The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 3rd, 2012, 08:18 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
is it possible to sail from Castelia City back to Virbank City before completing the main storyline???
Old December 3rd, 2012, 08:23 AM
Jak
where the fairy flies

Nature: Timid
I think so. Just talk to the person in front of the boat you came from, which iirc is in the very middle dock that the harlequin stands in front of.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 07:42 PM
Doctor Stein
Unhatched Egg

What is the best nature and moveset for a Braviary with the Sheer Force ability and a life orb?
Old December 3rd, 2012, 07:52 PM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Nature: Quirky
Based on what I read on Smogon, this is the recommended set for Life Orb Braviary:

Nature: Jolly
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Attack / 176 Speed
Moves: Brave Bird, Return, Superpower, Roost

And I guess that means question answered!

paired with kouzan and heartouch
pc battle server | tumblr | send me a vm

Old December 3rd, 2012, 07:58 PM
Doctor Stein
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Based on what I read on Smogon, this is the recommended set for Life Orb Braviary:

Nature: Jolly
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Attack / 176 Speed
Moves: Brave Bird, Return, Superpower, Roost

And I guess that means question answered!
Don't you need Action Replay to get Defiant because it's a Dreamworld move and Rufflet isn't in the Dreamworld? I don't have an Action Replay, so would it work with Sheer Force?
Old December 3rd, 2012, 08:01 PM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Stein View Post
Don't you need Action Replay to get Defiant because it's a Dreamworld move and Rufflet isn't in the Dreamworld? I don't have an Action Replay, so would it work with Sheer Force?
If you're playing White 2, you can go to Route 4 every Monday and a Braviary with Defiant is available for you to catch.

I'll give you a video by Marriland so you can see where it's found:

Old December 3rd, 2012, 11:11 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Well, if you can't get Defiant you can just swap Return for Rock Slide which will 2HKO max DEF/HP Bold Rotom-Fan that may want to swap into Braviary expecting to resist both Brave Bird and Superpower. This is, of course, if you're asking for a competitive build in the NU tier (where asking in the Battle Center might be better, someone will probably have a better answer).

If you're asking for a Braviary set that's good in-game, just go with;

Sheer Force/Jolly
4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
-Brave Bird
-SuperPower
-Rock Slide
-Shadow Claw/Return/Roost/U-turn

Last move just depends on the rest of your team. Sheer Force is perfectly fine in-game since it boosts Rock Slide and NPCs rarely, if ever, use stat lowering moves.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old December 3rd, 2012, 11:20 PM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Nature: Brave
Once I'm in Lentimas town, where is Drayden? Is he in Reversal Mountain? Is it meant to be all dark?
Old December 3rd, 2012, 11:26 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
Once I'm in Lentimas town, where is Drayden? Is he in Reversal Mountain? Is it meant to be all dark?
No, he's still in Opelucid city. It's actually a while before you get to meet him. You need to make your way through Reversal Mountain and a couple of routes before you get there.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old December 4th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Day before yesterday i started constantly resetting my DS Lite's clock to a minute before midnight and then playing my Platinum game to try and get the Pokemon population outbreak I wanted. If it wasn't the one I wanted, I'd simply save and reset the clock again to try and get the one I wanted. The date on my DS wound up around the 22nd before I set it back to the real day and time and quit. The problem now is, it's affected my White 2 game. I figured it would for that night, but then it wouldn't let me do the lottery in Join Avenue or send a Pokemon to the Dream World yesterday either, and now I can't do it today, either. Will I really have to wait all the day worth of times I reset the clock, even though i corrected the date and time? Any way I can fix this, such as trying my White 2 activities on a different DS?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old December 4th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Jak
where the fairy flies

I think you'll just have to reset your DS clock to the correct time and wait it out for a day. Sorry. :( A day isn't too long a wait though!
Old December 4th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Blade_of_darkness
I'll have your blood!

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness
Hey, how in the world can someone raise their entree's level on the opposite color to one's game that they own i.e. the entree's black level for White 2 players? Do I have to have the other game with me in order to do this?

