The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 4th, 2012, 08:16 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Pacifidlog Town is one of the most unique settlements in the Pokémon franchise (although Humilau City is sorta close). It is a town built completely on the water. It is also one of the few towns/cities you cannot use your bike in. Pacifidlog Town is also the only settlement accessible before the E4 that doesn't need to be. So what did you think about this small town? Do you think the south sea nation built on top of Corsola mentioned in Corsola's Silver Pokédex entry is Pacifidlog Town? Do you ever visit Pacifidlog Town before the E4?
Old December 4th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
I always make way towards it when I play RSE just to get some exp before the final gym. Other than it being one of the staple cities in Hoenn though, there's not much else to it. Except talking to that man to go to Mirage Island. I've gotten more random shinies than I've gotten to go there. Shinies: 6 Mirage Island: 0

Oh and there's that rip off trade. Bellossom for Corsola, who you can catch right outside the door to that guy's house and there's only one Sun Stone in the game...yeah, no thanks. ...That makes me dislike Pacifidlog now lol.
Old December 4th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Correspondence

I always thought that town was well built but its a bit boring.There could be some backstory or sidequest.
Old December 4th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Pacificlog town was very interesting indeed. I think it does serve a purpose though. There isn't all that much to do there at first glance, however it is a nice "rest stop" before you go to the Regi's chamber and/or Rayquaza.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old December 5th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
It was a nice access point if you were trying to get to the Sky Pillar or one of the Regi's chamber, but that was about all I used it for, since I forgot about Mirage Island most of the game. Come to think of it, there was another man living in the town that gave you a TM for Return or Frustration once a week, but I think I only went there once to get it.
Old December 7th, 2012, 08:53 PM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
So what did you think about this small town?

I like how it is very unique, but I do not like the fact that you can't ride your bike even though it makes perfect sense to use one to begin with. I wish there were more huts and activities to do in this town.

Do you think the south sea nation built on top of Corsola mentioned in Corsola's Silver Pokédex entry is Pacifidlog Town?

No, I don't think so because Pacifidlog town was probably never even thought of when Pokemon Gold and Silver came out.

Do you ever visit Pacifidlog Town before the E4?
Yeah, I have before just to see how it looked and what was there to do and I was very disappointed to find out that there was nothing to do in my opinion.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old December 8th, 2012, 04:25 PM
atie

Nature: Quiet
One word of this town: unnecessary

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gliscor is boss. Period.
Old December 11th, 2012, 02:23 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I for one, liked Pacifidlong Town. I thought it was a cool idea to have a town on the water. I always visited there before the E4 because I pretty much just wanted to battle the trainers around there for exp. When I heard about the Corsola thing, I found it very interesting and would like to think that it is true.
Old December 11th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Hikamaru
it's too cold for you here
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I liked the scenery of Pacifidlog Town, it really showed off how water-rich Hoenn is. A town on water was something I never saw happening but they pulled it off well with Pacifidlog.

I did visit once before the Elite Four but it wasn't really worth it. Also, I agree with Sydian that the trade of a Bellossom for a Corsola was a rip-off given you only get one Sun Stone in the game.

Tbh I didn't really like Pacifidlog much cos there's not much to do there.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links