DC but the phanpy is only picking up the ice shard, I have googled it and every where I look it says use a smeargle, what am I doing wrong?
Are you using a Sinnoh game? Phanpy can only hatch with Head Smash in HeartGold and SoulSilver in gen IV.
Old December 8th, 2012 (07:43 PM).
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

I was trying to breed this on my diamond game, but if it can learn both of those on HG / SS I have those games as well.
Old December 8th, 2012 (08:15 PM).
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
~RNC~, As Vaporeon said, Head Smash is Phanpy's egg move only in HGSS. So you have to breed in those games.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old December 8th, 2012 (08:21 PM).
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

So if I breed my smeargle and phanpy in HG / SS with those moves it will pick them both up?
Old December 8th, 2012 (08:41 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
So if I breed my smeargle and phanpy in HG / SS with those moves it will pick them both up?
Yes. Phanpy will only get Head Smash and Ice Shard as egg moves in HG/SS, as mentioned above.

Old December 9th, 2012 (08:42 PM).
MelchiorFlyer
Flygon

Nature: Naive
I'm a totally nOOb when it comes to all these terms. So what is chaining exactly? And how did you get a pokeradar?

PM Me if you add me~!

Flygon is my bby~!
Old December 9th, 2012 (08:47 PM).
curiousnathan

Quick questions belong here. ;v;

Moved.
Old December 9th, 2012 (09:12 PM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers_Albino_Umbreon View Post
I'm a totally nOOb when it comes to all these terms. So what is chaining exactly? And how did you get a pokeradar?
Chaining is using the Pokéradar in the Sinnoh games to increase the chances of finding shiny Pokémon. You get the Poké Radar in Sandgem Town after seeing all the Pokémon in the Sinnoh Pokédex.

Click for Smogon's guide to chaining.

Sponsored Links