Vae Victus!!
Little sis: Autumn Reverie (since she HAD to get her name changed...!)
Old December 4th, 2012, 06:58 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_of_darkness View Post
Hey, how in the world can someone raise their entree's level on the opposite color to one's game that they own i.e. the entree's black level for White 2 players? Do I have to have the other game with me in order to do this?
I believe so, yes. I'm pretty sure the other game also has to be the host of the game.
Old December 4th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I think you'll just have to reset your DS clock to the correct time and wait it out for a day. Sorry. A day isn't too long a wait though!
Reset it again? I already have it set back to the correct date and time. I did that night before last. That's why I'm concerned, since my White 2's daily features appear to be shutting me out 2 days in a row now. I'm concerned that the constant resetting of the clock and pushing forward of the calendar will have me stuck for a while now.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old December 4th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Nature: Sassy
Iirc it's actually a 3 day wait to reset the clock. I still haven't changed mine for Daylight Savings because of that, lol.
Old December 4th, 2012, 08:30 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
Reset it again? I already have it set back to the correct date and time. I did that night before last. That's why I'm concerned, since my White 2's daily features appear to be shutting me out 2 days in a row now. I'm concerned that the constant resetting of the clock and pushing forward of the calendar will have me stuck for a while now.
If you change the time on your DS you have to wait for two midnights to pass before everything starts up again.
Old December 7th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Shucklulz
(◕‿◕✿)

Send a message via Skype™ to Shucklulz
Do the trains in Anville Town appear on specific days or are they randomized?

nyoom | tumblr
Old December 7th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shucklulz View Post
Do the trains in Anville Town appear on specific days or are they randomized?
It's the latter that is right, they randomly appear on no select day.

Also, I think this applies to Black and White as well as Black 2 and White 2, just to clarify.

Last edited by Hikamaru; December 7th, 2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old December 7th, 2012, 10:07 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
It's the latter that is right, they randomly appear on no select day.

Also, I think this applies to Black and White as well as Black 2 and White 2, just to clarify.
You are correct.

Quote:
Anville Town is known for its connection with locomotives, and every day a different train engine can be found on the turntable in front of the town's roundhouse, most of them a part of the Battle Subway system of trains. A Worker on the bridge will explain their origins, inner-workings, and/or capabilities.
Source.

There are also 11 Trains and only 7 days of the week, so it's not based on a certain day.

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old December 8th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Is there any way I can simply give Pokemon from my White to my White 2? I have a motherload of Pokemon to trade and it would be nice if I didn't have to catch the same number in my White 2 game to trade back when I am sure I won't be using them in White anyway.

Old December 8th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

There's no way as far as I know. :/
Old December 8th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Khrysta

Transfer programs are cross Generation. So you can only mass Transfer between Gens 3 and 4 or Gens 4 and 5. Since both B/W and B2W2 are in the same Generation, you have to do one by one trades.

There isn't any way to transfer from White/Black to Black 2/White 2.
Old December 8th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Also, to add on to what XanderO said, you can trade as soon as you have the first Gym Badge and the C-Gear.

There are no other requirements, and you can trade with both Black/White and Black 2/White 2.

Old December 8th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Azire
Mr. Premier Ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Azire
What is the purpose of hacked Pokemon? Nobody wants them for trades and isn't there more pride in legit Pokemon? Also is there any dangers to having hacked Pokemon? I just figured out my shiny Charizard is hacked and I need to know if it would be safe to trade to Black 2 and breed before releasing it
(Ditto Unavailable Due To Restart)
Azire's Premier Pokémon
Please Leave A Review If We Trade
Trader Review Thread
Pairs: Lunis
Old December 8th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Jak
where the fairy flies

Breeding with a hacked Pokemon is fine. Most people tend to agree that it's legit, because you legitimately bred the Pokemon, which is how you're supposed to get certain Pokemon. So that's fine. Hacked Pokemon aren't allowed in tournament play, so if you do those, you should let that Charizard go. And no one wants hacks because of those reasons. It's also a pain to work hard to get a Pokemon through breeding or RNG abuse and trade it for a hack, which is easy to do that. So it feels like a waste of work for those that end up getting a hack for something they spent time and effort on.

Sponsored Links