The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old December 4th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
Helen
Her heart dropped, as if off a cliff. "You mean he is alone?" She shivered violently, fearful for James. "He could be dead..." She said softly, "He could be dead..." She slowly walked to the car repeating the statement in shock. She got in the passenger's seat, locked the door, and said nothing. She shut off the world looking at the bright picture. "he could be dead..." she chanted. No tears ran down her face, she felt broken. She heard James's voice in her head, calling her name...
Yelling for her...
She interpreted it as a way of his ghost saying she had abandoned him.

James
James looked out the small window slit, the small light of day that had kept him company had faded. "Goodbye bright sun, maybe I'll look up at you tomorrow still." He said hoarsely, still refusing to eat or drink. He stood up weakly, realizing that he had refused to eat the day before because they were short on food, he had given it to Helen. "Maybe there's something to write with..." he mumbled, the sound of his own voice made him less lonely. He opened boxes, threw them on the ground with a certain desperation, he had reagitated the pain in his hand. He eventually came upon some cheap radio sets, giving him a new hope. He looked for a knife to open the plastic, and eventually found one. Cutting open the package he quickly found the included batteries and tuned to the frequency they use.

"Hello, Helen! Please answer, HELEN." There was static on the other side. No answer. "Helen..." He cried.

Meanwhile the radio in his pack was making noise, the voices from both couples had attracted a few walkers to the area. They shuffled around, not disturbing the pack but attracted to the radio's noise.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old December 5th, 2012, 01:12 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
Rick stood from the chair that he was sitting in, putting down his water. He nodded to Steven, who also stod. They walked out to the barricade, and waited for the current team on patrol.

Five minutes passed, and Rick stamped his foot. He opened the door, and jumped back as a human Walker charged at him. As he was chopping the beast's head in, he notice that its mouth and hands were covered in fresh blood.

"****! Steven, follow me!" Rick yelled. He ran out of the barricade, decapitating another walker. Steven followed suit, bashing another with his pipe. Ryan quickly unclipped Aggron's ball,releasing him. Just in time, Aggron stomped on the nearest Walker, a Pikachu. Aggron walked among the humans, crushing them with his sheer strength. Rick climbed a near building, observing the scene. He noticed that the majority of the walkers were congregated around the Center, which was close by.

That's why they were so close... Rick thought as he hopped down.

"Steven! The Pokemon Center!" Rick yelled over the screams and moans of the damned. Steven nodded, and gasped as a Tryanitar Walker lumbered into view. Aggron roared, and tackled the beast.

Rick took adantage of this distraction, and jumped into e crowd. He raced through, getting a few minor scratches. He rammed the door in, using it as a waynto thin down the crowd of undead. He killed every one of the walkers that came at him, ducking into a small, dark room. He shut the door, and barred it with his body. He was sitting, heart pounding, when he realized that there was another living thing in the room. Rick readied his ax, and kept alert.

"Hey, are you human?" Rick whispered. He was perfectly ready to decapitate whatever came at him.

Last edited by IceFyr1928; December 5th, 2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: finish.
Old December 5th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Claire*
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy
Paige Cooper
Paige did her best to contain her laughter at Jackson’s Haunter. The little pokemon’s practical joke was oddly out of place with current circumstances, but its joke did not undermine the importance of its information. The smile that had formed on her lips at seeing Jackson get freaked out, was quickly dissipated by the news of a growing horde. If they were outside the gas station, that had to be where James went. He must have drawn a bit of a crowd in trying to accomplish whatever it was he wanted to do. All the more reason why he should have let her come along. Maybe they could have thought of a plan to sneak in together instead of reckless endangerment.

Helen was in a damaged state and Paige knew how hard it was to reach through to somebody like that. After she had locked herself in the car, Paige turned to Jackson to try and get his opinion. He seemed the most stable of the others she was currently stuck with. In a time like this, he might be able to give level-headed advice. His Haunter would surely come in handy too since it had the ability to get through walls.

Paige cleared her throat and shifted the weight of the pack pressing against her back. She still clung on with a death grip as darkness further loomed over them like waiting death itself. Night was so dangerous now. In a world that had previously been illuminated by the finest in man made technology, the world was almost eerily and unnaturally dark. Before, when a person could walk a street corner without fear, now a simple stroll could be somebody's last. It was a nightmarish scenario that had many seek refuge in the evening hours. Only the most brave or foolish dare voyaged beyond the sun’s warm embrace.

“Jackson, we need to do something,” She spoke up softly, her voice not sounding as sure of herself as the statement sounded. “Maybe, maybe we should go check out the station and see what’s up?” Paige raised her gaze and looked at him in the eyes, nerves causing her finger to tap against her upper thigh.
Old December 5th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Jackson Wells

Still a little shaken up by his Haunter's joke, he didn't even have time to react as Helen bolted for the car, causing him to blink in utter confusion.

"H-Helen, wait, he's probably-"

And he didn't get to say any more, as Helen had shut the door and locked herself in the car. He let out a slightly frustrated little groan, raising both hands to ruffle up his hair, which he felt was better than punching things to get rid of frustration.

"Rrgh, why do they have to be so... aloof?"

Huffing softly, he furrowed his brows, desperately trying to come up with a plan of 'attack', rubbing the back of his head while his Haunter casually did little backflips in the air, waiting for a decision from the two.

Jackson eventually looked up at the girl, realizing that, if anything, she'd have his back. She could've just run off with the supplies she had found, but she came back. This gave Jackson at least a sliver of hope of rescuing James.

"You're right, we do. I think waiting until tomorrow is dangerous... plus, Helen locked the car. So... yeah, I guess we should go have a look at the gas station and see what we're up against..."

Jackson definitely didn't sound or feel as brave or sure of himself as he pretended to either, but he took a deep breath, meeting her gaze and giving a nod and a slight smile, trying to comfort her despite his own uncertainty.

"It'll be okay, don't worry. Let's go have a look and see if James is actually there."

Giving a little wave to his Haunter, it moved up in front of him to lead the way, keeping lower to the ground than usual, due to not wanting to be seen by a shuffler. Jackson glanced back to make sure the girl was following as they very carefully snuck through the surprisingly empty suburbs of Cerulean City, Jackson clutching his pipe tightly.
When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk
Old December 6th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Claire*
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy
Paige Cooper
Paige followed behind Jackson, his pace comfortable and easy enough to follow. As Jackson led them through the city streets, Paige pulled the pole from her back and mimicked his tight grip on her weapon. She swept her vision from side to side, her eyes desperately searching for signs that anything could be amiss. Where was everyone in this city? Had they all been infected? Normally, there was at least some indication of life or things being lived in. But here, things were different. Everything seemed to have a permanent oder of death and decay. Even the creatures were nowhere in sight. Had they all converged on James’ position?

“I think it’s somewhere up to the right,” She walked up to Jackson and whispered right into his ear. Any unnecessary noise could draw unwanted attention and unwanted attention usually equalled death, or worse. As the night quickly began to vanquish the light, every shadow grew until they merged into one giant blob of darkness. Buildings became harder to distinguish, Paige grabbed Jackson’s shirt just to make sure that he headed the right direction.

Scrambled could have very easily lit up everything if need be. The little Happiny’s flash move had proved invaluable many times before and was something many chided Paige for teaching her pokemon. People always told her it was a worthless move and that you could just buy a flashlight. Of course, they weren’t laughing so much now. Artificial light was rare to come by. Electricity and batteries were quickly becoming an extinct creation. Pokemon with flash had new found value in the world. However, the light would only serve as a homing beacon for the monsters now, like a Venomoth to a flame. That and Paige feared her little pokemon becoming prone to the illness that had robbed many owners of their precious pokemon before her.

It didn’t take long before they happened upon the aforementioned gas station. From the looks of it, the place was absolutely swarmed by the infected. They seemed to be moving as one harmonious, throbbing horde of death. The faint moans of the monsters filled the evening air, not unlike the noises Paige heard from the ill in a pokemon center. If she hadn’t been witnessing it with her own eyes, Paige wouldn’t have believed it herself. Quite frankly, she thought it was like something out of a horror movie. A thought that had been running through her head more and more as of late.

“Great...” She whispered in Jackson’s ear again. “I bet you the idiot got himself stuck in there.”
Old December 6th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Jackson Wells

Jackson continued down through the rapidly darkening streets, following after his Haunter, floating about in front of him, leading the way while keeping a lookout for any and all monstrosities. He glanced slightly over his shoulder as the girl whispered into his ear, prompting a light nod from him, but no words, as he knew that only the slightest raise in their voice would draw the monsters to them.

He felt her grasping his shirt, finding his cheeks darkening a little as she did, as well as feeling confused about this feeling. He shook his head and pushed it away, focusing on the task at hand as he began squinting, finding it harder and harder to distinguish... well, anything.

Eventually, they came to a corner of a house, where Fog stopped and turned to gesture around the corner. Jackson raised his brows and with the girl by his side, he peeked around the corner, watching the horde of undead milling about the gas station, Jackson's eyes widening in fear.

"Oh... my god... there has to be at least a hundred of them!" He whispered out franticly, the hopes of saving James rapidly declining as he glanced to the girl, frowning as he looked back to the gas station.

"... Probably, yeah... what do we do? We could try luring them all away... Fog may be immune to the thing, but he can still be hurt by the Pokémon..."
When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk
Old December 10th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Joint Post With Ice
Rick and James
James heard the voice of another man through a radio, his radio. "Hello? Is there someone there? Please answer." Somebody must have wandered into the building that his pack was left in, "If you can hear this, look for a bag hung on the door, inside will be my radio!" James felt a new hope, maybe he wouldn't be abandoning Helen. His voice was raspy and weak, it may have been hard to hear him but James prayed that whoever was on the other side could understand.

Rick was hefting his ax, sure that there was a walker in the room with him, when he heard a raspy voice mutter something. Rick quickly got up and wedged the door with a chair, chopping off the hand that managed to get through.

"So, where are you? Keep talking and I'll come to you. I'm Ri- ****!!" Rick yelled as a large arm ripped through the back wall, bathing the room in sunlight. His eyes quickly adjusted, just in time to see Aggron brain the Tyranitar walker, who's arm was what broke the wall. He saw the first of many human and small pokemon walkers start walking to the hole, but Steven appeared, holding them back.

"Aggron, keep the walkers away from the hole!" Rick yelled as he pulled Steven into the now lit room. Further inspection revealed that it was devoid of life, but there was a bag near the door. Rick rummged through it, and found a two-way radio that was on. The volume had been turned down, so he turned it back up.

"This is Rick Cawlins, can anybody hear me?" He said into the radio.

James laid against the wall, hand throbbing from the splinters he didn't pull out, "Rick, this is James." He said faintly, "I am stuck in a gas station..." He slightly regretted giving his location, not wanting to risk another's life, "In that bag is a note, c-can you bring it to my darling Helen? She is in the outskirts of the city in a car, possibly with two others..." James thought for a moment, "Tell her... tell her I am sorry, if you do that, you can keep whatever is in the bag except the note. Please sir, please."

"Got it, James. Stay alive, we'll get you and your girl out safely. Out." Rick said, putting the radio into his pocket.

"James, you take Aggron and check about Helen, I'll go get James. Clear?" Rick said. James nodded, and ran out the hole in the wall. Rick waited, and then followed, running towards the gas station at the edge of the city.

RICK
Rick was running, decapitating the occasional walker, when he heard Aggron roar twice. Rick knew that was the signal for safety, and he sighed in relief. He turned a corner, and ran smack dab into a Blaziken walker.

"Shiiiiiiiitt!!!" Rick yelled shakily, turning around and running. Once he was a safe distance from the slightly more agile walker, he swung around, brandishing the ax. He came face to face with the bird, the ax managing to take an arm off. The beast screamed in hias face, attempting to bite him. Rick took a step back and quickly got the blade of the ax up to his face. He then chopped the walker's head off, although not before it managed to nip his shoulder with its beak.

"C'mon Rick, get a move on. Just a scratch." He told himself. He then continued running, much more aware of his surroundings.

STEVEN/AGGRON
Steven quickly led Aggron through the streets, not meeting many walkers. Those they did see were easily killed. They soon came into view of a car, with a few walkers approaching. He and Aggron quickly disposed of them, and Steven knocked on the window. There was a woman inside, with the doors locked.

"I'm here to help. Also, I got something for you, from James." He shouted into the car.

Helen
Helen heard a knocking on the windows, but her mind was absent from reality. She looked up sadly, "What could you have of his?" she said through a cracked window, "He is trapped and dying, you have nothing for me. Leave it on the ground..." She didn't say anything anymore, and went back to looking at her picture.

James
James heard the other man say he was coming to get him. "No, don't come get me!" He rasped loudly, "It is too dangerous! Don't do it." He was trying his best to yell, but he was dehydrated and malnourished, and couldn't do it. "Don't do it, I'll be fine..." All of his yelling had actually prevented him from breathing and he passed out...

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:29 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
RICK

Rick quickly came in sight of the gas station, and he noticed only one or two walkers in the area. He quickly disposed of them, he shoulder aching more than it should have. Rick then came to the front door of the gas station.

"James, if you can, you need to get back! I'm going to break down the door!" Rich shouted. He waited for a minute, then kicked the door in. The interior was dark, as the sun was just asinking below the horizon. He lit a match, flinching when he saw a man laying on the floor, looking dead. Rick saw that he was breathing, however slight, which walkers did not do. He then knelt near the body, checking vital signs. When Rick was sure that he was still alive, he poured some water into James' mouth, tilting his head back to get him to swallow it.

"C'mon buddy, don't die on me now..." Rick whispered, more to himself than James.

JAMES/AGGRON

James nodded, placing James' note to his spouse near the door to the car.

"Would it help if I told you that your friend, James, is still alive?" Steven asked. This lady looked like she could use some good news right now.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here